AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-11-18, 11:40   Link #16281
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
For some reason the UD fever's pretty hot all of a sudden.I'm affected too. >_>
Invasion of the UD's anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Fate's male? D;
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Spamming spells for extended periods of time beyond the first cast which would be continual pull of mana from the LC. Like a device continually spewing fire for 5mins for example.
Yeah, thats what I had in mind too. Looking at hayate for example, despite her being specialized in nukes and her huge mana pool, spaming Hraesvelgr was very taxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Oh my bad. Any examples of elemental spells being chanted then?
Fate did so in the manga, and if I recall once in the anime too. Chrono's Eternal Coffin in A's, Hayate's mistelstein, which is a petrification spell, and her Atem des Eises, which is an ice spell.

Its also worthy to note that Unision Devices apparently aren't limited by this. Rein cast an ice spell to capture Lutecia -without ritual-, and also aided Signum by charging her sword with fire. Agito used both flame and wind magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Her background's still very messy now for a supposedly normal human. Which makes me all the more to dump it in favor of making a UD to explain the seemingly longevity and ageless effect. >_>
Thought as much.
Keroko is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 12:12   Link #16282
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Invasion of the UD's anyone?
A few choice comments on Rein started it for me.

Quote:
Yeah, thats what I had in mind too. Looking at hayate for example, despite her being specialized in nukes and her huge mana pool, spaming Hraesvelgr was very taxing.
Considering the output of each wave, no doubt lesser mages would have collapsed earlier, much less continued until possibly the 10th wave and still have juice for Diabolic Emission later like Hayate did.

Quote:
Fate did so in the manga, and if I recall once in the anime too. Chrono's Eternal Coffin in A's, Hayate's mistelstein, which is a petrification spell, and her Atem des Eises, which is an ice spell.

Its also worthy to note that Unision Devices apparently aren't limited by this. Rein cast an ice spell to capture Lutecia -without ritual-, and also aided Signum by charging her sword with fire. Agito used both flame and wind magic.
I was thinking it has more to do with her style rather than elemental in Hayate's case. Rein helping Signum with her sword could be explained as Signum's own ability, just that Rein managed to boost it to a higher level of control than normal. Agito is a fine example though.

And that's another tempting bait to take up the UD offer since UDs have that excuse of dual elements.
__________________


"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 12:17   Link #16283
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
What he dosen't even prescribe large doses of tranquillizers? he sucks!
Phanan: Tranquillizers don't taste as good. If your head hurts when you wake up, grab the next bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
The first series is really just an intro nothing important happens until the second and in that one Jinto dosen't really come off as wussy to me at all.
That might encourage me to watch again. Really, the first episode added a crapload of completely unecisary stuff. The entire first episode was 'poor Jinto' this and 'poor Jinto' that. Hell, even the goodbye from his friend was not nearly as dramatic in the manga, it was actually a happy goodbye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Acutally I maybe didn’t say it quite right really because I’m getting really tired anyway it was sorta complicated but apparently their homeworld (which was alive more stupidity). “stripped” them of the force… so they genuinely couldn’t feel and so didn’t believe in it at all and where sort of like “blanks” almost like a 40k Pariah. Now how exactly this “stripping” would make them immune to other people tossing them around like rag dolls… well it just dose for some reason.
..... All that money I wasted on those lame books.... *sulks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
*Pauses from pummeling unprotected infantry with 105mm howitzer and Looks at PF funny for a few seconds*

[Coldly]There's no such thing as overkill.[/Coldly]
*momentarilly stops trying to cause a nuclear winter on a last remaining group of infantry*

over-what now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
She could just blast it before gets above her or even freeze everything around her to make an "ice damn".
Why not freeze the water while she's at it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
-They are villains... they are allowed, right?

<--- is trapped in a room with no idea
To a limit, Saint, to a limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
[thinks]
Rin: Keroko-senpai!! *waves*
[/thinks]

Hm...
More minions for Keroko... I mean fans, yeah, fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
I was thinking it has more to do with her style rather than elemental in Hayate's case.
I don't see why it should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
And that's another tempting bait to take up the UD offer since UDs have that excuse of dual elements.
No kidding.

Last edited by Keroko; 2007-11-18 at 13:51.
Keroko is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 12:26   Link #16284
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Outer Cadia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
For some reason the UD fever's pretty hot all of a sudden.I'm affected too. >_>
I didn't expect my discussion with Lowe about A.I appearance to spark off something like this. I'm almost regretting that I wrote that Yui got a physical frame and unleashing this insanity, this madness...
tshouryuu is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 12:29   Link #16285
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
I didn't expect my discussion with Lowe about A.I appearance to spark off something like this. I'm almost regretting that I wrote that Yui got a physical frame and unleashing this insanity, this madness...
Pfff, UD fever was running waaay before you started that.
Keroko is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 12:32   Link #16286
Satty
Slash!
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Oxnard, CA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Tk writing rabu-rabu?

I can accept that... provided this happens first:

A tennis ball taking out the world, huh? One hell of a forehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Then allow me to give you a quick ballistics lesson.

Spoiler for Caliber Lesson One.:
Noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Here's the next installation. Still can't find a decent name for it. Maybe I'll call it infestation or something. I suck at names.
Spoiler for Chapter 2 - The investigators:
C.C please.
How did Jack get there? Anyway, nice chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
It dose have pretty high requirements I can only run it okay with details at medium, but it's still awfully purrty even at that level and it has Far Cry good old crazy draw distances too, sniping guys from atop a jungle hill form 1 kilometer away just dose not get old, plus now you have full on super powers to boot.


Also though not shown here you can also cloak, and further about half of that is in game footage too which should give you some idea of the crazy ass graphic in this thing.
Crysis...it's fun cloaking around and grabbing those poor guys, only to throw them to their deaths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
After seeing the , i decided to do a snap update on one of my main OCs here.

Spoiler for Ashton Marten McDouglas: 50% complete:


===

just a snap question:

do you call a villain that has:

- Millennia of planning
- Access to/ use of technologies unheard/deemed implausible/impossible of in the Bureau
- 'Countless' numbers and types of minions.
- Ultra-Loyal subjects- yes with no hint of swaying loyalty ever.
- Said subjects powerful on their own (matter/'time' manipulation, etc).
- Has incalculable powers, weapons and techniques- so powerful that even the CCs and most of the OCs have a hard time dealing with just his subjects.
- A burning desire to Transcend Space and Time (whatever that means).
- A burning desire for total destruction just to retrieve items that are the keys to the above desire.

Haxx?
===

And Speaking of Mai Enna...

could this be...

Spoiler for A Relative?:


*runs from chainsaw*
Nice update, and yes, that is H4XX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
AAS girly coming up!
So who ever is interested, here's Rinyas profile!


Thanks goes to PhoenixFlare for helping me with the gramma!


Spoiler for Rinya Shuri A’Kalash:
Nice character and the pictures are awesome. *thumbs up*
Satty is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 14:07   Link #16287
FieryAeon
Sleepy head
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KL, Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Creative!
Running low on creative juice lately. Besides I've always preferred to keep things simple.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
As a defense specialist, whose strongest attack ranks at B+, it's all right.
What? I'm confused here. Who's attack ranks at B+?


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
You just want to see Rein being the second Shaolin master.
Are you nuts? Who would wanna subject Rein to the agony of being a nun in a mountain full of senile of men?


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
It is!

Vestrell: Isn't it, goshujin-sama?
-_-' I'm starting to understand how S&W feel about Mai constantly chasing them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
This is rain compared to Chapter Four's downpour.
Rain huh? Rains can still cause flash floods.


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
It occurs somewhere when Vivio was discovered, Vita and Rein were fighting against Lutecia, Garyuu, and Agito.
Yeah I checked. Speaking of that episode...

Lutecia: You pass.
Erio:


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
That's fast? You've not seen anything yet.
You cheese generator. -_-'


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Oh dear, Sharazad dear, you just got shafted.
Sharazad: *cries at the corner*
Moment of weakness? Time to eat!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Now, excuse me, I'm going to go into Hypertyping Mode again.
I take what I said earlier back. You bluecheese factory. -_-'


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post


*imagines PhoenixFlare chanting*

I am the key of my board.
Text is my body, and Word is my blood.
I have created over a thousand paragraphs.
Unknown to backlog.
Nor known to crack.
Have withstood pain to create many stories.
Yet, those hands will never publish anything.
So as I type,
"Unlimited Type Works"


Somehow this feels so right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
And there lies my biggest headache, making a pure-bred human live that long.
Good luck with that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
It's your call but the idea is plausible at least.
Well I could probably make her cast a limited number of spells from another element with the use of chants/arias and a device aligned to that element. *ponders*


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Or the elemental spells aren't that powerful compared to those cast by those aligned with it. I can think of at least one OC who has no element affinity and can still cast those, albeit being less effective IIRC. As for the case of picking up one, it is viable without taking too long. Chrono was just 14 when he first demonstrated such skill. Still thinking of other ways to get around the problem.
One must also consider than Chrono was already AAA+ rank then, which probably contributed to it somehow.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Nice expression there Erio.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Just about all her spells are lightning, if Plama Lancer and the various shifts are counted as lightning as well.
Indeed, one would think that Plasma Smasher and some are non-elemental but when you look at it properly all her spells are lightning elemental. Though maybe haken saber isn't, not too sure.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Hmm....Mana Conversion Affinity IS the natural one, the other probable method is through a spell where one has to intentionally convert mana into the needed element.
Which needs some kind of catalyst to make it happen.


No problem


Well, it seems like it, Erio in the manga, before being found by Fate, used to do it all the time.
One can do it on will, as mentoned here...
Spoiler for MCA:

I guess this backs up the previous statement I wrote that you CAN used more elements, but you'd have to focus more than with the element you have affinity with.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Ooooh, I see...interesting

That explains this...
Spoiler for White Ren:

Not sure. The Nanaya Shiki persona and White Ren only appear in some scenarios. Especially for Nanaya, who actually is kinda like the split personality dormant within Tohno Shiki, due to the conditioning of the demon hunting/killing instinct in the Nanaya clan member's blood.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
You could cheat and attach your 7th fonist to the Saint Chruch as she practices a obscure form of sound base magics. I remember someone doing a sound base device also but I forgot who... Kaylin I think. There was abit of discussion on this but you have to go dig it up I'm afraid.
I actually thought of that too, since she is like a white mage with offensive capabilities. (Holy Lance RAWRRRR!!! Judgment!!! *cough*)

But I'm not sure if Lyrical Magic fits the concept of Fonic Artes. Although I do note that Jade doesn't need any actual singing when casting Fonic Artes, just a lot of chants/arias.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yup, Kay is a Sonic Magic user, basically her magic specialty is sound

And I even have an entire Magic System based around sound and music (The Lyrical Magic System).
How exactly does it works?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Like I said, it was mentioned in the Eternal Coffin translation...


It is heavily implied that temperature manipulation and Mana Conversion can be leaned
Yay!!! Canon loves me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Like shooting Hayate with water and watching as her clothes stick to her... contours, knocking her out through excessive embarrasment

*runs*
Even though I feel like strangling you for suggesting that (as a Hayate-fan), I somehow approve of this scene!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Progress Report
Chapter Five
Status: ~60%
Word Count: 6000
Bluecheese Indicator: Green
ETA: I actually want to release it tonight if possible. Bleh, see how things go first, then.
The factory continues to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Oh lord not this again...


Will read the new stuff later. Time to sleep, early for once (early for me that is ).
__________________
FieryAeon is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 14:13   Link #16288
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sky of stone, floor of flame.
Age: 34
Too damn much backlog for now.

The hell do you guys manage to keep up? And does everyone live on the other side of the world from me??? I wake up to six pages of backlog, and maybe go through two during the day. Not that it's a big thing, but...

And does anyone mind doing a Shop for me? If not that's no problem, but I can't use it myself.
__________________
In my hands, a sun, that my path may be lit.
At my back, the sky, so I may be free to soar.
In my eyes, hell, for it is my cradle and grave.
LimitedEternal is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 15:48   Link #16289
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tokyo 3, Japan
Age: 35
Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Holy BLUECHESSIUM!!!


Sunday is very busy today

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Good thing, since both have had similar experiences, Aurion even more so
Ah, I see. If you want to write up a piece or something, I wouldn't mind . It's just I'm STILL getting a feel for all these OCs. There's just soo many .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yui both in name and appearance

Shinji: Mother?!?!
Kay: Yare yare...

Ah, the great Yui Ikari. Just...don't make her made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Puuh, done!

AAS girly coming up!
So who ever is interested, here's Rinyas profile!


Thanks goes to PhoenixFlare for helping me with the gramma!


Spoiler for Rinya Shuri A’Kalash:
Ah, very nice profile and character
She should meet Shamsel sometime. They might get along...as long as the past doesn't come up...
And AWESOME DRAWINGS. I so...SOOOO envy you .

And on that little note, I need a little help to make a slight modification to a pic of Shamsel's 'berserker' form. Anyone with l33t Photoshop skillz can help me out?
Evangelion Xgouki is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 16:26   Link #16290
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Here's Part 7 of my ficlet, A visit to RF6, weighing in at 5.2k words. If you missed any of the previous parts, links can be found at my master index.

Spoiler for A visit to RF6 Part 7: Strikers v Aces:


Just one more part to go now. It shouldn't take too long as well since there won't be any actions scenes to painstakingly construct.

Thoughts please, if you have any, even if just to say that is sucked and you have to learn to write
Pretty nice, even if I don't have a clue what's going on. I must read the first parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
AAS girly coming up!
So who ever is interested, here's Rinyas profile!


Thanks goes to PhoenixFlare for helping me with the gramma!


Spoiler for Rinya Shuri A’Kalash:
Hmm... I think Emili would like her >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
A recent Sound Stage IIRC.
So then why can Agito and Signum apparently Unison well? Or could that be attributed to Signum herself also being a computer program (or... was)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Exactly. I mean, just why the hell would fate become immume to lightning type spells just because she can cast them more easilly?
Lightning-resistant is not Lightning-immune.
__________________
Kagerou - Generic Universal Rage Producing System
Kagerou is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 19:26   Link #16291
Aaron008R
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philippines
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Pride as a professional scientist, sorry
It's alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yup, and he has a wide variety of prothetics to boot. His entire left arm, for example. As for his face.... well a picture says more then a thousand words:



Although it seems that Belka healing magic does have some effect, hence why he spends time with Shamal every once in a while.
I see the connection now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Heh, don't worry, there won't be so much as "magic damage" when Hayate attacks. What she can do is just refrain from using those nukes on Sharazad. That said, bombardments can still be handled somewhat, though only by the Trystahn.
Well... She could like freeze Sharazad with the ice-capture spell shown in the manga...

Quote:


Circumstances that are difficult to deal with.
How about adding more elements to be used in your plans?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Phew, all done
Thanks to TK for his intial read over of it, and to Keroko for letting me borrow tesla and Keroko-chan

Here's Part 7 of my ficlet, A visit to RF6, weighing in at 5.2k words. If you missed any of the previous parts, links can be found at my master index.

Spoiler for A visit to RF6 Part 7: Strikers v Aces:


Just one more part to go now. It shouldn't take too long as well since there won't be any actions scenes to painstakingly construct.

Thoughts please, if you have any, even if just to say that is sucked and you have to learn to write
NAISU! That's what you call tactics! The best part was Nanoha's capture!

My only gripe is the seemingly lamentable lack of suitable tactics for the Aces' side. Considering Tesla and Fate (who knows about Myristic and the others) are with them. They should have been more prepared and organized; not just going solo or by two's.

Anyway, it was very good! Fate seemed to be the one who got hurt the most...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
It's your own damn fault for writing it.
Fine... >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Puuh, done!

AAS girly coming up!
So who ever is interested, here's Rinyas profile!


Thanks goes to PhoenixFlare for helping me with the gramma!


Spoiler for Rinya Shuri A’Kalash:
Ooh, NICE!!! This is what I call a complete profile! (w/ good pictures included)
Good work! I envy your drawings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Not to mention, for perfect compatibility, it seems the user needs to donate part of her Linker Core to the UD.
Wasn't it more like Rein being split off from Hayate's own Linker Core? So everything Rein has came from Hayate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
So do I, but for me its a tad more complicated. Its impossible for Keroko to even unision to begin with, concidering the state of her Linker Core. It would completely destroy any UD trying to Unision with her.

That leaves Tesla...

Who is Belkan...

Ancient Belkan at that...

...

...

GAH! Windows! Windows! Must open windows!

A Unison Device for Tesla, eh?
What'll her name be? Vectra?

Quote:
You mean when she was Unisioned with Reinforce I, being pretty much über in every aspect? Sure, she already has Schwertkruez, because Reinforce I gave it to her. It was lost when Reinforce kicked the bucket, and the fragment that fell into Hayate's hand became Schwertkruez.
Pretty ironic that Hayate was more powerful when she was 9 compared to how she is now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
The truth hurts she'd probably have a better chance of taking Hayate with her fists IMO.


Quote:
Acutally the the fact she'll probably be burned to ashes by long range bombardment spells might be a bigger problem.
PF is then going to use the 'Softie Hayate' card...

Quote:
We need to get this girl some killing intent...
Nah. Just 'Befriending' intent would do.

Quote:
She could just blast it before gets above her or even freeze everything around her to make an "ice damn".
Like I said in an earlier post.

Quote:
Just killing the person controlling it would be quicker and easy since she'd be focused on controlling the water.

Sharazad:
Haha I'm sending a tidal wave toward that orphanage now what will you do!
Hayate: Well since you're using all your power to direct said wave and have none to spare for defense I was thinking this. *magic circles appeared all around her*
Sharazad: Oh shi--
*Hræsvelgr >>>>>>>>>>'s Sharazad and the wave dies away*
'Softie Hayate'...
But then, what's stopping Hayate from casting 'Ice Prison'?

Quote:
No listen well, you're weak and useless why don't you just give up now and save yourself some pain you glorified super soaker.
<watches as Sharazad flinches consecutively to each of Tk's statements and breaks down even more>

Oh dear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
They are villains... they are allowed, right?

<--- is trapped in a room with no idea
Saint Xverse? Why not? It's your long-running legacy of crossover fics, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
And that's another tempting bait to take up the UD offer since UDs have that excuse of dual elements.
I'm glad I finally got over my temptation to make a Unison Device for Grandis...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
So then why can Agito and Signum apparently Unison well? Or could that be attributed to Signum herself also being a computer program (or... was)
Elemental compatibility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Like shooting Hayate with water and watching as her clothes stick to her... contours, knocking her out through excessive embarrasment

*runs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Even though I feel like strangling you for suggesting that (as a Hayate-fan), I somehow approve of this scene!!!
*Aaron008R bashes LoweGear and FieryAeon with Sophia's Metal Harisen MK-III*



In any case, I completely fail to see how that would work.
Her minidress is pretty much figure-hugging already. Her legs are bare in her Knight Armor. The only thing that would soak and stick is her jacket. And her fainting from embarrassment due to her jacket contouring to her shoulders does not compute.

Now... Let's see if this makes some imaginations run wild for me to bash into place.
<Hayate blushes furiously behind me>


Tk: Hypocrite.

__________________

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 20:21   Link #16292
Liingo
Love Hina?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kangaroos live in my backyard =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Am I allowed to swear?

That was fucking great!
Why thank you
Quote:
Thank you... Yes, all my pics are handmade xD

And what do you mean "an OC that for once isn't from earth"?
All my OCs are not from earth!
Awesome, another shopper in our midst
More minions people to ask for shop work

Just a pet peev of mine, as recently we've had a wave of mages from Earth appearing all of a sudden, when there hundreds of worlds that can be used in the TSAB proper.
Quote:
You think?
Hm... maybe I think about some more spells...
But I thought as a melee fighter she won't need much spells.
You can always think of those as you go along. I've got a a whole squad of mellee
characters and I haven't really gone into any mellee spells for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
*Pauses from pummeling unprotected infantry with 105mm howitzer and Looks at PF funny for a few seconds*

[Coldly]There's no such thing as overkill.[/Coldly]
+Since all we've seen from Hayate have been Large Aoe's so it's always going to be a lot of power in the attack, regardless of numbers. Although I'd say there's a bunch of people trying to rectify that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Oh, thats pretty much a given. Now I'm turning on the fan to blow away the crack of giving Tesla a UD a-la Signum and Agito.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Invasion of the UD's anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Pfff, UD fever was running waaay before you started that.
Yare, yare...
*sirens go off*
The public haxxbusters have fallen to enemy attack. All available personnel, report for duty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Rain huh? Rains can still cause flash floods.

Will read the new stuff later. Time to sleep, early for once (early for me that is ).
Lol... next thing we'll know that PF has underestimated his word count again and he'll dump a 10k+ short on us... Not that I mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Too damn much backlog for now.

The hell do you guys manage to keep up? And does everyone live on the other side of the world from me??? I wake up to six pages of backlog, and maybe go through two during the day. Not that it's a big thing, but...
Well I know that a lot of us live around the SE Asia region, which would account for big chunks of the backlog... although I usually go to sleep and wake up to find another page worth of posts to go over, so it's not like we all live here.

How do we keep up... Not sure about the other's, but learning to skip over the posts that aren't releveant to you is one of my methods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
Pretty nice, even if I don't have a clue what's going on. I must read the first parts.
Thanks for the comments. It's not that bad really, just a training exercise between Fate, Nanoha, Signum, Keroko, Tesla, Zafira and Shamal agaisnt 4 of my OC's Myristic, Meia, David and Juliet, all of whom are unlimmitted...

Links to the earlier parts are here for when you have the time to read them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
NAISU! That's what you call tactics! The best part was Nanoha's capture!

My only gripe is the seemingly lamentable lack of suitable tactics for the Aces' side. Considering Tesla and Fate (who knows about Myristic and the others) are with them. They should have been more prepared and organized; not just going solo or by two's.

Anyway, it was very good! Fate seemed to be the one who got hurt the most...
While Fate does know them the best, it's been a while since they've last been in a battle together. Around 8 years by my count. They may have been in contact due to the Weavers association with the Harlaown family(Chrono), but 8 years is along time to polish their team work together.

You have to remember that I was pitting a team of 4 fighters who have been involved in numerous situations together for the last 10 years, up agaisnt a team that while know each others strenghts inside and out, don't really fight together (shown in canon with the 1v1 battles).

The combo attack of the 3 knights at the beginning was successful, but they wern't prepared for the card that my OC's hold up their sleeve, the ability to launch attacks through their own shields. Getting hit point blank by what's essentially a S1 Divine buster isn't exactly the most common ways of getting countered.

Not just Fate... everyone's coming out of this heavily battered, some less than others of course. She did take a nasty hit, but the others also took equally nasty hits.

There's been no cries of haxx yet. Obviously I must be doing something right *runs*
Liingo is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 20:24   Link #16293
Erio
Hiromi
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Girl who Lost her Tears
Damn, I wasnt able to do much reading this weekend.


BTW, Phoenix, I know how to make Sharazad's water controlling abilities lethal...

If she can manipulate water at will, you could make it so that she could manipulate the water molecules inside human bodies...... she would be unstoppable...

Disclaimer: This was done in a very old anime, Tokyo Underground. Not my idea.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Taking a leaf out of Keroko-kun's book. IMAGE RETRIEVED!
Spoiler for burned!:

Those are definitely burn marks.
Well, I was not denying the burn thing...just saying that the manga has way more detail.

And I dont have this chapter! Could you tell me where I can get the latest chapters, please? I think I only have up till 5 translated.

Quote:
"The series will be adapted into an upcoming anime movie divided into 7 chapters, set to be animated by ufotable. The first chapter will be released in December 2007 at Theatres Shinjuku."

Whether it will be fansubbed or not, is the issue here.
Yeah, movies are often not fansubbed...

Quote:
Heh, even the 2 I posted got buried in backlog, and I even asked if anyone could help me shop his eyes to black. Shiki's eyes has a tendency to turn blue when the Nanaya personality emerges.
You asked? I may have missed it then... I can help you shop his eyes if recoloring is all you need. Post it again.

Quote:
Checked moonlit world and it says,

Spoiler for Ren:


White-Ren to Ren is as Dark Koji is to Koji.
Very nice information! Thanks. I may be able to use some of this, though I wasnt intending for her to be a familiar.

Quote:
On hold actually. First I need to finish up the one I'm doing, and I've gotta see how this dual/multiple elemental usage discussion goes. Then next I'm scratching my head thinking how I'm going to implement Tear's Fonic Artes into Nanohaverse.
Haha, I'll be waiting for that implementation.

Quote:
Must be getting it from SpongeBob.
Poor guy, being called SpongeBob.

Quote:
I think its instantaneously. In manga chapter 9 we see Erio's magic seemingly uncontrolled and cackling around him, I doubt he had anyone to actually teach him so it must somehow come naturally to him.

Then there's Fate's various bombardment spells, which are mostly lightning elemental based, and she summons the spell almost instantaneously.
Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. Though at least Fate's regular spells are not entirely composed of electricity, even though they look like it; else, there wouldnt be a need for her to use Call Lightning (or whatever was that weather manipulation spell called) to defeat AMF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Well, it seems like it, Erio in the manga, before being found by Fate, used to do it all the time.
One can do it on will, as mentoned here...
Spoiler for MCA:

I guess this backs up the previous statement I wrote that you CAN used more elements, but you'd have to focus more than with the element you have affinity with.
Yeah. You would need to concentrate more, and probably waste more mana in the process, but still be able to do it.

Quote:
Ooooh, I see...interesting

That explains this...
Spoiler for White Ren:

I didnt have this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I don't see why the hell not, just because she's able to throw around lightning doesn't mean she's immume to it.
Haha, wait, you misunderstood. I am not denying that lightning can do that--in fact, it SHOULD, that's why since the anime has never shown such details, you would go "USO DA!" when you see the manga bringing those details up.

Quote:
Normal conversion tends to be long drawn out ritual spells like this one:

Spoiler for IS: Silver Retriever:


So the abillity to do those things only by concentrating will be one hell of an advantage in both time, efficiency and ellement of surprise. Logically speed would depend on the strength of the spell. The more powerfull the spell, the more mana that needs conversion after all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Puuh, done!

AAS girly coming up!
So who ever is interested, here's Rinyas profile!


Thanks goes to PhoenixFlare for helping me with the gramma!


Spoiler for Rinya Shuri A’Kalash:
Nice.

And again, the drawings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Too damn much backlog for now.

The hell do you guys manage to keep up? And does everyone live on the other side of the world from me??? I wake up to six pages of backlog, and maybe go through two during the day. Not that it's a big thing, but...

And does anyone mind doing a Shop for me? If not that's no problem, but I can't use it myself.
Depends on what kind of shop. If its something as simple as recoloring, I may be able to help... else, might have to wait for Keroko or Lowe.


I'll be trying to read some stuff tonight.
Erio is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 20:43   Link #16294
Liingo
Love Hina?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kangaroos live in my backyard =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Damn, I wasnt able to do much reading this weekend.

BTW, Phoenix, I know how to make Sharazad's water controlling abilities lethal...

If she can manipulate water at will, you could make it so that she could manipulate the water molecules inside human bodies...... she would be unstoppable...

Disclaimer: This was done in a very old anime, Tokyo Underground. Not my idea.
While it's a great idea... It's on the super haxx side of things.... So a massive vote down from me..
Quote:
Well, I was not denying the burn thing...just saying that the manga has way more detail.

And I dont have this chapter! Could you tell me where I can get the latest chapters, please? I think I only have up till 5 translated.

I'll be trying to read some stuff tonight.
You can look for links in the manga thread or wait a little while I upload the new chapters for you.
ETA 11:20 gmt+8,DST.

Read my stuff
Liingo is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 21:05   Link #16295
Erio
Hiromi
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Girl who Lost her Tears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
While it's a great idea... It's on the super haxx side of things.... So a massive vote down from me..
LOL Yup its massive h4xx. There were so many inconsistencies in that anime thanks to those ideas... I think the producers did not know what to do with such ability after they introduced it. If I recall correctly, the guy used it once and won the battle, but then he didnt even try again later...which was weird to me.

Quote:
You can look for links in the manga thread or wait a little while I upload the new chapters for you.
ETA 11:20 gmt+8,DST.

Read my stuff
Thanks a lot Liingo!

And yup, its on queue. I may not be able to read it until tomorrow, though, unless this NFL game starts to suck...
Erio is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 21:20   Link #16296
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
A little random something I typed up to practice my skills, yet relevant to the OFM. Tell me what you guys think, please!

Spoiler for One-shot... sorta.:
__________________
Kagerou - Generic Universal Rage Producing System
Kagerou is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 21:22   Link #16297
Liingo
Love Hina?
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kangaroos live in my backyard =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
LOL Yup its massive h4xx. There were so many inconsistencies in that anime thanks to those ideas... I think the producers did not know what to do with such ability after they introduced it. If I recall correctly, the guy used it once and won the battle, but then he didnt even try again later...which was weird to me.

Thanks a lot Liingo!

And yup, its on queue. I may not be able to read it until tomorrow, though, unless this NFL game starts to suck...
Probably a good thing... Otherwise all the battles would have been 5 second affairs...


Chapter 6

Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9


That's up to the latest translated chapter. Enjoy

@ Kagerou
A lieutenant? A bit low in the grand scheme of things. Not much that you would be able to do in terms of illegal activites since you wouldn't really have the authority over the things that mattered...

And, ummm, was their any reason for him to go through the building's interior instead of just going in straight through the window to begin with? Less chance of getting caught on surveillance that way. Less guards to deal with.

The use of the conventional weapons are going to raise a lot of questions, seeing that this is a TSAB admin world. There goes your black status.

The dialogue/story elements are fine, but just things to look at.

Last edited by Liingo; 2007-11-18 at 21:36.
Liingo is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 21:23   Link #16298
FieryAeon
Sleepy head
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: KL, Malaysia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I'm glad I finally got over my temptation to make a Unison Device for Grandis...
More than a UD, I was tempted to make a familiar a few days back. Since Ren is suppose to be Shiki's familiar in Kagetsu Tohya, but oh well you beat me to it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Elemental compatibility?
I have a feeling its more than just the elemental compatibility.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
*Aaron008R bashes LoweGear and FieryAeon with Sophia's Metal Harisen MK-III*



In any case, I completely fail to see how that would work.
Her minidress is pretty much figure-hugging already. Her legs are bare in her Knight Armor. The only thing that would soak and stick is her jacket. And her fainting from embarrassment due to her jacket contouring to her shoulders does not compute.

Now... Let's see if this makes some imaginations run wild for me to bash into place.
<Hayate blushes furiously behind me>


Tk: Hypocrite.
Admit it Aaron, our poor Hayate deserves some hawt scenes for good and love! *runs*




Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Just a pet peev of mine, as recently we've had a wave of mages from Earth appearing all of a sudden, when there hundreds of worlds that can be used in the TSAB proper.
I'm guilty of having one.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Lol... next thing we'll know that PF has underestimated his word count again and he'll dump a 10k+ short on us... Not that I mind.
I don't mind too, I'm just envious of how he can write so well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Well I know that a lot of us live around the SE Asia region, which would account for big chunks of the backlog... although I usually go to sleep and wake up to find another page worth of posts to go over, so it's not like we all live here.

How do we keep up... Not sure about the other's, but learning to skip over the posts that aren't releveant to you is one of my methods.
I mostly don't sleep long hours, so I'm often on hand to deal with backlogs. Otherwise I do what Liingo mentioned, don't read everything unless you absolutely have to.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Thanks for the comments. It's not that bad really, just a training exercise between Fate, Nanoha, Signum, Keroko, Tesla, Zafira and Shamal agaisnt 4 of my OC's Myristic, Meia, David and Juliet, all of whom are unlimmitted...
I forgot what happened in the previous chapters, but is the limiter release only for the Weavers? Because even though tactics and all is good and important, I just find it hard to swallow that they managed to beat a bunch of S class mages that (relatively) easily.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
While Fate does know them the best, it's been a while since they've last been in a battle together. Around 8 years by my count. They may have been in contact due to the Weavers association with the Harlaown family(Chrono), but 8 years is along time to polish their team work together.

You have to remember that I was pitting a team of 4 fighters who have been involved in numerous situations together for the last 10 years, up agaisnt a team that while know each others strenghts inside and out, don't really fight together (shown in canon with the 1v1 battles).

The combo attack of the 3 knights at the beginning was successful, but they wern't prepared for the card that my OC's hold up their sleeve, the ability to launch attacks through their own shields. Getting hit point blank by what's essentially a S1 Divine buster isn't exactly the most common ways of getting countered.

Not just Fate... everyone's coming out of this heavily battered, some less than others of course. She did take a nasty hit, but the others also took equally nasty hits.

There's been no cries of haxx yet. Obviously I must be doing something right *runs*
I won't say its haxx, but I expected more than one Weaver going down. Still it was a good read, though I have the same opinion as someone did. The first person view kinda limited the scope and perspective of the battle a bit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
BTW, Phoenix, I know how to make Sharazad's water controlling abilities lethal...

If she can manipulate water at will, you could make it so that she could manipulate the water molecules inside human bodies...... she would be unstoppable...

Disclaimer: This was done in a very old anime, Tokyo Underground. Not my idea.
That sounds quite haxxed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Well, I was not denying the burn thing...just saying that the manga has way more detail.

And I dont have this chapter! Could you tell me where I can get the latest chapters, please? I think I only have up till 5 translated.
That's weird. The manga thread should have all the chapters.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Yeah, movies are often not fansubbed...
I'm hoping they do this justice though, Kara no Kyoukai needs to be fansubbed for the greater good!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
You asked? I may have missed it then... I can help you shop his eyes if recoloring is all you need. Post it again.
Actually I was thinking of learning it myself, because when I thought about it I didn't really want to trouble anyone. Reason being because I thought that even the uniform should be shopped, since obviously the air force doesn't let their mages wear Japanese school uniform. But then I remembered that I planned him to be sort of unemployed at the official start of his story, post StrikerS.

In any case, having said all that. I'll need to hunt more images on him. >.<' Those 2 aren't clear enough somehow. Still would like it if you can help with this one, thanks a lot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Very nice information! Thanks. I may be able to use some of this, though I wasnt intending for her to be a familiar.
Well Itsuki can't slice lines of death or points of death either. Only the image is used really, how you create her is entirely up to you. That said, Ren is actually a powerful magus in Tsukihime universe so you might wanna keep that in mind.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Haha, I'll be waiting for that implementation.
Could take awhile though, or I might just change singing to singing arias.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Poor guy, being called SpongeBob.
Hey why pity the alter ego?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. Though at least Fate's regular spells are not entirely composed of electricity, even though they look like it; else, there wouldnt be a need for her to use Call Lightning (or whatever was that weather manipulation spell called) to defeat AMF.
I think the reason is that its weather manipulation. The lightning is formed in the atmosphere somehow, making it an actual lightning storm or something. Then it could be that chanting an aria even though she didn't really need to, increases the strenght of the spell? Just my thought.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Yeah. You would need to concentrate more, and probably waste more mana in the process, but still be able to do it.
And if its going to take long anyway, might as well make it a big spell.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
I didnt have this one!
Hehe...dere-dere-ness only appears in White Ren, because she's more expressive. Ren is like...Nagato Yuki.
__________________
FieryAeon is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 21:39   Link #16299
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Outer Cadia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
How did Jack get there? Anyway, nice chapter.
Same way as all the other victims. He got grabbed by one of Clio's summons as part of the second wave of missing people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
I actually thought of that too, since she is like a white mage with offensive capabilities. (Holy Lance RAWRRRR!!! Judgment!!! *cough*)

But I'm not sure if Lyrical Magic fits the concept of Fonic Artes. Although I do note that Jade doesn't need any actual singing when casting Fonic Artes, just a lot of chants/arias.
True, it does not fit the concept of fonic artes but I thought Tear sings Fonic hymns mostly. Just convert any fonic artes she has to fonic hymns. Ps, I want to see how you're going to pull of her mystic arts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
While it's a great idea... It's on the super haxx side of things.... So a massive vote down from me..

You can look for links in the manga thread or wait a little while I upload the new chapters for you.
ETA 11:20 gmt+8,DST.

Read my stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
LOL Yup its massive h4xx. There were so many inconsistencies in that anime thanks to those ideas... I think the producers did not know what to do with such ability after they introduced it. If I recall correctly, the guy used it once and won the battle, but then he didnt even try again later...which was weird to me.
It may be super H4XX, but its still a usable idea. Maybe Sharazad can only pull water molecules out of a person very slowly, at point blank range , using a great deal of power, causing a lot of pain to the victim. If left too long on the victim
then the spell starts getting lethal.

Out of curiosity, what happens if the opposite happens? Instead of water being pull out, this time water is being forced in? Does it actually do anything, besides forcing the victim to need to pee a lot?
tshouryuu is offline  
Old 2007-11-18, 21:45   Link #16300
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
@ Kagerou
A lieutenant? A bit low in the grand scheme of things. Not much that you would be able to do in terms of illegal activites since you wouldn't really have the authority over the things that mattered...
Fuck I meant Lieutenant-General >.< .

Quote:
And, ummm, was their any reason for him to go through the building's interior instead of just going in straight through the window to begin with? Less chance of getting caught on surveillance that way. Less guards to deal with.
This is why Glen is bitching that "he just jumped off the building." What the plan is and what Erick does usually turn out to be two different things, whether or not they're perfectly tactical or not. Erick, being hotblood, has to do things sometimes in a hotblood manner; this includes going through the front door when the plan was to break in through the window and pwn the guy on the spot.

As for surveillance, my plan was all along to have TSAB HQ erase that surveillance, but what was supposed to happen didn't exactly pan out the way I meant it too.

Quote:
The use of the conventional weapons are going to raise a lot of questions, seeing that this is a TSAB admin world. There goes your black status.
Haha that was an accidental plothole on my part >.< . Original draft had this occurring at 3 in the morning but I could not think of a logical reason why this would be going on at 3 in the morning.

Quote:
The dialogue/story elements are fine, but just things to look at.
*nodnod* I understand. I'm still rusty at writing, considering I haven't done anything remotely... resembling writing in months. Gotta get back into the swing of things . I'll probably revise and redo this when I get better.
__________________
Kagerou - Generic Universal Rage Producing System
Kagerou is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.