AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-02-09, 12:06   Link #1361
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Look! Using that kind of shit is not going to make your arguments more convincing and/or compelling, it is not going to change people's mind about what they think about Kyuubey. It's making you look freaking desperate and grasping at straws.

Let me remind you that people's general opinion is generally derived from first impressions, those are the hardest to die unless they are dispelled through a convincing story told in a convincing manner.

Bottomline, drop that strawman and hyperbole shit now, you are not going to convince me to think otherwise of Kyuubey with this kind of shenanigans. You only look more desprate in my eyes.
Aha, so it's hyperbole when I use it, but not when rick uses it. Double standard much? At least be consistent, Sheba.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 12:09   Link #1362
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Aha, so it's hyperbole when I use it, but not when rick uses it. Double standard much? At least be consistent, Sheba.
Did I say anything about rick's not being a hyperbole? What part of "Both sides" in my reply to Triple R have you not read? My god, you are grasping at straws.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 12:16   Link #1363
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Did I say anything about rick's not being a hyperbole? What part of "Both sides" have you not read? My god, you are grasping at straws.
Don't be disingenuous, Sheba.

Really, your post didn't really add anything to the conversation in the first place, so you might want to rethink your next one. Regardless of how you feel about our posts, at least they were remaining on topic, and didn't amount to whinging. Something to keep in mind.

If you want to whine, find a blog. The rest of us will return to actually discussing the topic.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 12:17   Link #1364
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichijo View Post
Urobuchi "Hey everyone, you've enjoyed it until episode 5? Well, the roller coaster now at its peak, time for guidance has ended! What's left is to leave the story to whatever my body could come up with. Since I'm writing it so that you want to watch the next episode, if you don't quit it by episode 3, and able to watch it until episode 6, I believe you'll be able to enjoy it until the end."

Is this true?
Looks like it...

Old 2011-02-09, 12:19   Link #1365
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ ahahahaha.

Urobuchi.

Rollar coaster speed death.

Everyone dies.

Edited: Adding this for fun.

I'm not sure whether Urobuchi's lying or Magazine is lying. But you know which is more likely.

Last edited by applejuice; 2011-02-09 at 12:41.
applejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 13:05   Link #1366
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

I don't mean to interrupt the discussion but which subs are you guys generally pulling. I heard that there were indeed cut and uncut fansub versions out there. ie. blood when mami got decapitated. I've been pulling gg files out of sheer laziness so :/

Which fansub group have the best source and best translations? GG, Yesy, Nutbladder, Chihiro etc?
Syan48306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 13:08   Link #1367
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
^ ahahahaha.

Urobuchi.

Rollar coaster speed death.

Everyone dies.

Edited: Adding this for fun.

I'm not sure whether Urobuchi's lying or Magazine is lying. But you know which is more likely.
I could recognize the kanjis for "eye", "two persons", not too sure after the "mae ni"
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 13:09   Link #1368
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Chihiro is pretty bad and it seems more intentional than the stuff gg usually pulls.
Old 2011-02-09, 13:12   Link #1369
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichijo View Post
What's left is to leave the story to whatever my body could come up with. Since I'm writing it so that you want to watch the next episode, if you don't quit it by episode 3, and able to watch it until episode 6, I believe you'll be able to enjoy it until the end."
Why do I get the feeling that when episode 6 ends I'll think "man,poor Sayaka,she'd be better off dead like some people thought she'd be"
Old 2011-02-09, 13:16   Link #1370
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I could recognize the kanjis for "eye", "two persons", not too sure after the "mae ni"
That part isn't necessary. What important is the next part. It is using expression of; 'Thing that was once Mami but eaten by witch'. This directly contradicts with the conti Urobuchi showed which he said the thing fell after the explosion was just witches' part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post
I don't mean to interrupt the discussion but which subs are you guys generally pulling. I heard that there were indeed cut and uncut fansub versions out there. ie. blood when mami got decapitated.
I've never heard any uncut scene for decapitation part.
Old 2011-02-09, 13:21   Link #1371
Kazu-kun

Quote:
That part isn't necessary. What important is the next part. It is using expression of; 'Thing that was once Mami but eaten by witch'. This directly contradicts with the conti Urobuchi showed which he said the thing fell after the explosion was just witches' part.
He's such a troll!!!!
Old 2011-02-09, 13:22   Link #1372
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

Quote:
I've never heard any uncut scene for decapitation part.
There is supposedly blood spurting in the decapitation scene with a pool of blood forming on the floor. Hence I'm asking if anyone's seen the uncut version.
Old 2011-02-09, 13:33   Link #1373
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
There is supposedly blood spurting in the decapitation scene with a pool of blood forming on the floor. Hence I'm asking if anyone's seen the uncut version.
Is that even from a reliable source? Because if there was uncut scene, I would've known it immediately... >_> Currently, MBS version is the most uncensored source, and there was nothing like that.
Old 2011-02-09, 14:02   Link #1374
M.Marangio

The homepage was updated today:
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 14:06   Link #1375
Kazu-kun

Witch card updated

http://www.madoka-magica.com/special/dic/card10.html
http://www.madoka-magica.com/special/dic/card11.html

Translations
http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Albertine

Some analysis from /a/'s anon:

Quote:
So Anja doesn't actually kill people, but just turns them into balls for a while?

Balls that bounce equal to the number of lies a person has told in their life.

Her parent Witch represents ignorance, which can be linked pretty soundly to Sayaka's understanding of the magic world right now. Gertrud and Charlotte, who are Distrust and Tenacity, respectively, can also be linked to the tone/plot of their respective episodes, as well.

Grief seeds absorb the darkness from a magical girl's soul gem.

Maybe Witches aren't actually evil, but an existence which purges people of their negative emotions (bad karma) by punishing them, which sometimes results in death?
Old 2011-02-09, 14:14   Link #1376
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Same thing with Kirsten and her nature of longing.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 14:34   Link #1377
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Maybe Witches aren't actually evil, but an existence which purges people of their negative emotions (bad karma) by punishing them, which sometimes results in death?
I'll take that as +1 QB evil-theory.
Old 2011-02-09, 14:47   Link #1378
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

Quote:
Is that even from a reliable source? Because if there was uncut scene, I would've known it immediately... >_> Currently, MBS version is the most uncensored source, and there was nothing like that.
I honestly don't know. However, my original question still stands. Which fansub uses the MBS version and which subs are the best?
Old 2011-02-09, 14:56   Link #1379
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I honestly don't know. However, my original question still stands. Which fansub uses the MBS version and which subs are the best?
Yesy. I believe that apply to both questions.
Old 2011-02-09, 15:07   Link #1380
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
.... all fansub uses MBS broadcast, since it's the one that comes out first. In case of sub, if you like morning rescue popping out of nowhere, GG will be yours. I personally just use Nutbladder and download Yesy's version later.

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen