AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-08, 19:51   Link #18321
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Quite alot of those being animated lately and H2O seems to be a good title.
Well quite often its because the eroge version had a really good story. Though its also quite often that the anime version doesn't do its game counterpart much justice. *coughPrismcoughArk* But this time since I've never actually play the game I might be spared the sense of injustice that might come.

Quote:
That's another way to look at it.
Thats the overly positive way of seeing it. One must never forget that there always certain restrictions.

Quote:
You read the GetBackers now I see.
Well actually no, I'm still trying to find the manga. But I loaned the anime from PF so I more or less know a few things about it.

Quote:
I get vastly different vibes from spoilers.
Spoilers? Source nao!

Quote:
Watched episode 12 yesterday night, was pleased with the overall happy ending. Now that the roller coaster ride of ef (I just found out it meant ever forever, how slow of me ) I need more of the same kind!

Quote:
Isn't that the crest of the Black Knights instead of the V line?
Erm, nope. I definitely recall seeing it on C.C's forehead and also in the ruins where they hijacked the Gawain.

Quote:
Definitely, with lots of room and a long time period to work with to boot. With that said, I still am glad there was a StrikerS to begin with though clearly lots more could have been done better. Which always bring up the dilemma of exiting gracefully, or risking a new season in the end.
Well to be fair I'm normally not one to scream "omg it sucked too much please redo it lololol" like some of those random anime blog trolls. But I personally think StrikerS should have been a S4 or even S5 and a series with an earlier timeline should be made first.

It would probably have been better. Though perhaps a change in management internally in 7arcs and stuff prompted the lousy production for the TV version of StrikerS. Though that's probably a little too far-fetched and maybe 7arcs just decided that they didn't wanna spend too much money but just milk as much as they can through merchandising.

We'll never know.

Quote:
I was thinking of a finger-in-mouth scene.
Food tasting session perhaps?

Quote:
Well the threat will always be there. At the very worst it gets turn into an AU, which still isn't half bad.
Then again most of us have gone AU anyway.

Quote:
Not much for the females in that group. There are fewer mature women OCs around than males.
Which I find quite surprising. Though fact is just a few months ago it was the other way around.

Quote:
Or what lies on the other side of the coin.
The analogy is a little overused. Its like people saying they want to see what's on the other side of the moon really, and get disappointed when they find it has more 'scars' than the one we always get to see from Earth (through a telescope that is).

Quote:
It's pretty good for me but hands down favorite is her pilot suit. Elegance and functionality in one fitting package.
Well seeing her in casuals, Chinese clothes (once), and school uniform was hot too.

Quote:
I'll admit it's pretty weird for me as well.
Aww come on. We all know its fun to tease the ferret.

Quote:
Well the OOCness should be enough to establish it's not Nanoha. No mention of that person being Nanoha was raised as well, only in Yuuno's perception.
Maybe Nanoha was drunk?

Quote:
Who else can I have her masquerade as next then.
I was thinking Almaria, but I don't think psychology attacks really work well on Aurion.

Quote:
It's all in your mind.

Quote:
One more vote here.
You know, we should do a Sai-OC some day. Though it'll probably be too tedious a project to do.

Quote:
I picked it up much later but enjoyed it thoroughly nonetheless. Going to watch it weekly this time though.
Yeah and I'm going to confuse my non-anime watching friends again. They'll go "wtf they're talking evil plots, strategies, and unimaginable horrors", then me and the friend who were talking about it would just say its anime and finally they'll go "wtf otakus!"

Quote:
I personally say teenhood is a great period of time, for what I can say.
Hey like everything else it can be overrated. Its really up to how one makes of it.

Quote:
Anything pretty and set in a high-tech universe rarely stay as decorations.
True enough.

Quote:
All this talk of Yukana recently miffs me alittle since I didn't get her as Katrina's VA, considering their links. Minor I know but I'll sweat this kind of small stuff this once.

Can we share her Keroko? I promised not to let Katrina show up in front of Tesla if you do.
Well you could use the different versions of her voice. Just make sure Katrina doesn't go ~desu anytime soon. Oh wait! She could imitate Rein and psycho Hayate! Wow that would be fun! *spies Aaron charging at top speed* Whoops gotta run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
In the context of that conversation, it was more of a matter that I like Tesla more than Keroko-chan.

Quote:
Not connected, though. It's on an alternate universe. I'd leave the upgrades to PF and just add some comments on my side. I'm keeping the Bookmark System and the other upgrades exclusive to my story unless PF decides otherwise.
Ok, sounds like a lot of upgrades on the way.

Quote:
Naturally. But Aurion gets to scold them too.
Would be really funny to have someone his stature and age go "nandeyanen" and holding a harisen. Though I do somewhat see that possibly happening.

Quote:
DAMN STRAIGHT!

Quote:
I'd like to see them break stereotypes and actually do another series, regardless of the Aces being older than 20. I'd make until around 23 or 24.
They better darn make it better.

Quote:
I'd still want it. But I'd still complain. A completely selfish and unilateral answer, I know. But hey, I'm just practicing my right to speak. StrikerS gave me more than three-fourths of my ideas for the OC thread.
Well true fans care after all, instead of those rabid fanservice lovers who just want the stuff like well, you know...

Quote:
I'd admit that Hayate's shafting really cut me deep. I actually go seething in real life just thinking about it at times. (Yes, I'm still a bit immature when it comes to this.) But not meeting the people here in the OC thread and the Nanoha forums in general, that's still much worse. In the end, after meeting real people online and having a common interest, having common complaints, having arguments, letting creativity flow, getting to read other people's works. I say it's all worth it. Besides, even if it's just fanfiction, I can still give the characters I like proper care and development, right?
I complaint about StrikerS to some real life friends. I think there was once me and PF were discussing about it while on an outing somewhere. I don't really know many people who like the mahou shoujo genre though, so its hard to find people around me to talk about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Yo, I'm back from my trip. I cant remember what was the last page I read, so I'll be reading backlog..backwards. I'll see what I can find to comment on, but I have no time right now to read long stuff...so that will come later.
Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your trip. Don't worry about the backlog really, its not that bad.

Quote:
On another note, I've been working quite hard on the reconstruction of my characters. This time I will start posting the complete profiles first, since my first attempt, in which I tried to introduce my characters through scenarios, failed quite hard. And dont expect quick profiles...these will be massive...

Anyway, glad to see you guys are still around.
Looking forward to more Gwen hawtness.

Quote:
That example does come to mind though I'm looking for the same voice quality as the one displayed by C.C. which Keroko has already taken for Tesla. It's just slightly awkward to have two characters sound exactly the same.
Why don't one of you just cheat and say that Katrina or Tesla is using the same way of talking, just different volumes/deepness/intonations bla bla.

Quote:
Who's Mandy though? Don't think I have heard of her before this.
Mandy from Grim Tales, originally from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Kinda like a doujin for a famous Cartoon on Cartoon Network. Or was it Nickelodeon? The link is here. There's also some wikipedia info here. However, fact is Grim Tales has been suspended indefinitely, and the artist is now actually working on another comic.

Quote:
Tesla's moving fast to becoming a popular figure here like her counterpart it seems. Keroko's got a knack for such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
My latest character I posted not even a page back. Quick linkage before dinner.
Surprised to see that really. I completely forgotten about Grim Tales after it was suspended in favour of Sugar Bits. Heck, PPGD ain't finished yet either. But I can't really complain I suppose, the author is probably really busy. (Or is he? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
So...does that mean I'm known for WAFF now?
What's WAFF?

Quote:
Never got interested in that game. RO was my first MMO and then I avoided WoW for a year before another group of my friends pulled me in when they wanted to try it
I might actually start playing WoW in 1 or 2 months. I've got this itch to try it out since most people I talk to (who have played it) say good things about it. Though the common problem seems to be that if you do get to like it, it becomes addictive (dangerous for me).

So how many of you guys here play the US servers? Which one?

Quote:
I think a lot of suffer from condition 3
I'm suffering from a severe case of condition 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
a-are? I only noticed now...Yui's rank is actually AA
The other A must have fled
Yui, rank up!

Quote:
Besides, Teana used that "coated bullet" early in StrikerS and Nanoha said it's a skill of a AA ranked mage, even though it did drain her a lot
Well having the ability to make the coated bullet doesn't indicate skill in making it, nor power in making a lot of it. But if you ask me, I've always thought that Teana is too harsh on herself. I personally think she's quite intelligent, so what if she doesn't have raw power like the others? Her brains more than make up for it.

Quote:
Hopefully they'll glue the three routes of the game in one
That would be very chaotic.

-------------------
All of us just eased back into the routine of backlog breaking and didn't really realize it. Really, the OC thread is back up and running. So now we can all look forward to breaking the 20k post wall!

Well back to work!

ooo my first page claim! I think...no big deal though. Running along now.

Last edited by FieryAeon; 2008-01-08 at 20:31.
Old 2008-01-08, 23:17   Link #18322
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Crush crinkle toss...

OK I'll go for the more standard "the woman I can never have" storyline typical of blue-blood tragics.

Quote:
For a while there, THAT Eclipse crossed my mind, and it made me wonder what kind of mindfuck you had wanted to give... I dunno, 'Caro' and 'Erio'.
Well I... Are we talking about the same thing here? I was thinking F/HA.

Quote:

at Teslaurion...

*runs*

Quote:
Er... so what's this about? And how did Lionel get in this?

Spoiler:

Do we get to see Lionel do this in Rebuilt?
EGAD! IT'S MR. OLD MUSCLES!!!

Lionel was a completely original OC grunt leader attached to Riot 6 by orders of le General to keep an eye on Hayate, but he is soon won over by Hayate's ideals and team.

But... If you could enlightening me which Lionel are you talking about (do you really mean the above commander? ), I could accomodate. So far, the only old man to appear is Charlie, one of the new Cleric-knights spawned from Forsaken crack.

Quote:
You know, Hayate better do this in Rebuilt of StrikerS. :3

I know I'm gonna do it for DestinyS.
Ah how could I have forgotten the winded walk?! Definitely included this time!

Quote:
Epicness, huh?

But I totallllllllllly suck at Yuunoha....
Well I have lots of faith in you.

Quote:
DO YOU REMEMBER CRADLE?

*shoots myself*

A fictional retelling would probably romanticize some things...
YOU'D BETTER SHOOT!!! Tk'd be all over ya if ya don't lol.

Quote:
Sachiel or Zeruel?
I've forgotten, the first one that makes cross-shaped explosions with its eyebeams. The Righteous Siegel von Antioch (fixed the name for clunkiness) has that same explosion shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Tk3997: i have nothing against you criticizing the works of other people, but please keep your language in check. Some of your comments are quite rude and borderline insulting; this thread is meant for fun, and when things get personal the fun factor gets taken out of it. Lets try and keep this place friendly.
Wow, you actaully read this thread...?! We're not as safe as we think we are!!!

Quote:
Uh...should I be diving for cover?
I wanna save what's left of my sanity...wait...
Hmm...could have sworn I had some left . Oh well, bring it ON!!
Now to get to work then.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-01-09 at 06:05.
Old 2008-01-09, 00:04   Link #18323
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
*grin* I spy with my little eye, a Return of the Jedi reference.
Ding! You're the first person to get that one.

"I used to live here, you know."

"Now you're going to die here. Convenient."
Old 2008-01-09, 02:51   Link #18324
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Whoa, quiet day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I'd have to talk this with Kagerou - can we get back to you?

For a while, Lindy used to be their contact in the Navy, but Erick and O'Neil made limited use of her because she doesn't know that she sponsored a group of commando-assassins, and Erick has become friends with her and doesn't want her to feel betrayed so he just skirts the question everytime they talk. O'Neil figures he can keep it hidden from her forever...

Though if we follow TK's crack idea, which had Jack O'Neil and Lindy reemerging into the springtime of their love.... <.<

Hmmm... I'll talk it over with Kagerou and get some input from TK. From what I recall of canon O'Neil, he's not much of a sharer type...

Still, it has potential... though Mandy's leadership style would definately rankle the Assault Platoon.

Quick question: has Mandy ever been in combat?
Well, yeah, you don't become an admiral in an active Navy without your fare share of combat. It's her preffered tactics (effeciency over humanity) that often raised questions, but efficiency (and a whole lot of arguable politics) got her through.

If you mean scenarios, though, I just finished her profile yesterday! Cut me some slack at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Mandy from Grim Tales, originally from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. Kinda like a doujin for a famous Cartoon on Cartoon Network. Or was it Nickelodeon? The link is here. There's also some wikipedia info here. However, fact is Grim Tales has been suspended indefinitely, and the artist is now actually working on another comic.

Surprised to see that really. I completely forgotten about Grim Tales after it was suspended in favour of Sugar Bits. Heck, PPGD ain't finished yet either. But I can't really complain I suppose, the author is probably really busy. (Or is he? )
I have a habit of picking up slow updatimg webcomics (Dragon-Mango, Paradox Lost, Gone with the Blastwave, Bleedman's comics). I suppose the slow-to-update thing reminds me of myself. Updates on Grim Tales started again sometime in September, though they've been slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Ding! You're the first person to get that one.

"I used to live here, you know."

"Now you're going to die here. Convenient."
Ah, Return of the Jedi. Second best Star Wars movie in my opinion. Empire Striker Back lacked something to really catch me (bar the legendary 'I'm your father' moment). Too much white I guess.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-01-09 at 04:53.
Old 2008-01-09, 05:46   Link #18325
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
No Minami-ke II and Zetsubou II? Both their prequels are arguably the best comedies of 2007.
I didn't catch Zetsubou... And I have issues with Minami-ke.

Nothing bad mind you, I still laugh alot in it... it's just a feeling I have.

Quote:
Oh, and regarding your P3 question... you be the judge. Personally, it's not that impressive. H2O's OP is currently the top of the current bunch for me.
Well, you're right, it's definitely not impressive.

But it could be catchy over time... Like, Jinn's "Kaidoku Funou"

... Probably not.

So far, for this winter season, I like the songs from H2O, as well as the new ending theme from D.Gray-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
I take it you have more delicious crack to deliver? *licks lips*

[Bob]Says he who doesn't follow the way of Chaos.[/Bob]

HAH! I knew it! Bob!!

Quote:
Chaos-kun has officially become Chaos-chan, the female version that is.

[/CENTER]
Quote:
Can we hope fervently that the absence and transformation have mellowed him down a little?

[Bob]Absence makes the heart grows fonder. I don't expect him to be any other than himself (or herself). Gender plays little in determining the traits of one such as Chaos.[/Bob]
Quote:
Don't bet on it. =\
Quote:
Sigh, I thought the skirt might have some dampening effect on Chaos's dark energy.

What the hell?!

That's a COAT you half-witted numbskulls !

Quote:
Quick! Open the vault! Open the vault before he changes his mind!!
I'm not going to open the vault because of that =_=
Old 2008-01-09, 07:17   Link #18326
FlameSparkZ
紅い矢は茨の如く

Quote:
Hmm, I'm tempted to agree. We haven't seen much of Hamaji so far, but certain trap-alerts start to ring in my head when I see him.
Even when wearing a sukurumizu Hamaji's chest isn't that big so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Pshaw, my side has dragon girl lolis. Those are totally better then goth-lolis.
Since you could just dress up a dragon girl loli in gothic stuff! Win-win that wai.
Hmmm...
Emilia from Yggdra Union comes to mind...

Quote:
Well quite often its because the eroge version had a really good story. Though its also quite often that the anime version doesn't do its game counterpart much justice. *coughPrismcoughArk* But this time since I've never actually play the game I might be spared the sense of injustice that might come.
You haven't, but I have

Quote:
Yui, rank up!

Quote:
Well having the ability to make the coated bullet doesn't indicate skill in making it, nor power in making a lot of it. But if you ask me, I've always thought that Teana is too harsh on herself. I personally think she's quite intelligent, so what if she doesn't have raw power like the others? Her brains more than make up for it.
Yeah

Quote:
That would be very chaotic.
Maybe, but then again, it seems they're aiming for Hayami's route

But they'll either hint stuff about Hinata and Otoha or manage to solve their problems too

~~~~

Ok, here's some more stuff from H2O
Spoiler for H2O again:

*runs*
Old 2008-01-09, 07:30   Link #18327
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Even when wearing a sukurumizu Hamaji's chest isn't that big so...
Chest size is a questionable reasoning to use, as we've seen flat-chested characters before. However, the style of Hamaji's hair and her physical size often has bigger chest. Although... that last picture did show something as oposed to nothing, which makes me hesitate (take Jun, for example, who has zip when putting on a bathing suit). Still questionable. Hamaji has the right personallity for a trap, but I'll gather more evidence before jumping to conclusions.
Old 2008-01-09, 08:12   Link #18328
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

More like I want acces to the Goth-loli stash...

I mean, yeah, sure, I want to be bad.

Well, the closest I can think of the would suit her in my opinion, would be from this image...

... And no, you're still not in the vault

Quote:
Chest size is a questionable reasoning to use, as we've seen flat-chested characters before. However, the style of Hamaji's hair and her physical size often has bigger chest. Although... that last picture did show something as oposed to nothing, which makes me hesitate (take Jun, for example, who has zip when putting on a bathing suit). Still questionable. Hamaji has the right personallity for a trap, but I'll gather more evidence before jumping to conclusions.
Well, it could be worse...

... The worse traps are the kids
Old 2008-01-09, 08:38   Link #18329
Tormenk

Quote:
Yo, I'm back from my trip. I cant remember what was the last page I read, so I'll be reading backlog..backwards. I'll see what I can find to comment on, but I have no time right now to read long stuff...so that will come later.

On another note, I've been working quite hard on the reconstruction of my characters. This time I will start posting the complete profiles first, since my first attempt, in which I tried to introduce my characters through scenarios, failed quite hard. And dont expect quick profiles...these will be massive...

Yo! Everyone's still around to welcome you back.

Quote:
Perhaps.

Quote:
Again?
Well, you could always kill 2 birds with one stone and have Shamsel as one of the escorts for your Lost Logia book
Again again.

I think you might be mistaken here. The Grimoire never was under TSAB custody and was stolen by the Prize shortly after its discovery so I really can't see how Shamsel can be one of its escorts. Workable idea to involve him, though that would mean pulling the Rouges in as well. I'm not too sure about that.

Quote:
Anything is better than nothing
I'll try.

Quote:
It's Aim for the Top! (Gunbuster), which was one of Gainax's earliest works and put them on the road to success (there was also the Daicon III and IV openings). The series is basically the embodiment of what the company was founded by: sci-fi goodness and geek-dom (they even have full-blown science lessons at the end of each OVA episode). Plus all you fan-service lovers can thank this series for being the first to introduce the Gainax Bounce. If you like hot-blood, giant robots (they used freakin' JUPITER as a battery for one ), and sci-fi....watch it NOW!!! DVD's are available!!!

I had a feeling you are a Gainax fan and this pretty much proves it. Looks pretty good overall and I see lots of scenes that are probably the refs for certain GL scenes.

Quote:
Or Sahaquiel or even the Eva's self-destruction device.
Taking out a city in a single, spammable strike would be wayyyyyy too big.

Quote:

I don't mind. Heck, we can use the similarity in voice as aditional plot-devices too. Katrina posing as Tesla anyone?
Yup. Though Katrina can already sound like anyone or anything she chooses.

Quote:
Holy- A moderator? Here?!

Hide the crack! Hide- I said hide it dammit! Oh hey, no nothing to see here, move along.

Gotten over your fear for this place, Skyfall?
I would say he's doing his job in response to something. No other reason why two mods would come in at the same time.

Quote:
Remind me, what was the situation between Gen and Aurion again?
Well the finer details aren't set yet but Gen's one of Aurion's shadier contacts that provides information outside of TSAB reaches. Aurion's side you have to get from Aaron.

Quote:
Pray hard that it doesn't come to that then. And pray harder for it to end faster once that happens.

Quote:
Thats the overly positive way of seeing it. One must never forget that there always certain restrictions.
I'm mindful as always of the things sitting on both sides

Quote:
Spoilers? Source nao!
Nothing big. It's just two of the threads in the CG forum.

Link

First post has a summary of all the confirmed spoilers for S2 and is pretty much the twin of the spoilers and speculation thread so be warned.

Quote:
Watched episode 12 yesterday night, was pleased with the overall happy ending. Now that the roller coaster ride of ef (I just found out it meant ever forever, how slow of me ) I need more of the same kind!
It was pretty good ride though not of the rollercoaster kind for me. Excellent story and art. Of course, the drama. Oh, not forgetting the clouds. Hands down the most beautiful clouds I have seen in anime.

Quote:
Erm, nope. I definitely recall seeing it on C.C's forehead and also in the ruins where they hijacked the Gawain.
Well only the symbols of the ruins has any semblance to the more decorated symbol on her clothes but I'll drop it here anyway.

Quote:
Well to be fair I'm normally not one to scream "omg it sucked too much please redo it lololol" like some of those random anime blog trolls. But I personally think StrikerS should have been a S4 or even S5 and a series with an earlier timeline should be made first.

It would probably have been better. Though perhaps a change in management internally in 7arcs and stuff prompted the lousy production for the TV version of StrikerS. Though that's probably a little too far-fetched and maybe 7arcs just decided that they didn't wanna spend too much money but just milk as much as they can through merchandising.

We'll never know.
Well the point of StrikerS being a later season is pretty valid with all the developments in it and Nanoha's injury by the end. It probably would have turned out much better this way too.

And it seems the trend of milking out a popular series seems to have hit anime production studios in Japan as well with recent examples. Guess that's a pretty bad turn for things.

Quote:
Food tasting session perhaps?
Of the most unusual type.

Quote:
Then again most of us have gone AU anyway.
A fair number but it's alright since it's not as if the characters or story was established as a in-canon but gone pure AU after that.

Quote:
Which I find quite surprising. Though fact is just a few months ago it was the other way around.
Well only taking into account most of the OCs are males to balance out the lack of them in canon.

Quote:
The analogy is a little overused. Its like people saying they want to see what's on the other side of the moon really, and get disappointed when they find it has more 'scars' than the one we always get to see from Earth (through a telescope that is).
An all time favorite analogy of mine but I'll spare the thread from my usual nonsense and just say people tend to be like that.

Quote:
Well seeing her in casuals, Chinese clothes (once), and school uniform was hot too.
Which reminds me of a pure coincidence I remembered something time back. C.C.'s twin tails are tied in a similar fashion to Lutecia's.

Quote:
As well as giving him some limelight from time to time.

Quote:
Maybe Nanoha was drunk?
Drunk Nanoha might just be less dense than her normally sharp self.

Quote:
I was thinking Almaria, but I don't think psychology attacks really work well on Aurion.
The number one psychologist in the OC probably has no qualms about attacking a exact copy of Almaria right now.

Quote:
You know, we should do a Sai-OC some day. Though it'll probably be too tedious a project to do.
Yup.

Quote:
Hey like everything else it can be overrated. Its really up to how one makes of it.
Not sure if it's the exact line but Forrest Gump has something to say about this.

"My mama used to say life is like a box of chocolates. Never know what you are going to get."

Quote:
Well you could use the different versions of her voice. Just make sure Katrina doesn't go ~desu anytime soon. Oh wait! She could imitate Rein and psycho Hayate! Wow that would be fun! *spies Aaron charging at top speed* Whoops gotta run!
Katrina can copy mannerisms given enough info. And wow, Katrina going ~desu for her usual manner makes for a pretty weird and cool computation.

Quote:
Why don't one of you just cheat and say that Katrina or Tesla is using the same way of talking, just different volumes/deepness/intonations bla bla.
Subtle differences can work but I think we are both looking for the relaxed but arresting manner C.C.'s voice can be so anything goes.

Quote:
What's WAFF?
Warm And Fuzzy Feelings.

Quote:
Yui, rank up!
I think it was mentioned in of the pieces during the Cradle period that she did get a rank boost but it wasn't reflected in her current profile. I know Koji and Maren had one during BreakerS as well.

Quote:
I've been reading too much Grim Tales...

Spoiler for Mandy Carter:

Yeah, not much like Nova at all, is it Aaron?
Nicely done character integration into canon events and people again. Like the finer points of her personality and traits, certainly gives the not to be trifled with initial impression along with her history. I'll say her being a Captain after 6 years might be abit too fast given the number of events she would have to go through. Her rise to an admiral might not be at the youngest age but her speed at ten years certainly rivals Chrono's. Goes give her extra prestige in getting the things she wants I suppose.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-09, 10:06   Link #18330
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Tk3997: i have nothing against you criticizing the works of other people, but please keep your language in check. Some of your comments are quite rude and borderline insulting; this thread is meant for fun, and when things get personal the fun factor gets taken out of it. Lets try and keep this place friendly.

S-skyfall in the OC thread?!

USO DA!!!

Welcome, Skyfall. You should try hanging out more often. Who knows, we might get the very first OC made by a mod.

Oh, and Tk? That's just how he is. The trick is just not to take his sharp words too personally and read thru his intent. But I guess it gets different with different people...

Quote:
But! But! It is fun!

Tk's not Tk's without his brand of brunt honesty.

Quote:

Welcome back, Erio! Good luck with backlog breaking. I'm still stuck here until weekends before I can tackle the holiday backlog properly.

Quote:
That example does come to mind though I'm looking for the same voice quality as the one displayed by C.C. which Keroko has already taken for Tesla. It's just slightly awkward to have two characters sound exactly the same.
Well, considering the type of Yukana tone your both gunning for, it is indeed complicated. If you'd look a bit...

Hayate = Kana Ueda
Sophia = Kana Ueda

Aurion = Takehito Koyasu
Isdera = Takehito Koyasu
Kaempfer = Takehito Koyasu

Saga = Hoshi Shouichiro
Hikki = Hoshi Shouichiro

Grandis = Hikaru Midorikawa
Franz = Hikaru Midorikawa
Takamachi Kyouya = Hikaru Midorikawa

Widuri/Halcyon = Rie Tanaka
Reiji's OC that's not revealed yet = Rie Tanaka

Tesla = Yukana
Rein = Yukana
Lucino = Yukana

Quote:
Looks like you are going to have some high expectations to keep to then.
Yeah...

Quote:
Yup that's approved. Though I'll say I have made plans to include Gen as part of the Prize now so that's something to consider on Aurion's end, having a contact within a organization that the TSAB is searching for and which operations undermine and threaten their work.
No worries. Aurion isn't exactly fond of following TSAB regulations by the word.

Quote:
Tesla's moving fast to becoming a popular figure here like her counterpart it seems. Keroko's got a knack for such things.
Quoted for truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Well, it's not like I have a monopoly on 34-year old female OCs anyway. Nova's in her thirties because StrikerS takes place (and finishes) roughly ten to eleven years after the first season.

Besides, I'm already uneasy raising the ages of my early-twenties characters, despite the fact that I'm no longer in my early twenties. (I think I'm one of the older participants of the thread?) The older they are, the less likely that they'll be eager to be sent out on death-defying missions of the non-elite-unit sort; younger people tend to have a greater sense of their own invincibility compared to more experienced ones.

-

As I mentioned before (back in Part 1), Part 2 is full of talking. There's not much banter in this one either, so it's like one of those boring exposition episodes in StrikerS.

Believe me when I say that I already cut down a lot of extra talking and background explanations. I like to write about characters just talking to each other, because I suck so very much at action sequences.

Spoiler for Lyrical Melancholy Chapter 1 Part 2:
A lot of talking done very well! The relaxed atmosphere in the piece allows one to see the attitudes of each character clearly. Nice work! Rancer sure knows how to use words at these circumstances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I just copy/pasted that because I didn't feel like properly quoting it
No problem.

Quote:
But uh... As the spell creator I should know this right?
*Thinks*

I'd have to go off and venture that you couldn't do something like that. Until a spell is used to activate them they are, well let's say inert. They pass through things without nothing happening... And if they are passing through a object they aren't 'stable' enough to be 'cast'.

Something like that
Since that brings up a good point... Since some of the spells in mind make a Dying Soul go BOOOOOOOM. Which going BOOOOOM inside someone's chest cavity sounds a little unfair...
Although Rune's spells are more geared to fighting Varistan soldiers then other mages really. That and getting in really close since Varistans use guns and stuff
Good. That quells my initial apprehension.

Quote:
Remind me, what was the situation between Gen and Aurion again?
Like Tormenk said, Gen is one of Aurion's outlaw contacts. Aurion calls him Ealin-sempai at times for annoyance.

About Mandy, she'd most likely view Aurion as an annoyingly smart but absolutely useful pawn. Dealings with the outside, Aurion can help. Devices, check. Usefulness in additional negotiations, there.

In Aurion's side, he'd be mostly impartial and just be Lloyd-like (from Code Geass) to her. And not being on the receiving end of a very influential admiral's paper-shredder is a big boon.

Quote:
Forget it.

Not ever gonna work.

Even if you clone her, the absence of the 'connection' will instantly tell him about the fake. That cannot be replicated in any whatsoever way.

Besides, an illusionist like him should know the fake from the original easily.

Bleh. Makes me want Aurion to know of Katrina's existence like he does of Saga and Co. >.>

Quote:
Would be really funny to have someone his stature and age go "nandeyanen" and holding a harisen. Though I do somewhat see that possibly happening.
Owing to his voice-range ala Takehito Koyasu, why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
What the hell?!

That's a COAT you half-witted numbskulls !
He's correct. That's Loki from Demon Detective Loki, was it?

Quote:
The number one psychologist in the OC probably has no qualms about attacking a exact copy of Almaria right now.
Yes. Without even so much batting an eyelash. Of course, a reason to attack is needed.

But, he's still human. I'd say he won't like it. He'll be quite annoyed. And getting him annoyed is not good.

You can pretty much only rattle him with indisputable live evidence. He'll get a real shock in finding out Grandis is alive in GenerationS. And of course, Hayate's kidnapping would shake him even worse.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-01-09, 10:44   Link #18331
Tormenk

Quote:
Well, considering the type of Yukana tone your both gunning for, it is indeed complicated. If you'd look a bit...

Hayate = Kana Ueda
Sophia = Kana Ueda

Aurion = Takehito Koyasu
Isdera = Takehito Koyasu

Saga = Hoshi Shouichiro
Hikki = Hoshi Shouichiro

Tesla = Yukana
Rein = Yukana
Lucino = Yukana

That does remind me nicely. Oh well.

Quote:
No worries. Aurion isn't exactly fond of following TSAB regulations by the word.
Hmm. Gen's going to get pounded by Aurion's questions once Katrina starts moving in on certain people. Though I still need refinement on those parts.

Quote:
A lot of talking done very well! The relaxed atmosphere in the piece allows one to see the attitudes of each character clearly. Nice work! Rancer sure knows how to use words at these circumstances.
Which reminds me I haven't read those yet.

Quote:
Like Tormenk said, Gen is one of Aurion's outlaw contacts. Aurion calls him Ealin-sempai at times for annoyance.

About Mandy, she'd most likely view Aurion as an annoyingly smart but absolutely useful pawn. Dealings with the outside, Aurion can help. Devices, check. Usefulness in additional negotiations, there.

In Aurion's side, he'd be mostly impartial and just be Lloyd-like (from Code Geass) to her. And not being on the receiving end of a very influential admiral's paper-shredder is a big boon.
Ealin-sempei? The old grouchbag isn't going to be happy about this. I'll be going through Aurion's profile again soon to see if there are any breaks for them to meet and think up possible scenarios. Interesting side project for now.

Aurion is Lloyd-like from time to time come to think of it, aggravating those around them for their amusement.

Quote:
Forget it.

Not ever gonna work.

Even if you clone her, the absence of the 'connection' will instantly tell him about the fake. That cannot be replicated in any whatsoever way.

Besides, an illusionist like him should know the fake from the original easily.

Bleh. Makes me want Aurion to know of Katrina's existence like he does of Saga and Co. >.>
Reasons why I think so too. Aurion's not going to learn about Katrina's existence for a long time if I can help it though why the interest?

So far Katrina's earliest planned meeting with any OC is Jeno.

Quote:
Yes. Without even so much batting an eyelash. Of course, a reason to attack is needed.

But, he's still human. I'd say he won't like it. He'll be quite annoyed. And getting him annoyed is not good.

You can pretty much only rattle him with indisputable live evidence. He'll get a real shock in finding out Grandis is alive in GenerationS. And of course, Hayate's kidnapping would shake him even worse.
Heh just as expected.

Aaron might want to check out the Image thread. Some new Hayate and Rein pics that I'm sure it's to your liking.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-09, 12:33   Link #18332
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Hmmm...
Emilia from Yggdra Union comes to mind...
Is that bad?
And anyway to be fair Emilia is Gulcasa's half-sister. She may not have any dragon blood in her, or if she does... She'd be like quarter dragon. :P

Quote:
Good. That quells my initial apprehension.
Well that is good
Thanks for bringing it up though. I wonder why I never thought of that...
Old 2008-01-09, 12:35   Link #18333
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
He does tend to get the short end of the stick in quite a bit of jokes .

Quote:
Maybe Nanoha was drunk?
I see Nanoha as more of a happy, silly drunk

Quote:
What's WAFF?
Warm And Fuzzy Feelings

Quote:
I might actually start playing WoW in 1 or 2 months. I've got this itch to try it out since most people I talk to (who have played it) say good things about it. Though the common problem seems to be that if you do get to like it, it becomes addictive (dangerous for me).

So how many of you guys here play the US servers? Which one?
I play on a US West Coast PvP server. Yes, it CAN be addictive, but then again almost anything can be addictive . Just depends on your self control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I've forgotten, the first one that makes cross-shaped explosions with its eyebeams. The Righteous Siegel von Antioch (fixed the name for clunkiness) has that same explosion shape.
The first one to appear in the series that fires cross-shaped cross-blasts is Sachiel, the Angel of Water. Its self-destruct explosion is also cross-shaped .

Quote:
I have a habit of picking up slow updatimg webcomics (Dragon-Mango, Paradox Lost, Gone with the Blastwave, Bleedman's comics). I suppose the slow-to-update thing reminds me of myself. Updates on Grim Tales started again sometime in September, though they've been slow.
Ah, Gone with he Blastwave is a great webcomic . If you want another slow-updating one, try Post Nuke .

Quote:
I'm not going to open the vault because of that =_=
Aww....

Quote:
I think you might be mistaken here. The Grimoire never was under TSAB custody and was stolen by the Prize shortly after its discovery so I really can't see how Shamsel can be one of its escorts. Workable idea to involve him, though that would mean pulling the Rouges in as well. I'm not too sure about that.
Um...the TSAB and katrina happen to be going after it at the same time?

Quote:
I had a feeling you are a Gainax fan and this pretty much proves it. Looks pretty good overall and I see lots of scenes that are probably the refs for certain GL scenes.
Probably more of a fan of giant robots . Plus when the mech of the series unofficially has the record for the most kills in any series...yea I gotta see that

Quote:
Katrina can copy mannerisms given enough info. And wow, Katrina going ~desu for her usual manner makes for a pretty weird and cool computation.
That would be...quite odd

Quote:
Warm And Fuzzy Feelings.
I like WAFF
Old 2008-01-09, 12:47   Link #18334
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:

Ah poor, poor Arcas and Mel.
Indeed - they get much harrying about their "private" romantic life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Eeeeh wonder what Mel got for Arcas...
Something that's definitely NOT for public wear, is all I will say...

Quote:
*turns around* Shamal! Incomming patient, most likely with lightning induced burns!
I'mma gonna go hide, okay? Okay.

Quote:
Well, I couldn't let her get away scot-free. Nanoha lost 8% of her magical abillities and was asked by Shamal to not use any magic for a year as a precaution (although Nanoha decided to do so anyway, so it was obviously not a medical requirement) I've always hammered that Ethereal Mode is far more dangerous then a Limit Break, so allowing Keroko to use magic shortly after the incident was out of the question. It's a pitty that Keroko can't join any of the post-Cradle stories, but I'm not going to alter this.

If a story is set after the final episode of StrikerS (as in, after RF6 is disbanded) then Keroko is available again.
<shakes head> Well, damn. At least she'll be available for story number 2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Yeah well, the tsundere is playing it
<mimes whip crack>

Wha-chi!
Old 2008-01-09, 15:53   Link #18335
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
I was starting on the next part of my story, and possibly introducing some other OCs, but well, I just want to see what you fellows think about this

Spoiler for Part 3, Preview: Attack of the Winged Angels!:
Old 2008-01-09, 16:37   Link #18336
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
No. Your name isn't Rakna, or Random, or Strike Fiss.

Quote:
Crack is always welcome here .
Always.

Quote:
It's Aim for the Top! (Gunbuster), which was one of Gainax's earliest works and put them on the road to success (there was also the Daicon III and IV openings). The series is basically the embodiment of what the company was founded by: sci-fi goodness and geek-dom (they even have full-blown science lessons at the end of each OVA episode). Plus all you fan-service lovers can thank this series for being the first to introduce the Gainax Bounce. If you like hot-blood, giant robots (they used freakin' JUPITER as a battery for one ), and sci-fi....watch it NOW!!! DVD's are available!!!
Fun fact, kids who don't know: Anno directed the last episode of Gunbuster, which in hindsight was probably a clue into his mental stability (I know I'm not the only one who generally considers the last ep. of Gunbuster to be horribly depressing compared to the rest of it).

But most anything by Gainax is awesome, except for a few productions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I'd have to talk this with Kagerou - can we get back to you?

For a while, Lindy used to be their contact in the Navy, but Erick and O'Neil made limited use of her because she doesn't know that she sponsored a group of commando-assassins, and Erick has become friends with her and doesn't want her to feel betrayed so he just skirts the question everytime they talk. O'Neil figures he can keep it hidden from her forever...

Though if we follow TK's crack idea, which had Jack O'Neil and Lindy reemerging into the springtime of their love.... <.<

Hmmm... I'll talk it over with Kagerou and get some input from TK. From what I recall of canon O'Neil, he's not much of a sharer type...

Still, it has potential... though Mandy's leadership style would definately rankle the Assault Platoon.

Quick question: has Mandy ever been in combat?
...I guess it'd be a copout if I said it's up to you, Goose . If I can get ahold of ya on MSNM we'll talk about it.

Quote:
:
Hayate = Kana Ueda
Sophia = Kana Ueda

Aurion = Takehito Koyasu
Isdera = Takehito Koyasu

Saga = Hoshi Shouichiro
Hikki = Hoshi Shouichiro

Tesla = Yukana
Rein = Yukana
Lucino = Yukana
...lol one of us needs to go through all the OCs and compile like a master list of seiyuu used.

Quote:
Warm And Fuzzy Feelings
Another fun fact: If I recall correctly, the Eva fandom invented that term .

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

In other news, I haven't really been around a lot. I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect...and holy god, the ideas it's giving me for the OFM are quite scary.

It's also giving me an idea for a "Creation Theory" for the Nanoverse galaxy; Proteans, Ancients, Forerunners, you know, it's all starting to look the same.
Old 2008-01-09, 16:45   Link #18337
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Well, the closest I can think of the would suit her in my opinion, would be from this image...

*saves*

Quote:
... And no, you're still not in the vault
Che. Oh well, I'll just catch what leaks out.

Quote:
Well, it could be worse...

... The worse traps are the kids
It's clear that your experience in the world of traps is limited.

Quote:
Yup. Though Katrina can already sound like anyone or anything she chooses.
Oh yeah. Still, I don't see a problem with both of them sharing the same VA/style

Quote:
I would say he's doing his job in response to something. No other reason why two mods would come in at the same time.
It's the first time since the thread's creation that a mod posted here, for most of us that have been here since the beginning its kind of a legendary moment.

Quote:
Well the finer details aren't set yet but Gen's one of Aurion's shadier contacts that provides information outside of TSAB reaches. Aurion's side you have to get from Aaron.
Right, will do.

Quote:
Drunk Nanoha might just be less dense than her normally sharp self.
Goury effect?

Quote:
Subtle differences can work but I think we are both looking for the relaxed but arresting manner C.C.'s voice can be so anything goes.
Exactly. It's that abillity to switch between emotial and cold analystic that atracts us.

Quote:
Nicely done character integration into canon events and people again. Like the finer points of her personality and traits, certainly gives the not to be trifled with initial impression along with her history. I'll say her being a Captain after 6 years might be abit too fast given the number of events she would have to go through. Her rise to an admiral might not be at the youngest age but her speed at ten years certainly rivals Chrono's. Goes give her extra prestige in getting the things she wants I suppose.
Purposely done. While I can play with the years a tad, I wanted to show just how ruthless she can be in the pursuit of ranks. She raced through the ranks at almost the exact speed Chrono did, but unlike Chrono she did not have personal instructors (elite ones at that), the elite-mage treatment, nor the 'my mommy is an admiral' advantage. Mandy clawed her way to the top through a combination of above-average magical talents, ruthless efficiency, extorsion and brutal politics.

Quote:
Welcome, Skyfall. You should try hanging out more often. Who knows, we might get the very first OC made by a mod.
That is an interesting idea.

Quote:

Hayate = Kana Ueda
Sophia = Kana Ueda

Aurion = Takehito Koyasu
Isdera = Takehito Koyasu

Saga = Hoshi Shouichiro
Hikki = Hoshi Shouichiro

Tesla = Yukana
Rein = Yukana
Lucino = Yukana

I already knew Rein and Lucino share Yukana, hence why I have no problem with sharing Yukana with Tormenk.

Quote:

That sounds interesting. Although Mandy would hardly view Aurion as 'annoyingly smart' smart pawns are prefered to idiot pawns, they get things done better and more efficiently. Like I said, she wants obiedience, not loyalty. As long as you do what she says, everything is fine. The fact that Aurion knows or can find out anything she is doing or has planned is none of her concern as long as he keeps his mouth shut about it.

Quote:
Ah, Gone with he Blastwave is a great webcomic . If you want another slow-updating one, try Post Nuke .
Meh, I don't really like Post Nuke's art style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
I'mma gonna go hide, okay? Okay.
You go do that.

Quote:
<shakes head> Well, damn. At least she'll be available for story number 2...
Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryand-Smith View Post
I was starting on the next part of my story, and possibly introducing some other OCs, but well, I just want to see what you fellows think about this

Spoiler for Part 3, Preview: Attack of the Winged Angels!:
A bit short, and lacking in detail. Just what are these devices? How powefull are they? Why would they make customization obsolete? And most importantly, how are the Cyborgs involved?

Points like these would help lesh out the devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
In other news, I haven't really been around a lot. I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect...and holy god, the ideas it's giving me for the OFM are quite scary.

It's also giving me an idea for a "Creation Theory" for the Nanoverse galaxy; Proteans, Ancients, Forerunners, you know, it's all starting to look the same.
I know, Mass Effect just scream 'Lost Logia' no matter how you look at it. I mean... an ancient race that disapeared, leaving thousands of ruins with highly advanced technollogy behind?

Oh, and just and remember, Tesla is already flying the Normandy.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-01-09 at 17:49.
Old 2008-01-09, 16:46   Link #18338
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Something that's definitely NOT for public wear, is all I will say...
And yet it might end up being public knowledge thanks to their oh-so-kind friends

Quote:
No. Your name isn't Rakna, or Random, or Strike Fiss.
Aww...

Quote:
Fun fact, kids who don't know: Anno directed the last episode of Gunbuster, which in hindsight was probably a clue into his mental stability (I know I'm not the only one who generally considers the last ep. of Gunbuster to be horribly depressing compared to the rest of it).

But most anything by Gainax is awesome, except for a few productions.
Yup, Anno was involved in the project . I like to think it was a way for him to hone is directing skills as they had a very limited budget for the last episode and yet he managed to pull off something memorable and just as epic . It might have been a bit depressing, but I know I practically cried when I saw the very end.

Oh, and if I remember correctly Gunbuster unofficially holds the record for most kills by a single mech.

Quote:
...lol one of us needs to go through all the OCs and compile like a master list of seiyuu used.
Does this mean I need to find Shamsel a voice actor?

Quote:
Another fun fact: If I recall correctly, the Eva fandom invented that term .
Score one for us Eva fans

------------

Alright, seeing some people here want to write a continuation of that scene from GenerationS....here's a peak at what I have written so far:

Spoiler for A Day at the Amusement Park (preliminary sample):

Last edited by Evangelion Xgouki; 2008-01-09 at 19:38.
Old 2008-01-09, 18:35   Link #18339
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
I aww'd.

I'm gonna go ahead and post a chunk of the final arc of Sorairo Days because the next part's gonna be quite big...

Spoiler for The Liberation of Belzac, Part One:
Old 2008-01-09, 18:51   Link #18340
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

The Wikipedia dumbfounds me. How can the TSAB front line infantry be A rank soldiers!? O_o
They're too puny to be A rank. If that is A rank Rune is screwed at B+ and No.47 is even worse at C.

I'm just... Ignoring that