Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 15:16   Link #41
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by console65 View Post
Exia didn't need to around. CB should have it's design specs on file.
which is of course why 00 has things like the GN Sword II's and GN blades mounted in it's shield, and why the chest vents, head, weapon mounts on the skirt armor and so on are about the same as exia as well.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 17:29   Link #42
Daigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Well Gundam isn't Hard Science Fiction.
I'm aware of this, but if people are going to attempt at rationalizing why gundams don't use nuclear reactors, I get to say where they are making mistakes.

Quote:
You would still have radioactive fallout.
No one said there wouldn't. It wouldn't be excessive though. However if the reactor were fusion, then there wouldn't be radioactive fallout even if you shot it with a missile.

Quote:
Ypu still have the problem of the radioactive waste and the fact that nuclear combustible is not infinite.
And what would the radioactive waste be exactly? What do you mean by nuclear combustible?

No one said nuclear energy is infinite. But in practical terms, it might as well be. Depending on the reactor size, there would be enough energy for years of use.
Daigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 17:52   Link #43
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Rasiel has two verniers alongside a single cone, while 00 has two cones. Contradictory. I'm not sure where the whole Rasiel 00 prototype connection came from, but mainly because I haven't been paying attention to the side stories. So I can't be too sure on the matter.
Only 2 verniers trusters? Is it only a ground type suit?
Ok i was never a fan of side stories that wasn't written by the same authors, since they either try to fit some story gaps in a weird way, or contradicts the main story, which could be true in case of 00, since the series hasn't ended yet.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 17:54   Link #44
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Only 2 verniers trusters? Is it only a ground type suit?
Ok i was never a fan of side stories that wasn't written by the same authors, since they either try to fit some story gaps in a weird way, or contradicts the main story, which could be true in case of 00, since the series hasn't ended yet.
V/F/P are all canonical--Astraea's pilot helped recover the GN-Drives from the Third Generation Gundams after season 1 ended. And no, Rasiel isn't a ground-only mobile suit.
Old 2008-10-11, 18:00   Link #45
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Actually, I think the color scheme for Rasiel is different (lighter blue, and more blue than white; Exia and 00 match). And I'm not too sure that it is a prototype for 00 Gundam. What sets the 00 Gundam apart from the others is the Twin Drive system, and I believe its been said that the GN-Verniers aren't the cones: Rasiel has two verniers alongside a single cone, while 00 has two cones. Contradictory. I'm not sure where the whole Rasiel 00 prototype connection came from, but mainly because I haven't been paying attention to the side stories. So I can't be too sure on the matter.
From here: http://www.gundamnews.net/?p=61
"Both shoulders possess GN Verniers, which is a common bond it shares with the Double 0 Gundam"

I think that any major propulsion system using GN particles is a GN Vernier and that the cone is a type made for mobility.
rebel one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 18:53   Link #46
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigo View Post

And what would the radioactive waste be exactly? What do you mean by nuclear combustible?
A nuclear reactor produce radioactive waste, you still need to process them or find a place to stockpile it, but it better be a really stable and safe place.

Quote:
No one said nuclear energy is infinite. But in practical terms, it might as well be. Depending on the reactor size, there would be enough energy for years of use.
You need uranium to fuel your reactor, there's a finite volume of it on earth, on the other hand, as long there's a sun, a working system as in gundam 00 can work without limit.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 19:16   Link #47
PzIVf3

What's the purpose of the Face Burst Mode?

>Is it to prevent shutdown from Veda?
>New version Trial System?
>To stun the enemy pilot?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 19:24   Link #48
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post

What's the purpose of the Face Burst Mode?

>Is it to prevent shutdown from Veda?
>New version Trial System?
>To stun the enemy pilot?
The first 2 aren't possible since the Gundams are no longer connected to VEDA.

The purpose of FaceBM is to strengthen Seravee's GN Field. If you look at when Virtue fought the GN-Xs their beams were able to penetrate Virtue's GN Field.
Old 2008-10-11, 19:50   Link #49
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel one View Post
The first 2 aren't possible since the Gundams are no longer connected to VEDA.

The purpose of FaceBM is to strengthen Seravee's GN Field. If you look at when Virtue fought the GN-Xs their beams were able to penetrate Virtue's GN Field.
You have to admit though, that doesn't really make much sense.

Sure, the face is probably a giant particle emitter/control device, but why include the eyes and other cameras on it?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:04   Link #50
rebel one
Do the Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
You have to admit though, that doesn't really make much sense.

Sure, the face is probably a giant particle emitter/control device, but why include the eyes and other cameras on it?
Tell that to Devil Gundam and its offsprings.

But really the longer I keep thinking about, the longer MegaGundamZord keeps popping into my head.
Old 2008-10-11, 20:06   Link #51
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It succeed in surprising the GN-XIII pilot and he was too stunned to move away

It's pretty cool actually
Old 2008-10-11, 20:08   Link #52
Daigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
A nuclear reactor produce radioactive waste, you still need to process them or find a place to stockpile it, but it better be a really stable and safe place.
I'll say it again, and what would that radioactive waste be exactly? In other words, I don't think you really know what radioactive waste is, so you can now prove that you do.

Quote:
You need uranium to fuel your reactor, there's a finite volume of it on earth, on the other hand, as long there's a sun, a working system as in gundam 00 can work without limit.
Again, you didn't read what I wrote. I'll just say it again,

"No one said nuclear energy is infinite. But in practical terms, it might as well be. Depending on the reactor size, there would be enough energy for years of use."
Daigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:12   Link #53
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigo View Post
Again, you didn't read what I wrote. I'll just say it again,

"No one said nuclear energy is infinite. But in practical terms, it might as well be. Depending on the reactor size, there would be enough energy for years of use."
Take into account that fossil, physical fuels had been depleted already, and this series takes place a few hundred years into the future of our own timeline. They might not HAVE any viable nuclear materials to power nuclear reactors.
Old 2008-10-11, 20:20   Link #54
darkprimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
GN Drives. . . Why do they provide limitless energy?
Well it's not limitless, it's infinite. There is a difference. The GN Drive can only produce so much energy at any given time, but it can continue to produce that amount of energy forever, making it into a sort of perpetual motion machine.

GN Drives are described as harnessing "photon and positron discharges of the non-evaporative decay of baryonic matter as an energy source." Baryonic matter is essentially all matter that we know of (anything made from protons and neutrons). Since they specifically say that they get photons and positrons from the decay that means it's Proton Decay. Protons take a long time to decay though, longer than the Universe has been around, so it must be some catalyzed reaction. How on Earth they are doing it so quickly I don't know, that's probably the secret of the GN Drive and GN particle production.

I honestly don't know where they can say non-evaporative decay though since that (as I understand it) would mean whatever they decompose in the GN Drive can be continually recycled for producing more energy. This completely violates the Law of Conservation of Energy. How I prefer to imagine a GN Drives functionality is a perpetual motion machine of the second type, one that violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics. We know this happens since the GN Drive generates no heat in its reaction process, meaning it's 100% efficient and since the process should work with any baryonic matter the GN Drives are continually refueling just by flying and scooping up molecules in the air.

As far as the GN Drive[t] goes with it's lack of a TD Blanket and finite operation time, it's probably that sans-purification the GN particles damage the reactor/reactor process to the extent that the decay is no longer non-evaporative. That means they are actually burning through their fuel instead of continually recycling it like the 5 genuine GN Drives.
darkprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 20:40   Link #55
ElldenStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkprimus View Post
Well it's not limitless, it's infinite. There is a difference. The GN Drive can only produce so much energy at any given time, but it can continue to produce that amount of energy forever, making it into a sort of perpetual motion machine.

GN Drives are described as harnessing "photon and positron discharges of the non-evaporative decay of baryonic matter as an energy source." Baryonic matter is essentially all matter that we know of (anything made from protons and neutrons). Since they specifically say that they get photons and positrons from the decay that means it's Proton Decay. Protons take a long time to decay though, longer than the Universe has been around, so it must be some catalyzed reaction. How on Earth they are doing it so quickly I don't know, that's probably the secret of the GN Drive and GN particle production.

I honestly don't know where they can say non-evaporative decay though since that (as I understand it) would mean whatever they decompose in the GN Drive can be continually recycled for producing more energy. This completely violates the Law of Conservation of Energy. How I prefer to imagine a GN Drives functionality is a perpetual motion machine of the second type, one that violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics. We know this happens since the GN Drive generates no heat in its reaction process, meaning it's 100% efficient and since the process should work with any baryonic matter the GN Drives are continually refueling just by flying and scooping up molecules in the air.

As far as the GN Drive[t] goes with it's lack of a TD Blanket and finite operation time, it's probably that sans-purification the GN particles damage the reactor/reactor process to the extent that the decay is no longer non-evaporative. That means they are actually burning through their fuel instead of continually recycling it like the 5 genuine GN Drives.
EXCELLENT! Wonderful thoughts in your post, Mate! I can see you're thinking critically about this, just as I have been! And I think you just dropped one of the loose thoughts in my mind into place in explaining the GN Process!

Quote:
Since they specifically say that they get photons and positrons from the decay that means it's Proton Decay. Protons take a long time to decay though, longer than the Universe has been around, so it must be some catalyzed reaction.
They call them Solar Furnaces... Yet the process that's been described isn't reliant upon Solar Radiation... Could the catalyst you and I obviously suspect has to exist to accelerate the decay, be comming from focused Solar Radiation inside the Furnace?

And as for the non-evaporative decay statement. I hadn't ever really given any consideration to the importance in understanding that single word... Though, as you point out, the GN Alpha Drives bypass the law of Conservation of Energy / Matter. I'd have to think though, however, that the TD Blanket is the component that allows this reality bending, process to take place. Whatever it is and however it does what it does, it's implicated as a peice of Quantum Engineering, which could infinitely recycle the matter into a usable state for the GN reaction.
ElldenStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 21:19   Link #56
Glio

Maybe it has something to do with being made in Jupiter and the planet's special magnetic fields or something.
Glio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 21:48   Link #57
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElldenStorm View Post

They call them Solar Furnaces... Yet the process that's been described isn't reliant upon Solar Radiation... Could the catalyst you and I obviously suspect has to exist to accelerate the decay, be comming from focused Solar Radiation inside the Furnace?
IIRC they call them Solar Furnaces because of it's self-sustaining energy. It's just a term that points to a similarity, rather than a self-description of the engine's workings. As has been seen in the series and official info many times, the Solar Furnace has no relation to solar energy or solar power whatsoever.

@darkprimus:

Now THAT is an impressive post

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 21:53   Link #58
Double 120%
Double Your Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
As the title suggests, the purpose of this thread is to discuss the Gundam 00 Mecha, Weapons, and Technology

Please keep discussion about plot and storylines in the relevant Episode Discussion threads, not here. It's also a good idea that this thread discuss things that have shown up on the show or the manga - discussion of things that have only been announced should stay in the news thread.

Note that because of the nature of this thread, there may be spoilers for non-anime Gundam 00 works. Please keep such spoilers to a minimum, and use well-titled spoiler tags whenever possible.
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title to let everyone know what you're spoiling![/spoiler]

Be polite to your fellow forum members and try and keep the discussion on topic and above all, enjoy.

Is this thread solely for Gundam 00 mecha and technology, or can it for Gundam in general?

Last edited by Double 120%; 2008-10-11 at 22:26.
Double 120% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 22:06   Link #59
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double 120% View Post
Is this thread solely for Gundam 00 mecha and technology, or can it for Gundam in general?
For now its only for Gundam 00.
Old 2008-10-12, 00:00   Link #60
miles316

jupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glio View Post
Maybe it has something to do with being made in Jupiter and the planet's special magnetic fields or something.
the only thing that i could think of that is on Jupiter is metallic hydrogen. Hydrogen compressed in the deep atmosphere of Jupiter were it starts to behave like a metal generating a magnetic field. Being extremely dense it might provide a long term fuel source that is relatively compact.

Last edited by miles316; 2008-10-12 at 00:08. Reason: gramer
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote