AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-13, 01:14   Link #18461
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post

MSLNA is set to take place in MC0083, setting the Aces at 27 and everyone's favorite Vivio at the ripe mindfuck age of 14, I think. I need the Cadia's help in choosing an OP. I've narrowed it down to two options, presented below.

Spoiler for Option 1: Kakusei Heroism - The Hero Without A Name (AN Cafe):

Spoiler for Option 2: Cruel Angel Thesis SN Version (Shouko Nakagawa):

On a further note, I can't be the only one who correlates the UC timeline with the MC timeline, right? I keep expecting to see/read a fanfic taking place in MC0079...

Well, if you intend to go down that road, then the better choice would be C.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

Incredible OP!
Agreed. I like it better than the first one.

Quote:
Aw shucks.
Having a MOD in the community would have been extremely interesting.
Aaron kuroi...

P.S - On the topic of OPs, my favorite openings from the new series of the winter seasons has to be H2O's "Katayoku no Icarus" by Yui... Sakakibara >.>

As well as True Tears' "Reflectia" by Eufonius...

Both of them have rather different feelings to them.
Old 2008-01-13, 04:53   Link #18462
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Question: Why is someone assigned to a squad that, if I recall correctly, works in the Infinite Library that is accessed from Main HQ, be living in a base on Mid? I would think their housing would be in the Main HQ instead.
Short answer: Because I know jack-all about how the Infinite Library works, and made it up.

Longer answer:

My theory is that the Infinite Library is in its own little pocket dimension, accessible through specialized entryways (akin to the Star Trek-ish transporters we see in action in StrikerS episode 14) that cut through sideways from this dimension to that. Therefore, it is possible for someone to go through such an entryway in Midchilda Ground Forces HQ, and for someone else to go through another entryway in Random Administered World 42, and end up in the same Infinite Library.

This is due to what I'm assuming the Infinite Library to be: a dimension consisting of all information that existed and will ever exist, hence "infinite". Since humans deal poorly with actual applications of infinity, though, the Library has been constrained with all sorts of specialized and powerful barrier spells (hello there Yuuno) to converge onto a manageable set of possibilities. Much of what TSAB knows as "history" is based on going through every book (or other data medium) in that small space and cataloguing it. Now and again, an expansion is announced, and work on the Library stops while they attempt to open up the accessible Library-space to more information.

Now, if I'm completely incorrect, and the Infinite Library does not work this way, then I'm done. This is the absolute basic foundation on which my story is set, and if it isn't possible, then there will be no more story. Everything gets scrapped, I'll be left with nothing, gone, fare thee well, so on and so forth.

You understand my nervousness.
Old 2008-01-13, 05:36   Link #18463
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

That kinda makes me want to do something like this...
Spoiler for Koji going GAR:

*runs at hyperspeed*
I think there's something worse:

Artei: Kage ni NAAAREEEEEEEEEE!!!

*runs after Flames-sama*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
No problem.

Yeah... the evilness of Babelfish. Never trust Babelfish! xD

Sure no problem! Give me your list of Siegel (plural of Siegel is Siegel xD)

And yes:der Kleriker is absolutly correct
Thank you! Now to find a computer with MS Word in the bloody lanshop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

*shock*

Well...that's life

Moving on...
One more reminder why we call them "Trap".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Thanks . And we killed High Astromancer Solarian the next day for the first time, too .
We didn't. But whatever, we're all there to have fun and grin about the 100g repairs. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Ah, yea it would, huh? I suppose it would be easier if I just made up my own division for him to join, but I really can't think about what it would be. I'm decent at making characters, but I dunno about an entire division . It'd be great if he would get more interaction with the other OCs but Rogue Squadron seems kinda inactive atm . Plus I just don't want to toss him into RF6...it'd just seem like I was forcing my way into that bit of the story .

Oh, I already have the scene running around my mind for when Shamsel goes berserk . I just need the proper catalyst to set it off .
Well Keroko's Rogues are a really small force, so a new division isn't too hard to cook up. Like I stuff the Saint Guard to the brim with grunts, with only the lead Trinities bearing names, and even then I've several unnamed Trinities for numbers now and to have names in future my our OCs get to work with them. Expandability is a good either, but you can also start small, since Riot 6 is so tiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not sure, I have Jun a Barrier Jacket, and only a small device to materialize it.
*digs for profile*

*reads*

*integrates data Gendou-ly*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Borrow away.
Okai desu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I believe so: Fate and Accous are Agents, IIRC.

The way I've always approahced things is that Agents are like the US Army CID's Special Investigators: they have almost unlimited legal power and authority in chasing after their targets, but need to work within the system due to a lack of command authority...
Hmm I remember Fate was a Contract Mage... But now she's an Enforcer. DOesn't that make her part of the system already? As for Acous, he's a Belka aligned official aiding TSAB investigations, IIRC as it was said about his jobscope back in the epi threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
And Bridget finally joins the ranks of OC with her trapness... now wondering what'll happen if he ever meets up with Jun...
It'll be quite a war... I hope it doesn't involve dating our male OCs.

Quote:
Think that's AMAZING? Wait till you see the EPIC actual 00 OP for it:

Spoiler for Gundam 00 Opening Sequence 2 "Ash Like Snow":

I was fighting Daybreak's Bell from taking Secret Ambition's place... But this...!!! OP2 found?!

*still working on Vice's AMV*
Quote:
Nice list of the generations of Grade Meisters, though I don't recognize half of them
Alight a rundown:

For the most of the 1st gen, Charlie left the force before Kha joined. He was Charlie's replacement. The old man left as he no longer believed in Celestial Being due to an incident. The Sanders died in a extra-vehicular mission gone bad, leaving Kha as the last Meister.

Kha was then joined by 3 still anonymous pilots transferred from another department. However, another FUBAR mission and some personal issues later, the 3 left the Silverna Team. When Kha was older, he trained 4 more knights in his Way. They are Gimmy (TTGL), Fye (Macross), Yui Hiro (GW) and the young Taiyo (MRR).

But the 2nd gen will return in StrikerS... And late Tiera will be replaced by someone we all know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am just prowling lurking around this place
*imagines having to Flare often to catch Skyfall Shadowmelded with his prowling Cat.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
That's not what I meant? What I meant was...

<pauses, think>

...what the hell did I mean?

Quote:
TO AARON, KHA, SATTY, and FLAMESPARKZ:

[SIZE="5"]Please read the above comments to Keroko on the change in timeline - and let me know for the following characters if their status changes:

Kha der Kleriker: Unavailable due to Cradle Showdown; recovering

Sophia Alexei: Available

Artei: Available

Kaempfer: Unavailable due to Saint Church assignments

Allison Ford: Unavailable due to Saint Church assignments
All the same, but Kaempfer is busy due to Celestial Being assignments, as well as looking after his 1000 whelps.

Allie is free, as she is now part of Riot 6, so anything that applies to her would apply to R6. See below:

~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

Att: All force commanders and staff

Due to the availability of more characters personnel, the Riot 6 will be Rebuilt. As new posts open up, even more people are needed to fill the slots. As expressed by Advising Officer Marshal Kha, we shall be drawing upon the forces of Outer Cadia. Interested parties please read the following Orbat Chart carefully and notify the Advising Officer of your preferred post.

Lost Property Riot Force 6 Orbat Chart

Stars Squad

Stars 1: Takamachi Nanoha
Stars 2: Vita Yagami
Stars 3: Subaru Nakajima
Stars 4: Teana Lanstar

Lightning Squad

Lightning 1: Fate T Halaown
Lightning 2: Signum Yagami
Lightning 3: Erio Mondial
Lightning 4: Caro ru Lushe

Drake Squad

Drake 1: Takamachi G. Keroko
Drake 2: Tesla Yagami
Drake 3: Allison Ford
Drake 4: *OPEN* - Prefered to be filled by a Midchilda practitioner.

Zako Squad

Zako 1: Gard Redel
Zakos: To be appointed by Zako 1

Aerospace Defence Artillery Squad

Adder 1: Lionel McDouglas
Adders: To be appointed by Adder 1

Long Arch

While Admin Group is appointed, several other posts are now open. Additional officers are needed for:

Mechanized Group: Currently staffed by Alto and Vice.

2 additional choppers to be staffed. Bring your own equipment, or more Storm Raiders can be indented.

Jipnee drivers with Defensive Driving proficiency needed.

Tank commanders while welcome need special approval.

Medical Group: Currently staffed by Shamal. In need of more medics, and a chopper.

Special Investigations Group: Currently staffed by Zafira, with part-time contractor Yuuno Scrya. Needs more CSI-trained staff.

AOB: If a proposal is good enough, a special subforce can be created for you.
Old 2008-01-13, 05:51   Link #18464
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*grins* lol, we've got an uber tanker in OC already: Master Chief. I'm not sure the OFM would let him go away on TDY though....

Well, looks like RF6 is bigger now.....

Hmmm. investigations..... would you be interested in 1st Lt. Mikhail Dornitz? He's one of the OFM's intel people and interrogators.... profile will be made if you're interested.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-01-13, 06:28   Link #18465
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
This is why I don't like to write action.

Spoiler for Lyrical Melancholy Chapter 2 Part 1:
It still came out well though

Nice combat action on Reiz' part, with quite the tricks for Impulse there... too bad Ivey's just much better And as always, nice interactions, and though they're no-show, nice to hear about Halley and May again

Sidenote: Listening to "Exercise" and "Unknown" from the Gundam 00 OST back to back really sets the mood for the first half of this fic

Quote:
I think that would be MGLN ep11, when she became the first victim of the Starlight Breaker.
Really painful 200th hour then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
That is one thing that i did not compute... yet

but this may happen

Spoiler for TRAP vs TRAP:

*runs*

Somehow, I suddenly imagined them in a contest to see which one of them can keep their... manliness longer at the sight of each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X
Hmmm... 200th hour scenarios huh?

Kyla: when she singlehandedly took down 3 Mugan-B units in one hit

Others: still need to assess
Don't see what's 200th hour about that

Quote:

Offtopic: can you PM me the full name of your newly promoted grandfather?

My sister is asking for the name for her AP assignment
First, you're a generation off

Secondly, I'm not sure about this

Quote:

That's really the idea. It's just the fact that you WILL screw up eventually. Everyone does it. XD

I have 200th hour scenarios for my OC's already... and I don't even have to make new scenarios for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou
Noted. In the case of Smith, however, I can make the excuse that it wouldn't flow with the dialogue of that scene XD.
In that case though, simply no honorific use for the both of them

Quote:
My god I need to catch up with Gundam 00 .

Quote:
MSLNA is set to take place in MC0083, setting the Aces at 27 and everyone's favorite Vivio at the ripe mindfuck age of 14, I think. I need the Cadia's help in choosing an OP. I've narrowed it down to two options, presented below.

ONE please

Quote:
On a further note, I can't be the only one who correlates the UC timeline with the MC timeline, right? I keep expecting to see/read a fanfic taking place in MC0079...
You'e not the only one

So MSLNA is 0083: Stardust Memory? And maybe we can have the Nanoha version of the One Year War

Quote:
Aurion sure did.
Yup, THAT does qualify as a 200th hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R

Cute to imagine.
Now if only all of them can be made to materialize in the physical world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
P.S - On the topic of OPs, my favorite openings from the new series of the winter seasons has to be H2O's "Katayoku no Icarus" by Yui... Sakakibara >.>

Beautiful OP there!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Whoever can date the most males without getting discovered?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha

I was fighting Daybreak's Bell from taking Secret Ambition's place... But this...!!! OP2 found?!

*still working on Vice's AMV*

So I looked at the translated english lyrics and

The lyrics though can be considered a spoiler for a future scenario of mine!!!!!

Spoiler for Ash Like Snow Lyrics:

I need to get back to work on the Enforcer Exam Arc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Alight a rundown:

For the most of the 1st gen, Charlie left the force before Kha joined. He was Charlie's replacement. The old man left as he no longer believed in Celestial Being due to an incident. The Sanders died in a extra-vehicular mission gone bad, leaving Kha as the last Meister.

Kha was then joined by 3 still anonymous pilots transferred from another department. However, another FUBAR mission and some personal issues later, the 3 left the Silverna Team. When Kha was older, he trained 4 more knights in his Way. They are Gimmy (TTGL), Fye (Macross), Yui Hiro (GW) and the young Taiyo (MRR).

But the 2nd gen will return in StrikerS... And late Tiera will be replaced by someone we all know.
So that's where I remember the name Taiyo from

Though that's a lot of casualties on part of the Meisters there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
*imagines having to Flare often to catch Skyfall Shadowmelded with his prowling Cat.*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-13, 07:10   Link #18466
Jimmy C

Quote:
My theory is that the Infinite Library is in its own little pocket dimension, accessible through specialized entryways (akin to the Star Trek-ish transporters we see in action in StrikerS episode 14) that cut through sideways from this dimension to that.
You don't need specialized entryways for that. Just use whatever they use to move people between Mid and Main HQ. It's actually more troublesome if you use "specialized entryways" First problem is, why do you need them, why can't the Library be accessed by normal Transdimensional teleporter? Second is, did the TSAB make the entryways or did they come with the Library? If the former, why hasn't the technolgy been adpated for general use? If the latter, it would make the reception hall of the Library some kind of transdimensional intersection.
Either way, my opinion is I doubt the TSAB would assign quarters to personnel that would require them to teleport to get to their workplace. If the tech was commonplace enough to install in homes, it's a different matter (I've seen stories with the concept) But it doesn't look like the TSAB has that kind of tech available to it.

Quote:
This is due to what I'm assuming the Infinite Library to be: a dimension consisting of all information that existed and will ever exist, hence "infinite".
My advice is to steer away from thoughts of the "future". It's already something if every piece of information ever created by anyone, anywhere in the multiverse is copied into the Library. You don't need to add material from the future then bar people from it. Those barriers are just tempting people to break them.

Quote:
Now, if I'm completely incorrect, and the Infinite Library does not work this way, then I'm done. This is the absolute basic foundation on which my story is set, and if it isn't possible, then there will be no more story.
Not totally gone, I'd say. But with what we've been shown in MGLN so far, I doubt the TSAB will have personnel working in one dimension and living in another. Right now, that's my only problem with your story.
Old 2008-01-13, 08:09   Link #18467
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
You don't need specialized entryways for that. Just use whatever they use to move people between Mid and Main HQ. It's actually more troublesome if you use "specialized entryways" First problem is, why do you need them, why can't the Library be accessed by normal Transdimensional teleporter? Second is, did the TSAB make the entryways or did they come with the Library? If the former, why hasn't the technolgy been adpated for general use? If the latter, it would make the reception hall of the Library some kind of transdimensional intersection.
I'm assuming that the transporter thing is what they use to go from Midchilda to Main HQ, and that's what I meant by "specialized entryway", as opposed to a regular door.

I don't know how they go from Midchilda to Main HQ. For all I know they could issue everyone ruby slippers to tap three times.

I'm working on the assumption that the TSAB is sticking the entryways into Library-space, since they're the ones who defined it in the first place.

Quote:
Either way, my opinion is I doubt the TSAB would assign quarters to personnel that would require them to teleport to get to their workplace. If the tech was commonplace enough to install in homes, it's a different matter (I've seen stories with the concept) But it doesn't look like the TSAB has that kind of tech available to it.
That's the thing I'm assuming for the Infinite Library: that there is no way into it other than to "teleport" there.

Again with my assumptions: the Infinite Library is not some faraway place, the way Alpha Centauri is to Sol. It is technically right here, but "elsewhere", in that it is a different dimension. To go from one room to another, you step through a door, and to get from "real" TSAB-space to Library-space, you step through another sort of door.

The TSAB uses certain restricted spells which can create new entryways into Library-space wherever they choose, but this is not easy to do. Since they can put it anywhere, I figure that there would be one entrance in every major TSAB installation.

Now, if anyone else wants to use a spell to do the same, they can try, but everyone's going to know. It's like a room with, say, one doorway: you can call in renovators to build another doorway anywhere you want (even on the floor or ceiling, for basement/attic access), but it's going to be noisy and obvious.

Quote:
My advice is to steer away from thoughts of the "future". It's already something if every piece of information ever created by anyone, anywhere in the multiverse is copied into the Library. You don't need to add material from the future then bar people from it. Those barriers are just tempting people to break them.
The future thing is part of the concept I used for the Infinite Library, which is Borges's Library of Babel and a bit of Lucien's library in the Sandman comics: Library-space, without constraints, is the total of every book and piece of information that could conceivably have existed. This, to me, implies that future books would necessarily fall into its purview (I could have written a book by now, but I have not, but I might still be writing that book in the future, or someone else might have the same idea I had).

But it is impossible for humans to comprehend all this, and so current TSAB-discovered Library-space consists of a very small and tiny fraction of all these books. Insanely complicated barriers are put in place to prevent the rest of Library-space's natural reality from breaking through, and maintain a version of reality which will not drive any human in it stark raving mad.

Now, if someone were to try breaking these barriers, they would first have to contend with, well, the barriers themselves. Then they would have to try to find the one piece of information they're looking for out of all the ones out there, including the ones which may have been written, but will never be if another piece is taken out. And then they have to try to return to "normal" space.

If anyone tried breaking those barriers, all the librarians would soon know, and that person will probably not be able to make it back to face punishment in the first place.

Quote:
Not totally gone, I'd say. But with what we've been shown in MGLN so far, I doubt the TSAB will have personnel working in one dimension and living in another. Right now, that's my only problem with your story.
And my assumption is that personnel will be working in one dimension and living in another, because the dimension the Infinite Library resides in (in the same way water resides in the ocean) is not the same as Main HQ, not the same as Midchilda, not the same as Earth, and definitely not a place to live in. Divers work underwater, but they don't live there.

You will notice a lot of "assume" and "assumptions". This is because I've tried to discern from canon how the Infinite Library works, and have gotten nothing which contradicts the above, but nothing that confirms them either. I've also asked several times in this thread (and I think the Magic and Tech thread), and gotten no definite canon contradictions either.

But I still have no confirmation that there is absolutely no contradiction, and that makes me nervous.

EDIT: As for why Halley and May are living in East Base, that's because the 8th IAR, which is just the two of them, is the IAR unit (ie librarians) assigned to East Base. Halley and May take care of all the requests for info from the Infinite Library which comes from personnel stationed at East Base, and since they can access the Infinite Library as easily from East Base as from Main HQ (under my assumptions), that's the logical place they'll be staying in.
Old 2008-01-13, 09:02   Link #18468
Aaron008R

Quote:
Aaron kuroi...
Kuroi... Black?!

Quote:

Nice OP.

Quote:
Allie is free, as she is now part of Riot 6, so anything that applies to her would apply to R6. See below:

Due to the availability of more characters personnel, the Riot 6 will be Rebuilt. As new posts open up, even more people are needed to fill the slots. As expressed by Advising Officer Marshal Kha, we shall be drawing upon the forces of Outer Cadia. Interested parties please read the following Orbat Chart carefully and notify the Advising Officer of your preferred post.

Stars Squad

Lightning Squad

Drake Squad

Zako Squad

Long Arch

While Admin Group is appointed, several other posts are now open. Additional officers are needed for:

2 additional choppers to be staffed. Bring your own equipment, or more Storm Raiders can be indented.

Medical Group: Currently staffed by Shamal. In need of more medics, and a chopper.

Special Investigations Group: Currently staffed by Zafira, with part-time contractor Yuuno Scrya. Needs more CSI-trained staff.

I suddenly wanted to include Serena Avenir there...(my other planned OC in the past.)

Quote:
Yup, THAT does qualify as a 200th hour

Quote:
Now if only all of them can be made to materialize in the physical world...

Why not?

*flung away by rampaging mini-Hayate's*

Owww...

P.S. I just baptized the Fanfiction thread with their very first OC-10,000+ word BLUECHEESIUM Bomb in the form of GenerationS!

Though I'm getting the feeling that I'll be mostly ignored...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-01-13, 09:09   Link #18469
Tormenk

Quote:
And lots of men shall fall into despair once they realize T3H TRUTH

Quote:
Depends on how well you can visualize the area, and what exactly the teleported item does to the surrounding area... wouldn't want to get stuck in a tree you didn't think was there before
Well that was something I didn't think about before.

Quote:

Well I like this too. Acous's arrival would set up the conditions for the next part I suppose.

Quote:
Speaking of which, does anyone have a decently close date to how long Midchildans have been in space? Has is only been 150 years or so or longer than that?
Given their tech and history it's really hard to say. I'll hazard a guess to be more than 150 years.

Quote:
There will be more as the story progresses. Basically imagine Nanoha as very Shinji-like in the first part of the story.
Oh boy.

Quote:
Only Evafiction XD
Sweet reminders.

Quote:
That's really the idea. It's just the fact that you WILL screw up eventually. Everyone does it. XD
Interesting premise.

*runs off to think up scenarios*

Quote:
lol actually, this isn't the final cast. If anything, I plan on adding more people later, more OCs. This story is going to be huge (I'm shooting for fifty-two chapters.)

There will be two more shorts by me; the end of Sorairo Days and a thing involving Glen and Id (No name yet; probably Tooku Made).

That's really long. 0_0 As for the OP, I'm equally split between the two so take it as a swing vote then.

Quote:
Aurion sure did.
Not so much his fault as the circumstances dictated. Well same goes for Nanoha as well. Does her kidnap in GenerationS count as Hayate's 200th?

On that note, here's hoping GenerationS and other future OC-related works pick up in the new FanFic thread.

Quote:

Incredible OP!
I can't get enough of it. I'm already piecing the Nanoha version of it ready.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-13, 09:44   Link #18470
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Beautiful OP there!!!!

I've watched the first episode, it gives off a pleasant vibe... Like, Tokimeki or Sola (First half) ...

Quote:
WHOA WHOA! Hold your horses!

Bridget is way different from Jun in the sense that he's trying to become more manly!

Quote:
Kuroi... Black?!
It's a reference to D.Gray-man.

The main character Allen Walker is usually a nice, polite, and easy going guy... Except when it comes to anything about gambling, his entire personality would turn 'dark'.

Hence his friends would say, "Allen... Kuroi... "

Quote:
Nice OP.
Indeed

Quote:
P.S. I just baptized the Fanfiction thread with their very first OC-10,000+ word BLUECHEESIUM Bomb in the form of GenerationS!

Though I'm getting the feeling that I'll be mostly ignored...
You know what you should do? You should stroll in that like you own the place, proclaim with absolute confidence that,

"This is my latest fanfic. It's DEFINITELY better than Satashi's work!"

That would get EVERYBODY'S attention, and they would read your work to see whether a not your claims are true...

Hmmm, I think I should do that myself later... *runs off*
Old 2008-01-13, 14:20   Link #18471
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

It's a good effort, and I like how the charecters are rollin' and entertaining. The combat does seem somewhat... dry... but it's pieced together alright and we can tell what's going on. Somehow, I'm thinking dialogue and interactions are your strong points.

Meanwhile, here's Franz and Naomi's 200th hours:
Spoiler for 200th Hour:

Well, it's done. Worked on it through the night, through fatigue and bleary eyes. Not my best

work, at least to me. *sighs*
God, 3.05 AM here. I was wanting to get it done before midnight. Gotta get up in 3 hours too -_-

Explanations: O'Neil is making an inspection, Lance was doing a hostage rescue demo. Master Chief - two interpretations. One: he's so badass he never had a 200th hour. Two: He's had it and he doesn't know he's had it.

Well, night, y'all.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-01-13, 15:38   Link #18472
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Thank you! Now to find a computer with MS Word in the bloody lanshop...
use Google Docs instead, saves the pain of finding MS Office altogether.

Quote:
One more reminder why we call them "Trap".

Quote:
males hide then... if that will ever happen...

Quote:

Stars Squad

Lightning Squad

Drake Squad

Zako Squad

Long Arch

This is just for RF/MD (i still prefer to use the original translation) 6 right?

*plots carefully*

AX can- wait... Kyla did promise them transporters- though not in the form of conventional choppers though- more like the V-22 Osprey or the "jet powered" version of it that is similar to (some) the troop transports in Starship Troopers the Series. Faster and less likely to be attacked easily. Reminds me of this scene...

Spoiler for Ooops:

and what does AOB stand for?

For the Zakos, does it have to be ZAKUM armor? or other MS types? I can add a DRA-(C) M, Gerbera Tetra or a Gerbera Tetra Custom into the mix

Maybe, the Zakos can have their own "Sky Girls".

Quadra Lock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Creator-Kun

Quote:

Somehow, I suddenly imagined them in a contest to see which one of them can keep their... manliness longer at the sight of each other
Jun loses by default...

Quote:
Don't see what's 200th hour about that
Mugan-B = Antispiral Carriers for Mugan-A Attackers
Antispiral = hard to defeat without the necessary energy and weapons, even GL had a hard time beating just one before
Kyla = one 'puny' human, almost died in the attempt

now, does it compute?

either that or the time when...

Momoko Takamachi drags Creator-Kun out of the thread

Quote:
First, you're a generation off

Secondly, I'm not sure about this
Just the name

I dunno what teachers are thinking right now... it's only for a Grade School Assignment.

Quote:
Run Males, Run...
Old 2008-01-13, 18:40   Link #18473
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
You will... my fic LegendS is set to occur sometime in late 0078 or early 0079; maybe both, depending on how I can spin the timeline.

Quote:
Available.
I figured that Dauer would be available, the question was mainly aimed @ Kha and the 21st Trinity...but I thought that I'd make sure.

Quote:
I think there's something worse:

Artei: Kage ni NAAAREEEEEEEEEE!!!

*runs after Flames-sama*
Continuing the Tradition...

Arcas: Honou ni NAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Quote:
All the same, but Kaempfer is busy due to Celestial Being assignments, as well as looking after his 1000 whelps.

Great! I mean, not great, I was hoping Kha would be back in action, but it'll be nice to have at least 3 of the 21st...

Speaking of Allie, Artei, and Sophia, did you ever post spell lists anywhere?

I'm gonna need them (Artei & Sophia's, at least) for the fight scenes.

Quote:
It's a reference to D.Gray-man.

The main character Allen Walker is usually a nice, polite, and easy going guy... Except when it comes to anything about gambling, his entire personality would turn 'dark'.

Hence his friends would say, "Allen... Kuroi... "
Allen is not Allen when he's gambling... HE IS PURE EVIL!!!

Last edited by Reiji Tabibito; 2008-01-13 at 19:04.
Old 2008-01-13, 18:43   Link #18474
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Argh...I think I've forgotten how it feels to be drowned in backlog. Now that I am, I'm not sure how to handle it. Though to be honest more than half of the posts for the past 2 days weren't really relevant to my interest.

Only thing of note lately is the fiasco you-know-where. And even after a new beginning, I suddenly see you-know-who whining and been a jerk (as usual) because he wasn't getting his brand of coffee.

Lots of things to catch up. I didn't go through the thread much on weekends because they mean so much to me now. I tend to just spend my weekends now gaming and stuff. Have to go through Kagerou, dkellis, and Wild Goose's recent works. Will try to read them up soon and comment, if i don't get swamped by work that is.

Hope you guys enjoy the day. I however, am beginning to understand why people get "Monday blues".

Last edited by FieryAeon; 2008-01-13 at 18:58.
Old 2008-01-13, 20:18   Link #18475
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

*warps in from playing Soulstorm demo*

Off-topic note: Soulstorm's Dark Eldar are foul. In a good way, of course.

Quote:
So basically it goes like:

- First: Grunt Real Robots. (Gespenst Mk-II)
- High: Powerful Real Robots. (Huckebein 008R)
- Master: High-grade Real Robots/Super Robots. (R-1, Cybuster)
- Perfect: God mecha? (Ideon?)
Uhhh...as best I know, the jump from R-1 to Ideon is a HELL of a lot bigger than any of those other jumps...course, giant robot comparisons are always subjective at best, given that half of them are supernatural in some way or another. But I would think that last gap might not be that big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki
*suddenly has an image of Hayate with white gloves and orange tinted glasses sitting behind a desk with her hands stepped in front of her face...*
Isn't that supposed to be the pose of one of your OCs?
[Light]Katta...keikaku doori!...[/Light]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I'm sorry but a Beleg is something like a receipt or a voucher.
For slip you should go with Gleiter, even if it's not the most direct translation.

No problem.

Yeah... the evilness of Babelfish. Never trust Babelfish! xD

Sure no problem! Give me your list of Siegel (plural of Siegel is Siegel xD)

And yes:der Kleriker is absolutly correct
And our resident translation QA officer is as vigilant as ever. *spiral thumbs-up*

Quote:
Aaah, Hamaji, isn't it ... i see her gender is being discussed here To answer that question (provided it is needed)
Spoiler for regarding Hamaji:
Quote:
The answer to that would be: not in any foreseeable future. I prefer to work with the original characters. I am just prowling lurking around this place
Skyfall-sama has made two posts in this forum in the past few pages! Whodathunkit? You really should join the ranks...you will see the light eventually...*maniacal laugh*

As for the trap...I think I'd guessed she might be, given the recent trap fad. Seriously, what's with that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
Franz: "But where's Chief and Ivanovich?"
Naomi: "Baka onii-chan! Those two are the LAST people you use to comfort someone!"
Franz: "I dunno... we could always run her through Selection and SERE again, kick the ever living emo outta her..."
Naomi: "...sleep on the couch. You won't be needing it for a while. NAOMI KICKU!"
Now this is normal behavior for her, right?

Quote:
One sentence:

"If 'Es-' skills can be used against players, only a GTB card can save you... 50% of the time..."

SLs are basically immortal against monsters, give or take depending how, especially in Privies.

will not explain though...

and yes... i've also given "Bridget" a

Spoiler for LOLWTF SKILL:

Speaking of Bridget and continuation, why not begin the introductions?

Cosplay Queen Tomoyo Night?

or the TRAP?

*runs far, far, far...*
Ahhh...hah. That's a very...unique...ability. It's certainly original, but...it DOES smell rather of crack. Do you mix your own, or get it from someone else?

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali
Tis' a duty of the Hayate Fan Squad!!!

Isn't that our Collective's other name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
I'm following a similar idea, but I'm going with Norse Mythology in general instead of just one diety. And in my version, she'll admittedly may be less impressive than yours, since I'm going with the StrikerS' 'Hayate is helpless in on-on-one' idea and introduce ways to get her stronger in my story. (but believe me, I LOATHE 7arcs for reducing her to this!)
While I also think Hayate being "helpless" in one-on-one is excessive, I dont think its that much unrealistic. Hayate chose to become a Commander, a leader. She chose to disregard her close combat training in favor of commanding troops to achieve her objectives, instead of achieving them herself.

And even so, she has a very impressive nuke arsenal, from support spells like Atem des Eises to one that mirrors a bombardment of tactical nukes, Hslverg (I forget the spelling).

For a mage with such powerful long range attacks, it is only natural that her weakness would be close combat. Still, saying she is absolutely "helpless" is a bit too much, I agree. However, making her particularly "good" at it is also not good, in my opinion.
Ahhh, the glass cannon predicament. I guess I agree with Erio, but that was bugging me when I watched StrikerS. Yeah, Hayate is a bombardment specialist/commander, but if I was in her shoes, you bet your ass I'd take some kind of close-combat training. She's carrying a STAFF, it has SWORD in its name; at the least she could defend herself while calling for help or something simple.

Course, this is coming from the person whose OC has no ranged combat skill at all, so...

Quote:
Zomg! HAIL LORD IRON BALLS!!!
...what the fuck???

Quote:
TSAB Council Requirement #56: Is willing to have brain transplanted into tank to be kept arrive and active until completion of term (several centuries)
Does this come with the option of "giant robot hardwire" in the event of an emergency? If so, I approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C
I don't think Regius was the top head-honcho of GF. He was just a an Lt. General after all. According to the newscast in ep10, he's the Capital Defense Forces' Representative. Now, I'm proceeding on the assumption that he has some authority, hence he's the representative. I'd like to know what does the "Capital" cover, Cranagan City or the whole planet of Mid? He certainly has influence as the commander of GF's most important military district either way. Had the fiasco with Jail not happened, his next promotion might have been GF high command.
Him? High Command? I smell impending assassinations.

...provided he wasn't already decomposing. I got it - let's revive him and kill him again! (I hated that guy - political bullshit is actually a tenet of an OC-in-progress of mine.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose
Franz: "Hayate, it is time that I taught you the Rifleman's Creed. You need a gun. Seriously. And a good combat knife, or two, or three..."
Yup yup. Oi, Hayate-san, borrow this shotgun; just wait 'till the enemy gets kinda close, brace yourself, and pull the trigger. ...You're not afraid of blood, right?

Quote:

Well, it's not that bad! Don't sell yourself short.

Quote:
glad to be of fanservice

all we need now is a Reverse TRAP

is anyone willing to take the challenge- i know that i do... i have a pool of at least 2 of them
A reverse trap. I think I'd actually rather have that. By comparison.

Quote:
but this may happen

Spoiler for TRAP vs TRAP:

*runs*
Not gonna go here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear
Now that you've clarified it, it appears that everyone here in the OC who's served under the TSAB would've gone through the 200th hour eventually, no matter who they are.

hmmm....

*zips mouth*
Uh-oh...the 200th hour, eh...this could be bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal
YES. FOR THE LOVE OF [insert deity here], YES.

And here it is for those not yet enlightened.
Which is YOUR favorite rule?
Probably #14: The hero is not entitled to a last kiss, a last cigarette, or any other form of last request.
If ya catch the "hero", send him on his way and worry about honor later.
Although, that whole list is pure win and all the rules are excellent (and if half the villains out there checked this list out things might be more interesting), so it's hard to pick one favorite rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito
That's not what I meant? What I meant was...

<pauses, think>

...what the hell did I mean?
Heh, can't tell you how many times I have said/thought just that thing.

Quote:
It's a good effort, and I like how the charecters are rollin' and entertaining. The combat does seem somewhat... dry... but it's pieced together alright and we can tell what's going on. Somehow, I'm thinking dialogue and interactions are your strong points.

Meanwhile, here's Franz and Naomi's 200th hours:
Spoiler for 200th Hour:

Well, it's done. Worked on it through the night, through fatigue and bleary eyes. Not my best

work, at least to me. *sighs*
God, 3.05 AM here. I was wanting to get it done before midnight. Gotta get up in 3 hours too -_-

Explanations: O'Neil is making an inspection, Lance was doing a hostage rescue demo. Master Chief - two interpretations. One: he's so badass he never had a 200th hour. Two: He's had it and he doesn't know he's had it.

Well, night, y'all.
Ouch. That's some 200th hour. You're gonna make me wanna write one, too...

Quote:

Stars Squad

Lightning Squad

Drake Squad

Zako Squad

Long Arch

Oh, nice. Hmmm. I can volunteer Asuka, been meaning to get her out there more lately, anyway. Any combat post will do, as long as there's a fight to get into. That Drake Squad opening a problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Argh...I think I've forgotten how it feels to be drowned in backlog. Now that I am, I'm not sure how to handle it. Though to be honest more than half of the posts for the past 2 days weren't really relevant to my interest.

Only thing of note lately is the fiasco you-know-where. And even after a new beginning, I suddenly see you-know-who whining and been a jerk (as usual) because he wasn't getting his brand of coffee.

Lots of things to catch up. I didn't go through the thread much on weekends because they mean so much to me now. I tend to just spend my weekends now gaming and stuff. Have to go through Kagerou, dkellis, and Wild Goose's recent works. Will try to read them up soon and comment, if i don't get swamped by work that is.

Hope you guys enjoy the day. I however, am beginning to understand why people get "Monday blues".
Fiasco, eh? Won't pry. Cheer up soon, and all that good stuff. The backlog will be here always; if it gets too bad you can always just do what I do and wait till it settles down.
Old 2008-01-13, 21:26   Link #18476
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
*grins* lol, we've got an uber tanker in OC already: Master Chief. I'm not sure the OFM would let him go away on TDY though....

Well, looks like RF6 is bigger now.....

Hmmm. investigations..... would you be interested in 1st Lt. Mikhail Dornitz? He's one of the OFM's intel people and interrogators.... profile will be made if you're interested.
I suppose he can come in handy. A bigger place makes for a more fun and real workplace IMO.

I'd love to see Mikail's CV. After all, I've got some CSI inspired events in the High Council room.
Quote:
You'e not the only one

So MSLNA is 0083: Stardust Memory? And maybe we can have the Nanoha version of the One Year War
Who is going to star in her Char's Counterattack???

Quote:

So I looked at the translated english lyrics and

The lyrics though can be considered a spoiler for a future scenario of mine!!!!!

Spoiler for Ash Like Snow Lyrics:

I need to get back to work on the Enforcer Exam Arc....
Wow it's a little dreary to be a Rebuilt's OP. If I focus on Teana or Vice in the OP, it'll be perfect!

So first OP focuses on Erio, the next on Tea. Now to resist the urge for some overGAO in Subaru's. :eyesin:
Quote:
So that's where I remember the name Taiyo from

Though that's a lot of casualties on part of the Meisters there
Yeah, the Grade Project was even called "cursed" once. Lots of drama plagued it since the Grade's introduction. And I didn't even count how many test pilots got killed by the prototype Grade Stahlmut due to it's instability and tendency to overload the pilot's Linker Core with mana. Kha's Reactive ability to read the Stahlmut's energy fluxes made him the only pilot able to take the crushing accelerations, as well as to control and maximize it's potential.

Quote:

Quote:
I suddenly wanted to include Serena Avenir there...(my other planned OC in the past.)
What's stopping you?

Quote:
and what does AOB stand for?

For the Zakos, does it have to be ZAKUM armor? or other MS types? I can add a DRA-(C) M, Gerbera Tetra or a Gerbera Tetra Custom into the mix

Maybe, the Zakos can have their own "Sky Girls".

Quadra Lock >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Creator-Kun
Any Other Business

They start out without, as Midchilda is not under martial law. It's their version of being "Limited". They get their gear back when the PoW Act is invoked.

No Skygirls at the moment...

Quote:
Great! I mean, not great, I was hoping Kha would be back in action, but it'll be nice to have at least 3 of the 21st...

Speaking of Allie, Artei, and Sophia, did you ever post spell lists anywhere?

I'm gonna need them (Artei & Sophia's, at least) for the fight scenes.
Sadly... I never did. And ont until I get back to Aus in March...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Oh, nice. Hmmm. I can volunteer Asuka, been meaning to get her out there more lately, anyway. Any combat post will do, as long as there's a fight to get into. That Drake Squad opening a problem?
Basically, it's cos I see a pattern of Belka+Midchilda config of forwards in the Squads. While I can fill that spot with Setsuna F Seiei, I'd thot I'd give it to another Midchilda OC.

Asuka is welcome. I'll look up her folder.
Old 2008-01-13, 22:09   Link #18477
Ryand-Smith
Mecha Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Ryand-Smith Send a message via MSN to Ryand-Smith
Ok, I'll bite. I want to have my characters join, but before that, I'll post more into their development, and resolve my storyline. I tink I'll have Brian apply for Drake 4, with some IC storyline, and Aura will apply for Special Investigations Group, it does fit in with what I have planned, and hopefully can work with my idea of the inevatable investigaton into the stolen WildFalken...

And now Twin Bird Strike is playing in Totem (Linux, lol).
Old 2008-01-13, 22:12   Link #18478
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Ahhh...hah. That's a very...unique...ability. It's certainly original, but...it DOES smell rather of crack. Do you mix your own, or get it from someone else?

*runs*
In the Republic of Crack Philippines, we have a lot of sources, both natural and

*gets shot by LoweGear*

Well some of the concepts are taken from Online Games- FSZ recognizes them.

Some of them are taken from my private crack factory and some i buy from "suppliers"- I'm like a factory ship- self fishing though- so the product is of quality, even though the sources are from various areas.

Crack is Crack when produced, no matter where the raw materials came from, no matter where it is produced, and you get caught by the crack you produce.

I'm not yet finished building shim yet...

Quote:
A reverse trap. I think I'd actually rather have that. By comparison.
Someone like Kino from Kino no Tabi can do nicely for a reverse trap.

Quote:
Not gonna go here...
QUICK TO THE LART CAVE!!!

*gets shot by comedic tech support agents*

Quote:
Any Other Business

They start out without, as Midchilda is not under martial law. It's their version of being "Limited". They get their gear back when the PoW Act is invoked.

No Skygirls at the moment...
noted...

*plots the AX ground command*

Get Ready to launch the Gekko...

And Earl is an NAW in the Yellow Zone, where Bureau influence is like a flickering light... DOES COMPUTE

Yeah... try and insert a scene where someone 'Delivers' the power suits... yes, i can do that...

*goes to work*
Old 2008-01-13, 22:12   Link #18479
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

I know I haven't actually been very good at replying to all the feedback on my chapters, but rest assured that everything is being read and treasured. So treasured, in fact, that I'm actually copy-and-pasting them into a text file and re-reading them whenever I'm stuck on the next scene, to reassure myself that OMG SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY READING MY STUFF.

I didn't actually know that the 200th hour is an actual phenomenon with a name, other than the vague "sooner or later, there will be a screwup". Applied to the 37th, Ivey and Rancer have had theirs (not especially important to the story, but I might put it in for extra character development), Reiz is too new (and I'm not likely to chronicle hers when it happens, since it will pretty much be Insert Angst Here), and Nova never had one, and is unlikely to ever have a serious one, being, yanno, desk job.

Well, unless you count "getting pwned by Precia" as her 200th hour. It wasn't exactly her fault, mind.
Old 2008-01-13, 22:20   Link #18480
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Now this is normal behavior for her, right?
For Naomi who's 23? Yeah, normal. She's a gartsunderemoe who flits between tsuntsun and deredere like her 'sister' and mentor, Emili Nailo. But 12-year-old Naomi, who was shown in 200th Hour, is a lot more to the deredere side of her personality.

Quote:
Ahhh, the glass cannon predicament. I guess I agree with Erio, but that was bugging me when I watched StrikerS. Yeah, Hayate is a bombardment specialist/commander, but if I was in her shoes, you bet your ass I'd take some kind of close-combat training. She's carrying a STAFF, it has SWORD in its name; at the least she could defend herself while calling for help or something simple.

Course, this is coming from the person whose OC has no ranged combat skill at all, so...
That's why in Joint Training, Franz will suggest to Hayate that she get a gun. And then receive looks of great horror and shock (except from Fate, who's seen him and Order mages with guns before). Still, to borrow an example, artillery guns or MRLS don't have close combat forms...
Quote:
Yup yup. Oi, Hayate-san, borrow this shotgun; just wait 'till the enemy gets kinda close, brace yourself, and pull the trigger. ...You're not afraid of blood, right?
Especially if the shotgun fires High Explosive Anti Tank rounds.

Quote:
Ouch. That's some 200th hour. You're gonna make me wanna write one, too...
Such things, sadly, have happened in training accidents. SEAL Team Six's first casualty was a guy who'd been accidentally shot in the back by his shooting buddy, for instance.
Quote:
I suppose he can come in handy. A bigger place makes for a more fun and real workplace IMO.

I'd love to see Mikail's CV. After all, I've got some CSI inspired events in the High Council room.
Right, no problem! ^__^

Mikhail... looking for his profile. His background is that of military intelligence, though he was an MP in the Erusian military before he joined the TSAB. He has some basic crime scene experience but he's better at interrogation and sniffing out loose threads.

And like all OFM members, mages or not, he's a good shot with the MA5C rifle.

I'm actually considering a different weapon, the MA5D. It's basically the MA5C but with a 40-round mag, and the ammo display shows a computerised optical sight like the FN F2000, so it's a red dot sight with a mini-hud compass and ammo counter. You can also remove the intergrated optics to replace them with an ACOG scope.

...It would also appear that now the lastest new thing here is OCs going through their 200th hours...

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-01-13 at 22:45.
Closed Thread