AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-11, 06:36   Link #19541
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Vita is the sidekick of the Queen of Braves, and so you'll definitely love the next one...

Cos who comes after Stars 02?
Vita being a sidekick really.... really doesn't compute.
Old 2008-02-11, 06:42   Link #19542
Sheba
Must Bury Qiqi

Quote:
I don't really have any directions on choosing a good name

dkellis: You can try exotic things like Hindu, Aztec or even Celtic mythology.
Old 2008-02-11, 06:57   Link #19543
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
Vita being a sidekick really.... really doesn't compute.
Actually, Vita has always been a No. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Less books, more TV.
Old 2008-02-11, 07:14   Link #19544
Sheba
Must Bury Qiqi

I am more of the more books less TV school.
Old 2008-02-11, 07:16   Link #19545
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
I'm trying, but like I said, it ends up being too pretentious. I mean, "Midchilda" and "Belka" are not, as far as I know, references to anything. "Al Hazard" is a weird case, since I don't know where it first came from, or if has anything to do with the Lovecraft mythos (Abdul Alhazred and such).

Besides, if it's too obvious, I'm sure that someone will catch on, which leads to too many inconvenient questions about why the 97th Non-Administered World has a myth which happens to turn up as the name of a lost magic system.

And yes, definitely more books. More TV if you really feel like it, but definitely more books.
Old 2008-02-11, 07:26   Link #19546
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually, Vita has always been a No. 2
But, but being used by Subaru doesn't compute. It's more Vita whacking Subaru....
Old 2008-02-11, 07:30   Link #19547
Sheba
Must Bury Qiqi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I'm trying, but like I said, it ends up being too pretentious. I mean, "Midchilda" and "Belka" are not, as far as I know, references to anything. "Al Hazard" is a weird case, since I don't know where it first came from, or if has anything to do with the Lovecraft mythos (Abdul Alhazred and such).
There were a nation in Ace Combat called Belka and have a loose german inspiration. Call it coincidence or what not.

As for the names, well, fantasy authors, like Howard (Conan), drew their inspirations from various ancient or fictional civilization or mythologies. Tolkien took from finnish or norse tales for his mythos. So.. don't be complexed. As long as you write it well, it should work.

Quote:
Besides, if it's too obvious, I'm sure that someone will catch on, which leads to too many inconvenient questions about why the 97th Non-Administered World has a myth which happens to turn up as the name of a lost magic system.
You can go for the Stargate solution, aliens posing as gods that kidnapped humans and moved them on another planet. And mentionned humans develop a civilization while borrowing from various cultures they contacted, as a form of atavism.
Old 2008-02-11, 07:38   Link #19548
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Keroko: I've been reading your dating sim as well. but I haven't got to vote yet. I'll try to join in around Tuesday.
Take your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
As for Zachariah, I'm pushing his age upwards a decade, just because I was stupid before and thought "late forties" looked like "late fifties". I'm also going to say that he's also rank S, because I need him to be able to change records and data as a matter of course. (Remember, villain. A really focused one.)

When I said that he could think about getting past a firewall, I meant exactly that: he just needs to go "oh, a firewall, let's go through that", and he's through. He just needs one bit to be received, and he can do anything he wants. That bit is like a ridiculously small payload, complete with its own methods for covering his tracks.

Encryption (and by extension cryptography) doesn't even slow him down. The only thing which does is unplugging the network entirely from whatever he's using to gain access to it.

He's learned enough to make at most two attacks on any given system: one to find out what the architecture and any security is like, and the other to do everything he wanted to do in the first place, all planned out beforehand. He is not infallible, but the larger the bureaucracy, the less likely his edits will be detected.

Essentially he can walk up to a TSAB computer connected in any way to personnel records, and suddenly he has a complete record of existence in the TSAB, complete with pay and rank benefits. Now, this does not prevent anyone after the fact from wondering if they've ever seen this person around before, even if everything in the database swears up and down that he's there all legally and normally. (Now, as for written records, that requires yet more espionage, and a spare janitor uniform.) Zachariah can give himself a million dollars in his bank account for fictitious services rendered, but if someone actually decides to do a full audit, they're going to get suspicious.

Like most webs of lies, close scrutiny makes it fall apart. In fact, that's an essential part of the story, thanks to the Intelligence department.

Also, Zachariah has what can be considered as an Inside Man. That's why Intelligence hasn't made too much noise about this yet, since they want to catch everyone involved.
I like this guy, mainly because the way he manipulats data really reminds me of the idea I had for Coil Magic, which was basically a magic system focussed on data processing and materialization. The limits put on it also seem solid (like how he can't just make himself a general, for example, because everyone would start to wonder why the hell they haven't seen him before)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Ashcroft: Very intriguing, I will indeed challenge her to a game of chess. We shall discuss such matters as would suit intellect of this sort over the checkered battlefield.
Xena: Uh, Keroko, that means he wants to cha-

-BASHHH-

*Ashcroft SMASHES Xenahort into the wall with a Ninjitsu Hammer Blow to the solar plexus*

Ashcroft: For Great Justice. And Great Revenge.

*Xena says nothing, he'll take the next few weeks to fully recover, judging from that bloodied mass that he looks like right now*

[Mage Telepathy] Keroko...I think...I might included Tesla...in...my...fic...[/Mage Telepathy]
Sure, go ahead.

Quote:
[Gawain] O, now as I lay slain doth mine eyes see clearly [/Gawain] (Very ironic considering Xena's current state)

Okay, in short, I realized that I can't see signatures. It must be my computer.
Could be your forum options. Try going to your CP, forum options, and see if you have 'see signatures' checked.

For now, though, here you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Spoiler for Who knows about aircraft, VICE! And other stuff:
Now that's a lot better, Vice really does strike me as the aircraft maniac who would know such things.

Hayate's casual comment towards mass-based weapons irks me, though. Like I said before, both Nanoha and Hayate have been exposed to Mid culture since they were nine. I can't just see them shrug of the idea of a mass storage for mass based weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Spoiler for Cartridge Ejectors Techical Merit:

(This one's a bit of a toughy. I don't want to just dump the paragraphs outright, but I had to correct them. I think I got the feel right with this alteration... should convey they know their systems really well, but just never thought of them in a purely 'its a machine' sense.)
Still not buying the idea of the cast (especially Nanoha) not realising the consequences of cartridges or malfunctions.

The idea that she apreciates that someone sits down to thorougly test the systems does sound like her, though.

Quote:
Grandis: Gotcha!()

Hayate: Ah~!

~~~

Hayate: Mmmph~MMMPPHH!!!

~~~several seconds later~~~

Grandis: Douda?! Looks like I win!

Hayate:

XD

*RUNS!!!*
Now why did I like Grandis so much again?

*looks up*

Oh yeah, that's why.

Quote:
Sorry for the double-post...

Anyway... Might as well post the nerfed ability data...

Spoiler for Ability:

Nerfed spell-list. The sigil preceding the names of the spells signifies whether the spells are Mid-Childan ro Neo-Belkan.

Spoiler for LONG!!!:

I'm welcome to suggestions and criticisms and will adjust if needed...
Oooh, nice spell markers. And you reminded me that I needed to add some extra stats to my spells too.

Field Manipulation now has a larger explanation as well, which is much apreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodius Trueheart View Post
A quick question:

What level of power do you guys envision Vivio as? I tend to see Vivio in light of her battle with Nanoha, and thus around S+ to SS (I kind of believe the Relic didn't actually add any power to her - just accelerated her magical potential, showing us a rough outline of adult Vivio's abilities, but that's just my feeling.)
Depends on the Vivio we're talking about. If its the 6-year-old Vivio, I see her magic rank somewhere around S, mosty due to her defense. Relic-powered teenage Vivio should be somewhere around SS, probably SS+.

Quote:
Speaking of Nanoha, is there an argument that canon Nanoha > canon Hayate in terms of raw power? Considering that, while in the middle of an AMF, Nanoha was firing through powerful metal (and possibly magically reinforced) bulkheads about the length of 2football fields, and then, fighting the genetic copy of who is presumably a very powerful Belkan mage at full power, while Nanoha herself couldn't have been more than 60-65% power, and winning with a full powered 5x Starlight Breaker. Of course, the lack of damage to the ship itself is strange, but that may be a product of the fact that she wasn't trying to "blow through anything"

Hayate is high end, sure, but in terms of raw power, can she really do anything Nanoha can't?
Let me put it this way: Remember Hraesvelgr? Remember the power it had? A single shot could easilly be compared to a Divine Buster, and Hayate was spamming them. In terms of raw power, Hayate far surpasses Nanoha.

Quote:
Assuming we have to seperate "power rank" from "Mage Rank", since they reflect two different things, and considering someone Zest (who iirc was NOT unisoned with Agito at that exact time - correct me if I'm wrong here) was detected at S+, the same rank that Nanoha and Fate are at, what would you conclude Nanoha/Fate, and for that matter, Signum and Vita are at in terms of raw power?
Actually, Mage Ranks are raw power. For example, nine-year old Nanoha wit no knowledge and expertise in magic, millitary or combat knowledge was quickly ranked AAA by Amy. True, if you want to obtain such rankings officially, you'll have to do a bit more then that, but raw powerlevels are often ranked with Mage Ranks. This means that, while someone can be ranked as an S-ranked mage, he or she can still be beaten by a AAA mage if the AAA mage simply has more combat experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

*plugs nostrils*

SYMMETRICAL DOCKING!!!!

Requesting MOAR.

*runs*
Working on it.

Quote:
So she's based on Lindy? Even more WIN!!!
Yup, I wanted a girl with a long poytail, and the first image to spring to mind was Lindy.

Quote:
Well I was thinking child-soldiers. Even Al Qaeda were using them.

Ok jokes aside yes I do know what that means.

Good thing we once indulged in so much Warhammer crack before. It made me realize that what's better than a tank or a mech is a either precisely destructive mage, or well-protected one. It also taught me that having an entire force made up of a variety of infantry-type units dealing with strategems from tanking to heavy-hitting to even healing is enough to cover every strategem we now think of. Need repairs? Send the mechano-medic. Need some fire FX in a sudden hot zone? Sling on that magical equivalent of a portable artillery cannon. Need armor? Just wear it then. And best of all, they work in teams, think on their feet and can literally go anywhere not smaller than themselves and take on things bigger than themselves.

Everyone would be reasonably protected with Barrier Jackets and Knight Armor. 'Frames would allow the infantry to carry heavy weaponry we now mount on tanks and aircraft while giving them the same armor as a vehicle would. And at the same time out-manueveur the machine the infantry was supposed to replace. Tanks would be replaced by big guys in hulking metal suits carry tank guns. Aerospace fighters would double as boarding parties.

Technically, in this perfect world, only vehicular transports would be needed at all. No tanks, no attack choppers, no fighters, no attack vehicle smaller than a Gunship-class battleship. A combined-arms force would only have transports, battleships in orbit providing precision fire-support and massive AOE, while flying infantry gain aerial superiority, with a very varied infantry or infantry masquerading as mecha winning the ground war.

Ace-level infantry would be crucial, and I believe that the TSAB will have entire special forces of them, where even the lowly Private is an A rank. Nanoha, Fate and Hayate's caliber of mages would be out there in the air, only because they were screwed by the AMF that they seem so weak. I've also worked with Kha being at the lower end of an Ace's power, having only attained the title by virtue of his versatility.

But of course like the USA having US Marines as well as a US Army, to have all-A-ranked Special Forces means having an entire swarm of under-Bs. They'd probably have too much of the under-B's to be in active forces, but due to them wanting to make every mage theirs, the TSAB would probably draft them into Reserve Cavalries all over Ordered Space and deploy them as the last line. These Reserve Cavalries would serve more for monitoring the mage population and spot up and coming Aces to push into command or Special Force.

This is my latest rethink of the Nanohaverse, and to get the Rebuilt picture right from the start I better air this now.

Is this acceptable? What flaws are there in this simplistic military world view?
Hmm, it actually sounds pretty damn similar to what we have seen. I say this is a go.

Quote:
I feel like I just got smacked on the head with a harisen.

How about repeated dreams of being robbed then murdered?
Why does she need a -completely unsuported, I might add- dramatic reason to be tsun at all?

Quote:
Let's keep going!

STARS-02
Rebuilt of Vita

WTB Better portrait. ^^;
Spoiler for Vita, Dark Iron Count:
Served with copypasta drenched in integra-sauce, as always.

Objections? Criticisms?
Do we need the Gurren Lagann copypasta? It kinda completely demolishes Eisen's personallity.

Oh, and I much rather see Vita doing a Goldigant Crusher solo. :3

by the way, do you need a Keroko rebuilt profile as well?
Old 2008-02-11, 07:39   Link #19549
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Backlog crashing later, to start of, Syn's Alpha profile:

Spoiler for Syn Virage: MSLN Alpha version:
*thumbs up*

Syn at 14 is a tough girl who gets things done her way. As much as it doesn't build up into what people would usually call the "lady-like" attitude, I think she grows up just the right way. Being tough, sometimes, is a blessing most people can't find. Melikes her very much!

Though, "lesbian freak couple" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Time for the first post of my new OC

Spoiler for Demonstration:

And an omake
Spoiler for Afterwards...:
Masterfully done. All the forms fit in their intended tasks, and Ryotaro certainly makes his presence felt. I just hope the doctor leaves enough of him to be recognizable at the end of day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hey what's this? An honest to goodness profile from Lowe? What's going on here?

*ehem*

Right, less talk, and more PROFILE TIME

And this first part is for the FIERY ADVENTURER

Spoiler for length:

Updated with Personality section. Skills, Devices and Abilities next!
WIN!

She's certainly fire, flame, and explosion!

I like the part where she practically lives Super Sentai. It fits her characterization very well, and her ability to switch personality for different occasions is certainly legendary. Let's just hope none of the businessmen actually crossed her ire and become uh, "butchered".

And yes, Power Rangers, you're officially out. For good.

Quote:
First try on a OC, it took me longer than I expected.

Spoiler for Foreword:

Spoiler for Character Data:

Spoiler for Pic:

Spoiler for Generic character information:
Ah, this is certainly an interesting character. Discreet and inconspicuous, fitting for an Intelligence officer that does a lot of snooping and black marketing, even if it's within TSAB. Kind of like a Leona antithesis, in any case, though the lady herself has tried to make herself inconspicuous rather unsuccessfully.

I'd really like to see him in action.

Quote:
Guess it's time I start my own division...

Designation: Division 66, NERV

Affiliation: TSAB Ground Forces

Founded: May MC 071

Commander: Colonel Kouzou Fuyutsuki

HQ Location: Cranagan, Mid-Childa

Equipment: 1x XI Class Warship Longinus, 2x JF-700 Helicopter

Function: Locate, secure, and neutralize rogue Lost Logia/Relics within Mid-Childa as well as high-threat Lost Logia/Relics on other worlds.

History: Division 66 was founded in May MC 071 shortly after the airport disaster. Although it had been proposed just a month prior, the proximity and scale of the Lost Logia/Relic airport incident made it clear to the TSAB council that an organization would be necessary to police local threats to avoid another disaster. The original proposal was drafted and backed by Lt. General Regius Gaiz and as such is under the direct control of the TSAB Ground Forces. This also limited the range of movement of the organization to Mid-Childa, although a clause was later added to allow their jurisdiction to reach to other worlds should there be a potential high-level threat.

The overall division is quite small due to its specialized objectives. They occupy a single 2-story structure just outside the main TSAB Ground Forces HQ with a pair of hangers for the helicopters and a single training structure in the rear. As of their founding, the main forward forces consist of 1st LT. Shamsel Nagisa and 2nd LT. Ryotaro Nogami. Some questioned the use of an experimental system for such an organization, but they were all quickly dismissed by Lt. Gen. Gaiz saying that it was a proven system he had investigated himself and worthy of such a roll.

Despite the intentions of the division, there were several rumors questioning its founding. One sprung from the fact that, after being initially set aside by the Council as not a priority, the airport disaster occurred and practically paved the way for its rushed approval. Second was on the backer, Lt. Gen. Gaiz. Rumors already existed of his dislike for the Navy as well as of the young Hayate Yagami. Many found it odd for him to propose such a group when word spread of Hayate contemplating a similar division of her own.
Gaiz certainly knows how to worm his way through protocols, though I'd rather say that's pretty standard for most TSAB higher-ups. And this does set your protagonists at odd angles against Hayate and company, but it sparks an intriguing exchange when the two meets. Whether they end up as foes or friends is certainly interesting to follow through.

=======

With the discussion on "magic feeling" (yet to coin a suitable term, I'll try to cook something up) ended, I can now return to continue with my story.

And just for teasers, I developed some new spells for Hayate (Belkan wordings courtesy of Kyral the Official Belka Scriptor ).

Spoiler for New Spells for Hayate:

Last edited by PhoenixFlare; 2008-02-11 at 09:17.
Old 2008-02-11, 08:08   Link #19550
Tormenk

Quote:
Do note that relics are supposed to contain tremendous amount of power. So I don't think that was only Vivio alone. and SS+ sounds about right.
SS+ is a tad high even for the SK. No doubt she should have a massive mana pool and she did break Nanoha's defences bare-handed but other than that, no other ability Vivio displayed during that short duration would warrant a SS. S+ is more probable imo.

Quote:
No. Nanoha was using the Blaster System which pretty much cranks up her power sky-high (i.e. way, WAY beyond her normal capacity). That's how she managed to pretty much out-class Vivio inthe match. However, the strain was tremendous + her actual magic potential got damaged as a result. Her magic is now 8% less.

Nanoha was holding back after all so..

Quote:
Depends. If it was just plain blasting a beam (as in Starlight Breaker or anything similar), I'd give Nanoha the definitive advantage despite Hayate's overall greater mana and output. I don't think Hayate can pull off a 5X Breaker just like that. But, if it were nukes, Hayate far outclasses anyone in canon except Reinforce the first... or maybe Precia Testarossa in her prime... or maybe one of the Three Legendary Admirals provided one of them's a powerful nuker...
I always did wonder if the Aces is able to pull off a cross-dimensional attack like the one Precia did on the Asura in S1..

Quote:
Depends on the Vivio we're talking about. If its the 6-year-old Vivio, I see her magic rank somewhere around S, mosty due to her defense. Relic-powered teenage Vivio should be somewhere around SS, probably SS+.
I do suppose rare skills and the like would go a long way towards a rank because of raw ability like mentioned earlier but again nothing else she's done has displayed prowess in fields like bombardment/combat like Hayate/Nanoha to merit a rank that high.

Armor of the Saint King is powerful but kind of uncertain. Iirc, she has to take a hit before becoming immune to that attack. Considering that and Quattro's comments back in ep 12, Vivio would be in bits and pieces had Nanoha not blocked it on time unless she's survived a shot of S rank physical damage before.

Quote:
Let me put it this way: Remember Hraesvelgr? Remember the power it had? A single shot could easilly be compared to a Divine Buster, and Hayate was spamming them. In terms of raw power, Hayate far surpasses Nanoha.
Nanoha => intensity
Hayate => area

Quote:
Actually, Mage Ranks are raw power. For example, nine-year old Nanoha wit no knowledge and expertise in magic, millitary or combat knowledge was quickly ranked AAA by Amy. True, if you want to obtain such rankings officially, you'll have to do a bit more then that, but raw powerlevels are often ranked with Mage Ranks. This means that, while someone can be ranked as an S-ranked mage, he or she can still be beaten by a AAA mage if the AAA mage simply has more combat experience.
Wait for the day when a AAA mage beats an S rank mage at his/her own game.

---
@Aaron: Read the profile and I'll comment on it properly later. Great job for now.

@Kha: ReBuilt Vita seems fine aside from the combined-goldlion hammer attack. It just seems..weird.

Sorry for jumping in like this. Proper backlog breaker later when I have more time. Hopefully Saya-chan doesn't grow too fat by then.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-02-11, 08:15   Link #19551
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
*thumbs up*

Syn at 14 is a tough girl who gets things done her way. As much as it doesn't build up into what people would usually call the "lady-like" attitude, I think she grows up just the right way. Being tough, sometimes, is a blessing most people can't find. Melikes her very much!

Though, "lesbian freak couple" ...
Yes, in MSLN: Alpha, Vivio doesn't get the hero worship many expect her to get. In fact, due to the fact that she proudly declared she has two 'mama's' she is often accused of being lesbian. Add to that her mult-colored eyes, and she is quickly labelled a freak. Syn isn't much better off, being quite tall and always wearing an eyepatch (under which she hides her own multi-colored eyes, only her blue one is visible). The fact that she is really close friends with Vivio, and that she is rather sharp mouthed, quickly labelled the two as the 'lesbian freak couple'.

Quote:
With the discussion on "magic feeling" (yet to coin a suitable term, I'll try to cook something up) ended, I can now return to continue with my story.

And just for teasers, I developed some new spells for Hayate (Belkan wordings courtesy of Kyral the Official Belka Scriptor ).

Barring the last one, sounds good to me. I'm hesitant over the ast one because of the 'space time fabric' part. I don't really like characters messing with that department.
Old 2008-02-11, 08:38   Link #19552
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Ryotaro: *sweatdrops* My name's Ryotaro, user of the experimental Multi-AI system. A pleasuer to make your acquaintance.
Asagi: And a pleasure to meet you too What experimental Multi-AI system? Sounds like fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki
Er...but she was raised by her so it kinda counts
Well, that's true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki
With all the crack here, I don't think that'd ever be possible
Well, I just need to get my crack out to be able to continue on some stories I have, since I don't write something unless I'm in the proper mood

Quote:
The only gripe I have is Graf Eisen's heavens-transcending speeches, but it might be me. Shouldn't Graf Eisen surprise everyone by suddenly speaking hotblooded Japanese?

*dodges "Who Do You Think I Am?!" Kick*

Anyway, I like where this is going. And for the win, have someone shouting "Goldigant Crusher! HATSUDO SHOUNIN!!!"

*cue Yusshao Tanjo GaiGaiGar*
I can suddenly imagine Taiga joining in the fray

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500
[B]
Indeed. After all, Ibis Chelsea has a big heart.

*runs*
Yes, a very big heart and a deliciously flat c-

*radio static*

Quote:
What till you see the Heart of Braves.

And it's called Uberatna Schrabe, or Super Etna Bolt. Just watch the dynamic kill animation.

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
It's not as h4xx as it is... Just a psywave regulation system so that Nanoha doesn't go Allelujah on everyone.
.... wait a minute...

You mean, Dark Nanoha?

*stabbing enemy with Strike Flame*

Dark Nanoha: YES!!! BEG FOR MERCY!!!

Who are you gonna call next? You're mother? You're girlfriend? Do you see your entire life flash before your eyes?!?!

Quote:
You can go for the Stargate solution, aliens posing as gods that kidnapped humans and moved them on another planet. And mentionned humans develop a civilization while borrowing from various cultures they contacted, as a form of atavism.
Kagerou already covered that route in his latest pieces here, and it makes so much sense

Quote:
Now why did I like Grandis so much again?

*looks up*

Oh yeah, that's why.
Don't we all?

Quote:
WIN!

She's certainly fire, flame, and explosion!

I like the part where she practically lives Super Sentai. It fits her characterization very well, and her ability to switch personality for different occasions is certainly legendary. Let's just hope none of the businessmen actually crossed her ire and become uh, "butchered".

And yes, Power Rangers, you're officially out. For good.
Thanks

And certainly, being raised in the art of business means she needs such... restraint in dealing with them. Afterall, business partners, no matter how irritating, are no good to you dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare

No problems for her first three spells so far, certainly spells she can dish out with ease. Though Black Cremation sounds a little too deadly even for Hayate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Sorry for jumping in like this. Proper backlog breaker later when I have more time. Hopefully Saya-chan doesn't grow too fat by then.
*Watches Saya grow larger and larger*

Don't get your hopes up

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-02-11, 08:42   Link #19553
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I do suppose rare skills and the like would go a long way towards a rank because of raw ability like mentioned earlier but again nothing else she's done has displayed prowess in fields like bombardment/combat like Hayate/Nanoha to merit a rank that high.

Armor of the Saint King is powerful but kind of uncertain. Iirc, she has to take a hit before becoming immune to that attack. Considering that and Quattro's comments back in ep 12, Vivio would be in bits and pieces had Nanoha not blocked it on time unless she's survived a shot of S rank physical damage before.
Actually, Quattro boasted that 'the shot that took you so much to block wouldn't have slowed the girl for a second' Now, we can easilly assume Quattro was bluffing in the power department, but it does show that Vivio's defense can adapt to a hit before it is taken.

Quote:
Nanoha => intensity
Hayate => area
I still disagree with this. If Hayate can manage an attack with Nanoha's intensity over a wide area, then Hayate's intensity is better then Nanoha's. Imagine if she had focussed all that power in a single shot.

Quote:
Wait for the day when a AAA mage beats an S rank mage at his/her own game.
Well, the manga already showed an A rank mage beating AAA-ranked Nanoha and Fate (while they were still kids, mind you) and in the manga, it also explains that during the fights in A's, the Wolkies were taking it easy on Nanoha and Fate.

Quote:
.... wait a minute...

You mean, Dark Nanoha?

Who are you gonna call next? You're mother? You're girlfriend? Do you see your entire life flash before your eyes?!?!

Imagine both Nanoha and Keroko going dark at the same time.
Old 2008-02-11, 09:00   Link #19554
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
But, but being used by Subaru doesn't compute. It's more Vita whacking Subaru....
Oh... Then okay...

Quote:
Yup, I wanted a girl with a long poytail, and the first image to spring to mind was Lindy.
Details

Quote:

Nanoha was holding back after all so..
Sigh, what we need is another moment where Yuuno say,

"In other words, blast it with everything you got!"

Quote:
Well, the manga already showed an A rank mage beating AAA-ranked Nanoha and Fate (while they were still kids, mind you) and in the manga, it also explains that during the fights in A's, the Wolkies were taking it easy on Nanoha and Fate.
She's double A actually

Quote:
Hmmm... Dark Keroko...

P.S - Btw guys, how's this for a device ?

Old 2008-02-11, 09:06   Link #19555
Tormenk

Quote:
Well, I just need to get my crack out to be able to continue on some stories I have, since I don't write something unless I'm in the proper mood

And the hammer of divine inspiration as well. Pretty much how I manged to churn out Katrina and the Jacks during my last break.

Quote:
.... wait a minute...

You mean, Dark Nanoha?

ALL HAIL HALLELUJAH!

*RUNS*

Quote:
*Watches Saya grow larger and larger*

Don't get your hopes up
I know.

Quote:
I still disagree with this. If Hayate can manage an attack with Nanoha's intensity over a wide area, then Hayate's intensity is better then Nanoha's. Imagine if she had focussed all that power in a single shot.
Question is: Can she?

Spells and restrictions aside, the only reason I can think of why Hayate doesn't do that is the lesser strain from her spells. No doubt Hayate has the big output but she probably can't handle the strain to squeeze out the concentrated power at speeds like Nanoha does.

Quote:
Pretty much what I had in mind as I wrote that. Wasn't the headmistress rank B though?

Quote:
Keroko is pretty viable. I'll need a large bottle of crack on a good day to see Nanoha going dark though.

Wait. I already have a viable scenario for that. Sort of.

*runs*

Quote:
Sigh, what we need is another moment where Yuuno say,

"In other words, blast it with everything you got!"
Hmm. Good one. I'll have Yuuno say that soon if I can help it.

Quote:
Hmmm... Dark Keroko...
Still got a thing for her?

Quote:

Pandora's Box never looked so cool. And this just reminded me of how similar reverse Chrono and Nero are.

Old 2008-02-11, 09:54   Link #19556
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Details
Yup, but good details. :3

Quote:
She's double A actually
Can't remember. It was one of the untranslated chapters, so I don't have it yet.

Quote:
Hmmm... Dark Keroko...
Still a fan, huh? Gotta do a shop of her one of these days...

Quote:

Gah! Spoilers!

I don't know, cause I'm not going to click. Gotta finish the dude off myself first.

Quote:
Question is: Can she?

Spells and restrictions aside, the only reason I can think of why Hayate doesn't do that is the lesser strain from her spells. No doubt Hayate has the big output but she probably can't handle the strain to squeeze out the concentrated power at speeds like Nanoha does.
Concidering Hayate's focus is long-range artillery strikes, whereas with Nanoha its just one of her strong points (Nanoha focusses on a bit more all-round, adding a decent amount of mid-range spells and training her close combat as well) I see no reason to believe that Nanoha outpowers Hayate in this department.

Quote:
Keroko is pretty viable. I'll need a large bottle of crack on a good day to see Nanoha going dark though.

Wait. I already have a viable scenario for that. Sort of.

*runs*
Concidering Keroko's already gone dark several times in Kerokanon... no that shouldn't be too hard. Nanoha went sort of darkish in StrikerS (if one stretches the imagination) when she blew the crap out of Quattro.
Old 2008-02-11, 10:06   Link #19557
Tormenk

Quote:
Concidering Hayate's focus is long-range artillery strikes, whereas with Nanoha its just one of her strong points (Nanoha focusses on a bit more all-round, adding a decent amount of mid-range spells and training her close combat as well) I see no reason to believe that Nanoha outpowers Hayate in this department.
I'm not saying Nanoha beats Hayate in power/output in nuking, just that Nanoha's shots are more intensive for a smaller package and doing it faster while at it.

Quote:
Concidering Keroko's already gone dark several times in Kerokanon... no that shouldn't be too hard. Nanoha went sort of darkish in StrikerS (if one stretches the imagination) when she blew the crap out of Quattro.
Any links? I'm pretty sure I read through all the links in the master profile and don't recall any incidents of those. :3 As for Nanoha, even then it looks pretty..calm.

Forgot to add something in just now. Both Nanoha and Keroko going dark..at the same time..at each other. Oh the drama.

Old 2008-02-11, 10:20   Link #19558
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Now THAT was a good way to introduce what might possibly be the most powerful vessel in all of Ordered Space... with much Wolkenritter LULZ (Tesla's eyes glazing over = PRICELESS ). Although I can't get the image of HAL out of that robot for some reason
Keke, HAL. Not quite what I was going for.

Quote:
Nice touch with the multi-lingual perception on the bot, different people hearing the language they understand
There's a good reason for that, too. It's the concept of ancestor language, in that 16807 Cosine Phi's creators spoke a language that was akin to most modern languages. Thus, everyone can understand it, and because the cast in this case also happens to speak two to three languages apiece, there's not a lot that slips by them.

Speaking of languages... Nanoha: English/Mid (or both!), Japanese, some Belkan?, Mandarin Chinese (seems like something she'd know)?

Quote:
I do hope the most powerful ship in Ordered Space is Cathedral Belka of which which you put Swertkreuz in to SPIN ON! :3

Like Lowe said, the Eye reminds me of HAL, but that also reminds me of something in Naxx, or the countless instances where you gotta keep shooting the eyes before they call in more loving.
lol, not quite the same ship there, Kha. It looks something like this:

Spoiler for hueg:

Quote:
Ashcroft: I was of the humble opinion that Tesla would be more of the sort with whom one could expect to have a most fruitful game of chess with.

Xena: Um, neither of us have ever read her profile. Oh, and yeah, Keroko, could you send me a link to Tesla's profile? The lad here wants it.

Ashcroft: Chief's Gambit, Dragon variation III, Queenside-Castle...

Xena: *slaps forehead*
Tesla is in fact quite intelligent when she isn't fangasm-ing over new tech.

Quote:
Hehe, Guilty Spark.
Yay, someone got it right! XDDD

Quote:
Actually I was more concerned with Tesla calling Hayate mistress. Unless the situation requires such courtesy, she generally calls Hayate, Hayate.
...I knew that. Really. >.>

Quote:
On the subject of her reaction, it sounds about right. It's a common train she and Keroko share (although Keroko tends to react that way to the smaller, more single person type gadgets) She's like a general being given a new toy to play with, and she wants to know what it can do as soon as possible. Devising new schemes and tactics with the new stuff is one of the best pass-times she can have.
Oh, she'll have a blast then. Literally. Pun Intended.

[QUOTE=Ryand-Smith;1391494]With More Character Development, Meta-Humor, and Poltics of Mid-Childia
Spoiler for Pt 2 Meetings, Summaries, and Sets:

I liked it

[QUOTE=Ryand-Smith;1391494]Ryand@animesuki apt-cache search backlog....

Backlog loading...

Kagerou
Spoiler for Nanoha Part 4:

Why is there Halo in my Nanoha?
Also, great fluff. I love the fact that this is a Hayate adventure, but are we going to get
Spoiler for The Terrible Secret of Space:

Answer to A: For awesome and win.
Answer to B: Yes. In a sense.

Quote:
*Snip*
Oh-ho, me likes a lot.

Quote:
Let's keep going!

STARS-02
Rebuilt of Vita

WTB Better portrait. ^^;
...that's from the people who drew Thunderbird, correct? The art style looks familiar (which I'm absolutely in love with :3 ).

Quote:
Spoiler for Vita, Dark Iron Count:
Served with copypasta drenched in integra-sauce, as always.

Objections? Criticisms?
I see Gurren-Lagann, GaoGaiGar, and... a Beowulf reference. And by Beowulf I mean Kyosuke. Amirite?

At any rate, all of it looks good. You just beat me to using a form of GDB with Vita before I could.

I'll just use the old name I had for it: Giga Drill Hammer Zwei.

In other news, Scene V plods along. Keroko's going monster hunting. Her target...

Spoiler for HUEG:
Old 2008-02-11, 10:31   Link #19559
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
A section of magic you guys may want to look into, is symbolic writing abilities.

As an example, say, applying magic sigils directly to the flesh to act as instantanious activators of a particular effect.

Spoiler for Divine Mark:

I'm not going to create any OCs with thist style, as I actually have it for use with my own work, but anyone else is welcome to entertain the concept, even directly as above.
Old 2008-02-11, 10:31   Link #19560
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Pretty much what I had in mind as I wrote that. Wasn't the headmistress rank B though?
It just keeps getting lower and lower...

Quote:
Hmm. Good one. I'll have Yuuno say that soon if I can help it.

Nanoha:

Yuuno: "Ermmm... Just blast it with everything you got!"

Nanoha:

Quote:
Still got a thing for her?
No I don't.

It's just sounds interesting...

Besides...

*Point to sig*

Quote:
Pandora's Box never looked so cool. And this just reminded me of how similar reverse Chrono and Nero are.
That's Dante

But Reverse-Chrono has red eyes

Quote:
Yup, but good details. :3
Nono, I mean what are the details :3

Quote:
Still a fan, huh? Gotta do a shop of her one of these days...

No I'm not...

Just want to know the colour, that's all... >.>

Besides...

*Point to sig*

Quote:
Gah! Spoilers!

I don't know, cause I'm not going to click. Gotta finish the dude off myself first.
Tempting tempting...
Closed Thread