AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2011-03-25, 22:15   Link #441
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Saiai's power for example manipulates nitrogen in the air...
No, its stated Saiai carries nitrogen on tiny bottles in order to use her power.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 00:43   Link #442
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
No, its stated Saiai carries nitrogen on tiny bottles in order to use her power.
It's both. Saiai only uses those bottles as backup when someone tries to remove all nitrogen in the air, see Vol15.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 18:47   Link #443
Phibrizzo
Honos628

If you want a broken power out of all we have see, Uiharu "Screw the laws of energy conservation".
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 03:45   Link #444
judasmartel
*Author

Then we can have magician equivalents of the Level 5 Elemental Espers. But of course, those bearing powers over the classical elements, not necessarily the ones in the periodic table.

Level 5 Elemental Esper = Approximate Magician Equivalent/s

Pyromaster = Stiyl Magnus
Aquamaster = Misha Kruezhev and Acqua of the Back
Geomaster = Sherry Cromwell
Aeromaster = Vento of the Front (minus her Divine Punishment)

Spoiler:

Or at least the level 5 elemental espers have about the same abilities as the magicians I mentioned above.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2011-03-27 at 05:02.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 04:32   Link #445
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Terra doesn't do anything Earth related.....

Fianma doesn't really count....his 40m long sword of flame....is nothing compared to his other stuff. He can do anything really...
Old 2011-03-27, 07:59   Link #446
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Then we can have magician equivalents of the Level 5 Elemental Espers. But of course, those bearing powers over the classical elements, not necessarily the ones in the periodic table.
yes, since magic follows the classical elements, while esper powers don't

Quote:
Level 5 Elemental Esper = Approximate Magician Equivalent/s
no, i already explained why this is wrong

Quote:
Or at least the level 5 elemental espers have about the same abilities as the magicians I mentioned above.
no, it depends on how the power works, but generally this is wrong
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 10:46   Link #447
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
yes, since magic follows the classical elements, while esper powers don't
There are still water and wind espers you know... And generally a whole bunch of pokemon types. So I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say that Esper element doesn't include those.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 11:00   Link #448
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There are still water and wind espers you know... And generally a whole bunch of pokemon types. So I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say that Esper element doesn't include those.
maybe he meant that the espers powers are usually control over certain element or scientifically speaking an element in science. Just like control over oxygen or nitrogen even though those two are both gases or air. Control over electrodes and high combustion.

It can be limited first while in low level to certain point of element and it's properties but it broaden as it levels up.

While in terms of magic. An element of fire means control over fire. It could be very broad. Just like what Styl is doing. From flame swords to flame servants and even explosions. Type varies from medium, ritual and the way to use magic.
Old 2011-03-27, 11:06   Link #449
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
maybe he meant that the espers powers are usually control over certain element or scientifically speaking an element in science. Just like control over oxygen or nitrogen even though those two are both gases or air. Control over electrodes and high combustion.
However most passages list out general abilities like fire, water, wind, ice, lightning, telekinesis, telepathy... If anything it's specific element control like Nitrogen that falls under the 'rare powers'. Of course it wasn't mentioned outright but that's my general impression from the daihaisensai arc.

Teleportation also falls under 'rare powers' since there are only a few of them relative to the other types.
Old 2011-03-27, 17:26   Link #450
giorno

Quote:
"wind" espers? isn't that power either manipulating pressure or telekinesis?

and yes, manipulation of water would be aquakinesis, and yes, it is a power that could be similar to water magic

pyrokinesis on the other hand...

for the record, accelerator in theory could replicate most of the "elemental powers". In fact, he did so several times...
Old 2011-03-27, 21:34   Link #451
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
"wind" espers? isn't that power either manipulating pressure or telekinesis?
Aero hand is pretty windy; you can get all technical about the terms but when you get down to it it's basically getting air to do stuff.

Quote:
pyrokinesis on the other hand...
Even if they're never shown, it's not hard to imagine them.
Old 2011-03-28, 02:03   Link #452
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Even if they're never shown, it's not hard to imagine them.
Pyrokinesis never shown? Than what do you call the guy who Kuroko was fighting in Railgun Anime ep1?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 00:11   Link #453
judasmartel
*Author

I think the Pyromaster that Judgement fought with was a particularly weak one. I think that's at most Level 3. I wonder if Pyromaster abilities weren't as developed as say, Electromaster, because Pyromaster is probably more difficult to develop than Electromaster, or that if Pyromaster can also be developed as easily as Electromaster, Pyromaster would be too imbalanced to gain a greater potential than Electromaster.

But that's only my opinion. Probably one would say that Electromaster > Pyromaster because only the EM made it to level 5, while the PM didn't. But again, imagine a level 5 PM and pit it against the level 5 EM and see the results for yourself. IMO, I'm seeing a stalemate between the two espers. But like I said, it's only my opinion.

Sure, esper elements are only the ones included in the periodic table. I am just saying, "What if there are espers who have control over the classical elements, but are not necessarily mages?" Then what could be their potential abilities? That's considering we already know from Misaka Mikoto how strong a level 5 Electromaster is.
Old 2011-03-29, 00:33   Link #454
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

A Level 5 Pyromancer would be one of the most destructive espers, in a bad way.
The AIM will passively give off heat on her surroundings, causing anything and anyone to suffer from heat damage (on humans: hyperthermia, heat stroke, etc.; on machines, overheating, melting of vulnerable materials). Active use of its powers would require fire-proof clothing so that she does not burn herself.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-29, 00:36   Link #455
Phibrizzo
Honos628

AIMs dont work that way at all, just because mikoto is bad at controlling her emotions and let sparks here and there doesnt mean all espers are like that.

Also remember a lvl 4 maybe weaker than a lvl 3 but have a better degree of control and do more tricks even if his/her power is less than the lvl 3.
Old 2011-03-29, 01:08   Link #456
judasmartel
*Author

@Phibirizzo Or do you mean a level 3 esper who has full control of his/her powers will pwn a level 4 with no control of his/her own powers whatsoever? Or is it the other way around?

@Marcus I see. Pyromaster is indeed a difficult one to suppress. At least Misaka can still take a nice good bath without getting electrocuted by herself. O_O
Old 2011-03-29, 01:13   Link #457
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Any of those the lvl is basically a measure or power + control.

You can have lots of power and be a lvl 5 (Gunha), or have a really impressive control but little power but a great deal of control over it.
Old 2011-03-29, 06:05   Link #458
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
AIMs dont work that way at all, just because mikoto is bad at controlling her emotions and let sparks here and there doesnt mean all espers are like that.
That's not how it works either.

The AIM field is suppose to be very small trace amounts of the Esper's powers, for Mikoto's case it's that static thingy that scares off animals. If even a Level 5 only produce that small amount of trace power I don't think any AIM field would be dangerous to humans, no matter the power type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Also remember a lvl 4 maybe weaker than a lvl 3 but have a better degree of control and do more tricks even if his/her power is less than the lvl 3.
Are you refering to the same type of ability? Still, Generally speaking a Lvl 4 is suppose to produce more power than a Lvl 3, maybe it's not in the form of raw energy, but they are supposedly able to accomplished more with what they got.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-03-29 at 06:22.
Old 2011-03-29, 14:15   Link #459
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I am just saying, "What if there are espers who have control over the classical elements, but are not necessarily mages?" Then what could be their potential abilities? That's considering we already know from Misaka Mikoto how strong a level 5 Electromaster is.
and as i was saying, it would depend on how the power works and the degree of control over it

i'm guessing stuff like throwing fireballs, creating walls of flames or even speed up molecular vibration to the point of breaking molecular bonds would be possible
Old 2011-04-01, 21:59   Link #460
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
There are elements...and there are Elements.

Magic Elements essentially are building blocks of the world that you can use to screw with reality. Example is Fianma calling Gabriel down.

Tags
hard science