AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-16, 21:01   Link #61
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Offtopic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
That's just a game, not Ikkitousen. Though maybe, you are referring to the game. Maybe the mod's should split MakubeX2's post off to the Games section of the site to avoid confusion. I mean these are both about the Romance period so it could get really confusing.
As was posted by Kaioshin_Sama, he makes a valid point! Hence, all the game related posts are now moved to the newly created Koi Hime Musou thread in the Games section of the forum. Please use that thread for any other discussion regarding the game!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 04:23   Link #62
JayF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila View Post
There's already an actual AVG of the Bible?

In any case, if they do it "twisted" like the Fate/Stay Night game, WHOA boy Jesus' H-Scene would probably occur in the "Bad-Endings" while she is on the crucifix...

...and whoa boy, Madonna's Like A Prayer Music video (where she made love on an altar admist burning crosses) would be Bambi in comparison to the sheer outrage stirred up by it....

...with me quiety watching the carnage hugging a tub of popcorn and a large diet soda.
No no no, he's refering to something else.

The Japanese generally can't tell Elijah from Elisha to bother making the whole Bible as an AVG.
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 09:45   Link #63
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
Unsurprisingly, the original Ikki-Tousen Manga and anime caused quite an outrage amongst Mainland Chinese Anime Fans; for although the author claimed it was not his intention, his story did trivialize the greatest heroes of their/our culture into lust objects straight out of a se/xploitation film.
The Three Kingdoms is hardly the first Chinese work to have been exploited by Japanese manga/anime/games/etc. The most popular works to base stuff off of seems to be the Journey to the West and the Four Legendary Beasts. If anything, it's sort of strange that the Three Kingdoms aren't used more often since it seems to be the most popular piece of Chinese literature in Japan.

Ikkitousen doesn't even pretend to be vaguely representative of the actual Romance of the Three Kingdoms, so I think that the criticism in this regard is misplaced. I'd say that it's more likely to spark interest in the original work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin Aquila
Now, I know this will only happen when pigs fly, but if the allowance for homages continues, the (hopeful) logical conclusion will be:

Bible: The Dating Sim!!
I don't know if a bishoujo game exists based on the bible, but the Angel Sanctuary manga is sort of similar to what you're proposing (Admittedly, it's based more on Kabbalic texts than the bible). The bible just doesn't seem to be popular enough in Japan to serve as the basis for creative works.
Old 2007-01-17, 10:09   Link #64
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Ultimately, Ikkitousen is only very loosely based on the 3 Kingdoms. It's different from genuine manga adaptions of RoTK or even those that take certain liberties with it's story-telling porpotions like Legend of Dragon's Son or Ravages of Time. Really, it's no worse than Saiyuki making out the innocent, meek yet highly disciplined monk Xuan Zang into the gun-trotting smoker Genjyo Sanzo or even altering the epic adventure/quest of enlightment into a quirky jeep journey to defeat evil.

Ryuuroden/Legend of Dragon's Son is looong due for an anime adaption.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 09:21   Link #65
NeoSam

Check out the cover of the latest Ikkitousen manga volume (volume 12), which got released this month (January 2007).

Great art + great fanservice

Click on the image for a bigger fanservicy image
Old 2007-01-25, 09:31   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, thats just as wonderful as the past 11 covers. :3
Old 2007-01-25, 10:54   Link #67
anavrin

anyone know when the anime is gonna be released?
anavrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-25, 11:29   Link #68
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by anavrin View Post
anyone know when the anime is gonna be released?
February the 26th, according to Moonphase.
Old 2007-02-12, 06:42   Link #69
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Just watched the trailer, there's full frontal nudity, wow. Do I have to watch the original series before watching this to understand what's going on or is this pure fanservice? Just judging from the trailer, this would make a good hentai. I hope they make an H ova for this.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 11:01   Link #70
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Its not H .. its ecchi >.<

Character in the 2nd season .. 3 factions .
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-17, 12:36   Link #71
Urd
Airborne

Quoted from Wikipedia:

Ryuubi Gentoku
A clutzy, ditzy be-spectacled bookworm with seemingly has no combat skills, no mental skills and she can't even swim. She's also a homophobic but wonders if she's a lesbian herself. Ryubi is destined to be a great leader but is presently too timid and carefree to make a good one but is more than willing to do her best for her friends. She is old friends with Chouhi and possesses the most destructive dragon seen which is so evil that it radiates enthropic energy and nearly made her disembowel herself before Ryomou, Chouhi and Kanu managed to stop her resulting in all of them being critically wounded.

-------

so... was this the first time that Ryuubi let her dragon out? I just can't imagine Kannu being critically wounded...

and also..
Kan-u Unchou
Believed to be the most feared and powerful Toushi around she even carries the nearly invincible Blue Dragon Crescent Blade from her predecessor, the legendary sword Kusanagi and has overwhelming chi. She believes her destiny is die protecting Ryubi. It is believed by many characters than Ryomou will one day kill her. Presumed to be an old friend of Kakouton and Kakuka and is also a closet lesbian.

ara... who is her girlfriend in the manga then? or who does she loves?
Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 08:46   Link #72
Ialdaboth

OP is up :

http://www.ikkitousen.com/files/pv0216.asx
Old 2007-02-18, 11:47   Link #73
Mitheor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ialdaboth View Post
Thanks.

Youtube version
Mitheor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 12:20   Link #74
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I actually went through the trouble of watching season 1 once again in Jan to refresh my menory . Yeah its based on Romance of 3 Kingdoms

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-02-18 at 23:57.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 13:39   Link #75
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post

Character in the 2nd season .. 3 factions .
Like i've said before - it looks like they plan to carry on the story from where the first series ended, using manga material. Best way to go if you ask me.
Old 2007-02-18, 23:30   Link #76
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
1st post
Quote:
While Ikkitousen: Dragon Destiny has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki.
=/
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Last edited by KiNA; 2007-02-19 at 00:40. Reason: As request by G_B
KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 23:59   Link #77
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Never knew about that I was expecting otherwise Hai Hai thanx for the info KiNa As this series is always going to be compared to Tenjo Tenge . Personally I find Ikki Tosen much better ^__^

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2007-02-19 at 00:12.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 13:07   Link #78
Urd
Airborne

eps. 1 should be about to air, no?
Urd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 19:30   Link #79
gralph!?!

i am not sure if this has already been posted since this has already been edited a couple of times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-zv9l3ugVQ

some of the new characters are shown, it appears that ryoumo is in control of her dragon at stages, hakafu is also able to control it and also that lazy guy is back but not so lazy?
gralph!?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 21:58   Link #80
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw Episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote