AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-22, 23:22   Link #61
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato
Is this an action game or visual novel? Who gets to bang and get banged?
Visual Novel.

Spoiler for banger:

Spoiler for banged:
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 01:14   Link #62
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie
Spoiler for game
Spoiler:
Spoiler for game spoilers:

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2006-01-23 at 02:00.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 04:05   Link #63
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Spoiler:
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 06:47   Link #64
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Spoiler for Archer and Lancer's secret technique:

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 06:53   Link #65
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Visual Novel.

Spoiler for banger:
Spoiler for game:
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 06:59   Link #66
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guy
Spoiler for game:
Spoiler:
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 07:03   Link #67
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for game:
Old 2006-01-23, 07:36   Link #68
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

NOOO, i think i just spolied myself a whole load of the story, i think large blocks of text are more of a deterrent than a spolier button =[, meh
still cant wait for the story to pan out and the battles.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 07:58   Link #69
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Probably everyone know that already, but there's a very good site with explanation about TSUKIHIME and FATE here . Give a try.

Oh, and check these doujin mangas , too. Some are very funny.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 15:28   Link #70
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Holy Grail War employs Servants whose spirits belonged to deceased heroes / heroines that acquired mythological or historical status in accordance to their heroic deeds.

I was wondering if the spirits for each of the class designations have been the same ones fighting over the past in each of the four previous Holy Grail Wars, or other heroe's spirits are later contracted to replace the current spirits in the class designation that are occupying?

In simple words, the heroic spirit that currently holds the 'Saber' designation class has been the same one fighting in all the Holy Grail Wars or had been/will be replaced by another heroic spirit into that designation class?

The same goes to the classes: Archer, Lancer, Berseker, Rider, Caster, and Assassin.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 15:34   Link #71
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
The Holy Grail War employs Servants whose spirits belonged to deceased heroes / heroines that acquired mythological or historical status in accordance to their heroic deeds.

I was wondering if the spirits for each of the class designations have been the same ones fighting over the past in each of the four previous Holy Grail Wars, or other heroe's spirits are later contracted to replace the current spirits in the class designation that are occupying?

In simple words, the heroic spirit that currently holds the 'Saber' designation class has been the same one fighting in all the Holy Grail Wars or had been/will be replaced by another heroic spirit into that designation class?

The same goes to the classes: Archer, Lancer, Berseker, Rider, Caster, and Assassin.
No, any hero can be summoned for any class... minus the one your list is missing (I believe). Say the current Saber was summoned into the war when another Saber was already summoned. She would then take on a different role, probably a Rider IMO. She would also lose whatever special abilities Sabers have and would gain Rider abilities (not Noble Phantasms though, as they are unique).

But since Saber is best suited for a Saber, chances are that she'll be summoned as one. I assume this is why all the heroes (minus one, you could say) are very much suited to their roles.
Spoiler for game spoiler:
Old 2006-01-23, 16:10   Link #72
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido

As was mentioned above; Servants are chosen from a pool at random for every Grail War.

However, you can choose a particular Servant if you possess an object that is strongly linked to that Servant when he/she was summoned.
Old 2006-01-23, 17:28   Link #73
ctrl-z
Un Nuovo Mondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Guy
No, any hero can be summoned for any class... minus the one your list is missing (I believe). Say the current Saber was summoned into the war when another Saber was already summoned. She would then take on a different role, probably a Rider IMO. She would also lose whatever special abilities Sabers have and would gain Rider abilities (not Noble Phantasms though, as they are unique).

But since Saber is best suited for a Saber, chances are that she'll be summoned as one. I assume this is why all the heroes (minus one, you could say) are very much suited to their roles.
Spoiler for game spoiler:
Hmm do you have a source that says any hero can be summoned for any class? Because, as you've mentioned...

Spoiler:
ctrl-z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-24, 07:12   Link #74
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
Spoiler for game spoilers:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-24, 07:24   Link #75
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
There are numerous people in each catagory of Servants.

For example...

*this is not an anime spoiler*

Alexander the Great was the Rider of the previous War.

Normally, the people representing each class of Servants are randomized for each Grail War. However, a Master can summon a specific person/Servant by possessing an object that is linked to that person.
Who is the Master for Alexander The Great? I can imagine he will be quite proud and difficult to control as a Servant, given his megalomania and ambitious personality. But with his legendary warhorse, Buchepalas and superlative warrior skills as well a strategist, he will be quite a catch as a Servant.
Old 2006-01-24, 12:14   Link #76
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-24, 17:03   Link #77
Mr. Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrl-z
Hmm do you have a source that says any hero can be summoned for any class? Because, as you've mentioned...
Um... the game? I'm not quite sure of the answer either. It's possible that maybe the Caster and
Spoiler:
classes have special requirements needed to fill out since they are very much unlike the other classes.

Spoiler for For Alex the Great:
Old 2006-01-25, 15:02   Link #78
ordnance11

Okay..i got some questions concerning the Type Moon world:

1) What is the Holy Grail in this story? The cup that Christ drank from the Last Supper or his descendant ( anyone read the Da Vinci Code?)

2) What's the role of the Church and the council of Mages in all of this?
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-25, 15:17   Link #79
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordnance11
Okay..i got some questions concerning the Type Moon world:

1) What is the Holy Grail in this story? The cup that Christ drank from the Last Supper or his descendant ( anyone read the Da Vinci Code?)

2) What's the role of the Church and the council of Mages in all of this?
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-25, 19:17   Link #80
ordnance11

So is the Grail semi-sentient? It'll refuse to let itself be used by anybody? I grant you that immortality is powerful, but what if you dn't need it?
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote