AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-09-02, 12:20   Link #81
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

OMG . . im so dissapointed. Why is hajime no ippo thread so short?!?!?!

freak, u know i always hate the 80s manga drawing style, but its just last week that i was so dam dead bored and i read up 2 chapters of hajime no ippo.

not kidding, within the next 4 days i complete the reading up to the latest chap (800+++), it was so entertaining, i entered into the lone world and totally severed the ties with the reality world during the 4 days.

now i could truly understand the reason why even with the older styles drawing it could be still continue its serialization in the jump weekly.

i really opened my eyes now, i gonna start reading into storylines instead of blindly looking at those modern manga arts.

p.s incase anyone had mistaken, hajime no ippo had excellent drawing, just with an older style. the modern drawing style now is much more simplified and easier to draw especially the cant be bothered background style
Yaoi_Daisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 15:22   Link #82
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Good story telling and colorful balanced characters.

Who's gonna win? RBJ or Miyata?
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-02, 16:21   Link #83
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

YES!!! Ippo fans! to agree with YD, I read all chapters in a smilar span of time. Ippo is IMO the BEST sports manga out ther(better than Slam Dunk, Eyeshield 21 and Wild Striker)

And the question someone asks every 10 seconds: Why didnt it get animated past ep 77? There is a petitio onilne with like 1 million i think. I know that just viewrship isn't enough to drive a series to be animated, esp since most of those petitioners are Western viewers.

But WHY!?!? T_T (i'm a fan I still have the right to whine)
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 19:42   Link #84
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

heart say miyata, brain say either a pussy draw or sawamura will win.
Yaoi_Daisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 05:36   Link #85
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
YES!!! Ippo fans! to agree with YD, I read all chapters in a smilar span of time. Ippo is IMO the BEST sports manga out ther(better than Slam Dunk, Eyeshield 21 and Wild Striker)

And the question someone asks every 10 seconds: Why didnt it get animated past ep 77? There is a petitio onilne with like 1 million i think. I know that just viewrship isn't enough to drive a series to be animated, esp since most of those petitioners are Western viewers.

But WHY!?!? T_T (i'm a fan I still have the right to whine)
According to Bakuman, Sports mangas suck balls in popularity. Just because POT did well and ES21 is popular atm doesn't mean most sport mangas succeed. It's generally the suck.

This community and it's people most likely do not represent or have any form of knowing the japanese community, so that aspect of sales is ignored. Let's look at the other form, and that's overseas. When done by translating companies, or dub companies, let's look at our magnificant products.

Oh wait, pretty much every series got butchered beyond belief besides DBZ (IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAANDDDDD) Do you really think HnI would work for an audience that's too DUMB to look online for free stuff and READ instead of DUR MUST HAVE IT IN ENGLISH/NATIVE LANGUAGE. Fact is, the people who can appreciate these works overseas are the people who can get it for free. The people who pay either pay because they support the mangaka and have already access to it, or people who just want to try it but are NOT long term investors.

Yeah and of course, for the japanese community, they frigging cut off Mx0 yet Naruto is still ever so popular(GRRRR EYEBALL SKEELZZZZ HEY LUUK SASUKE I HAVE A EYE TECHNIQUE TOO, EASY TO DRAW FROG I'S HAR HAR). Enough said.

>.> RBJ looks gimp now. I thought he was a genuine monster, but this chapter showed me Miyata's got it in the bag. It's the typical, Miyata wins early, then opponent shows new move, then Miyata shows counter, then opponent beats him up, then Miyata shows guts, then opponent beats him up but fatally makes a mistake, Miyata wins. Hurray for the simple formula that will only be edited but not fundamentally changed. I mean, I really thought RBJ was someone special when they said he was going to take on the WORLD. I mean, MARTINEZ? That guy is GODLY. He's Takamura level and higher with a smaller body. But now, you know of his TRAGIC past and what not, he's just another LOSER.

=/ It's really a shame, since he's probably the coolest character since Sendo to come out (Sawamura is kinda cool, but not Sendo cool) and I thought it'd be the first time a full out villain won (Mashima is not a full out villain, he got fleshed out to be a "good guy" in a way).
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 07:46   Link #86
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Everyone has a change of heart. Hmm too bad for RBJ though...

So Martinez FTW then.
Old 2008-09-05, 08:44   Link #87
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Everyone has a change of heart. Hmm too bad for RBJ though...

So Martinez FTW then.
And he too will lose because he's too old by then and was somehow magically injured permanently by Sendo, who he will retire permanently or maybe outright kill.

Of course, this is one of many generic paths this series can take. But it's a plausible one given how damn cheesy things are going.
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 09:01   Link #88
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
And he too will lose because he's too old by then and was somehow magically injured permanently by Sendo, who he will retire permanently or maybe outright kill.

Of course, this is one of many generic paths this series can take. But it's a plausible one given how damn cheesy things are going.
Yeah I know these predictable things, but I am hoping the author does something that we might not expect with Martinez, Sendo and Ippo. Since the beginning Martinez has been unbeatable in fights and spars. Not unless you count Date hitting him with the heart break shot, but due to the crack fists the power wasn't enough to stop his heart. Strong muscles for his age.
Old 2008-09-05, 09:11   Link #89
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Yeah I know these predictable things, but I am hoping the author does something that we might not expect with Martinez, Sendo and Ippo. Since the beginning Martinez has been unbeatable in fights and spars. Not unless you count Date hitting him with the heart break shot, but due to the crack fists the power wasn't enough to stop his heart. Strong muscles for his age.
There is one possible consideration, "Diablo" Martinez announces his sudden retirement and every WBA Feather weight world class fighters enters a Battle Royale type tournament.
Now that will be a sight to see.
We have Sendo we have Vorg, we have yet to be seen foreign contenders and Ippo all competeing for the belt.
Now that will be the Ultimate clash!!
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 10:16   Link #90
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
According to Bakuman, Sports mangas suck balls in popularity. Just because POT did well and ES21 is popular atm doesn't mean most sport mangas succeed. It's generally the suck.

This community and it's people most likely do not represent or have any form of knowing the japanese community, so that aspect of sales is ignored. Let's look at the other form, and that's overseas. When done by translating companies, or dub companies, let's look at our magnificant products.

Oh wait, pretty much every series got butchered beyond belief besides DBZ (IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAANDDDDD) Do you really think HnI would work for an audience that's too DUMB to look online for free stuff and READ instead of DUR MUST HAVE IT IN ENGLISH/NATIVE LANGUAGE. Fact is, the people who can appreciate these works overseas are the people who can get it for free. The people who pay either pay because they support the mangaka and have already access to it, or people who just want to try it but are NOT long term investors.
Hmmm. Good point. Point taken.

Quote:
Yeah and of course, for the japanese community, they frigging cut off Mx0 yet Naruto is still ever so popular. Enough said.
This is now 3 consecutive threads I sunscribed to that remind me of the tragic fate of Mx0. That was one of the best and funniest mangas I have read and it had so much potential....and they were CONSISTENTLY WELL DRAWN, something not so prevalent nowadays. T_T I wish I was super-filthy-rich so I could personally sponsor my fav unanimated and unfinished works like the aforementioned and Fairy Tail. I'd pay top dollar to see a FMP! season 4 and 5, though they claimed its coming in '09. Right..
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 12:56   Link #91
sumowow

Im gonna go ahead and get this outta the way. I think the winner is going to be RBJ in this fight. The way i see it if RBJ wins then he'll come after Ippo next and it'll get his blood boiling knowing it was the guy who beat miyata.

Then again, it IS miyata we're talking about. The speed demon with the deadly counters, if he can't win then that only shows how far he could get. I really like miyata and all but i think RBJ will take the prize this time.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-01, 22:01   Link #92
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

it's kind of hard to see miyata practically breaking down. though at the end of 841 Ippo might say something. it would be cool to see him get up and go to ringside to smck miyata one so that he could compose himself.

or his dad could give him some advice. though miyata would have to ask him. i think that is the policy that they have. if he wants something he would have to ask. even then it is still hard to see. he wanted to beat RBJ with only counters, the style his dad used.

i keep wondering, what rank is Ippo. i think that miyata is no.5 in the world, and last i remember was that Ippo was 12th i think he must have gone up by now. i havn't read it in a long time so does anyone know???
Old 2009-02-02, 06:55   Link #93
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Many are thinking of a jolt upper or something that would beat RBJ. But I think RBJ's kindness will beat him since he won't fight an opponent at full strength when injured.
Old 2009-02-02, 08:24   Link #94
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

that would be kind of like Ippo and his dempsy upper that we saw in his fight against Scratch J.
Old 2009-02-02, 13:08   Link #95
Fran~
floating away...

Miyata will be done for only when he really will be done for. He has one bullet yet.
Old 2009-02-03, 22:29   Link #96
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
i keep wondering, what rank is Ippo. i think that miyata is no.5 in the world, and last i remember was that Ippo was 12th i think he must have gone up by now. i havn't read it in a long time so does anyone know???
He's 8th last time I saw...

Anyway, it's not hard to see Miyata is struggling. The probability of pulling another counter is low, since Randy has some unpredictable stances.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 15:43   Link #97
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Good story telling and colorful balanced characters.
Eh, its hit and miss. For every Naniwa Tiger there is a sniveling dad character. For every Eiji Date there is that ridiculous Ikemabukurobukumaku, or whatever his name was. Oh, and there is Gedo...yeah...

Also, why the hell did he started to retcon the characters ? Miyata is completely retconned now, if you read latest Miyata flashback chapters and then return to the first volume - they are completely different stories !!!

Oh, and i also thought that in so many years he could actually improve as an artist, but it doesnt seems to be the case.

I sometimes re-read first 60 volumes or so, but after that - meh, no motivation.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-04, 15:51   Link #98
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's not rectoned it's something that happened in the middle of Miyata's life with his dad. The author Morikawa wants to build deph into why Miyata seeks to perfect his fathers technique. As in the beginning his that was his motivation and there match with Ippo, the one driving Miyata now is not a final match with Ippo, but his fathers legacy of boxing against the son of the man that defeated his father in boxing.

Also read the Sendo Gaiden, it has more than the "like my dad" motivation to be strong.
Old 2009-02-05, 04:51   Link #99
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
It's not rectoned
Uh, yes it is. If you read first volume - coach absolutely have just came to know Miyata, for a very short time. And in this retcon author now says that Miyata was trained by Kamogawa since he was like 5 years old.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 06:55   Link #100
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Uh, yes it is. If you read first volume - coach absolutely have just came to know Miyata, for a very short time. And in this retcon author now says that Miyata was trained by Kamogawa since he was like 5 years old.
Miyata was a young kid back then, he was trained by Kamogawa to do counters, since little Miyata requested it. He was still a kid when Miyata Sr. got him to train in KBG. Also remember the flashback with Aoiki and Kimura when he was with Takamura, they where still young. Probably the reason is that the coach didn't pay much attention to Miyata back then one reason he says he only knows Miyata for a short time during his training years since Kamogawa has alot of other boxers too, though his cream of the crop are Takamura and Ippo which he pays extra attention too.

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports