AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-01, 02:57   Link #81
Nerroth
NePoi!

Actually, it was the picctures which came first; initally, I 'just' wanted to echo the Hakumen poses with Drift, but then there was Saber Extra standing there looking all photo-able, and...

Anyway, this is the first of a somewhat more serious fic project I had in mind; a preview of sorts for one of my ongoing longer storylines.

Spoiler for Crystallized Moments:

Last edited by Nerroth; 2010-09-01 at 03:13.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 10:39   Link #82
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
.... I can't stop laughing at this, it's not I'mt rying to antagonize/patronize, but I find the "A love story as Saber dutifully searches for her perfect chariot."...
Well, Saber has already found her sheath, all she needs now is her perfect chariot.

Yes I know the Saber in the story is different from Saber in the VN, I couldn't resist the joke.
Old 2010-09-11, 06:13   Link #83
Nerroth
NePoi!

The next part of CM.

Spoiler for Crystallized Moments, Part 2:
Old 2010-09-12, 19:07   Link #84
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

So... once again played through HF and I was bitten by a bunny. Plus, I need to do something to keep my mind busy while I try to work out some kinks of continuing A Change in Fate, so here we go with a new fic!

Spoiler for Into The Rain: As A Result of Bad Planning:

Not much to really say, so hit me with any and all comments.

Last edited by RadiantBeam; 2010-09-12 at 19:32.
RadiantBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 19:28   Link #85
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
So... once again played through HF and I was bitten by a bunny. Plus, I need to do something to keep my mind busy while I try to work out some kinks of continuing A Change in Fate, so here we go with a new fic!

Spoiler for Into The Rain: As A Result of Bad Planning:

Not much to say either, other than... well, 'cute'. I like it, and I think you've got both of the girls down pat, honestly. Sakura is believable, particularly considering her mental state at the time the story is set, and Rin... yeah, Rin talks big, but we know she's a fluffy bunny at heart. Nice beginning.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 20:32   Link #86
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
I think "Awww..." about covers it....

But, yeah, Mozco is entirely right here. For all Rin's tough talk, she is no more likely (in my view) to be able to kill Sakura if she's given the time to actually think about it than Shirou was. Hell, she shows as much at the end of HF. And, yeah, Sakura begging to be killed is entirely plausible, given her mental state at that point.

I do wonder where it'll go from here, though. Presumably Shirou is going to be running around Fuyuki like a headless chicken for some time, because I suspect that where she's going is just about the last place that he'll think to look....
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 20:42   Link #87
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Presumably Shirou is going to be running around Fuyuki like a headless chicken for some time, because I suspect that where she's going is just about the last place that he'll think to look....
Well, next chapter I was going to have Rin call him to let him know that Sakura was fine and no, she didn't kill her, mostly because I figured at some point Shirou would be too cold and wet and tired to keep looking for Sakura, and he might head home thinking she's already there.

Or she could just send Archer to tell him. That could be fun too.
Old 2010-09-12, 20:52   Link #88
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Well, next chapter I was going to have Rin call him to let him know that Sakura was fine and no, she didn't kill her, mostly because I figured at some point Shirou would be too cold and wet and tired to keep looking for Sakura, and he might head home thinking she's already there.
You forget who you're talking about here....

Whilst he might well decide to check his own house, eventually, if she's not there he'd likely head right back out and keep searching.

Quote:
Or she could just send Archer to tell him. That could be fun too.
Yeah, lol. I can see that going very well....
Old 2010-09-12, 20:58   Link #89
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, lol. I can see that going very well....
Using Archer is more fun, and you're right, this is Shirou we're talking about. He wouldn't wait long enough for Rin to call him.
Old 2010-09-13, 12:33   Link #90
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Yeah, she'd have to send Archer to fetch him, because he'd just keep running. Tired? Mr. "I run from my house to the church without a break" would keep running till he collapsed.

Map of Fuyuki.

That's a long freaking way. Also, how many tsundere points did Rin just gain from that exchange?

Last edited by Altima of the Gates; 2010-09-14 at 13:56.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 19:37   Link #91
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

So I should be working on my math homework, but no, I had the idea for this and couldn't quit until I'd finished it. Ugh. I hate plotbunnies sometimes.

Spoiler for Into the Rain: The Contradiction of Tohsaka Rin:

Spoiler for Ramblings:

As A Result of Bad Planning
Old 2010-09-13, 20:33   Link #92
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
So I should be working on my math homework, but no, I had the idea for this and couldn't quit until I'd finished it. Ugh. I hate plotbunnies sometimes.

Spoiler for Into the Rain: The Contradiction of Tohsaka Rin:

Spoiler for Ramblings:

As A Result of Bad Planning
Well, no complaints here. A good follow up to a good start. It's pretty obvious that you're just setting the stage for the actual plot still to come, but the character interactions are solid enough that it's worth sticking around during the set-up phase. Very interested in seeing where you take this (and considering I sorta know, already, that's saying something. You do have a habit of surprising me... )
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 21:40   Link #93
Cherry_Lover

Yes, this is a very well-written fic, and Rin and Sakura's interactions are well-done too. This is a very interesting set-up, and I wonder where you're going to take it....

Quote:
Spoiler for Ramblings:
Spoiler for Fate/Zero:

You're right that Aoi likely went to a mental institution of some kind, since Rin sure as hell couldn't care for her as a five-year-old, and she would likely get in the way somewhat. As far as her death is concerned, according to a translation of one of the Side Material books that someone posted on Beast's Lair a while back, she died of an illness sometime before FSN. I don't think she was capable of suicide.
Old 2010-09-14, 09:50   Link #94
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for Fate/Zero:

You're right that Aoi likely went to a mental institution of some kind, since Rin sure as hell couldn't care for her as a five-year-old, and she would likely get in the way somewhat. As far as her death is concerned, according to a translation of one of the Side Material books that someone posted on Beast's Lair a while back, she died of an illness sometime before FSN. I don't think she was capable of suicide.
... Urgh. That's what I get for checking out the info on Fate/Zero but never actually taking the time to read it. I guess I'll have to go back and rewrite that a bit.
Old 2010-09-14, 14:45   Link #95
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
... Urgh. That's what I get for checking out the info on Fate/Zero but never actually taking the time to read it. I guess I'll have to go back and rewrite that a bit.
Well, the bit about her death isn't widely known, and the bit about how she becomes brain-damaged isn't translated yet, so....
Old 2010-09-14, 19:12   Link #96
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Well, the bit about her death isn't widely known, and the bit about how she becomes brain-damaged isn't translated yet, so....
Well, I guess until otherwise then I can keep it as it is; I could even say "this is what Rin heard and believes" if I don't feel like changing it. I'd just like to stay as close to the translated material as I can so nothing I write contradicts canon too much... especially since the whole fic itself will end up AU anyway.
Old 2010-09-14, 21:19   Link #97
Cherry_Lover

Well, the fact that it's translated doesn't make it any less true, but Rin would almost certainly not know what happened to her mother in the fourth war, because there is no-one other than Kotomine who could tell her, and I doubt he would have done so given that it would make him look bad. The only bit that might need changing is the "suicide" thing.
Old 2010-09-15, 03:19   Link #98
Nerroth
NePoi!

Ho hum...

Spoiler for Crystallized Moments, Part 3:
Old 2010-09-18, 15:57   Link #99
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

So lately I've been thinking a bit, and I was hoping I could ask for some opinions on this, because I do need a bit of help in deciding.

I made the decision awhile back to continue A Change in Fate, and then set it aside so I could work out some kinks of how the plot would flow with Saber still alive. However, while doing this I started working on Into The Rain and sort of ran into a small roadblock: both fics essentially have the same ending (or at least, I have the same ending in mind for them; I'm aiming for something similar to HF True, unless my plotbunny gets mean).

Now, granted, I realize this isn't much of a stumbling block because the two ideas behind getting to the end are wildly different; A Change in Fate focuses on Saber surviving and living with her corruption, while Into The Rain focuses on Rin finding Sakura first and the effect that would have had on the characters' relationships with each other. As a result, the way they ultimately shape up will also be different, and the path taken to the end will be different.

So I guess what I want to ask is, am I over thinking this? Or should I drop one in favor of the other? Because it kind of bugs me that two fics I'm working on have the same (or a very similar) ending, even if the overall story is going to be different.
Old 2010-09-18, 21:50   Link #100
Cherry_Lover

Well, honestly I don't see what the problem is.
Spoiler for HF:
Ultimately, the fics themselves will be totally different, so I don't see the issue with them having similar eventual outcomes.

Tags
character, discussion, fanfiction