AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-06-08, 14:36   Link #641
hayate-sama
お姉さま、君はどこ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Damn! I wish he would become unrivaled again! Even Yuki wouldn't last 10 seconds against Kirito dual wielding. I think Kirito should be able to take on the whole Yuki's team along with Asuna if he used that skill since it's pretty cheat.

Read ch 5 and I want to cry. Kirito trained so hard but his friend can use the technique easily. He's too fast learning. WTF!? SAO from vol. 9 on isn't the same SAO I've been reading.
lol, it is not SAO world anymore, it is UW and I believe vol 9 is one of the best volume in my book so far, may be it only be topped by vol 1 or 2 .

BTW the sword skill is not that impressive with Eugeo since he got the system assissting the motion, Kazuto is still much better since he can use the sword skill or replicating it without the system assist.

Now I seriously need to play an MMORPG now
hayate-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 15:11   Link #642
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Now I seriously need to play an MMORPG now
That's exactly what I've been thinking since I've been reading this. The idea of a virtual reality game has always been fun to think about. Actually swing a sword to cut down an enemy. That's a long way off, so I just had a craving for a traditional grinder mmo. Unfortunately, I don't really have the time to put in hours at a time anymore.

Vol. 10 & anime soon!
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 17:15   Link #643
Flere821
Lurker

If anyone has a good MMORPG to recommend, I wouldn't mind trying it out... though I'm just a casual gamer (if even that), and aren't willing to spend money on gaming if I can help it.

On another note, thanks Teh Ping for still translating LNs
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 17:30   Link #644
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Even Yuki wouldn't last 10 seconds against Kirito dual wielding.
This might be an understatement. General Eugene (probably) hold out for more than 10 seconds

Just saw the update, thanks a lot for the translation

While we are at dual wielding, in Vol. 8 Excaliber SS, Kirito combined right- and left-handed one-sword skills and chained it to deal massive damage. In ALO 'Dual Blades' don't exist, hence Kirito can't register his 'Dual Blades' skills from SAO as OSS.
The question is, while Kirito is dual wielding in SAO, his gains access to skills involving two swords. Can he still use one-handed sword skills eg. 'Sonic leap' etc?
Old 2012-06-08, 17:31   Link #645
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
The question is, while Kirito is dual wielding in SAO, his gains access to skills involving two swords. Can he still use one-handed sword skills eg. 'Sonic leap' etc?
Yeah, he could. If he only had one sword wielded at that time I think.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 18:00   Link #646
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
This might be an understatement. General Eugene (probably) hold out for more than 10 seconds
Dude, that guy has the 2nd best sword in ALO and is STR-type guy, not speed-type like Asuna. Of course he lasted longer than 10 seconds because he was defending his best without the chance to counter. If it's Asuna then she'd have lost in a brink of an eye.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 18:11   Link #647
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Damn! I wish he would become unrivaled again! Even Yuki wouldn't last 10 seconds against Kirito dual wielding. I think Kirito should be able to take on the whole Yuki's team along with Asuna if he used that skill since it's pretty cheat.
Quote:
Dude, that guy has the 2nd best sword in ALO and is STR-type guy, not speed-type like Asuna. Of course he lasted longer than 10 seconds because he was defending his best without the chance to counter. If it's Asuna then she'd have lost in a brink of an eye.

Right, there was a misunderstanding then. I thought you meant Yuuki (Zekken) not Yuuki (Asuna). You mentioned Yuuki team +Asuna so I naturally assumed you meant Zekken.

Even if it's Kirito, taking on 6 people on Zekken's level along with Asuna is suicide, since his style is to attack while not defending. With Asuna and Shiune acting as as healers and the others attacking Kirito from all 4 sides, he can't possibly defend all attacks.

While we are at it, is Asuna's last name Yuuki or Yuki? Throughout the LN it was translated as Yuuki, if I'm not wrong.
Old 2012-06-08, 20:07   Link #648
CNine
Inactive Member

the whereabout of PoH is still mysterious, is he the last boss?
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 20:15   Link #649
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
the whereabout of PoH is still mysterious, is he the last boss?
No, he is not the final boss.

I think he died in SAO and someone else took the reigns of "Laughing Coffin."

The final boss is a guy who specializes in Poisons, and prefers black.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 20:20   Link #650
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
No, he is not the final boss.

I think he died in SAO and someone else took the reigns of "Laughing Coffin."

The final boss is a guy who specializes in Poisons, and prefers black.
but in vol 6 Kirito[or Cline, forgot which one] stated that the whereabout of PoH is unknown in last crusade nor he is died in battle either
Old 2012-06-08, 20:36   Link #651
Azure-Priest

Quote:
but in vol 6 Kirito[or Cline, forgot which one] stated that the whereabout of PoH is unknown in last crusade nor he is died in battle either
Well, he's either in prison or dead because he's not the one who goes after Kirito in volume 9.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 20:41   Link #652
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure-Priest View Post
Well, he's either in prison or dead because he's not the one who goes after Kirito in volume 9.
yeah, instead he got professional assasin goes for his life
Old 2012-06-08, 22:39   Link #653
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Let's face it, if you want Kirito to be completely invincible, just go read fanfiction. Unlike the other arcs when he's a Gary Stu (he already was for most of the series up till now), it's really an application of his skills for him to back from zero because his stats are modified to be of an ordinary male in Underworld at that point like most RPGs. Given the instances of volume 7, if Yuuki played SAO, she would be the one getting the dual wielding ability instead of Kazuto.

Konno Yuuki's name is Yuuki, correct, which makes the joke 'Yuuki Yuuki' if she got married to Asuna. PoH couldn't be found ever since the crusade on Laughing Coffin.

And I don't actually expect rep here, but I'll be taking 10 entirely while Beginner goes for Accel World. (Maybe, or a long break for him)
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 04:56   Link #654
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Let's face it, if you want Kirito to be completely invincible, just go read fanfiction. Unlike the other arcs when he's a Gary Stu (he already was for most of the series up till now), it's really an application of his skills for him to back from zero because his stats are modified to be of an ordinary male in Underworld at that point like most RPGs. Given the instances of volume 7, if Yuuki played SAO, she would be the one getting the dual wielding ability instead of Kazuto.

Konno Yuuki's name is Yuuki, correct, which makes the joke 'Yuuki Yuuki' if she got married to Asuna. PoH couldn't be found ever since the crusade on Laughing Coffin.

And I don't actually expect rep here, but I'll be taking 10 entirely while Beginner goes for Accel World. (Maybe, or a long break for him)
Speaking of, Gary Stu is a term limited to fan fiction. Whenever I hear it, I instantly get reminded of a certain story (the name escapes at the moment) wherein the MC is a mix of a dragon, a cyborg, a vampire, a werewolf, and many more that I can't remember. He effectively takes on the most powerful beings from a vast variety of fictional universes, and beats them all. Kirito seems fairly normal in comparison. Ah, I imagine I'll be explaining this in the anime thread once it starts airing. xD

Volume 10? Good luck, bro!
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 05:23   Link #655
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Alucard from Hellsing and Tenchi from Tenchi Universe are invincible for all I know. I believe Alucard is the epitome of invincible protagonist since there's really nothing that can threaten him in the show. And he overpower the last boss so bad that I think it's a grave sin to ever dare challenging him.

Chrome Shelled Regios kinda makes me mad with Layfon not being invincible, angster and his power doesn't truly come from himself... although every single characters usually have their power given anyway, not much hard work.

Yeah, Kirito is normal now. He can't solo the opponents like other invincible heroes do. That's why I'm a bit mad.

BTW, do you think Yuuki would survive if she were in SAO? There's a chance she'd die too. like other veterans. And the fact that Yuuki is so ridiculously strong isn't solely because of her talent, but she also dives in NERVGEAR longer than the rest, in safe mode that she can face more difficult challenges and train harder without fear of brain fried.

In the end though, Kirito seems to think a lot about how other people are so gifted and fast learning than he is (Asuna in Aria of the Starless Night, Eugeol, Sinon) and comments in his monologue that he's not sure if he could win against them, but he seems to be superior than them all anyway, far stronger since he easily beats them all (not sure about Eugeol)...
Old 2012-06-09, 05:36   Link #656
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Alucard from Hellsing and Tenchi from Tenchi Universe are invincible for all I know. I believe Alucard is the epitome of invincible protagonist since there's really nothing that can threaten him in the show. And he overpower the last boss so bad that I think it's a grave sin to ever dare challenging him.

Chrome Shelled Regios kinda makes me mad with Layfon not being invincible, angster and his power doesn't truly come from himself... although every single characters usually have their power given anyway, not much hard work.

Yeah, Kirito is normal now. He can't solo the opponents like other invincible heroes do. That's why I'm a bit mad.

BTW, do you think Yuuki would survive if she were in SAO? There's a chance she'd die too. like other veterans. And the fact that Yuuki is so ridiculously strong isn't solely because of her talent, but she also dives in NERVGEAR longer than the rest, in safe mode that she can face more difficult challenges and train harder without fear of brain fried.

In the end though, Kirito seems to think a lot about how other people are so gifted and fast learning than he is (Asuna in Aria of the Starless Night, Eugeol, Sinon) and comments in his monologue that he's not sure if he could win against them, but he seems to be superior than them all anyway, far stronger since he easily beats them all (not sure about Eugeol)...
strong people never consider themself more superior than other
Old 2012-06-09, 05:46   Link #657
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
strong people never consider themself more superior than other
Yeah, I never really saw any parts Kirito mention that he is strong. When he's gonna kick someone ass, he'll just say to them something along the line "bring it!" before crushing them. His inner monologue also seems to be along the line "his opponents are formidable", but he crushed them so easily.
Old 2012-06-09, 06:06   Link #658
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Yeah, I never really saw any parts Kirito mention that he is strong. When he's gonna kick someone ass, he'll just say to them something along the line "bring it!" before crushing them. His inner monologue also seems to be along the line "his opponents are formidable", but he crushed them so easily.
Yes, always assuming one's opponents are powerful is a great mindset to have when it comes to any type of fighting. That way, there shouldn't be any surprise if your opponent does end up being very formidable. It should reduce the initial shock enough for him to be able to retaliate.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 11:27   Link #659
tomtkp

Cover illustration of Volume 10 "Alicization Running" was revealed:

Kirito is there as usual.
As for the girl, good thing I already know who she is. Teehee.

Last edited by tomtkp; 2012-06-09 at 11:51.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-09, 11:39   Link #660
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Is that after the 2 year gap? Or during it
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality