AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 13:22   Link #41
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
More like they are Jedi that can fall ridiculously easily.
So, Sith.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 13:38   Link #42
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd1979 View Post
I think it was a bad choice of words to use 'love'. It comes across as it should be 'emotion'. I wonder if this is a mistranslation, but somehow I doubt it.
not a mistranslation.
Old 2013-02-05, 13:52   Link #43
Ushio the Omega

Okay Tsunade is 54 and Hiruzen died at 69 when Tsunade was 50. That means if Tsunade and Hashirama met, Hiruzen was 19 when Hashirama was still the Shodai!
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 14:03   Link #44
itachi-san314

Awesome chapter! I love hashirama and tobirama. They have the perfect personalities. I agree the love thing was kinda lame, but it really ties the whole uchiha story together well. it gives a pretty solid reason behind some supposed verisimilitude issues with extreme reactions from both sasuke and obito to emotional situations. It also gives new depth to madara's character. he isn't just a war obsessed jerk. he's much more complex and went through the same thing sasuke and obito did only on a supposedly higher level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
It seems Sasuke can control how his EMS design looks or it somehow regressed back to his MS like when Cell from DBZ lost power and turned back into his 2nd form (if you've seen DBZ).
I was so into the story, I didnt even notice at first... might be a simple mistake like A's arm. I dont see the point of needing to hold back the EMS. I don't see why it wouldn't take about as much chakra as MS. unless of course we get told that it does

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I was surprised about Orochimaru's role in the chapter. Calmly talking like some sort of moderator, giving hints and putting the discussion into the right direction.
i figured he'd be like this. he's a sponge for information so he's soaking it all up while he can

Quote:
More like they are Jedi that can fall ridiculously easily.
like sith. my girlfriend might die in childbirth? better do what this obviously evil man tells me to do and kill everyone

Quote:
He was kind of just point blank explained that the Uchiha are doomed from the onset, so I doubt he is thinking of reviving his crazy ass clan. If anything, he is probably thinking of becoming a eunuch...
lol. or he could just stay gay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neji112 View Post
I think the question Sasuke really needs to ask is....

Where is the rest of the Senju clan? At this point they are clan of 2 dead brothers and a grand daughter(who must of come from the Stork).
my thoughts exactly. i was hoping that would be the cliffhanger of the chapter. maybe next chapter we will get it that's very high on my list of expectations for an actual answer. of all the times to get it, it would be now
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 14:23   Link #45
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
lol. or he could just stay gay...
I'd be fine with that. Sadly, Kishimoto doesn't have the chutzpah to let a main character in a Shounen Jump series be gay.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 14:32   Link #46
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

after all the talk of the first Hokage, it actually felt good to see him to speak for real, however i did not expect him to be like this,Tobirama quite suits in good

Never could have though that uchiha's are the sensitive and emotional people,after seeing them so cold and arrogant, but the Tobirma's explanation about the link between their despair and the sharingan was pretty good
he has questioned the two and now the first and fourth remains, wonder what he will talk to the fourth if it is about Naruto

And really the more i learn about Itachi the more i like him, and everytime something is opened up about him still it feels that everything about him is not shown. His character still lives in the story even thought he is practically dead
Old 2013-02-05, 14:59   Link #47
itachi-san314

Quote:
I'd be fine with that. Sadly, Kishimoto doesn't have the chutzpah to let a main character in a Shounen Jump series be gay.
yea, it would have made sasuke a much more dynamic character to actually be gay or be multitasking and repopulating the clan while he's taking his vengeance. the story was set up perfectly for him to be a lady's man so the edgier and more interesting route would have been to make him gay or take sakura, ino and karin up on their offers and do the only thing women are capable of in the narutoverse (as put by kurenai's father before his death)
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 15:19   Link #48
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

So my theory that Obito was brain damaged was vindicated, it just so happen to be a built in Uchiha feature. Who would have thought.
Anyway I usually like revelation chapter but I found this one lacking. It was all just confirmation of already known information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea, it would have made sasuke a much more dynamic character to actually be gay or be multitasking and repopulating the clan while he's taking his vengeance. the story was set up perfectly for him to be a lady's man so the edgier and more interesting route would have been to make him gay or take sakura, ino and karin up on their offers and do the only thing women are capable of in the narutoverse (as put by kurenai's father before his death)
Shounen manga usually go only two routes : pointless fan-service or complete asexuality. There are virtually no inbetween.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 15:32   Link #49
Ero-Senn1n

At last it's confirmed that Uchiha have some genetically inherited mental illness which nicely complements their ability to mindfuck people. Now the crazy behavior of Sasuke and Obito is explained at last. Even if Obito impersonating Madara still feels stupid, or did he put one of Madara's black rods up in his ass?

What i liked is the 1st hokage's personality, it explains why he gave away most of his tailed beast collection to other villages, the 2nd would not have done that. Some more information about the Uzumaki clan would be cool, also as part of that Minato should also talk more.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 15:43   Link #50
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Ok. So madara really loved his brother. But he and Izuna both activated the mangekyou together....so they Witnessed their parents die??

I like shodais personality. Reminds me of Goku....

(Karin will be recruited to help with kyuubi chakra)
Old 2013-02-05, 15:51   Link #51
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

I'm getting a Naruto-ish vibe from the Shodai Hokage. They're complete buffoons during downtime but Gods when they're needed. As for the EMS->MS, perhaps the EMS pattern does more than just cure the blindness. I've always thought the EMS would have a completely new set of jitsu. Seems weird that Sasuke would not show it off... with that hubris of his.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 16:03   Link #52
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Ummmm... WHO IS THIS GUY?!!

That really got me laughing man...I really enjoyed this chapter good to see the personalities of
all the Kages. The amount of PURE POWER AWESOMENESS in that one room is just AWESOME.
All their powers combined would easily put an end to the war going on.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:04   Link #53
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Ok. So madara really loved his brother. But he and Izuna both activated the mangekyou together....so they Witnessed their parents die??
It is still be true that to obtain MS you kill your best friend, to obtain EMS you kill your brother or someone very close to you who also has MS and then take his eyes. When you cause directly or indirectly the death of someone who you really love (best friend, brother, parents, girlfriend) the impact is stronger than if they were killed by some random enemy, so that very strong emotion triggers some changes in the Uchiha brain which then lead to the level up of the sharingan eye powers. It's most likely that Madara did it exactly in that way, first his best friend and then his brother, so he became some kind of role model for some of the Uchiha. Who knows, maybe Sasuke's father also planned on making Itachi and Sasuke fight each other to let one obtain the EMS. But of course to obtain MS and EMS it doesn't have to be that way. According to the story while Madara ruled the clan it was natural to kill each other for MS/EMS. Apparently for Itachi it was enough to help his best friend Shisui in his suicide to obtain MS, and it makes sense because if you let your best friend commit suicide you might feel guilt which is very similar to the sense of guilt you have when you actively kill him. Then there's Obito, he was always a very sensitive child, he helped old people and he wanted to save Rin as opposed to the colder Kakashi, he even sacrificed himself for Kakashi. So being so sensitive can explain why he could obtain his MS just by witnessing the scene where Kakashi kills Rin. It seems that only Kakashi won't get any non-lame explanation for his MS, but it's the great Kakashi so who cares
But the thing that doesn't make sense is Itachi's behavior towards Sasuke. Why would Itachi push Sasuke to be like Madara when he should know well that strong emotions can cause Sasuke to become some kind of berserker who sooner or later has to be killed by konoha or others.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-02-05 at 16:21.
Old 2013-02-05, 16:24   Link #54
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
^ He got it after Itachi killed his parents.
oh yah that's right. Well does a reawakening still count haha.

I want to see what the 3rd and 4th have to say about naruto. I wonder if minato knows about naruto being able to control the kyuubi since his chakra was inside of him when it opened.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 17:15   Link #55
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It is still be true that to obtain MS you kill your best friend, to obtain EMS you kill your brother or someone very close to you who also has MS and then take his eyes. When you cause directly or indirectly the death of someone who you really love (best friend, brother, parents, girlfriend) the impact is stronger than if they were killed by some random enemy, so that very strong emotion triggers some changes in the Uchiha brain which then lead to the level up of the sharingan eye powers. It's most likely that Madara did it exactly in that way, first his best friend and then his brother, so he became some kind of role model for some of the Uchiha. Who knows, maybe Sasuke's father also planned on making Itachi and Sasuke fight each other to let one obtain the EMS. But of course to obtain MS and EMS it doesn't have to be that way. According to the story while Madara ruled the clan it was natural to kill each other for MS/EMS. Apparently for Itachi it was enough to help his best friend Shisui in his suicide to obtain MS, and it makes sense because if you let your best friend commit suicide you might feel guilt which is very similar to the sense of guilt you have when you actively kill him. Then there's Obito, he was always a very sensitive child, he helped old people and he wanted to save Rin as opposed to the colder Kakashi, he even sacrificed himself for Kakashi. So being so sensitive can explain why he could obtain his MS just by witnessing the scene where Kakashi kills Rin. It seems that only Kakashi won't get any non-lame explanation for his MS, but it's the great Kakashi so who cares
But the thing that doesn't make sense is Itachi's behavior towards Sasuke. Why would Itachi push Sasuke to be like Madara when he should know well that strong emotions can cause Sasuke to become some kind of berserker who sooner or later has to be killed by konoha or others.
Huh??? Lol

Well, izanagi, izanami makes a lil more sense. Sensitive uchiha trying to teach their fallen brethren a lesson.....
Old 2013-02-05, 17:32   Link #56
gibits
Endless

"Uchiha are all emo"
--2nd Hokage
So that would explain why Uchiha are so passionate and arrogant. It sounds stupid when I say it but the 2nd/Kishi tied that up nicely for me. He explained 2 things about all Uchiha in one swoop.
This gives a bit more credence as to why Obito fell so hard when compared to other characters.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 18:05   Link #57
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Huh??? Lol
Well if you want to get an idea of how Madara was i guess you can take the Sasuke vs Naruto battle, Sasuke at one point says to Naruto that becoming his best friend was a good thing in order to obtain the MS and tries to kill Naruto. In the end he changed his mind, but the Madara statue is also a hint. At that point he was like Madara, he tried to sacrifice his best friend to unlock his MS as Itachi told him. It had to be someone he "loves", otherwise it would not work (if he takes the rules literally).
Old 2013-02-05, 20:20   Link #58
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Orochimaru: "Tsunade is Hokage now."
Hashirama: OTL "Is the village alright?"

I'm sorry but this killed me.

and if Naruto suddenly got the other half of the Kyuubi chakra he'd be Godlike or something...
One could say he would be the new sage of sage of the six paths. As for the whole love thing it was quite funny but in the end it does tie up how one get the love eyes and how they can become stronger. Plus how only a few where able to gain the Mangekyō Sharingan and the conditions that are set to gain it. The interactions with all 4 hokages where funny and the 1st is funny. I do hope all 5 hokages get a chance to talk.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 20:30   Link #59
kitten320

Oh please... Kishimoto's way of making Sasuke "good" again are too glaring.

Sasuke: I did it all because of love, please forgive me!
Sakura: Of course it's love, what else could it be!
Naruto: I always knew that you are good!
Village: We forgive you!

If any of that happens, I'll instantly downgrade this manga.
Old 2013-02-05, 20:34   Link #60
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

On the lighter note, gambling problems are genetic
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion