AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-01-04, 11:10   Link #6541
Gespenst1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
[*]tatenashi, however beside how crappy her relationship with younger sister, it is unknown how or if her life growing up was hellish[/LIST]
I have a theory on that: Tatenashi might have issues with being the heiress to the Sarashiki clan. Remember, at the end of Volume 8, she told Ichika only that her real name is "Katana", with the name Tatenashi for the first-born child of the Sarashiki family.

Based on that, her issues would be that she wants to live life the way she wants to. As far as she is concerned, being the family heiress doesn't appeal to her, as well as having to privately battle Phantom Task. It explains all of the outrageous things she had done since she was introduced.
Gespenst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 12:36   Link #6542
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
It's been 7 years since the first volume of the light novel came out. Has any girl making progress with Ichika yet? So far, not one of them haven't get any closer to him. And not one of them have not meet any requirements such as to take down Chifuyu in combat, have what it takes to protect him from any and all threats including the jealous girls and oneself, proven herself worthy, and or to love him unselfishly as well.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 06:52   Link #6543
Oslight
*Scanlator

Chapter 29 of the manga is out. Download it from Rapidswitch, since Batoto is dead.
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 10:05   Link #6544
Chaos-Zero

So Infinite Stratos Yuuki Homura Chapter 29 is based on episode 12 of the first season. But the difference is that they managed to succeed of stopping the Silver Gospel with just Ichika and Houki instead of the entire group.
Old 2018-02-23, 20:49   Link #6545
Silvertail

Volume 12 has been announced to be release on April 25. The cover is on the same site the last volume was seen on. I found it on Daupao site. (the person who's been translating Volume 9).
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 20:52   Link #6546
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

https://daupao.wordpress.com/2018/02...story-preview/

HYPE!

But frankly, Izuru, he really needs too diverse the harem. We have got too many Europeans and Japanese already? When will I have my ebony?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 23:12   Link #6547
SILENTANIMELOVER

Good to hear! At least, we didn't have wait years for the next volume to come out.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 13:26   Link #6548
bones

Just noticed that J-Novel is translating Infinite Stratos. Vol 12 preview huh, looks like it's time for Houki to claim the true wife spot.

Last edited by bones; 2018-02-27 at 14:16.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 14:32   Link #6549
bakato

Wonderful. We can bitch about this place over again.
Old 2018-02-27, 15:16   Link #6550
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Just noticed that J-Novel is translating Infinite Stratos. Vol 12 preview huh, looks like it's time for Houki to claim the true wife spot.
I added the Licensed prefix to the thread although it only applies to the Light Novel in this case. All rules regarding licensed novels are now in effect.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 06:27   Link #6551
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
so has chifuyu show signs of refusing to give up her brother to her students, but more serious that before
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 13:13   Link #6552
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
so has chifuyu show signs of refusing to give up her brother to her students, but more serious that before
Things are going to get sticky. So Houki gets kidnapped by some unknown mass-produced unit? I hope Ichika rescues her.
Old 2018-03-01, 11:41   Link #6553
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Wow, a new novel volume this year? And a licensed English translation of the series?

Exciting!

I'm not terribly excited that Houki has to be a damsel-in-distress, but I hope this advances Ichika and Houki's relationship somehow.

Last edited by Convoy; 2018-03-02 at 15:15.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 21:34   Link #6554
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

On the forum thread for the ANN announcement "NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses Infinite Stratos, The Unwanted Undead Adventurer Light Novels" , I wrote a 2/28 post that said the following:

Quote:
The pace that J-Novel releases their volumes is actually good compared to the length people sometimes wait for fan translations of a light novel chapter. If the company gets bigger (say they had 13 staff members and 10 translators), they could potentially increase yearly output to 10-12 vol.
It was another case of sempai noticing me when Quarkboy (on the ANN forums, he is "samuelp") quoted me and said
Quote:
We have over 20 translators and 35-40 active freelance staff including editors and checkers now....

But I could have 200 and it wouldn't increase our pace on a _single_ series to 10-12 a year. Since I'm not going to put multiple translators on a single series (unless one quits in the middle). And forcing a single translator to do 12 volumes in a year of a single series is going to lower quality, I guarantee it. 1 volume per series every 2 months, max 2 series at once is what I believe is the limit for people before they start burning out.
This is a good business model. Even the absolute best and quickest Japanese-to-English need sleep. 2 months for 1 vol. is a good output. If the light novel was 150-175 pages, a vol. might be translated quicker. However, since many are 250-300+ pages, the 2 months is a good plan.
Old 2018-03-02, 06:35   Link #6555
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
On the forum thread for the ANN announcement "NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses Infinite Stratos, The Unwanted Undead Adventurer Light Novels" , I wrote a 2/28 post that said the following:
It was another case of sempai noticing me when Quarkboy (on the ANN forums, he is "samuelp") quoted me and said
This is a good business model. Even the absolute best and quickest Japanese-to-English need sleep. 2 months for 1 vol. is a good output. If the light novel was 150-175 pages, a vol. might be translated quicker. However, since many are 250-300+ pages, the 2 months is a good plan.
especially now that baka tsuki has officially abondoned translating IS & deleted all the volumes that they translated except for the side stories
Old 2018-03-02, 12:08   Link #6556
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
especially now that baka tsuki has officially abondoned translating IS & deleted all the volumes that they translated except for the side stories
Baka-Tsuki are legally obliged to do that if a novel gets officially licensed.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-09, 03:13   Link #6557
readher

One volume every two months is standard for both manga and LNs published in Poland. Mangas used to release one volume per month, but publishers decided that the main target age group (mostly teenagers) don't have enough money to buy that often so they changed it to two months like LNs. There are delays from time to time, but they're almost always due to print contractors (there is no digital market in Poland for mangas and LNs) being overworked.
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 10:15   Link #6558
Silvertail

I know everyone is looking forward to seeing Houki getting the spotlight in Volume 12 based on the summary. But I'm more interested in whatever other new changes Byakushiki has gained in 3rd Shift. As well, there should be new development in Ichika own ability and skills. After all, when the main character is killed, its a prefect chance to have them come back stronger then ever.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 05:42   Link #6559
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
I know everyone is looking forward to seeing Houki getting the spotlight in Volume 12 based on the summary. But I'm more interested in whatever other new changes Byakushiki has gained in 3rd Shift. As well, there should be new development in Ichika own ability and skills. After all, when the main character is killed, its a prefect chance to have them come back stronger then ever.

what i'm intrested in is how chifuyu is slowly becoming more & more jealous of her brother's closeness to his harem, u don't ichika is pretending to not notice houki's & the others feelings towards him?

i mean he's the only guy there & the students fight over him, it is a miricle he's not dead yet, not to mention it would ruin his friendship with them
Old 2018-03-22, 08:04   Link #6560
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertail View Post
I'm looking forward to see Ichika's character development.

Quote:
what i'm intrested in is how chifuyu is slowly becoming more & more jealous of her brother's closeness to his harem, u don't ichika is pretending to not notice houki's & the others feelings towards him?

i mean he's the only guy there & the students fight over him, it is a miricle he's not dead yet, not to mention it would ruin his friendship with them
Chifuyu testing these girls to see if they can meet her standards such as to beat her in combat, protect Ichika from any and all threats including the jealous girls and oneself, and to love him unselfishly. So far, not one of them meet one of those requirements. They didn't make any love progress with Ichika. If Chifuyu really want one of those girls to be his girlfriend and wife in the future, then she and the other girls needs to stop abusing her brother and treat him with respect. And don't you think I'm not aware of Chifuyu's own secret jealousy over the girls attracted to her brother. What Houki, Chifuyu and the other IS girls plan to do once Ichika graduates IS Academy? Once that happens, then Houki, Cecilia, Rin, Charlotte, Laura, and the Sarashiki sisters may never see him again as each one of them return to their home countries. Long distance relationship won't last long.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen