Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Now for a little bit of Humor. ERB style

http://youtu.be/dX_1B0w7Hzc
Old 2012-10-16, 01:44   Link #1402
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
There is already a general car appreciation thread. It is the ideal location for these discussions...
Cool, thank you James.
I shall post my Jeep obsessions there.
Old 2012-10-16, 03:30   Link #1403
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Insight: Could Obama's "ground game" clinch the election?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89F07C20121016

Edit:No Shame
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/op...e.html?_r=1&hp
Quote:
There are many unanswered questions about the vicious assault in Benghazi last month that killed four Americans, including Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens. And Congress has a responsibility to raise them. But Republican lawmakers leading the charge on Capitol Hill seem more interested in attacking President Obama than in formulating an effective response.
It doesn’t take a partisan to draw that conclusion. The ugly truth is that the same people who are accusing the administration of not providing sufficient security for the American consulate in Benghazi have voted to cut the State Department budget, which includes financing for diplomatic security. The most self-righteous critics don’t seem to get the hypocrisy, or maybe they do and figure that if they hurl enough doubts and complaints at the administration, they will deflect attention from their own poor judgments on the State Department’s needs.
But as part of the Republican majority that has controlled the House the last two years, Mr. Issa joined in cutting nearly a half-billion dollars from the State Department’s two main security accounts. One covers things like security staffing, including local guards, armored vehicles and security technology; the other, embassy construction and upgrades. In 2011 and 2012, President Obama sought a total of $5 billion, and the House approved $4.5 billion. In 2009, Mr. Issa voted for an amendment that would have cut nearly 300 diplomatic security positions. And the draconian budgets proposed by Mitt Romney’s running mate, Representative Paul Ryan, would cut foreign affairs spending by 10 percent in 2013 and even more in 2016.

Last edited by ganbaru; 2012-10-16 at 04:18.
Old 2012-10-16, 05:10   Link #1404
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Now for a little bit of Humor. ERB style

http://youtu.be/dX_1B0w7Hzc
One word. Prodigious. I like at the end how Abe Lincoln actually said things about "bitch-slapping" them like equals.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-10-16, 08:03   Link #1405
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Insight: Could Obama's "ground game" clinch the election?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...89F07C20121016

Edit:No Shame
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/15/op...e.html?_r=1&hp
This is why I sometimes think that, en masse, the GOP Does Not Get the 21st century, the Internet, cell phones, etc.

We Can Look Stuff Up. You Can't Say One Thing in front of one audience and then Say Something Else in front of another.

Keep in mind, Congressman Issa has been playing "McCarthy 2" games, he is the man who barred women from testifying about contraception (in favor of old religious fat men ), he was the wingnut on Fast&Furious (yes, there were real problems - they spanned both Bush and Obama administrations because the problem was inept BATF), he is under investigation for misuse of public funds for personal gain, and quite frankly he's an unpleasant jackass
Old 2012-10-16, 09:50   Link #1406
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This is why I sometimes think that, en masse, the GOP Does Not Get the 21st century, the Internet, cell phones, etc.

We Can Look Stuff Up. You Can't Say One Thing in front of one audience and then Say Something Else in front of another.

Keep in mind, Congressman Issa has been playing "McCarthy 2" games, he is the man who barred women from testifying about contraception (in favor of old religious fat men ), he was the wingnut on Fast&Furious (yes, there were real problems - they spanned both Bush and Obama administrations because the problem was inept BATF), he is under investigation for misuse of public funds for personal gain, and quite frankly he's an unpleasant jackass
You mean old religious fat white men.

Anyway this election is starting to look like anyones game, same as usual, but of course those always still favor the incumbent which I think is what we're seeing in the polls. God help America (yes quoting Bush here) if Romney can lie his way to the White House, what will that say to America's neighbours. I mean it's so blatantly obvious they must really be wondering at this point about placing to much trust in stock in the future of the U.S if they weren't already cause of the bad economy. How can you trust a country that can't tell fact from fiction to take point on many issues concerning the free world.
Old 2012-10-16, 09:51   Link #1407
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
How can you trust a country that can't tell fact from fiction to take point on many issues concerning the free world.
While I agree with your sentiment, I challenge you to find me a country that doesn't have the same problem
Old 2012-10-16, 10:00   Link #1408
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Cool, thank you James.
I shall post my Jeep obsessions there.
Just try not to kill anyone else with your death mobile .

Quote:
You mean old religious fat white men.
I know you are partially being facetious, but I am unclear what race has to do with a gender issue. Are you saying a Black man would know more about contraceptives [than a woman]?
Old 2012-10-16, 10:08   Link #1409
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
While I agree with your sentiment, I challenge you to find me a country that doesn't have the same problem
I think much of Europe minus the medditeranian states is pretty good at calling bullshit these days., neither France and Germany bought the Iraq war for a second and while Tony Blair toed the Bush line the populace sure as hell didn't. Meanwhile there's a sizeable chunk of Americans that still think that WMDs were found in Iraq and I bet Romney could go in front of a crowd right now and claim he will do everything in his power to catch and kill Bin Laden and get a standing ovation. its that bad in the U.S.

@James: about as much as body weight but the joke is we all know the demographic we are talking about in this case and can picture them in our heads.
Old 2012-10-16, 10:22   Link #1410
Jaieni

Quote:
I think much of Europe minus the medditeranian states is pretty good at calling bullshit these days., neither France and Germany bought the Iraq war for a second and while Tony Blair toed the Bush line the populace sure as hell didn't. Meanwhile there's a sizeable chunk of Americans that still think that WMDs were found in Iraq and I bet Romney could go in front of a crowd right now and claim he will do everything in his power to catch and kill Bin Laden and get a standing ovation. its that bad in the U.S.

@James: about as much as body weight but the joke is we all know the demographic we are talking about in this case and can picture them in our heads.
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/...classified.pdf
Old 2012-10-16, 10:32   Link #1411
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Just try not to kill anyone else with your death mobile .
OMG, GundamFan0083 killed Kenny!

Old 2012-10-16, 13:55   Link #1412
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
I know you are partially being facetious, but I am unclear what race has to do with a gender issue. Are you saying a Black man would know more about contraceptives [than a woman]?
The thing isn't if a black man would know about contraception but than Congressman Issa would had listen ( or even cared) to them to begin with.

Edit: The 4 Craziest Scientific Theories Posed by U.S. Politicians
http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-cr...feature_module
I know than Cracked isn't much of a news site but still. The fact than 2 are on the Committee on Science, Space and Technology and the others on both the Subcommittee on Energy and Power and the Subcommittee on Environment and Economy is kind of scary, if not worse.

Last edited by ganbaru; 2012-10-16 at 14:36.
Old 2012-10-16, 14:56   Link #1413
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post

Old 2012-10-16, 17:04   Link #1414
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Look's like Ryan has really shit the bed this time:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...chen-photo-op/

Quote:
The head of a northeast Ohio charity says that the Romney campaign last week “ramrodded their way” into the group’s Youngstown soup kitchen so that GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan could get his picture taken washing dishes in the dining hall.

Brian J. Antal, president of the Mahoning County St. Vincent De Paul Society, said that he was not contacted by the Romney campaign ahead of the Saturday morning visit by Ryan, who stopped by the soup kitchen after a town hall at Youngstown State University.

“We’re a faith-based organization; we are apolitical because the majority of our funding is from private donations,” Antal said in a phone interview Monday afternoon. “It’s strictly in our bylaws not to do it. They showed up there, and they did not have permission. They got one of the volunteers to open up the doors.”

He added: “The photo-op they did wasn’t even accurate. He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”
Ryan had stopped by the soup kitchen for about 15 minutes on his way to the airport after his Saturday morning town hall in Youngstown. By the time he arrived, the food had already been served, the patrons had left, and the hall had been cleaned.

Upon entering the soup kitchen, Ryan, his wife and three young children greeted and thanked several volunteers, then donned white aprons and offered to clean some dishes. Photographers snapped photos and TV cameras shot footage of Ryan and his family washing pots and pans that did not appear to be dirty.
Old 2012-10-16, 17:17   Link #1415
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
The thing isn't if a black man would know about contraception but than Congressman Issa would had listen ( or even cared) to them to begin with.

Edit: The 4 Craziest Scientific Theories Posed by U.S. Politicians
http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-cr...feature_module
I know than Cracked isn't much of a news site but still. The fact than 2 are on the Committee on Science, Space and Technology and the others on both the Subcommittee on Energy and Power and the Subcommittee on Environment and Economy is kind of scary, if not worse.
Basically, the House GOP appointed anti-science, anti-reason derps to all the positions that require a clue. That should have given voters a clue that their agenda is a Darker Age.
Old 2012-10-16, 20:10   Link #1416
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

WTF is Romney talking about bankruptcy?
Old 2012-10-16, 20:11   Link #1417
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Seems Moderate Mitt is out in full force today. "We need more Pell Grants" You mean the one that your VP partner's plan completely get's rid off?

And damn Obama is out swinging.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2012-10-16, 20:15   Link #1418
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Mitt Romney’s ‘new math’ for jobs plan doesn’t add up
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...6a4b_blog.html
Old 2012-10-16, 20:19   Link #1419
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Mitt Romney’s ‘new math’ for jobs plan doesn’t add up
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...6a4b_blog.html
Honestly, when does it ever.

Whenever I fact check most numbers spewed out by political parties or adds they tend to be grossly off.
Old 2012-10-16, 20:20   Link #1420
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Now things look to start heating up, Obama should better start attacking Romney and shut that liar's trap full of gobshite FFS.

Candy Crowley looks trying to push Romney back into order.
Closed Thread