Notices

Old 2015-10-11, 10:38   Link #1
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ReLIFE

Genre:Comedy, Romance, School Life, Seinen, Slice of Life

Summary:
Quote:
Kaizaki Arata is a 27-year-old, out-of-work man who has failed at each and every job interview he has had after quitting his last company where he only lasted three months.

His life changes after he meets Yoake Ryou of the ReLife Research Institute, who offers him a drug that can change his appearance to that of a 17-years-old again. Taking the drug, he becomes a subject in a one-year experiment in which he begins his life as a high school student again.
Surprised not to find a thread for this, so here it is.

A great school romance story, with all the trimmings.

As of chapter 99 Ohga's finally realized his feelings!
Arata sums it up at the end nicely I think
nmext up is the big 100, can't wait to see whats in store, hopefully it's good.

Hishiron is life<3
Old 2015-10-11, 11:57   Link #2
mickbis

I hope Arata got better ending this time after his ReLIFE project finished.
I used to be in the same situation as him when I do job hunting so I really know how he feel.
It really depress as we constantly question our own worth

ิbtw really shipping Arata X Hishiron
hope the plot will not hinder their relation
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 12:13   Link #3
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It only took nearly 100 chapters but Ohga has finally realized his feelings!!!!!
Guy is a like shoujo heroine, super pure and clueless
Old 2015-10-12, 06:51   Link #4
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Love this series, fun & can be quite real.

We all somewhat dread the ReLife project ending & its possible fallouts for our dear cast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Hishiron is life<3
Trust the internet, its love dammit'.
Old 2015-10-12, 06:58   Link #5
Malicre

i still firmly believe that Hishiro is his senpai, even after they showed her death it still could all of been planned (and faked) to let her start over.

Last edited by Malicre; 2016-01-02 at 13:09.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 16:35   Link #6
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the mystery is still rolling though.. who is the first subject? and what is the relationship between Yoake and An?

well, I don't mind to see more Ohga X Kariu for now
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-12, 18:11   Link #7
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
i still firmly believe that Hishiro is his senpai, even after they showed her death it still could all of been planned (and faked) to let her start over.
I've seen this idea floating around but I really don't see it myself.
His senpai was someone to look up to, she influenced Arata alot and for that theres no way she would have been as socially inept as Hishiron.
And even if she was acting(which I highly doubt) then her calling in life is acting cause damn she's mighty good at it.

Also "faking" her death to start a new, while not impossible just kinda seems unlikely and abit fo a stupid idea tbh.
She could have easily done what Arata is doing now without a need to fake her death.
She didn't seem like the type to go along with sure a mad idea, just for a new start in life if she was leaving people behind.

I think the most popular idea is Hishiron being subject 1 but just someone else not involved in Arata's "previous life".
And tbh I hope thats the case cause you know it would be monumentally daft to have 2 people so close to each other, involved in this experiment.

I really can't wait to see whats to come!
If anything there better be alot of Hishiron in ch100, can't have such a big chapter without a star player doing her thing!
Old 2015-12-25, 13:01   Link #8
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, saw the manga up at CR, and I loved it. Hunted the rest of the manga, reading up to 50 then I took a break...

Only now did I stumble upon the announcement that its already slated for an anime adaptation (the other two mangas CR got also has anime adaptation). As someone who prefers the anime to always be the first, man it was an epic facepalm. T_T

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 02:03   Link #9
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Guys read the newest chapter ASAP
Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 03:06   Link #10
mickbis

wow didn't expected that
I feel like she might has connection but she look like she don't know anything ....
now the good ending is set !!
Old 2016-01-02, 06:01   Link #11
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Guys read the newest chapter ASAP
Spoiler:
Thank god... I was hoping this development

Spoiler for chapter 111:

Anyway, it's getting pretty interesting (and probably close to ending?)
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 07:22   Link #12
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

There are so many chapters that the author can insert here, just because a plot twist happens doesn't mean the end is near.

Whatever way this will develop I'm looking forward to it.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 13:09   Link #13
Malicre

Quote:
Still betting all my chips on this theory, especially after the last chapter.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 13:15   Link #14
Ulin

Quote:
Still betting all my chips on this theory, especially after the last chapter.
But wouldn't she recognize Arata then? the name is the same and you don't change so much in ten years... even if she changed names he would have at least commented that she reminded him of his senpai...
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 19:31   Link #15
kasimmorathi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
But wouldn't she recognize Arata then? the name is the same and you don't change so much in ten years... even if she changed names he would have at least commented that she reminded him of his senpai...
I stated my theory elsewhere, but reiterate here: I think that Hishiro failed the ReLife program the first time. Ryo stated to Arata they only erase your memories if you inform others about it (Chapter 5). Presuming her to be the senpai, it may have led to some of the depression that drove her to attempt suicide. Ryo, likely suffering guilt over this, may have stepped in. They claim to have a way to erase memories, I assume they used it on Hishiro and "reset" her memories of everything before and after the experiment. This would help explain her complete lack of any and all social ability. It'd be easier to just let others think that the suicide wasn't just an attempt, but actually succeeded.

I think that Ryo is still trying to make up for his failure with Arata's help. He can't just say: "she's your senpai", as a lot of what is driving Arata to revisit his life choices have to do with that event.
kasimmorathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 08:06   Link #16
Starlightz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmorathi View Post
I stated my theory elsewhere, but reiterate here: I think that Hishiro failed the ReLife program the first time. Ryo stated to Arata they only erase your memories if you inform others about it (Chapter 5). Presuming her to be the senpai, it may have led to some of the depression that drove her to attempt suicide. Ryo, likely suffering guilt over this, may have stepped in. They claim to have a way to erase memories, I assume they used it on Hishiro and "reset" her memories of everything before and after the experiment. This would help explain her complete lack of any and all social ability. It'd be easier to just let others think that the suicide wasn't just an attempt, but actually succeeded.
The issue with that theory was that Kaikazi's senpai only suicided a year ago (according to ch. 86 / 87), but Hishiro has been there for at least two years (ch. 11 / 29). If Hishiro was Kaizaki's senpai, it means she must have both attended school and worked at the company at the same time for at least a year, which is realistically impossible. For the time being, at best, Hishiro and Kaizaki's senpai are sisters if they are related to each other (chances are they are not).

You are right that Hishiro likely failed the experiment the first time, though. It could be that the original experiment was scheduled to go for 3 years, but Hishiro complete lack of progression in the first year made them decided she was a failure and re-designed the experiment to last for only one year to increase the sense of urgency (to change) in the subject.
Starlightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-03, 09:50   Link #17
Cerilla

I don't remember the exact chapter, but isn't Yoake's file color on subject 01 is the exact same with Hishiro's speech bubble color? Gotta recheck that later.
Old 2016-01-09, 22:22   Link #18
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

And so Hishiron being the senpai goes out the window.

Now I'm really looking forward to where this is going!

And if no one didn't know already which they should, Hishiron is <3
Old 2016-01-10, 02:53   Link #19
mickbis

I thought the fail project mean the end of experiment period
really didn't expect this
Old 2016-01-10, 06:32   Link #20
dmaxzero

... Too convenient.
The girl our main guy likes is not a kid, henceforth it's ok if romance goes that way. Instead of finding a different solution.

I still like the manga though, but this is a bit of a let down.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
experiment, high school, slice of life, young again