AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2017-06-13, 07:03   Link #101
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I missed the Ubisoft conference but so far all the others I watched have not impressed me in any way. There was the odd game here and there that I might consider buying if I had a console but all in all I am left with the feeling of 'that's it?'.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 07:22   Link #102
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Just saw all the conference, ubisoft definitely won it this year on overall presentation by Yves Guillemot. Game wise, I think Anthem is probably the best shown so far. The fake voicechat wasn't as cringe worthy as previous other games shown and you get what type of game it is about.

Personally interested are
Monster hunter world
Anthem
Beyond good and evil 2
Skull and bones
Old 2017-06-13, 08:03   Link #103
OH&S
Countdown to Index III: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
^Not a fan of the new monster hunter?
Sort of indifferent to it. I'm a weird one in that I skipped the entire PS3/X360 generation so some of the things that became popular during it are kind of lost on me. I have friends who will be excited by it that's for sure; but for me, H:ZD will be my first true step into that kind of open world monster hunting game.

I'm sort of okay with that though. It takes a long time to actually build up hours of gameplay nowadays and it looks like I might actually have the time to go for Platinum on H:ZD (even if it takes me all year to get it).

But yeah, aside from what I mentioned before, not too interested in e3's offerings this year.

For the 1st time in years; watching 6+ anime in 1 season.
AXIS OF AWESOME! Too much awesomeness in a single signature pic!
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 09:25   Link #104
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As someone who has been hooked by the franchise since 3rd portable, I'm not sold by MHW yet, to the contrary.
This might sound exaggerated, but the way how the game looks right now (particularly the hunter), it feels more "westernized": the game has a bigger focus on graphics etc, but the art direction got blander as result: less vibrant colors, more realistic approach of the modelization, less "exaggerated" movements all around.

Also, the fact they didn't bother showing the hunter in a group or any airu/felyne makes me wonder if they simply shifted the direction of the game that way.
They confirmed the presence of multiplayer feature, but as a "MH trailer", it didn't particularly felt like a MH game.
Of course it's more westernized, they want MH to actually sell decently outside of Japan. Considering the main monster hunter team are making this as opposed to the B-team handling X, it should be good.... and like all first trailers it just shows off what's new.... can't believe people (on GAF) thought they changed the combat... the lifeblood of the series....

It's practically MH5 in all but name....

Last edited by Westlo; 2017-06-13 at 10:53.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 10:36   Link #105
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Of course it's more westernized, they want MH to actually sell decently outside of Japan. Considering the main monster hunter team are making this as opposed to the B-team handling X, it should be good.... and like all first trailers it just shows off what's new.... can't believe people thought they changed the combat... the lifeblood of the series....

It's practically MH5 in all but name....
Exactly, Monster Hunter is one of the most obtuse games ever, if Capcom makes it less obtuse and improves it then I don't see the problem. I say this as a big fan of the series.
Old 2017-06-13, 11:25   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
And hey Nintendo openly confirming a core Pokemon game being made for the Switch. Which is fine since everyone isn't going to check out the hiring information .

Nintendo doing alright. Kirby, Yoshi, Zelda DLC, Xenoblade, Rocket League, etc.
Old 2017-06-13, 11:27   Link #107
Chosen_Hero

Nintendo just did the exact same thing as Sony this year, as in they had a pretty similar showing. Also, the core Pokémon game announcement is clearly a last minute add on due to how butthurt people got over Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
Old 2017-06-13, 11:31   Link #108
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh wow, a Shadow of the Colossus remake! I never thought this would happen.
Old 2017-06-13, 11:31   Link #109
Galaxian

Hard for me to pick between Ubisoft and Nintendo. The former really had only one really great announcement, while the latter had two (Pokemon for the Switch and Metroid) but the lack of proper trailers for them kind of diminish the impact.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 11:32   Link #110
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Nintendo just did the exact same thing as Sony this year, as in they had a pretty similar showing. Also, the core Pokémon game announcement is clearly a last minute add on due to how butthurt people got over Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
I'm not so sure about that. I figured it would happen eventually, because I'm of the belief that the Switch is being treated as the 3DS' successor. I just wonder if this is supposed to be another gen or something.

Also, Metroid Prime 4, hell yeah.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 11:37   Link #111
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I figured it would happen eventually, because I'm of the belief that the Switch is being treated as the 3DS' successor. I just wonder if this is supposed to be another gen or something.

Also, Metroid Prime 4, hell yeah.
Oh come on, they didn't even show title card like for Metroid Prime 4, which also just started development.
Old 2017-06-13, 11:38   Link #112
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv168
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Of course it's more westernized, they want MH to actually sell decently outside of Japan.
Considering the success in Japan and how it is faring well already in the west, the art direction changes hardly feels necessary.
But then again, that's just the visuals. What matters is the gameplay and the scope of the hunt.

Meanwhile, Nintendo showcase was kind of too short, but thankfully, the game library looks way more promising now.
Old 2017-06-13, 11:39   Link #113
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh come on, they didn't even show title card like for Metroid Prime 4, which also just started development.
Until I see an actual 3DS successor, there's no other explanation. Unless they're just planning on letting the franchise die.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 12:03   Link #114
Kurohane

Reggie just stated essentially the 3DS is far from dying.
Old 2017-06-13, 12:09   Link #115
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Until I see an actual 3DS successor, there's no other explanation. Unless they're just planning on letting the franchise die.
Die? The 3ds is only second to the PS2 in sales if it hasn't surpassed it yet, the Switch on the other hand is a console in limited numbers whose true reach won't be know until they possibly reach and surpass the Wii U sales numbers. Also, Nintendo just recently announced a new version of the 3ds line meaning it's nowhere near to being replaced.

What's a smarter move for a company, releasing a game for the console/handheld that most of your fans own or on the one that (at the moment) has the most limited number of fans? Also, if they were planning this from the beginning, why wasn't this announcement on the Pokémon direct they literally just had? it's not a coincidence it was announced after the fact.
Old 2017-06-13, 12:11   Link #116
Ultragunner

Fire Emblem Warriors....pls don't tell me it's another one of those Dynastic Warriors-type game....it probably is, isn't it?
Old 2017-06-13, 12:18   Link #117
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Reggie just stated essentially the 3DS is far from dying.
Yeah that didn't just sound like a "please keep buying the games we've got coming out in the next year." That tone sounded a lot more like the 3DS has its days numbered. Doesn't mean it is out of time either though. There is no way that they'll completely drop it in the next year.

And I'm not sure why the 3DS having a lot of units sold means....anything. Are we still playing on PS2s because that system had incredible sales and thus there was no way Sony could move on from it. Last of Us was really good on PS2 right? The 3DS will be replaced. That's just reality. They can't stay on that hardware going into the end of time.

The Metroid game they revealed showed that they still are going to use the system for a bit more. But, I'm not sure we see a lot of 3DS games going into 2019 and beyond.
Old 2017-06-13, 12:38   Link #118
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Fire Emblem Warriors....pls don't tell me it's another one of those Dynastic Warriors-type game....it probably is, isn't it?
It's developed by Koei Tecmo, it have the Warriors name, obviously it'll be a Musou game.
Der Langrisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 15:10   Link #119
Chosen_Hero

While E3 started, these things happened:

Quote:
Sony Interactive Entertainment today confirmed that over 60.4 million PlayStation 4 consoles have been sold to consumers. Sony announced the milestone in the wake of its E3 2017 showcase event. The figure includes sales made up to June 11, 2017.
E3 2017: PS4 Sales Exceed 60 Million Worldwide http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/...ion-worldwide?

Quote:
Level-5, the studio behind the Professor Layton, Ni No Kuni and Yo-kai Watch series, has acquired Mighty No. 9 developer Comcept.

As reported in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu (translation via Gematsu), the acquisition has resulted in the formation of a new subsidiary known as Level-5 Comcept.
E3 2017: Ni No Kuni Developer Level-5 Acquires Comcept http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06/...uires-comcept?

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2017-06-13 at 15:55.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-13, 15:55   Link #120
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Nintendo just did the exact same thing as Sony this year, as in they had a pretty similar showing.
The big difference: you at least had an idea that Nintendo's E3 spotlight was going to be limited, yet there's still plenty of news to get you hyped. Sony's press conference, OTOH, felt somewhat lacking (especially in terms of a major first-party game for the holiday season), and you do wish it went longer.

Tags
e3 of dreams part 3, hype