AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-07, 18:57   Link #1
Trez

Send a message via ICQ to Trez Send a message via AIM to Trez Send a message via MSN to Trez Send a message via Yahoo to Trez
GTO Special Live Action Question

Well I'm sure this might have been a thread before the new forum went up, but I'm not sure since I'm a rather new member. At the end of the TV Special the ending cuts off with him saying
Spoiler:
. Is that the ending? Or is there more to it because it seems like it was cut off short. Thanks
Old 2003-11-07, 20:47   Link #2
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

There's the movie. It takes place in Hokkaido, though it has nothing to do with any of the existing cast members other than Onizuka, so I'm not even sure why they bothered eluding to it in the TV Special.
Old 2003-11-08, 01:34   Link #3
haleguu
LOLICON

Since, I basically memorize the entire script for GTO Special, etc. Mirakuru Fansubs (retired) was working on it, but we didn't have time to do anything besides translations and a few editing, we passed it off to Japan-TV in hopes in finally getting it subtitled, since we knew too many people were waiting for it to be sub. I mean no use sitting on translations, no? Thanks to Japan-TV for finishing it off where we left off.

You have to watch the TV series first, then Live Special, last is the Movie. They all play a part and one story is part of the other, intertwine etc. Onizuka never intended to stay at any school for too long, since he wanted to change students everywhere. So, once his job was done at one school, it's sort of off to the next to fix things. So, he's more like a substitute for hire.

I like to see more Japanese Drama translated, but I offered to help JapanTV, but one of the OPs told me they were too busy with other projects, so maybe next time or hopefully more Japan Drama groups pop up. I'd like to start a drama subbing group maybe some time next year...doubt it though...considering how lazy and unreliable I am... -_-
Old 2003-11-08, 01:40   Link #4
Trez

Send a message via ICQ to Trez Send a message via AIM to Trez Send a message via MSN to Trez Send a message via Yahoo to Trez
yup thanks...I haved watch all of them in that order, I just felt like they could've done a better job in ending the special since the movie wasn't really connected to the series due to the different cast. Cause the ending of the special didn't even have ending credits or anything....it just cut off.

thanks for the info.
peace
Old 2003-11-08, 08:41   Link #5
Tboz

Think its a teaser for the GTO movie... the movie takes place in Hokkaido...
Old 2003-11-18, 23:27   Link #6
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
GTO live action

I just got done watching the GTO live action yesterday, and I have to say I really loved it. It was different than the anime, but I really liked it. I cried a few times.. And I have to say I really loved the ending. I haven't seen how the anime ends, though.. So I couldn't compare. What did you guys think of it?

My second question is..

I've heard that the manga and the anime were actually based on the live action. Is that true?
Old 2003-11-18, 23:33   Link #7
K_R
also known as K!

Manga came first, was not very popular. Then came the TV series, which was very popular. The manga became popular as a result. Then it was made into an anime series.

The anime series doesn't really end. It seems to follow the manga then suddenly stop.

Don't forget to pick up the TV special and movie.
Old 2003-11-19, 00:24   Link #8
|Aion|
Hajime

Send a message via AIM to |Aion| Send a message via Yahoo to |Aion|
I really hated the ending of GTO.I hope in the near futur they decide to comtinue in sme way or another
Old 2003-11-19, 01:43   Link #9
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Yes, I enjoyed the GTO drama a great deal.. and now because of it, I'm slowly becoming a drama nut. xD
Old 2003-11-19, 03:26   Link #10
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
so without giving the ending of GTO(anime) what made the ending so bad?
Old 2003-11-19, 08:16   Link #11
Tboz

I actually like the dorama more than the manga. Never watch the anime before.
Old 2003-11-19, 08:28   Link #12
Shenlong

I liked the drama alot more then the anime. Never seen the manga
Old 2003-11-19, 20:17   Link #13
NenMaster

i like this series as well, cheap but very good shame they didnt do more episodes
Old 2003-11-19, 20:39   Link #14
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
so without giving the ending of GTO(anime) what made the ending so bad?
Like K_R said, the story sort of just stops like 5 minutes before the end of episode 43... and they plug in a 5 minute quickie ending.
Old 2003-11-19, 21:03   Link #15
Strider_Lee
shinobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Like K_R said, the story sort of just stops like 5 minutes before the end of episode 43... and they plug in a 5 minute quickie ending.
Yes. The series was great, but then they just dropped a bomb for an ending that leaves the question if there will be a second season and there are some unanswered questions.
Old 2003-11-19, 22:35   Link #16
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
Quote:
Originally Posted by NenMaster
i like this series as well, cheap but very good shame they didnt do more episodes
Well.. I think around 11 episodes is the average for Japanese Dorama series. o.0
Old 2003-11-19, 22:45   Link #17
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Is the GTO drama movie just the whole anime but condensed? ^^;; I thought that was it, so I didn't download it.. I forgot to download the TV special too. ...

I'm starting to wonder if I should download more dramas @_@;; I feel so silly.. Any suggestions for good Japanese dramas?

Oh.. About the differences between the manga and the live action, I don't know. I think it's different. I personally liked certain characters a lot more in the live action than in the manga, though.. ^^; Like Onizuka himself.
Old 2003-11-20, 00:45   Link #18
dnault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurara
I'm starting to wonder if I should download more dramas @_@;; I feel so silly.. Any suggestions for good Japanese dramas?
"Golden Bowl" is the only other dorama I've enjoyed as much as GTO. "Long Vacation" is supposed to be good also.
Old 2003-11-20, 00:57   Link #19
Seifer_us
A Hunter of Peace

I've enjoyed both "Summer Snow" and "Beautiful Life", but if you don't like purely romance dramas, I don't think you'll care for either. I need to go watch some more dramas, but I never seem to get around to it.

I wish they'd make an anime adaptation of Shonan Junai Gumi, the manga that takes place before GTO, when Onizuka and Ryuji were still young punks.
Old 2003-11-20, 02:02   Link #20
K_R
also known as K!

Live action Sailor Moon anyone?

Love & Fight is also interesting.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, drama