AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-16, 14:46   Link #1881
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Oh, and the second Macross 7 Blu-Ray Box is going to be released next week, as well.

"Very little."
Old 2012-12-16, 17:10   Link #1882
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Apart from a new four-and-a-half-minute trailer for Macross30, the debut of the 1/1 Valk in Osaka, and the wrapping-up of the Macross Seminar, yeah. Nothing.
Who peed in your wheetos? I'm of course talking from the perspective of an ignorant westerner.
Old 2012-12-17, 08:01   Link #1883
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, most of those things don't get noticed by us lowly moochers, Gubaba.

Old 2012-12-20, 09:19   Link #1884
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Who peed in your wheetos? I'm of course talking from the perspective of an ignorant westerner.
Keep reading...
Old 2013-03-17, 17:35   Link #1885
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

NewType February Character Rankings

Spoiler for for size:
Old 2013-03-18, 01:54   Link #1886
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Nice to see Sheryl is still there, but that's borderline not making the top 10.

Kira and Lacus... even I would dare saying "WTF?" after all this time with them in the top 10.
Old 2013-03-18, 02:01   Link #1887
magnuskn

Eh, she will be up a few places next month, I hope. After the Macross 30 release, it should hopefully have an impact.
Old 2013-03-18, 02:49   Link #1888
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

& I'm cheering at Kirito and Morgiana being in the top two places on both. But why oh why is Leyfa more popular than Asuna? That is just wrong.

I doubt Sheryl will climb back up. Once you reach the bottom of the pile, you're likely to fall out. Plus, without any new Macross Frontier material, there is nothing to help her rise again. Besides, I'm not shocked the new girls are entirely the rise. We need fresh blood.
Old 2013-03-18, 02:59   Link #1889
wisteria233

Wow, Magi was just sweeping the polls wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
& I'm cheering at Kirito and Morgiana being in the top two places on both. But why oh why is Leyfa more popular than Asuna? That is just wrong.
The second of SAO wasn't very kind to Asuna, she was reduced to a damsel in distress.

Quote:
I doubt Sheryl will climb back up. Once you reach the bottom of the pile, you're likely to fall out. Plus, without any new Macross Frontier material, there is nothing to help her rise again. Besides, I'm not shocked the new girls are entirely the rise. We need fresh blood.
Actually, she has been low on the list before and yet climbed back up, from that. She also wouldn't be the first character to do so to do so. Only time will tell.
Old 2013-03-18, 04:38   Link #1890
Westlo
Lets be reality

Feb? We over that.

April.

No idea if she was in March or not.
Old 2013-03-18, 05:29   Link #1891
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

I couldn't find the March poll either, thanks for the April one, Westlo!

Sheryl has been off the list a few times before and got back up with or without new material for Frontier. Time will tell, if her character will be like Lacus and Kira, who have people voting for them for years. Thing about the NT polls is, a lot of very popular characters fall off a few months after their show/movie is done and very few remain. The fact that Sheryl has been on it for this long, against all odds, like K-ON!, Nanoha, Haruhi and Madoka, makes me happy.
Old 2013-03-18, 06:24   Link #1892
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

& Kirito is still in #1 for April. XD
I don't know whether to be happy or not that Asuna is beaten for 4th place by a girl hardly worth the place. I seriously am bored with Maoyuu.

@Matts & wisteria233: I am not saying she won't have chances. I am saying it is unlikely. Many people like her character, I understand; but they also like others. So voters are obviously torn and vote for other characters instead. She's an anime character who touched peoples hearts, but they also have to move on to other anime and characters. It is only natural. Plus, with Macross FB7 coming out, many were disappointed with it, so I do not count that as "new material." The game for Macross 30 is more about the new blood than the old. In short, she is likely to fall out if there is no new, capturing material for her. & I don't count manga adaptions because anime is much more popular (especially airing).
Old 2013-03-18, 08:23   Link #1893
Westlo
Lets be reality

Does is really matter if she gets back in not? She's clearly proven to not be a flash in the pan character like Ranka and countless others, seriously the only other female character to have been in the poll more than her in the last ten years is probably Lacus Clyne, #2 out of thousands...
Old 2013-03-18, 10:06   Link #1894
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

@Westlo: & Alto falls under the category of characters to be removed.
I am not super happy with Kirito on some levels & so I am shocked he placed #1 in April. I wonder if people were more motivated to vote for SAO because of its popularity rise.
& like I said, I still think it is plausible. We'll have to see. Why is it everything I say you people turn into arguments? I only wanted to simply state an opinion. That's it.
Old 2013-03-18, 10:39   Link #1895
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

I can't speak for the others, though from what I can tell, they aren't arguing, I know I wasn't. You stated your opinion, I stated mine. It's part of the discussion. And as you, wisteria and I have stated, time will tell anyway.

NT lists have some regulars who make comebacks or stay on for a long time. Saber and Lacus come to mind. Kirito, dunno, he might end up like Kyon and show up now and then. I didn't like him, so meh.
Old 2013-03-18, 16:50   Link #1896
magnuskn

Unless I my memory deceives me, Sheryl fell exactly one time off the list, I am unsure if one or two months.

Alto, while also a great character, sadly didn't leave as much impression as she did. But then again the quiet ones seldomly do.
Old 2013-03-19, 15:32   Link #1897
wisteria233

@LMK I wasn't arguing either merely pointing out a fact, it wouldn't be the first time she's fallen off and, only time will tell if she gets back up, not like she hasn't done it before, or was the only character to do so.
Old 2013-03-19, 23:37   Link #1898
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i think its fair to say that if you remember one character from this show, it'll be Sheryl.. is she 10 on the april list? i used to be able to recognize the lettering for her name. but its been far too long now.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2013-03-20, 01:02   Link #1899
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Long live queen she-ri-ru.
Old 2013-03-20, 15:33   Link #1900
Syaokura

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i think its fair to say that if you remember one character from this show, it'll be Sheryl.. is she 10 on the april list? i used to be able to recognize the lettering for her name. but its been far too long now.
Yup, that's Sheryl on April's top 10 list.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite