AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 15 25.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 39.66%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 20.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 8.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.72%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-24, 02:57   Link #21
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

...ai is so daring.

<3 from the start.
Old 2010-09-24, 03:00   Link #22
sikvod00

Juinchi: Nanaski, you're amazing. You're in a club, you do volunteer work, and you do all the housework. I don't have any good points.

Well, at least Juinchi possesses some basic self-awareness.

Last edited by sikvod00; 2010-09-24 at 03:13.
Old 2010-09-24, 03:17   Link #23
pampz21
ShipCore

I lol at the preview.....
Tsukahara:I wonder who your heart is beatin for?
Junichi:maybe for Tsukahara-sempai!

GO TO HELL JUNICHI DON'T you dare make a move on her or Ill kill you!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-09-24, 03:28   Link #24
sikvod00

Ha! Hibiki would never fall for a doofus like him...I hope...
Old 2010-09-24, 03:55   Link #25
wingman32x

Finally, the subs are out!

Great episode. They seemed to really capture her personality well. She's just a really cute character. I like how she seems to enjoy teasing Junichi to get a rise out of him. I loved how Ai basically owned Junichi during lunch. That was funny. The scene on the beach was probably my favorite scene of the episode. It was when Ai finally started to open up and show her personality. Before that scene she was still a bit reserved, except for the skirt flipping scene. But in the park she seemed to let loose, leading to a good conversation between the two.

As far as how close to the manga it is, it's somewhat similar, but there's a lot of unique things there, too. Personally, I love this kind of adaptation. Having the anime follow the manga 1:1 is a bit boring if you've read it before IMO. I want to see some new things in there, too. In this case, we learned that she's a recycler. We never saw this in the manga. I like things like that, especially if it leads to knowing the character better.

The main complaint so far seems to be Ai's seemingly sudden shift to Dere. I actually agree here. The anime skipped a conversation between Junichi, Miya, and Ai before Ai started getting all friendly. During the conversation, Ai was able to get a grasp of Junichi's character, and realize that he is no molestor. In the anime, however, the only scene between the two before Ai's skirt tease was a brief encounter on the way to school. If I were only watching the anime, I would come to a similar conclusion. I guess she could have seen Junichi with Miya and figured he couldn't be that bad. But I think the anime kind of screwed that up.

Overall, it was a solid opener. They made a few minor errors IMO, but the positives far outnumber the negatives.

I give this episode a 9/10.
Old 2010-09-24, 04:01   Link #26
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

From the get go I already think she's the best of the four presented girls so far. She's got bits and pieces of the first three girls aside from her own core personality. She's unique and slightly eccentric without the lunacy, playful and teasing without being too physical, accommodating and accepting without being a doormat. Likewise I find her to be very much in control and very self-aware, which are signs of a strong character personality.

More comments and blog post later.
Old 2010-09-24, 05:32   Link #27
SidVicious
Anime addict

More Hibiki is awesome.
Old 2010-09-24, 06:18   Link #28
ueXia

Yeah, Ai is the all-round-merry-go perfect girl for the fandom.
Hell, even if you're not an Amagami follower, you'll like her inevitably.

This show has me, just when I was starting to slowly drop it .. WHAM Nanasaki comes and rescues the day.

guess my girlfriend won't be too happy about this, lol
Old 2010-09-24, 06:55   Link #29
coderlan
Student

Not disappointed as I thought I would be.

>>but that sudden change? is so fast that it feels weird.

>>liked the ED, another to my collection

didn't felt that "awesome" feeling though, so 8/10.
Old 2010-09-24, 09:08   Link #30
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have to say though that Ai has him in the palm of her hand. He's, pardon the sexist term, completely pussy whipped.
Old 2010-09-24, 09:44   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Aside from the fact that Ai's hair is a sexier version of Miya's hairstyle, I love how she's observant to pick up on the little details. It was entertaining to watch her tease Junichi for looking under her skirt the first time at the park, then holding up the line, then waiting for the cat to kick up her skirt.

It was also nice to see Ai's affection for Junichi grow during that beach scene, and Junichi picking up the trash just because Ai would. Watching their relationship grow because of subtle details rather than just a line of confession seems so much more entertaining and natural. With that said, I do agree that scene with Junichi, Miya, and Ai walking on the same road could have been done better. Ai claims she saw Junichi and Miya walk together, but all it showed was Ai looking forward while walking and minding her own business. It would have been better to show Ai looking towards Miya and Junichi, then giving a slight smile to reinforce her observant behavior.

Kaoru almost remains amazingly hot while teasing Junichi, even outside of her arc.

As for Sae, I noticed how she was discussing with Miya on designing her own clothes. That is something that I think would have made Sae's arc much more interesting. Instead of three episodes of Junichi's lustful antics, Sae's interest in designing clothes could have been brought up as more than an afterthought by the narrator, and Junichi could support her. That would be more interesting than Sae just wanting a waitressing job because it was cute and Junichi going after Sae because she's cute.
Old 2010-09-24, 10:08   Link #32
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Not much to add about Ai that others have mentioned. Though I had the same question on how she would slowly fall for Junichi. Going on what I've seen, it doesn't make sense. I did like how she's pretty insightful and observant.

Miya going "Cha-chan!" along with the rest of that scene was so friggin cute.

Also, some possible foreshadowing on Ayatsuji's arc in the beginning of the ep as well.
Old 2010-09-24, 10:39   Link #33
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ai is love <3

It's good to have the normal Amagami back, I'm certainly not going to miss Sae's arc (I seriously feel like I've been watching a different show for a while...). Excellent start to Ai's arc. It feels very good to have an heroine that isn't a total doormat too, the fact she's got the upper hand in their relationship is very pleasant. I hope it'll remain that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
From the get go I already think she's the best of the four presented girls so far. She's got bits and pieces of the first three girls aside from her own core personality. She's unique and slightly eccentric without the lunacy, playful and teasing without being too physical, accommodating and accepting without being a doormat. Likewise I find her to be very much in control and very self-aware, which are signs of a strong character personality.

More comments and blog post later.
I agree. I would even go as far as to say she's taken the best out of each previous heroines' personalities (not that they were bad). She seems absolutely perfect to me.

PS: Ai's voice sounds like heaven compared to Sae's. Yukana is wonderful.
Old 2010-09-24, 10:47   Link #34
GDB

Loved the episode, love Ai. I liked the swing scene, when Umehara was like "Hey, say something." I instantly thought of what I'd say in that situation, "That was quite a jump"... not sure if I should be happy or not that Junichi thought of the same line.
Old 2010-09-24, 11:11   Link #35
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Thank god Mr Narrator is out!

Nice introduction for Ai, bringing out all her good points right from the start. Junichi and her gave off good chemistry too, during the shopping trip. About the ED, she sounds good, but the song doesn't
Old 2010-09-24, 11:16   Link #36
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

In The Palm of Her Hand.

I am quite interested in her rather… passive aggressive approach to Junichi. Coincidentally she’s the first girl to make it obvious to the viewer that she has taken a liking to Junichi from the get-go, but her directly indirect approach to him by taking the initiative yet not making her intentions up front makes for an interesting dynamic between the two. Especially not that she’s currently in the driver’s seat, it would be interesting to see where she’ll try to steer it before Junichi realizes and, if ever, tries to take some control over the relationship.

So far he’s… how you say… pussy whipped. Which in itself is a rather fun watch.
Old 2010-09-24, 11:30   Link #37
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A nice fist episode for Ai's arc. It's good to return to a normal arc after that narration disaster Sae was forced to deal with. Ai is a fun character anyways which should make this fun to watch. She really owned Junichi a few times. Being Miya's brother really got him a lot of points apparently.
Old 2010-09-24, 13:02   Link #38
U<3Anime
Boo!

Well, I'm not really feeling the hype for Ai yet, so I wouldn't say the episode is flipping amazing. Lask week's preview suggested that Ai would be a tough cookie, but it seems she already got a sudden change of heart halfway through the episode. Ai is a cool character though.... Her appearance makes her look like a straight-up ice queen, but infact, she's actually quite talkative and friendly. Also, I like how she's teases juinichi through verbal abusement, which is better than getting the living daylights knocked out of you all the time *cough* Kaoru *cough*.

Ending song is good? Well atleast the singing, is bajillion times better than Sae's. However, the MOE-ness of Sae's ending eventually got to me, so the same might happen with Ai's.

My favourite amagami songs are still Haruka's Hana and Miya's character song though.
Old 2010-09-24, 13:32   Link #39
Itlandm
Porcupine

My impression is that Ai is a somewhat lustful but cautious girl. She wants to be desired, but by someone harmless and controllable. I have no doubt that it is Miya's description that has convinced her that Junichi is just this kind of boy: lecherous, but harmless and weak-willed. That would be a dream come true for Ai, if she is the kind of girl I think. I expect her to lead him on, but not too fast, and never giving up her control. Good thing too, because I have little trust in Junichi's ability to control himself.

In many ways, this would be an ideal match for him. Even in a marriage, she would probably have the strength of will to channel his energy into doing something useful. And she seems fundamentally sane in a way none of the prior characters have been.
Old 2010-09-24, 14:11   Link #40
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Great episode. Ai had me smiling the whole time. She really is a lot of fun.

And the swimsuit is win...so much win.