AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-06-04, 17:21   Link #41
BlankVoid

Send a message via AIM to BlankVoid Send a message via MSN to BlankVoid
Wow, the art is embarrassing. I have high expectations for this. Hopefully, this adaptation can be at least a quarter of how epic the game was during its time.
Old 2011-06-04, 19:47   Link #42
Nihokon

IMHO the art looks good enough for me.
Sora no Kiseki is one of the few good RPGs for PSP, so I would love to see it animated
Old 2011-06-24, 07:44   Link #43
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

http://www.sora-anime.com/

Website updated with a bunch of sections now.
Old 2011-07-16, 18:05   Link #44
BunnyRailgun

The website now has Olivier and Scherazard. Can't wait to see more characters like Tita.
BunnyRailgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 09:31   Link #45
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky OAV release for blu-ray and DVD

@ Endless History

The first OVA is due out on November 25th! Apparently the anime project will consist of several OVAs.
Old 2011-07-29, 10:59   Link #46
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Suddenly a lot less interested in the project now... Has potential, but OVAs take a long time to come out.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 07:48   Link #47
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latest Dengeki issue
・空の軌跡のアニメは劇場公開後にOVAでリリース、合計80分
・ストーリーはSCがメインに
On the latest Dengeki. The OVA will be 80 minutes long and the story will cover material from SC. With it being this long, I wonder if there's even going to be a second episode, it sounds a lot more like a movie.

Although if they DO make a second one and it runs for 80 minutes, that's actually a lot of time, haha.
Old 2011-08-19, 07:24   Link #48
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

New PV. Cool mix of the song, but some scenes don't really look very good. Or maybe it's the effect of watching this right after finishing REDLINE.

Oh, and the video description says it'll be 2 episodes long. But I'm not sure if it's two 80 minutes long episodes? Or two 40 minutes one, making the total 80 minutes.
Old 2011-09-14, 21:45   Link #49
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

new PV

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...trailer-posted
Old 2011-10-12, 15:24   Link #50
Cyblaster
Lurker

another new PV

Cyblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-12, 15:43   Link #51
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Trails in the Sky is the best story-based JRPG on the PSP (really no contest considering the feeble story-based rpgs on the system, but I digress). With the uncertainty over whether XSEED can bring the other two installments over to us poor non-Japanese understanding masses, this OVA could potentially be the only way for us to experience the continuation of the story from the cliffhanger of the first game as my understanding is that it's based on a chunk of the second game (and, obviously from the trailer, the ending of the first).

So, I'm actually a bit torn. The last thing I want to do is ruin the second game by watching the story (it's a story-based JRPG after all). Yet, without any certainty that the second game is coming, if XSEED doesn't proclaim that it's a go by the time this OVA is out, I'm going to be hard pressed to resist the temptation of watching.

Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 13:04   Link #52
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
... this OVA could potentially be the only way for us to experience the continuation of the story from the cliffhanger of the first game as my understanding is that it's based on a chunk of the second game (and, obviously from the trailer, the ending of the first).

So, I'm actually a bit torn. The last thing I want to do is ruin the second game by watching the story (it's a story-based JRPG after all). Yet, without any certainty that the second game is coming, if XSEED doesn't proclaim that it's a go by the time this OVA is out, I'm going to be hard pressed to resist the temptation of watching.

I actually didn't think Falcom actually would go through with Second Chapter instead of the first one, but then, coming from one who (while having fuzzy memory due to looooong time not playing it) finished both chapters already (and... Somehow have yet to finish Rei no Kiseki yet due to laziness), I'm happy with this ww

In my opinion though, those who still want to play the Second Chapter should not, ever, watch this first. It seems to be going to spoil a lot (and this is from the OP only 8/). And SC is basically 'the meat' of Sora no Kiseki First Chapter (and Third probably, considering I was ing until I middle-ragequit "The Third" lol) holds no candle to Second Chapter. In my opinion, that is

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 21:35   Link #53
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Well, XSEED has said the sales for Tails in the Sky were lower than expected, which greatly reduces the chances they are ever going to translate the next two games, so it looks a lot like this OVA is the best bet for english speaking fans to enjoy the story beyond the cliffhanger of the first game. Sure, they say a lot of PR speak about how they'll work on making it happen, but I think most of us aren't five and know how to interpret PR-speak.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 00:02   Link #54
Shadow5YA

Now I remember where I've seen this artstyle from. These are the same guys who animated the .hack//Quantum OVAs.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 13:28   Link #55
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Well, XSEED has said the sales for Tails in the Sky were lower than expected, which greatly reduces the chances they are ever going to translate the next two games, so it looks a lot like this OVA is the best bet for english speaking fans to enjoy the story beyond the cliffhanger of the first game. Sure, they say a lot of PR speak about how they'll work on making it happen, but I think most of us aren't five and know how to interpret PR-speak.
Someone recently asked on XSEED facebook page that what's going on with Trails in the Sky SC, if it's going to get translated and such, and all we got as an answer was something like '' Uh, no comment *runs away* ''.

That was rather suspicious answer, if the game wasn't coming they should just say no. But if it was coming, why not just admit to it ..

Btw, when I read this thread title I really went '' WHAAAT '' but then was utterly disappointed. An ova only .. so no chance of watching it as a running series which starts from FC. Like someone else wrote too, I'm not sure if I want to watch this. I want to watch it for the continuation of the epic story, but it'll ruin the experience I'd have when playing SC if it ever gets translated.

Ps. The art looks awful. <.<
Old 2011-11-26, 08:11   Link #56
FireChick

Doesn't the first DVD come out today.

Also, Saiga Mitsuki as Joshua... <3 <3 <3
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 16:43   Link #57
Yushi

Just watched the first ep I didn't know it would take place after the first game, so it was a wonderful surprise for me! XD Actions scenes were for the most part very smooth and exciting to watch Plot is of course <3 Can't wait for the next ep!
Does anyone know if this ova series (or whatever you call it) covers only until the second chapter or to the end (i.e. the third chapter?)
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 17:55   Link #58
d-one

Sora no Kiseki The Third is mostly a fan disc. The main story ended in the second Chapter so I think the OVA series is only going for the SC story
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 18:01   Link #59
Yushi

Ah, so the main story ends in second chapter? That's good news indeed! Thank you! I really hope the DVDs gets licensed and sold here, would definitely add to my collection!
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 09:07   Link #60
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
I actually didn't think Falcom actually would go through with Second Chapter instead of the first one, but then, coming from one who (while having fuzzy memory due to looooong time not playing it) finished both chapters already (and... Somehow have yet to finish Rei no Kiseki yet due to laziness), I'm happy with this ww

In my opinion though, those who still want to play the Second Chapter should not, ever, watch this first. It seems to be going to spoil a lot (and this is from the OP only 8/). And SC is basically 'the meat' of Sora no Kiseki First Chapter (and Third probably, considering I was ing until I middle-ragequit "The Third" lol) holds no candle to Second Chapter. In my opinion, that is
ahhh... I thought something seemed off when peeking at the OVa. I'm only halfway through FC but the OVa is so tempting!

The drawing seems different. The characters' faces are too round!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, eiyuu densetsu, fantasy, legend of heroes, sora no kiseki, trails in the sky, trails series