AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-15, 16:54   Link #301
sopple
sopple here and there
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: somwhere in cali
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I always felt ShikaIno and KibaHina were the same pairing. Both don't have any romance. But both interact a lot being on the same team so something could potentially happen. Unlikely though since both couples have had nothing hinted about them. But at least there is some reason and logic for those couples.

People like team pairings. So I expect KibaHina and ShikaIno to always be popular even when canon might pair them with others.
but how could they be a couple if both are so opposite? hinata is so shy kiba is so ...um hes kind of energetic but not as annoying as naruto.

shikamaru and ino could never work out. they just dont go good togather.
sopple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 20:37   Link #302
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopple View Post
but how could they be a couple if both are so opposite? hinata is so shy kiba is so ...um hes kind of energetic but not as annoying as naruto.

shikamaru and ino could never work out. they just dont go good togather.
The thing is that they both are in a team together kiba and hinata is a teammate shikamaru and ino is a teammate, so there for they have a better chance together. havent you heard oposites attract?? And hinata is not as shy around kiba as she is around naruto. And ino always chears shikamaru on so they have a good friendly bond mostly if you have a good bond in a relashinship you have a better chance to be coupled.
__________________



CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 21:32   Link #303
aiko_chan
in moderation
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Colliding Worlds
Send a message via MSN to aiko_chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Herrera View Post
The thing is that they both are in a team together kiba and hinata is a teammate shikamaru and ino is a teammate, so there for they have a better chance together. havent you heard oposites attract?? And hinata is not as shy around kiba as she is around naruto. And ino always chears shikamaru on so they have a good friendly bond mostly if you have a good bond in a relashinship you have a better chance to be coupled.
I don't mind the Hinata and Kiba case as you've said, since I do agree that Hinata definitely acts less shy around Kiba and actually more a tad more natural. And who knows, maybe Kiba has a thing for shy, timid girls.

But for Shikamaru and Ino...
Yes they have been on a team for a long time but that really doesn't call for it evolving into a romantic relationship. Like I said, the relationship between them for me are purely platonic, and there isn't even a base for romance itself. They're both strong friends (backed by their parents too), but that also includes Chouji. So where does that leave him?

So rather than betting chances on Ino, I would prefer to go for Temari. For me, Temari and Shikamaru are more on the same level. They're pretty much constantly biting back at each other especially about the "saving" and the "men and women" thing. And I don't think they mind each others' presence.
Showing them together (and by that I meant side by side walking etc.) for like the first chapter/episode of Shippuden seemed also surprising.
aiko_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 21:36   Link #304
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In a land where Shota's and Bishounens live in a vast land full of suger filled meadows.
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiko_chan View Post
I don't mind the Hinata and Kiba case as you've said, since I do agree that Hinata definitely acts less shy around Kiba and actually more a tad more natural. And who knows, maybe Kiba has a thing for shy, timid girls.

But for Shikamaru and Ino...
Yes they have been on a team for a long time but that really doesn't call for it evolving into a romantic relationship. Like I said, the relationship between them for me are purely platonic, and there isn't even a base for romance itself. They're both strong friends (backed by their parents too), but that also includes Chouji. So where does that leave him?

So rather than betting chances on Ino, I would prefer to go for Temari. For me, Temari and Shikamaru are more on the same level. They're pretty much constantly biting back at each other especially about the "saving" and the "men and women" thing. And I don't think they mind each others' presence.
Showing them together (and by that I meant side by side walking etc.) for like the first chapter/episode of Shippuden seemed also surprising.
I have always like hinata and kiba together. yea temari and shikamaru is on the same level hmm chouji.. didint he say to shikamru once and asked him what if the girl i like doesnt like you who does he like???
__________________



CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-06, 23:29   Link #305
SajberToent
Borked
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In my daydreams
Age: 34
Hah, I noticed that this thread was still going last night (I also noticed my abominable spelling). I must say that I am dissapointed that Kishimoto is yet to implement any real lovey-dovey scenes, although Asuma has his 'thing' with Kurenai.

Manga spoilers below,

Spoiler:
SajberToent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 00:00   Link #306
MassProductionEVA
Eva f-type
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by SajberToent View Post
Hah, I noticed that this thread was still going last night (I also noticed my abominable spelling). I must say that I am dissapointed that Kishimoto is yet to implement any real lovey-dovey scenes, although Asuma has his 'thing' with Kurenai.

Manga spoilers below,

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
MassProductionEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 01:11   Link #307
MikoKikyo
*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 34
I wonder about Neji. His romantic future looks grim - there simply is NO girl in naruto for him. No, TenTen is NOT good enough for Neji - Neji, a brilliant genius, with a girl who's mediocre in all respects? I don't think so... There's just no female in the show who's good enough for him and who would suit him. And yet he's so loveable and awesome. It's really sad.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 22:31   Link #308
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
I wonder about Neji. His romantic future looks grim - there simply is NO girl in naruto for him. No, TenTen is NOT good enough for Neji - Neji, a brilliant genius, with a girl who's mediocre in all respects? I don't think so... There's just no female in the show who's good enough for him and who would suit him. And yet he's so loveable and awesome. It's really sad.
You don't like NejiTen? I admit that Tenten might not be the best ninja, but she's cute and tries hard. She does care about Neji and I think he is protective of her.

Last edited by DeDe; 2008-09-14 at 23:13. Reason: grammar
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 00:41   Link #309
MikoKikyo
*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
You don't like NejiTen? I admit that Tenten might not be the best ninja, but she's cute and tries hard. She does care about Neji and I think he is protective of her.
Yeah, they had a little moment there in Shippuuden by the water...

I don't deeply dislike NejiTen, it's alright I suppose, esp in the absence of another feasible possibility. Who else could Neji end up with? NejiTen seems like a convenience pairing: "Neji is too cool to be alone, he needs a girl. Well, TenTen is there, she's kinda cute, let's just throw them together." She's ok but just that - OK. So-so, not bad, but not great either. Meanwhile Neji is super amazing, sugoi beyond speech. He could do better... Or should do better I feel. Kinda like when you see some super amazing guy with some plain girl

Ok maybe not like that exactly, but I feel Tenten falls short of Neji-material. This could be partially helped if they had Tenten become powerful or impressive in some way but that's not happening. Granted, it's better than for him to be alone, though. And realistically, Shiki prob will just throw the two together and not do anything with Tenten.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 07:41   Link #310
Irondragon
Paladin
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the name of the Emperor!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
Yeah, they had a little moment there in Shippuuden by the water...

I don't deeply dislike NejiTen, it's alright I suppose, esp in the absence of another feasible possibility. Who else could Neji end up with? NejiTen seems like a convenience pairing: "Neji is too cool to be alone, he needs a girl. Well, TenTen is there, she's kinda cute, let's just throw them together." She's ok but just that - OK. So-so, not bad, but not great either. Meanwhile Neji is super amazing, sugoi beyond speech. He could do better... Or should do better I feel. Kinda like when you see some super amazing guy with some plain girl

Ok maybe not like that exactly, but I feel Tenten falls short of Neji-material. This could be partially helped if they had Tenten become powerful or impressive in some way but that's not happening. Granted, it's better than for him to be alone, though. And realistically, Shiki prob will just throw the two together and not do anything with Tenten.
Hey I think even the ramen girl had more airtime than Ten Ten! Her character is totally undeveloped. She has no past (no sad story like the others). I like the weapon fighting stile but she has nothing special! She never has beat someone strong for example akatsuki member (in her airtime! maybe without cameras she is a killing machine ). So exact the different to Neji. Despite that I could see NejiTen happen...
Irondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 09:08   Link #311
Gamma_Sennin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
A few match up's which make sense to me are

1. Shikamaru/Temari... main reason, is temari is similar to his own mother.. which he always asks his father why he married such a hard women.. he replies something about moments of tenderness or something...

2. Chouji/Ino ... she seems to care about chouji, shown after he is injured from the sound nins.. and i know its her team mate... but lets face it.. no1 else is gonna give her any lovin:$

3. neji/tenten.. shes neji's lil fan.. and unless she has a thing for eyebrows, theres not much for her either... plus i do agree they do seem cute together... and ninjas arent really paired in romances because they are the same level of ninja ability... the only couple we have really seen who are relatively similar lvl is kurenai/asuma
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 11:27   Link #312
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Shikamaru and Temari has a relationship that is very special, not only for love reason, but political reasons too. Remember, Sand and Leave were enemies to death. Same way Chiyo told Sakura and Naruto about the "new generations", the friendship between Gaara and Naruto, the bond between Sakura and Chiyo and the relationship between Temari (Kazekage's Sister) and Shikamaru (Hokage's advisor) is a proof of the new era between both villages.


Shikamaru and Temari is a already a reality, this couple and Asuma/Kurenai are the only ones that has some real love development and not some mere "sasuuuuuuuke kun" o "sakura chaaaaaan".
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 16:20   Link #313
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere where I don't know where I am...
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Shikamaru and Temari has a relationship that is very special, not only for love reason, but political reasons too. Remember, Sand and Leave were enemies to death. Same way Chiyo told Sakura and Naruto about the "new generations", the friendship between Gaara and Naruto, the bond between Sakura and Chiyo and the relationship between Temari (Kazekage's Sister) and Shikamaru (Hokage's advisor) is a proof of the new era between both villages.
Good point, but....
Leaf and Sand were good friends until the Orochimaru invasion. It would be a better exampole of what Kishimoto's goal was if they were all from rock, though.
OtseisRagnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 19:57   Link #314
Fran~
floating away...
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beyond World's End
Good friends? It was the opposite, Leaf and Sand were enemies to death, remember that they planned with Orochimaru the Konoha's Invasion.
__________________
Improving my english ^^
Fran~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 00:16   Link #315
Rahan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: France
They were allied before Orochimaru tricked the Kazekage (who feared the decline of the Sand due to the Lord of the Wind Country favoring Konoha over the Sand) into invading Konoha.
At most, they were bitter and jealous of Konoha but they weren't "enemies to death".
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 03:17   Link #316
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Shikamaru and Temari is a already a reality, this couple and Asuma/Kurenai are the only ones that has some real love development and not some mere "sasuuuuuuuke kun" o "sakura chaaaaaan".
Really? Where abouts is this Shikimaru/Temari love shown? Is this in anime fillers or something? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity because I didn't really see anything except bare hints that there is something going on with them in the manga (unless I missed it of course, which is entirely possible too...)

Out of all the potential pairings in Naruto, I think those two are my favourite. They're equals which makes for a good connection. I think she's the only girl there who could handle him.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 06:58   Link #317
aiko_chan
in moderation
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Colliding Worlds
Send a message via MSN to aiko_chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Really? Where abouts is this Shikimaru/Temari love shown? Is this in anime fillers or something? I'm asking out of genuine curiosity because I didn't really see anything except bare hints that there is something going on with them in the manga (unless I missed it of course, which is entirely possible too...)

Out of all the potential pairings in Naruto, I think those two are my favourite. They're equals which makes for a good connection. I think she's the only girl there who could handle him.

well i guess it's those little hints you have to catch.
there are of course quite a few from the anime itself:

from original naruto mixed into filler naruto as well, they had the part where Temari saved Shikamaru from Tayuya. From then on, in one of the last few episodes of original naruto (which was filler), Shikamaru saved Temari from a certain villain/bad guy - actually girl i think.
This lead onto constant talking - or very subtle flirting if you want- about "saving females/males" and the whole sexist thing Shikamaru has got going on and cheeky smiles and laughing. bah, watch the episode and you'll get what i mean (: its around 218-220.

rewind a little to the part where the both of them are in the hospital. maybe it's because she's the only one there besides his father, but he definitely opened up to his fears and she understands. it's kind of significant for me that it was HER that was there. be it chance or whatever. but for sure, it wasn't Ino.


Skip to Naruto Shippuden; both anime and manga. The first time we see them, they're together. True, they're together for political reasons but Naruto also asks if they're on a date.
[I]Yes,[I] you may say that Naruto's just a brainless twat in these certain situations but in my opinion, hey, kishimoto didn't NEED to add in that line so maybe it IS a hint. xD

i'm not sure if those are most of the main-er points.
BUT, one last thing (:
Spoiler for Latest Shippuden Episode Omake:



credits for the frame to DeDe.
this is not fanart! (;
aiko_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:00   Link #318
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 36
Hmmm good to know! Thanks for the info I'll go check out those eps I really do like these two together.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:51   Link #319
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Good job aiko_chan!

Kishimoto just doesn't seem comfortable writing romance and this is a shonen manga where romance doesn't play a major part. So all the romance is hints and you have to piece together the relationships from what the manga provides.

Asuma and Kurenai didn't have really any interaction in Part 1. They sat together during the chuunin exam finals. Then later Kakashi thought they were on a date. But those hints were enough for many people to see something between them.

Spoiler for manga stuff:

Temari and Shikamaru have a lot more blatant interaction than Asuma and Kurenai. So barring something crazy, the pattern should repeat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiko_chan
i'm not sure if those are most of the main-er points.
BUT, one last thing (:
Spoiler for Latest Shippuden Episode Omake:
Yeah the anime team definitely believes in those two together. Even though Kishi doesn't handle the anime, he is influenced by it. I can't imagine the anime being this blatant about it if they didn't have at least a decent idea of where Kishi is going.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 04:13   Link #320
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dancing with the devil
Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan View Post
They were allied before Orochimaru tricked the Kazekage (who feared the decline of the Sand due to the Lord of the Wind Country favoring Konoha over the Sand) into invading Konoha.
At most, they were bitter and jealous of Konoha but they weren't "enemies to death".
Oh, you are so right, but don't you cry if I tell you that Kakashi's father killed Sasori's parents. So what do you think, was the White Fang just Konoha's tool and a powerful ninja reputed same as the three Sannin or was he a rogue ninja and founder of Akatsuki?

It was a ninja war.
__________________
AuroraFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
official pairings

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.