AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-16, 13:30   Link #18601
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
And thus, a rogue dimension connecting to the Infinite Library would be akin to an island suddenly rising under that oil rig, without warning. Highly improbable.

How does the dimensional sea work? Does the usual concept of spacetime apply to it? If one wants to go from point A to point B in the dimensional sea, does one need the same sort of propulsion or physical calculations as in, say, Earth orbit? Is building the Main HQ in the middle of the dimensional sea the same as building a space station in realspace, or does it need special considerations?

I'm trying to establish if a random island can, indeed, sneak up on the oil rig.

-

To reiterate, for those who are just joining in this exercise in Helping DK Salvage His Story: I have a dimension with wholly different physical laws from those we are familiar with, which needs to be able to connect to the Infinite Library in a plausible manner, without the TSAB knowing about it until too late. The dimension itself is not sentient: it does not "want" to connect, any more than a rock "wants" to fall.
It would be more akin to said Oil rig drilling down in search of an oil pocket, only instead to find a habitable cavern beneath the surface both of the ocean and the bedrock beneath it

as a result, it would never be seen at all, but would still be there, subject only that there is a single, small link between the two (the drill pipe)

Cue cries of " I found Atlantis/ another sunken civilization!"

another possibility is that your Information dimension underlies ALL other dimensions. Since information is in essence the basis of pretty much all existence, it may be that your dimension is in fact echoed in all dimensions.

In which case, your Dimension would be the ocean floor itself ( or perhaps the bedrock beneath the ocean floor), essential for the formation of all dimensions AND the dimensional sea, connected to any and all of them on some level since they exist on top of it (perhaps via 'contracted dimension' type links) but totally unseen.

If this were true, it would be invisible to all other dimensions (can't see the wood for the trees syndrome.) and yet connected to them all, and essential for their existence.

Moreover, this ties in perfectly with Precia's idea that to reach Alhazard, she would have to destroy the fundamental firmament of dimensions, to reveal the interval to get there. Except instead of reaching Alhazard, (directly) she'd end up in your information dimension ( which, to use her terminology, would be 'the interval'), from which she could, if it still existed, then reach Alhazard, since This 'information dimension' touches all other dimensions, if she could find a way back out.

So, if, in our analogy, Dimensions are islands (or continents), and the dimensional sea is the seas, oceans etc, then the Bureau HQ station is an oil rig, the Infinite library would be the drilling room - and the only direct contact between these others and the sea floor, Despite the fact that they are all of them built on it!
Old 2008-01-16, 13:39   Link #18602
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
How does the dimensional sea work? Does the usual concept of spacetime apply to it? If one wants to go from point A to point B in the dimensional sea, does one need the same sort of propulsion or physical calculations as in, say, Earth orbit? Is building the Main HQ in the middle of the dimensional sea the same as building a space station in realspace, or does it need special considerations?
We don't know. We can asume it works similar to deep space, concidering there seems to be no gravity in the dimensional space.

Quote:
And thus, a rogue dimension connecting to the Infinite Library would be akin to an island suddenly rising under that oil rig, without warning. Highly improbable.I'm trying to establish if a random island can, indeed, sneak up on the oil rig.
Why would you want the entire island to sneak up on the oil rig? All you need is a connection.

Quote:
To reiterate, for those who are just joining in this exercise in Helping DK Salvage His Story: I have a dimension with wholly different physical laws from those we are familiar with, which needs to be able to connect to the Infinite Library in a plausible manner, without the TSAB knowing about it until too late. The dimension itself is not sentient: it does not "want" to connect, any more than a rock "wants" to fall.
It's hardly a matter of sentience, more like... radiowaves. So to say. The more information is gathered together, the better the 'frequency' of the connection between the Infinite Library and the Rogue Dimension will match, which eventually could establish a connection. Someone with the propper methods could 'tune' the frequency on his own, gaining acces to the dimension.

On the other hand, Stormturmoil's idea sounds good as well. :3
Old 2008-01-16, 16:48   Link #18603
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Well the Cradle cans its dead so that they can be properly buried later, I think. If I bring people back, I'll eventually "give them rest" so no DBZ indeed. I'd just love to see Saber really pissed. Whatever's the case, if I do bring Alistina back, it'll be just a shell that looks and acts like Alis, but has non of her memories. All her genes and physical strengths, and whatever Jail could've salvaged from her past, but no soul, so it's nothing but a biological robot. Same goes for all the other Numbers made using such a method.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
... Hesitant, very hesitant. One of the reasons I created Alistina and made her resemble Keroko was to give Keroko and Vivio the link I wanted to without going the 'incarnation through Project F' routine. Having Alistina return would be going along a similar path. I'd like a bit more information about this.
I'm not hesitant at all in fact I know exactly what should happen to this idea.

Die, plzkthx.

*grumbles irritably about zombies and how they won't stay dead*
Quote:
As it is, even keeping it liquid-to-liquid and solid-to-solid, there's still a lot of things one can do, like the aforementioned water-to-acid. Even keeping it in pure elements results in iron to plutonium, and keeping it at the same element would result in coal to diamond.

I was actually trying to come up with a way to explain how a certain character can turn up with a working home-made Device of his own creation every single time, even after the old one got destroyed, but matter transmutation (which I was thinking for the "I don't have the right materials" problem) opens up too many unwelcome possibilities.
First off all matter can be in any state at one time or another just look at a water, ice, and steam they are all exactly the same element merely in different states. Now turning a block of steel to vapor is a bit harder, but it's still possible without any kind of magic really you need just heat. (allot of it) So really any kind of "only one state to the same state" rule makes very little sense as the environment is largely what determines a elements state.

That said I'm going to go on record as adamantly AGAINST any kind of transmutation period outside of perhaps horribly complex ritual spells this being even vaguely possible for all kinds of reasons.

Quote:
I've thought about that, but this idea is contradicted by the fact that Nanoha could choose what her device looked like. It could be a combination of the two, where the matter is converted into energy, stored into the device and reasembled when called upon.
I think can explain all this in a unified theory, but this will be long winded.

I also tend more toward some kind of compress storage state myself otherwise as mentioned it’s really hard to explain why a device has any sort of “form” at all or how it can be “Broken” really it should be able to be anything at anytime and repair any damage pretty much instantly if it’s just “built” from scratch in mere moments anytime it’s deployed.

Also don’t be so quick to think Ferret boy instantly equals transmutation either ferrets and humans are at the more basic levels pretty much built out of the same stuff and it’s mainly a matter of mass that separate us. Also consider that we never see big puddles of water, piles of lose carbon, iron, etc when Yunno transforms matter doesn’t just vanish into thin air he sent it somewhere and it quite likely always carrying it around with him in some kind of magical “hammer space”. This then isn’t really transmutation (conversion of one element to another) its molecular assembly.

This is the key point molecular assembly is different from transmutation. Molecular interactions are the stuff chemistry is concerned with they can do ALLOT, but no chemical reaction is ever going to turn pig iron into gold for instance. Transmutation meanwhile is the act of acutally rearranging the very building blocks of the universe the fundamental particles that make up all matter which basiclly makes everything in the universe your bitch. You CAN make pig iorn into gold, or carbon, or uranium, or anything else you happen to want and if you’re really good you might even be able to stabilize or create new elements with bizarre, but useful properties. Concepts such as refining, raw materials, mining, etc are now outdated all you need is mass and you can make ANYTHING. If you are at this level you’re nearing god like power water into wine is the LEAST of what you could do just off the top of my head if you’re really advanced and sadistic you could say transmute a person entirely into a critical mass Uranium... or why bother with that since you’ve mastered atomic transmutation you can just turn him into californium-251 instead it’ll make a bigger boom.

If you can go even one further and produce actual matter out of energy… Break out the togas and start building your crystal spires since you’re officially god like. That said true transmutation (never mind energy to mass conversion) would require precise manipulation of sub-atomic particles which makes even the kind of molecular juggling above look like child’s play, and one dose NOT imply the ability to do the other.

So how dose this square with the somewhat vague “You determine the device form, somewhat.” It’s quite simple the device has a stock of raw materials in it these can be configured at the molecular level into a shape and form desired by the user. Even just this level would allow a fairly ludicrous (though not unlimited) variety of shapes to be made; however the device still has a finite mass and if its damaged and parts and bits are blown off it can not replace them itself it must be given the matter to replace this lost mass at a maintenance facility.

Going further even this level of juggling is probably not something the device can easily do on the fly and once locked into it’s assigned form it likely cannot simply totally change easily, a very capable device with good processing power might be able to store a few preset forms it can switch too fairly quickly however.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-01-16 at 17:32.
Old 2008-01-16, 19:11   Link #18604
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
I seem to recall this opening song being posted here before...

Oh, and just for the WTF?! factor...

And YES that is JAM Project, one of the most HOT BLOODED and GAR groups doing Mottetta! Sailor Fuku
1. JAKQ Yagami Dengekitai?!?!

Quote:
He's a contract artificer to the TSAB's science dept, and was attached to Riot 6 under Mariel and Shari.

But that's when he is in town, for most of the time he's working at either Merida Point, an island hideout on Midchilda, or aboard the Seraph. Aurion is after all the chief engineer of Celestial Being's Grade and persocon units, working with Chao and Linda Zwei.
Sounds good enough.

Quote:
Its more likely to be the reverse, really. Kha is pretty much the inventor of Crack Gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
That would be fairly limited due to their respective weapons style, as well as Hayate doesn't have the experience to put her power to use at close range.
Expect a crazy idea from me.

Quote:
Which just gave me the idea of how two colliding Black Impacts would be like.
Doesn't sound very nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Spoiler for Kansetsu Kisu:

*runs again*
Incestuous thoughts at it's cutest!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Kamen Rider Hero~ SANJYO!!!

TAXI LART SHELTER QUICK!!! </tech comedy>

Quote:
Andrei: You really wanted me or my forces to come in right?

Battle of Cradle: Lasting time: 10 minutes...
IMBAIMBAIMBAIMBAIMBAIMBA!!!!:eye spin:

Quote:
Gimme a sec...

OMG this just blew my mind.
Well... It's not really surprising since I already saw some dere-Soma pics in the past... But very nice, nonetheless!

Quote:
Nope she's 18. I just did not expect it. I hope she has met Yuuno on a few occasions before, helps to make for the dere.
Infinity Library visit. Yuuno helps her find some files.

Quote:
Necrophilia is against the law, Aaron.
This is double-killing; not necrophilia!

Quote:
Oh yeees.
Kinda ruins the whole point of Mage combat if you're using Gundams...

Quote:
~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

Here's a look at the massproduced Cleric-knight armor:

The Vex-class fighter suits are the next generation armor kit built on the successful (and horribly overworked) Casshern armor set Kha used.

This is usual configuration available to all Cleric-knights. Kha wears a modified version of the Vex suit over his inner vest-slack armor (the inner plating seen in my sig). His replaces the helm with the Casshern mask that has become the trademark of the Cleric (or the Copycat, whichever you prefer. ) and adds a commander's hooded cape running from under the shoulderblades down his back.

This system is a solid protection system made using Eternium battleship armor, and hence cannot be summoned like a Knight Armor. Instead, it requires the knight to be suited up at base, or carried in the Lunar Robe for later deployment. Since the latter option sacrifices space in the knight's magical backpack, and the suit's exhorbitant cost, the Vex suit is only to be deployed in the most dire of situations. One such incident where the suit has proved to be a vital component in the Cleric-knights' successes is in the run up to as well as during the Battle of Cradle.

While the other Knights just jump into their armor, Kha performs a consecretion ceremony everytime he puts it on, as the Vex suit, like his Casshern, is meant to extinguish the lives of the guilty, something that he believes can only be done if the executioner is at his purest. This ceremony while can be done alone, traditionally involves the wife of the knight to meditate over her husband's cleansing, and then help him get the heavy armor on...

At least this sounds far more plausible than the Gundams...

Quote:
The idea itself sounds reasonable... if not for the fact that after 300 years, there probably won't be much left of the body. The only reasonable explanation would be a clone of whatever genetical data that was left, but that's stretching things... I do know that I don't want an alive and kicking Alistina post-Belka. Alistina died during the fall, and she should stay dead. No DBZ-ing Alistina.
Quote:
Well the Cradle cans its dead so that they can be properly buried later, I think. If I bring people back, I'll eventually "give them rest" so no DBZ indeed. I'd just love to see Saber really pissed. Whatever's the case, if I do bring Alistina back, it'll be just a shell that looks and acts like Alis, but has non of her memories. All her genes and physical strengths, and whatever Jail could've salvaged from her past, but no soul, so it's nothing but a biological robot. Same goes for all the other Numbers made using such a method.
Quote:
... Hesitant, very hesitant. One of the reasons I created Alistina and made her resemble Keroko was to give Keroko and Vivio the link I wanted to without going the 'incarnation through Project F' routine. Having Alistina return would be going along a similar path. I'd like a bit more information about this.
Now you know how I felt when people insisted in bringing Almaria back or cloning her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post

Die, plzkthx.

Big explosion...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2008-01-16, 19:35   Link #18605
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I'm reading too much Techcomedy . com lately- being a Tech Agent as well...

All i need is one more month and then i can gun for a much better position *cough*supervisor*cough*or*cough*QA*cough*

*RUNS*

Quote:
IMBAIMBAIMBAIMBAIMBAIMBA!!!!:eye spin:
Creator-Kun: That is why i don't want to bring him in unless necessary... his role in all of my fics have been just teacher/adviser/signing papers/making decisions... so far...

Andrei: Yeah... teacher to Kyla, adviser to Kyla, signing papers for Kyla (esp when asking for just a bit more funding- when the bureau has their stingy periods), making decisions for Kyla- but rarely followed... Ren, take over please... i'm going to my Family for a moment... about a month or so.

Quote:
Kinda ruins the whole point of Mage combat if you're using Gundams...

At least this sounds far more plausible than the Gundams...
for me, i prefer mixed combat...

I prefer Gundam suits rather than the actual MS

Yes, i love Gundam girls...

*gets shot*
Old 2008-01-16, 21:52   Link #18606
Reiji Tabibito
The OTHER Time Lord

Quote:
Let's see...which hammer do I use THIS time...?

Quote:
Ok, this is a ref to the ancient arcade sniper action shooter Shogeki. Sak-chan calls Vice Shogeki-tan as a nod to the game she knows about snipers, and her trademark -tan suffix. Aurion is "Hakase-tan" and Chao is "Piggy-tan" for example.
It's because she addresses everyone else as "Something-tan" that she is one of the two beings in the universe who can get away with "Arc-tan..."

Quote:
We can even have those MinamixYutaka dere interactions from Lucky Star between the bubbly Allie and the solemn Serena!!!
Oh God, not again...

Quote:
Oh, I don't know...maybe...this guy...

Spoiler for Here:

He reminds me of someone...

do the names Bright or Eclipse mean anything to you...?

Quote:
I have no idea, but in the Epilogue, Fate, Shari and Teana work there, it's probably where an Enforcer is stationed and wait for missions, since they do have missions that take them to other worlds.
Gotcha.

Quote:
I guess so
Cool!

Quote:
*runs from Reiji's Morality Hammer.
Let's see... Hammer of Infinite Pain... Lightning Hammer... Hammer of Divine Justice... Anywhere Hammer... AHA!!

MORALITY HAMMER!!

<picks up>

Saaaint... I have a special PRESENT for you...!
Old 2008-01-16, 22:09   Link #18607
Tormenk

Quote:
Actually, a red patch means the wearer is a former Rogue.
Bigger woops here.

Quote:
As long as you give them a name, they suffice to make you go 'poor guy/girl'. Real tear jerking drama is the stuff that requires more effort.
Those are really rare lately. Well maybe not since Clannad does come to mind.

Quote:
As long as Wing 1 stays alive, its all fine with me.
I'm sure he will but that would depends whether he's still Wing 1 by the end of it.

Quote:

Spoiler for Here:

Keith? Colt?

Quote:
Actually, Lucky Star's version is "Motteke! Sailor Fuku", which means "Take it off! Sailor Uniform"
While JAM's version has "Mottetta!" meaning "I took it off!"

....I think
Sounds like some raunchy exchange.

Quote:
Hmm...
Well, it would be...

Trinity 1: Maren
Trinity 2: Minawa Koji
Trinity 3: Minawa Yui

*runs*
The ungodly crack that comes from Gundam.

Quote:
~~~~

Ok...here's a shortie that I made up last night

*runs again*
Air-y feeling here. Possible flashback for Yui later on?

Quote:
If possible, I'd like it to be more like an alternate persona rather then Neltharion himself. I've already stated that while its able to heavilly influence Keroko, the shard of essence has no personallity, no memories. If it were to form a persona, it would be based on Keroko, not Neltharion.
I would try for another 5 mins of crack to try and represent Keroko's alternate persona but since I'm all out of juice lately maybe later.

Quote:
It is, most of the real battle will be mage warfare, not mecha. Conventional weapons will be present though (this ain't the TSAB after all, and they're at war to boot).
Mage warfare will be the interesting parts but since conventional weaponry are involved, won't something like artillery play a fair part as well?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-01-16, 23:07   Link #18608
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
*sees Tshouryuu replacing Ginga-plushies with Hayate plushies*

I think you've got it backwards.

Quote:
*Artei licks the blood off Monohoshizao*

*Snickers while holding the pack of ketchup.*

Quote:

Yeah. The work of a sniper.
Well, Mana from Negima can take multiple sniper shots in a short duration of time, is that still sudden?

Quote:
Nope I'm fine! This has been in the pipeline for ages ever since we decided to link the Infinite Library to the Library Island!
Damn...must resist Negima crack.....Yue *is not incoherent due to fatigue*

Quote:
But if you want crack, it's a Neltharion-Keroko "Allelujah Haptism" split personality.
Hmm...that would be freaky.

Quote:
Ah well, crack pairings are fun.
That they are, I suppose.

Quote:
Not really, I've a few pieces of images in my head to use right away for this kind of thing!

We can even have those MinamixYutaka dere interactions from Lucky Star between the bubbly Allie and the solemn Serena!!!
Sounds fun.

Quote:
Her pigtails, and that Sak-chan first met Chao pigging out on some fried bee hoon. Trust me, Chao does not like being called that, but no one can resist the randomness of the cuddly UD over time.
Did Chao had pigtails? I only remember the chinese buns. Damn I gotta find some time to read the manga again it seems.

Quote:
Binding girls up in his private Reality Marble and then taking advantage of the situation, yeah?
And using Will Breaker on them. "You will submit to me~~"

Quote:
~~~New intelligence data updated~~~

Spoiler for Eyes Only. Destroy After Acceptance.:

*dodges anti-crack fire*
Somebody call the crackbusters.

Quote:
Spoiler for Plushies?:

I want the one in waitress uniform!!!!

Quote:
[FlameSparkZ]Sabaki!!![/FlameSparkZ]

*borrows Astaroth and chops up Kha's already decapitated body further*

Actually rather than FSZ its more like a Sister Hell quote.

Quote:
Its more likely to be the reverse, really. Kha is pretty much the inventor of Crack Gas.
A walking crack gas refinery. Damn. Somebody save us!

Quote:
That would be fairly limited due to their respective weapons style, as well as Hayate doesn't have the experience to put her power to use at close range.
She just has to know how to adjust the mana to pour into a strike. Heck she could even channel raw mana into her staff and use it like a some bat and knock someone away. Not very elegant, but hey it works.

Quote:
Which just gave me the idea of how two colliding Black Impacts would be like.
1 word. Boom.

Quote:
Yuunoha potential indeed. I intend to give some of that in the future as well.
Interesting.

Quote:
A's ep 7 I think. Vita going Takamachi Nan-to-ka.
When Vita was trying to escape via teleportation?

Quote:
DB would at least be slower than AS given its required power and charge time. On that matter, Plasma Lancer probably edges out AS more in speed.
Granted, but DB is still a lot faster than a lot of energy blast spells I've seen so far, barring Fate's own lightning series. But its logical for lightning spells to be faster, lightning is naturally fast after all. What Fate lacks is probably the raw power in energy spells, hence the preference for melee.

Quote:
Busy busy busy probably describes the situation now best.
I suppose so.

Quote:

*runs again*
Oh ho? Interesting, do you have more where that came from?
Old 2008-01-16, 23:26   Link #18609
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Spoiler for Here:

Who's this supposed to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ
Hmm...
Well, it would be...

Trinity 1: Maren
Trinity 2: Minawa Koji
Trinity 3: Minawa Yui

*runs*
The Father
The Son
And the Holy Spirit
Together, they are one

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ
~~~~

*runs again*

Interesting piece... and once again FlameS delivers the insesuto

Quote:
Gimme a sec...

OMG this just blew my mind.

Dere Santa Soma is

Although I didn't expect Char in the background

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
~~~New Intelligence Data Updated~~~

Here's a look at the massproduced Cleric-knight armor:

The Vex-class fighter suits are the next generation armor kit built on the successful (and horribly overworked) Casshern armor set Kha used.

This is usual configuration available to all Cleric-knights. Kha wears a modified version of the Vex suit over his inner vest-slack armor (the inner plating seen in my sig). His replaces the helm with the Casshern mask that has become the trademark of the Cleric (or the Copycat, whichever you prefer. ) and adds a commander's hooded cape running from under the shoulderblades down his back.

This system is a solid protection system made using Eternium battleship armor, and hence cannot be summoned like a Knight Armor. Instead, it requires the knight to be suited up at base, or carried in the Lunar Robe for later deployment. Since the latter option sacrifices space in the knight's magical backpack, and the suit's exhorbitant cost, the Vex suit is only to be deployed in the most dire of situations. One such incident where the suit has proved to be a vital component in the Cleric-knights' successes is in the run up to as well as during the Battle of Cradle.

While the other Knights just jump into their armor, Kha performs a consecretion ceremony everytime he puts it on, as the Vex suit, like his Casshern, is meant to extinguish the lives of the guilty, something that he believes can only be done if the executioner is at his purest. This ceremony while can be done alone, traditionally involves the wife of the knight to meditate over her husband's cleansing, and then help him get the heavy armor on...

Ooooooh Armor, MELIKE

Quote:

Die, plzkthx.

Ah the trusty JDAM

Zombies are easy: shoot em in the head. It's Orks that are difficult

Quote:

*gets shot*
I like both, but then Gundam girls are hotter than Gundams

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-16, 23:39   Link #18610
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Backlog Breaker.

Saga: Tri-Heart Break, Version II!

DARKNESS MOON BREAK.

Spoiler for :p:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
And while they dont have direct influence on TSAB politics, they do have direct influence on those in charge of the politics, especially Regius, do they not?
I don't think they have direct influence over them, per say... Those at the top are closely associated to the Council, and I think the Council just tries to use those politically alligned or powerful to their desires. I'd say they have some influence, but not without some 'win-win' situation for both parties.

Quote:
Nanoha is injured too, remember? :3 While she was allowed to train, Shamal did say she had to take it easy, I highly doupt she'd be flying dangerous missions during recovery time.
Actually, I can see her going on 'dangerous' missions that require first class aces, but not regular ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I believe so: Fate and Accous are Agents, IIRC.

The way I've always approahced things is that Agents are like the US Army CID's Special Investigators: they have almost unlimited legal power and authority in chasing after their targets, but need to work within the system due to a lack of command authority...
What about Hayate's Special Investigations status then? Her uniformed posting prior to StrikerS showed her blue, and officially within the Main Branch posting, but doesn't really speak much of her official work status.

Quote:
This is why I don't like to write action.
Hmm... well, there's not much action there anyway. But it does leave some questions about... if it uses the similar simulator system as with sets up the training grounds, what's the difference anyway between A or B or whatever?

Quote:
This is due to what I'm assuming the Infinite Library to be: a dimension consisting of all information that existed and will ever exist, hence "infinite". Since humans deal poorly with actual applications of infinity, though, the Library has been constrained with all sorts of specialized and powerful barrier spells (hello there Yuuno) to converge onto a manageable set of possibilities. Much of what TSAB knows as "history" is based on going through every book (or other data medium) in that small space and cataloguing it. Now and again, an expansion is announced, and work on the Library stops while they attempt to open up the accessible Library-space to more information.
Thus far, it doesn't seem all that bad. While personally, I'd put the naming as JUST namings-sense, the idea itself is okay, so long as TSAB's grasp on non-controlled aspects of the past and future are of extremely minor understandings, something that is kinda beyond human and computer abilities, because as much as I.L houses information and probably is linked to every information control structure of all Admisnistrated Worlds and probably some external factors, data is limited to generally what is constrained under known times.

I think the safest way to intregate the whole 'difference' thing between I.L space and the Main Branch is that it's a 'there' inside the sea. It's there, but 'it' works differently from conventional space of everything else there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Have you actually seen Nightengale's latest stint for 00's episode 14?

Now THAT's CRACK

Spoiler:

*runs*

Quote:
Wee… Started classes again last week so been busy, busy figures the thread starts really moving again at that point, read most of the backlog don’t feel like commenting on much since allot of it is like a week old now.

Okay that came out WAY bigger then I intended, crap 2,000 words in like an hour! Would that I could pump out fiction that fast…
Holy fuck. *saved*

Quote:
For those who are looking for references, crack and fun, it'll be a feast; For those who want a strengthened but focused remake of StrikerS, there's gonna be a coherent story marrying canon and fanon, and an ending that marks the beginning of bigger things to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
This is why Pilot-who-shot-his-sister (oh what's his name again) uses something that's similar to a sniper rifle. He exploits both ergonomics and barrel containment. Which is probably why his shots are some of the highest velocities in the series.
Personally, the staff design seems to made to befit all-around level of capability. Vice was said to a out-range specialist and probably nothing else, which makes him far more effective for him to use an actual shooting-orientated weapon.

If we assume that regular C-B mages are mostly all-rounders, they don't really need ergonomics if a slight degree of magical tech assist in overall accuracy (( they're larger than regular bullets as well )), while still being fitted to be able to be used close range, and long-ones.

Of course, it's still NOT ergonomics, but whatever.

Quote:
As Keroko has said, according to the epilogue Nanoha gave up the promotion to spend more time with Vivio. That pretty much indicates that the promotion would have tied her up more, leaving her with less time for Vivio.
Actually, I think by giving up the promotion, she actually has LESS time for Vivio. She'll have more less time with Vivio anyway, since she sent her to the Church school. It's mentioned in the SS.

Besides, it's clear that Nanoha' rejection of promotion also puts her back in the place she wants to be most and is most comfortable, in the seats of a trainer. And we know just how tedious her trainer work-life is. But she loves it.

Quote:
What do we know for certain about the Infinite Library, in absolute trivial detail?

Sources if possible, please. I will be asking and challenging and asking again, because this time, I do not want to get anything wrong.
Hmm... very little.

First, the one direct entry to it, is at the Main Branch. One does not need to be an official TSAB staff/etc to enter and read the books there... so long as there's connection, like Vivio. It is convinient to reach from Mid-childa, since Vivio seems to spend a lot of time there. The staff there seems mostly to be capable of flight. It has a lot of information, though a bulk of information prior from TSAB's formation is probably scattered and badly organized. No implications of A.I, though it is computer-regulated as well, not just books. As far as an info-hub goes, its central system is probably connected to all information database on all Admistrated Worlds.

That's all...I think.

Quote:
The problem is that for sources, I have the three seasons of anime, the A's manga (which I can't find right now), and... that's it. I technically have the sound stages, but I can't understand them. Anything else, I have to ask those more knowledgeable for help.

And of the sources I do have and went through, none of them have anything much about the Infinite Library.
That's the problem. Canon doesn't care much for I.L, other than 'lol information database' so we know jack about it.

Quote:
Things I absolutely need to work as it is:[*]There is a dimension, or at least a realm, where pure information can exist without media, and the Infinite Library is connected somehow to this dimension.[*]The TSAB does not know about this information-dimension. It may suspect its existence, but not for sure.
Possible. The limits to what Nanohaverse is capable of is not very properly drawn. Something like that isn't far-fetched. And of course TSAB doesn't know about it, otherwise they would've bothered to give a damn about the Library, which they did not, until Yuuno came in. Even then, I doubt he improved it by 100000%.

Quote:
Things I can work around:
  • Halley and May being on East Base, if the only entrance to the Infinite Library is in Main HQ. I can just say that they're the liaisons between East Base personnel and the librarians who actually are working in Main HQ; also, it's already stated in chapter 1 that East Base can commute to Main HQ without much difficulty, so if they need to check something in the Infinite Library, that's not a big problem.
  • The Infinite Library personnel possibly not actually being part of TSAB, and not part of military structure. I can just excise all mention of rank from the 8th IAR, since it's only a name. Halley's antics are just as valid for a civilian as for an actual Captain. Alternately, I could mention that they're just courtesy ranks for admin purposes.
  • Matter transmutation is possible. Doesn't have to be easy, just possible. If not, then I can think of another way to get past the problem.
If Vivio can commute easily, why not them? And last I recall, Yuuno is not officially a TSAB officer, but a civilian treated as a TSAB staff due to his work-role and status, and is free to a degree of military secrets. However, other librarians seem to actually wear TSAB uniform.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-01-16, 23:43   Link #18611
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:

Zombies are easy: shoot em in the head. It's Orks that are difficult
WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Quote:

[Russian accent]I am Heavy Weapons Girl, and this...is my weapon. Some people think they can outsmart me...maybe. Maybe. But I have yet to see anyone who can otusmart...the BULLET![/Russian accent]

Sorry, I just had to. It was more fun than reading HW. By the way, what's a "Lounchaer?"

*runs*
Old 2008-01-17, 00:57   Link #18612
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Well, well, well. Look who's back after a week of hiatus. And no, I have no intention of tackling the backlog as I just had to decide to visit this place after spending my absence at village.

Well, are we there yet? To the 1000th page?

===============

Quote:
Where's everybody?!

Fine! be that way!!! Double post, HASSHA!!!

Part 1.

Spoiler for MSLN: GenerationS: Chapter 1: Part 1:
Quote:
Part 2...

Spoiler for MGLN GenerationS: Chapter 1: Part 2:

Spoiler for Notes:

Comments? Please do tell me if there's too much OOCness.
Ah, the good old days of bluecheeism. And this looks promising, although I can't see how it will end.

===========================

Quote:
Look who I found lurking around a certain Non-Administered World with a new hairstyle!

*tumbleweed rolls by*

Nobody's gonna get this joke will they?

*runs*
Subaru? Hayate? Tesla?

============

Quote:
Even without her Magic, even without her title of White Devil, Takamachi Nanoha is a power to be reckoned with...

Quote:
It's a bit sad what carck I can come up with:
Spoiler for On call:

Franz is walking wih restrained pissed off and dangerous aura because canceled Valentine's Romantic Dinner = No sechs.
Until her tsuntsun power appeared, of course.

Oh, my. I can imagine this now.

Quote:

I am the primer of my cartridge.
Steel is my jacket, and mana is my bullet.
I have primed over a thousand cartridges.
Unknown to jamming, nor known to misfire.
Have withstood pain to load many Devices.
Yet, these hands will never know peace.
So as I load,
Unlimited Cartridge Works.

=========

Quote:
Crack, CRACK, SENTAI CRACK BUSTAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Hyapyaku Hyakuju
Senban Sembuu
Zenryoku Shouchou

Ei! Ei! EI!

Hyapyaku Hyakuju
Senban Sembuu
Zenryoku Shouchou

Ei! Ei! EI!

FIYAAAAAAA!!!! SHOKKU BOMBAAAAAAAA!!!!!

XD
Sentai, heh? I'd go for this instead, though:

"Gaban!! Abayo namida, Gaban!! Yoroshiku yuuki!!
Uchuu Keiji...
GAAABAN!!"

USB500 runs.

One thing here: I think I will have to rewrite the entire post-Tears of Northern Wind events (because I can, of course ), considering how I have to reset most of the ridiculous things firsthand. Besides, with the Siberian Saga almost complete, I have to consider how the story's new path will take place.

Well, excuse me while I update my Super Robot Wars LW. >__<
Old 2008-01-17, 01:48   Link #18613
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Spoiler:

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
Greenskins... where there's one, there's a hundred of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal
[Russian accent]I am Heavy Weapons Girl, and this...is my weapon. Some people think they can outsmart me...maybe. Maybe. But I have yet to see anyone who can otusmart...the BULLET![/Russian accent]

Sorry, I just had to. It was more fun than reading HW. By the way, what's a "Lounchaer?"

*runs*

And Lounchaer? I think you mean Lawnchair

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Well, well, well. Look who's back after a week of hiatus. And no, I have no intention of tackling the backlog as I just had to decide to visit this place after spending my absence at village.

Well, are we there yet? To the 1000th page?
And look who's back

Don't worry, we'll get there eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
Subaru? Hayate? Tesla?
Subaru

Quote:
Sentai, heh? I'd go for this instead, though:

"Gaban!! Abayo namida, Gaban!! Yoroshiku yuuki!!
Uchuu Keiji...
GAAABAN!!"

USB500 runs.

OH SHI-

I REMEMBER NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Shame that my memories of Gavan have been overshadowed by this equally awesome Metal Hero:

UCHUU KEIJI!!! SHAIDAAAH!!!!

On related note for Flips, DEATH TO ZAIDO

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-01-17, 01:57   Link #18614
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:
And look who's back

Don't worry, we'll get there eventually

Quote:
Subaru
Ah, naruhodo.

Quote:

OH SHI-

I REMEMBER NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Shame that my memories of Gavan have been overshadowed by this equally awesome Metal Hero:

UCHUU KEIJI!!! SHAIDAAAH!!!!

On related note for Flips, DEATH TO ZAIDO

One more reason why they and Kamen Rider Black are my childhood heroes.

This reminds me to finish DaiRaiOh Akira's profile. Hmm... a Metal Hero OC, perhaps?

Because I have something to do with SRW:

Oh, boy, I can't imagine how awesome this really is.

Need Irui's version, though.
Old 2008-01-17, 02:11   Link #18615
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

One more reason why they and Kamen Rider Black are my childhood heroes.

This reminds me to finish DaiRaiOh Akira's profile. Hmm... a Metal Hero OC, perhaps?

Technically we already have a Metal Hero OC

*looks at Kha's Vex Armor*

And yes, you better get Akira movin'... I have a feeling she'd want to meet some new... concepts of mine

*zips mouth*

Quote:
Because I have something to do with SRW:

Oh, boy, I can't imagine how awesome this really is.

Need Irui's version, though.

CLASSIC

*cries tears of hotblood*

Although Ryuusei's SRX version was awesome too

Old 2008-01-17, 02:24   Link #18616
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Quote:

Technically we already have a Metal Hero OC

*looks at Kha's Vex Armor*

Well, I forgot we already have.

Quote:
And yes, you better get Akira movin'... I have a feeling she'd want to meet some new... concepts of mine

*zips mouth*
I see if I can work on it.

Oh, new concept, eh? Looking forward to it.

Quote:

CLASSIC

*cries tears of hotblood*

Although Ryuusei's SRX version was awesome too
I know.
Old 2008-01-17, 02:42   Link #18617
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
It would be more akin to said Oil rig drilling down in search of an oil pocket, only instead to find a habitable cavern beneath the surface both of the ocean and the bedrock beneath it

as a result, it would never be seen at all, but would still be there, subject only that there is a single, small link between the two (the drill pipe)

Cue cries of " I found Atlantis/ another sunken civilization!"

another possibility is that your Information dimension underlies ALL other dimensions. Since information is in essence the basis of pretty much all existence, it may be that your dimension is in fact echoed in all dimensions.

In which case, your Dimension would be the ocean floor itself ( or perhaps the bedrock beneath the ocean floor), essential for the formation of all dimensions AND the dimensional sea, connected to any and all of them on some level since they exist on top of it (perhaps via 'contracted dimension' type links) but totally unseen.

If this were true, it would be invisible to all other dimensions (can't see the wood for the trees syndrome.) and yet connected to them all, and essential for their existence.

Moreover, this ties in perfectly with Precia's idea that to reach Alhazard, she would have to destroy the fundamental firmament of dimensions, to reveal the interval to get there. Except instead of reaching Alhazard, (directly) she'd end up in your information dimension ( which, to use her terminology, would be 'the interval'), from which she could, if it still existed, then reach Alhazard, since This 'information dimension' touches all other dimensions, if she could find a way back out.

So, if, in our analogy, Dimensions are islands (or continents), and the dimensional sea is the seas, oceans etc, then the Bureau HQ station is an oil rig, the Infinite library would be the drilling room - and the only direct contact between these others and the sea floor, Despite the fact that they are all of them built on it!
The "ocean floor" premise sounds promising, but it would seem to imply a major lack of understanding of dimensional science on the TSAB's part, which seems odd compared to how much they seem comfortable with it to build a pocket of reality in the dimensional sea. Then again, humans do odd things anyway. (See: Humans using Heechee tech in Frederick Pohl's Gateway.)

Quote:
We don't know. We can asume it works similar to deep space, concidering there seems to be no gravity in the dimensional space.
But just because there's no gravity (again, simplistically speaking, for the physics nitpickers out there) doesn't mean that it works "similar to deep space". For example, is the dimensional sea even Euclidean in geometry?

I'd find it unlikely, but then unlikely things happen all the time in fiction.

Quote:
Why would you want the entire island to sneak up on the oil rig? All you need is a connection.
A connection which the TSAB does not know about, but which they inadvertantly instigated, even if unintentionally.

Quote:
It's hardly a matter of sentience, more like... radiowaves. So to say. The more information is gathered together, the better the 'frequency' of the connection between the Infinite Library and the Rogue Dimension will match, which eventually could establish a connection. Someone with the propper methods could 'tune' the frequency on his own, gaining acces to the dimension.
Exactly.

I just mentioned sentience to head off any misunderstandings about this information-dimension being actively malevolent. It just is, and its being connected to the Infinite Library is not bad as such, but Circumstances Converge to make it a problem.

Quote:
Hmm... well, there's not much action there anyway. But it does leave some questions about... if it uses the similar simulator system as with sets up the training grounds, what's the difference anyway between A or B or whatever?
They're bigger, and farther away from "civilization". I'm not sure how loud high-powered magic can be.

Training Ground D is actually pretty small; you know the big area shown in StrikerS which RF6 was using? That's about the size of Training Ground A and B. C and D are maybe about half to a third of the size. From what I can tell, the training simulator can create more space upwards (buildings and whatnot), but not outwards.

Mostly, though, it's just redundancy. If a rank D wants to practice in Training Ground A, they're perfectly free to, assuming they booked it already.

Quote:
Thus far, it doesn't seem all that bad. While personally, I'd put the naming as JUST namings-sense, the idea itself is okay, so long as TSAB's grasp on non-controlled aspects of the past and future are of extremely minor understandings, something that is kinda beyond human and computer abilities, because as much as I.L houses information and probably is linked to every information control structure of all Admisnistrated Worlds and probably some external factors, data is limited to generally what is constrained under known times.

I think the safest way to intregate the whole 'difference' thing between I.L space and the Main Branch is that it's a 'there' inside the sea. It's there, but 'it' works differently from conventional space of everything else there.
That's what I'm trying to figure out: is the Infinite Library a Special Dimension of its own, or is it just a big collection of books? The former I can spin to my uses, but the latter is an impassable wall.

The "every piece of information ever, but what the TSAB uses and can ever use is constrained to what is known" is exactly my original implementation of the idea. It got shot down, though, hence all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on my end.

Quote:
Hmm... very little.

First, the one direct entry to it, is at the Main Branch. One does not need to be an official TSAB staff/etc to enter and read the books there... so long as there's connection, like Vivio. It is convinient to reach from Mid-childa, since Vivio seems to spend a lot of time there. The staff there seems mostly to be capable of flight. It has a lot of information, though a bulk of information prior from TSAB's formation is probably scattered and badly organized. No implications of A.I, though it is computer-regulated as well, not just books. As far as an info-hub goes, its central system is probably connected to all information database on all Admistrated Worlds.

That's all...I think.
Okay, thanks. Anyone else?
Old 2008-01-17, 04:37   Link #18618
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
*waves* Welcome back, Hikki-kun!!!

*cough* anyway, I finally finished Sorairo Days. I'm so happy now, I can go to sleep XD.

Spoiler for The Liberation of Belzac, Part Two:
Old 2008-01-17, 06:10   Link #18619
FlameSparkZ
紅い矢は茨の如く

Quote:
and Bridget's Half male...

DOES COMPUTE!!!
*RUNS*
No it doesn't!

Half male................*thinks*....................m-masaka...

Quote:
Incestuous thoughts at it's cutest!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
He reminds me of someone...

do the names Bright or Eclipse mean anything to you...?
No, not really

Here's a hint: Wyvern
His name is a shorter version of that word

Quote:
Gotcha.

Quote:
Cool!Let's see... Hammer of Infinite Pain... Lightning Hammer... Hammer of Divine Justice... Anywhere Hammer... AHA!!

MORALITY HAMMER!!

<picks up>

Saaaint... I have a special PRESENT for you...!

Quote:
Keith? Colt?
Chigaaaaau!!!
Shin kyara desu!

Quote:
Sounds like some raunchy exchange.

Quote:
The ungodly crack that comes from Gundam.
Hmm...I never saw Gundam
It's more like, elemental trinity: Fire, Wind, Water

Quote:
Air-y feeling here. Possible flashback for Yui later on?
Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Actually rather than FSZ its more like a Sister Hell quote.
Well, Sister Hell's version is "Kami ni Sabaki wo"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Oh ho? Interesting, do you have more where that came from?
Who knows...I tend to invent interesting things just before I go to sleep

Quote:
Who's this supposed to be?
Yeah...still wondering if I should introduce him or not...he is insanely powerful, the only things that stops him from being so are the seals he was on him (scarf, gauntles, greaves, and invisible tattoos too)

Quote:
The Father
The Son
And the Holy Spirit
Together, they are one

*runs*

Quote:

Interesting piece... and once again FlameS delivers the insesuto

Quote:
Backlog Breaker.

Saga: Tri-Heart Break, Version II!

DARKNESS MOON BREAK.

Spoiler for :p:
Nice

~~~~

Well, let's see if I can get some work done
*runs*
Old 2008-01-17, 07:05   Link #18620
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Die, plzkthx.

Yeah, that. Anyway, the idea is for Alistina to stay dead. She can show up in one of Jail's testubes as a corpse, but only as a corpse. Jail could have used her genetical data for whatever purposes, but Alistina stays dead.

Quote:
So how dose this square with the somewhat vague “You determine the device form, somewhat.” It’s quite simple the device has a stock of raw materials in it these can be configured at the molecular level into a shape and form desired by the user. Even just this level would allow a fairly ludicrous (though not unlimited) variety of shapes to be made; however the device still has a finite mass and if its damaged and parts and bits are blown off it can not replace them itself it must be given the matter to replace this lost mass at a maintenance facility.
Actually, *jerks thumb to A's 2, around the 10:45 mark* as long as the main core is not severely damaged, they can generate aditional mass to repair themselves. This is why I prefer the conversion of energy into matter explanation, as it is technically exactly what we see. Bardiche glows, becomming energy, adds aditional energy, reforms back into matter.

Quote:
Now you know how I felt when people insisted in bringing Almaria back or cloning her.
Yes. Yes I do.

Quote:

*gets shot*
Agreed. There's something about girls in high-tech armor suits...

Quote:
Those are really rare lately. Well maybe not since Clannad does come to mind.
Ah, yes. The end of Fuuko's arc really hit home. Lovely.

Quote:
I'm sure he will but that would depends whether he's still Wing 1 by the end of it.
Again you misunderstand. Rogue Squadron flies in 3 wings of 4, Wing 1 exists of the core Rogues: Wes, Tycho, Jun and Phanan.

Quote:
I would try for another 5 mins of crack to try and represent Keroko's alternate persona but since I'm all out of juice lately maybe later.
If I wasn't pressed for time, I'd photoshop one.

Quote:
Mage warfare will be the interesting parts but since conventional weaponry are involved, won't something like artillery play a fair part as well?
That's the idea.

[QUOTE=FieryAeon;1346807Did Chao had pigtails? I only remember the chinese buns. Damn I gotta find some time to read the manga again it seems. [/quote]

Yup, the chinese buns had short pigtails attached to them.

Quote:

*saves*

Quote:
Actually, I can see her going on 'dangerous' missions that require first class aces, but not regular ones.
I actually see the reverse, the more dangerous the mission, the higher the pressure, I think her friends wouldn't stand for her to get into combat.

Quote:
You're recreating chaos out of something we'd just settled. We know the Infinite Library is inside the Main HQ, I don't see why we have to asume its a different dimension all of a sudden.

Quote:
Spoiler:

*runs*
Go Rein!

Quote:
Actually, I think by giving up the promotion, she actually has LESS time for Vivio. She'll have more less time with Vivio anyway, since she sent her to the Church school. It's mentioned in the SS.
Which is why I don't understand how a promotion would have given her more time with Vivio. Another promotion would have meant more field work, instead of training work. I don't see how this meant she would have more time to spend with Vivio.

Quote:
Besides, it's clear that Nanoha' rejection of promotion also puts her back in the place she wants to be most and is most comfortable, in the seats of a trainer. And we know just how tedious her trainer work-life is. But she loves it.
Actually, according to the manga, being a training officer is nowhere near as stressfull as what was shown in StrikerS.

Quote:
Hmm... very little.

That's all...I think.
We have no proof that the Infinite Library even existed before the TSAB, we do know that it has been neglected for far too long. Neglecting propper archiving of information for a few months is already disastrous for a normal sized archive, neglicting the propper archiving for an information archive as vast as the Infinite Library is disastrous.

Quote:
But just because there's no gravity (again, simplistically speaking, for the physics nitpickers out there) doesn't mean that it works "similar to deep space". For example, is the dimensional sea even Euclidean in geometry?

I'd find it unlikely, but then unlikely things happen all the time in fiction.
We. Don't. Know. Things like the details of dimension space, or how it works were never stated. We can only asume it works similar.

Quote:
A connection which the TSAB does not know about, but which they inadvertantly instigated, even if unintentionally.
*jerks thumb to Stormturmoil's idea* sounds good to me.

Quote:
That's what I'm trying to figure out: is the Infinite Library a Special Dimension of its own, or is it just a big collection of books? The former I can spin to my uses, but the latter is an impassable wall.

The "every piece of information ever, but what the TSAB uses and can ever use is constrained to what is known" is exactly my original implementation of the idea. It got shot down, though, hence all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on my end.
Big collection of books. But that doesn't mean ideas are impossible, like I said, a big collection of books is still a lot of information gathered together. Your dimension could still connect with it.
Closed Thread