AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-27, 15:03   Link #1
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
[PC] Kamidori Alchemy Meister

Hehe... as I can understand the game now, it's time to get Kamidori Alchemy Meister. :3

EDIT : To the wise guys who keep bitching about the lack of information about this game. I did not open this thread. I originally posted this comment above in the General Eroge Impressions & Discussion thread and the fallowing posts concerning this were all wrapped up together and made into a new thread. Blame the moderator, not me...

Last edited by Crimrui; 2012-03-04 at 09:12.
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-27, 16:15   Link #2
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It seems Crimson Cloud knew before I was gonna post that Kamidori Alchemy Meister's full patch just got released
Old 2012-02-27, 16:41   Link #3
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It seems Crimson Cloud knew before I was gonna post that Kamidori Alchemy Meister's full patch just got released
At least for once, I am able to learn something on my own without you having to babysit me regarding the news.
Old 2012-02-28, 06:26   Link #4
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Hehe... as I can understand the game now, it's time to get Kamidori Alchemy Meister. :3
Alright, starting it too!
I'm still at the intro part, but this seems to be an rpg with many characters.
Just hoping the game will not crash somewhere. I haven't figured out how to save yet.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 06:48   Link #5
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
Alright, starting it too!
I'm still at the intro part, but this seems to be an rpg with many characters.
Just hoping the game will not crash somewhere. I haven't figured out how to save yet.
I played it last year and spent over 600hrs of gametime. Yes, it's quite addictive. Great to see it translated.

There are quite a number of characters to recruit in that game. Some you get eventually but others you need to complete certain quests so be careful not to let any quest uncompleted before you advance to the next chapter.

To save just right click, a new screen should appear and the save/load button should be there.
Old 2012-02-28, 07:13   Link #6
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Kamidori Alchemy Meister is categorized as +18. Thank God it's not that heavy for storage , trying it tomorrow.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 07:13   Link #7
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

As usual I'm playing on hard mode.
And damn, the first dungeon was already tricky.

Spoilers
Spoiler for trial
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Dhomochevsky; 2012-02-28 at 07:24.
Old 2012-02-28, 20:17   Link #8
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
As usual I'm playing on hard mode.
And damn, the first dungeon was already tricky.
Haha, indeed. Man, I'm in love with this game. It's kinda refreshing to play something other then the usual VN stuff. I'm loving the characters and the atmosphere in the game is really awesome. ^^
Old 2012-02-28, 20:25   Link #9
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Haha, indeed. Man, I'm in love with this game. It's kinda refreshing to play something other then the usual VN stuff. I'm loving the characters and the atmosphere in the game is really awesome. ^^

Yeah. This is now one of my most recommended eroge RPG games together with Sengoku Rance!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-29, 04:59   Link #10
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Yeah. This is now one of my most recommended eroge RPG games together with Sengoku Rance!
I'll be pretty much recommending Kamidori too, although Rance for me is... ugh, there just can't be a time when those series aren't mentioned somewhere. No offence to the fans of course.

That reminds me, I'm glad that Wil is a normal guy here, I was afraid he would be some pervert who couldn't wait to jump on females but he is pretty down-to earth. When he sees a new female he gives a pretty normal description of her look.
Old 2012-02-29, 10:25   Link #11
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Kamidori:
If I forge a different set of clothing for someone, will the enhancements get carried over?
I am still lacking items to actually make something like that, but if it means I lose all enhancements, maybe I should not spend too much there yet?
Old 2012-02-29, 10:54   Link #12
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Kamidori:
If I forge a different set of clothing for someone, will the enhancements get carried over?
I am still lacking items to actually make something like that, but if it means I lose all enhancements, maybe I should not spend too much there yet?
No, enhancements are unique to every armor. That means you have to enhance every new set from zero. I would suggest you save any money and items for Yuera's Fire or Holy armor; Emiritta's Versatile / Holy; Seravy's Dark / Versatile.

Here a good tip to make the enhancements cheaper thus easier to get. Always complete a line first and try to do it continuously. I mean, after advancing one square, continue with the one right next to the last. If you jump from 1 square to another in a different line it will cost you a lot more gold and items. You can tell which was the last enhancement you bought since it will be highlighted.

Edit: Remember all stats bonuses are unique for the armor and are only effective when you wear said armor. Skills are the exception and they can be used anytime once you buy them.

Last edited by johnishida; 2012-02-29 at 11:12.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 07:21   Link #13
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Kamidori:
Playing on hard mode.
Almost done Act4 and I still do not have enough money to really upgrade my armor: I just do not get enough stuff in dungeons to sell. I guess I should just stick everyone together to limit my potion usage. Aht (the golem) is a good tank but is so slow to use... Mana is also an issue during fights...

Melodianna took over Yuela as the vangaurd of my forces because of her higher mitigation. She does pretty good melee and also comes with spells vs those annoying ghosts (weak vs holy but almost immune to physicals). Too bad it seem there is only 3 routes in game - I want the whole city to be jealous of me going out with an angel .

Finding a new love in Suina with her 3 ranged water spell that does pretty good damage. Atm I prefer her over Emelita (whom often I leave behind as shopkeep).

Have a bit of trouble leveling Serawi as she is pretty much a dedicated healer. I try to let her finish off mobs if given the chance (esp bosses) so she doesn't fall too far behind. Aht "was" hard to lvl until I start hunting rym dragons where I can just let him tank and gain a ton of xp every round of combat.

The RNG leveling is a pain: a good level up can increase 5-6 stats (getting str+con or int+res would be the icing on the cake). A bad lvl might only increase FS by 1: which is quite useless.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-02, 08:14   Link #14
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I'm still in act 3, because I drag it out a bit with leveling.
Some things:
- you can sell "treasures" in the church, but not in your store. Took me a while to notice my huge pile of treasures (gold bars, gold dust such things). But they give a lot of money. After that I had no problem buying some upgrades. I buy the early cheap ones for each armor I get, to unlock skills.
- It's easy to level up your casters (Serawi too) by one shotting ghosts in the undead forest. Visited that one quite often. That way I managed to keep them at the general group level
- I use the deployement points a lot. Deploy, cast, retreat. And switch a lot between characters during a fight. I hardly ever use potions now.

Quote:
I would suggest you save any money and items for Yuera's Fire or Holy armor; Emiritta's Versatile / Holy; Seravy's Dark / Versatile.
Is 'Versatile' the multi-element armor? I got one for Emiritta (Sage Armor). So invest in that one?
Old 2012-03-02, 09:53   Link #15
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Is 'Versatile' the multi-element armor? I got one for Emiritta (Sage Armor). So invest in that one?
Yes, that's the armor. That one has some good skills, IIRC, and the multi-element resistance is a nice plus. Not that it matters but, design wise is also one of my favorites
Old 2012-03-02, 12:13   Link #16
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Spoiler for kamidori ch4:
Old 2012-03-02, 14:24   Link #17
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I like how no male character has a voice, but every female has one, without exeption.
Random girl you meet on the street and has 1 line total has a VA.

Question:
If I manage to get 'bronze key' somehow, will it open all doors that require bronze key, or are there mutiple versions of that key?
Old 2012-03-02, 14:36   Link #18
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Question:
If I manage to get 'bronze key' somehow, will it open all doors that require bronze key, or are there mutiple versions of that key?
You can only make one key of each type and they will open all of their respective doors. No use limit.
Old 2012-03-02, 14:54   Link #19
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Wait... I have to make them? I was thinking maybe the dragons have the key.
How do I get the recipt?

I mean the first bronze key door I encountered was in chapter 1. I should by now somehow have stumbled upon a recipt.
Old 2012-03-02, 16:44   Link #20
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I got my bronze key receipt when my (knowledge?) is high enough for it to appear under alchemy. Now I just need my silver key...

Note that the rym dragon can drop either fang or claw. Might want to save before killing it.
Spoiler for rym dragon hack:

I also discovered that demonic gear can be unequipped by hannah at the church if the decurse option is chosen.

I am trying to find a place for Aht in my party: but she is just toooo slow and Wil+Melodianna (my fav atm) already tank well enough.

Sharty is hit or miss. Super cat punch costs all her mana but can possibly do a lot of damage. Atm mine is only lv16 stuck selling things at the shop. She has good resist modifiers but mine has very low res stat which makes her too fragile to use.

Suina with a bowling ball (act2 quest iirc that ate all my wood supply)/Earth Crystal is a surprise gem. She is able to dominate water map as she can dive, gets Depth Charge, gets powered up in water, and the earth crystal allows her to use earth magic vs other water-based creatures (water weak vs earth).

Uya is used similar to Suina on lava maps: but for the most part I use him as a treasure hunter because of his mobility.

Tags
eushully