AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-04-04, 22:07   Link #81
HasuMasu
*Artist

Somehow it being most likely a herbivore doesn't make it any less scary.

I'll tell you what is a damn herbivore, rhinos.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 00:03   Link #82
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

While the two sequel movies were... painful. To say the least. I'd love to see another T-Rex playing football with cars again. Besides, the Dino's are supposed to be "protected" now, if you go by the end of the second movie. It's not like they're a secret anymore. Dino-human hybrids are a facepalm worthy idea I hope they don't follow, it's right up there Weyland-Yutani's fixation on the Xenomorph. Honestly I'd like to see more of the followup to the scenes at the end of the second movie, like how Dinosaurs can fit in the modern world, a pseudo-documentary with David Attenborough would be awesome - would be great to see him and his brother on screen together.
Old 2013-04-05, 18:24   Link #83
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Zombie-Raptors, they are after humans.
Old 2013-04-05, 18:48   Link #84
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
While the two sequel movies were... painful. To say the least.
JP2 being painful? Yes. JP3? Not so much IMO. If there’s one thing the JP3 excels, it’s the fun-factor which running throughout the movie and the movie's brief run-time that makes it not overstaying its welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Zombie-Raptors, they are after humans.
Slow-moving Raptors? Not that much scary though.

Better yet: zombie dinosaurs in general, so that I can watch towering herbivores like Brachio going after humans for “Brraaaaaiiinnss.......”.
Old 2013-04-06, 01:43   Link #85
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

I really dunno what to make of this. With the 2 sequels (JP2 being gash, JP3 being okay-ish), I have a hard time seeing what more can be made out of this considering how everything was mostly explored unless you have ex-InGen scientists trying something elsewhere.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 02:23   Link #86
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Technically, that's what the second movie was all about - the InGen remnants trying to restart the JP adventure by reclaiming the dinosaurs on Isla Sorna, but now that the gov. of Costa Rica and the US armed forces are aware of the potential disaster such an endeavor can lead to (the San Diego Incident), no one will be trying to pick up where InGen left off for fear of a tremendous backlash. In fact, I expect the UN or some other body of authority to issue moratoriums on genetic experimentation in order to prevent the JP tragedy from ever reoccurring.

JP:TLW was sort of a mess because, IMHO, the production staff decided not to follow Michael Crichton's novel, as it contained too much dialogue on the theory of evolution, biological extinction and the scientific dilemmas/inconsistencies that come therewith (this is also partly because Malcolm is the main character in that book, and he grew more preachy and sullen since his accident at Isla Nublar) - it'd have simply bored the audience to tears. Additionally, the action only picked up in the second half of the book, leaving the first one overflowing with explanations and debates. It's also a darker book, as the characters are a bit older and thus had very little to offer in terms of childish wonderment, which the first movie brought to the audience. Spielberg thus had to settle for a clunky "InGen is trying to build a new park and kidnapping a bunch of dinos, heroes must stop them" plot, while fishing for novel elements here and there - the most obvious one being the T-Rex vs. trailer scene.

However, there were two things from the second novel that could've been picked up by either Johnston or Spielberg:
- Lewis Dodgson (the guy who corrupted Nedry in the first book/novel) making another bid for the dinos, but this time he doesn't want embryos/DNA, he wants live eggs, prompting him to take a hike up to Isla Sorna and finish the job Nedry couldn't. This was somewhat tweaked in the second movie: it's not BioSyn executives who are travelling to Isla Sorna, it's the remnants of InGen themselves. Dodgson never reappeared in the movies, but his storyline was completed in the TLW novel.
- The dinosaurs being affected by an unknown disease that inadvertently causes the predator population to multiply beyond the natural safe balance, to the point that Isla Sorna becomes extremely dangerous...and the characters realize at the end that this ecosystem is actually a ticking time bomb, and extinction could be imminent.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-04-08 at 02:50.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 02:24   Link #87
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Wow, I heard this was cancelled. Boy am I shocked about this, I didn't like the third film so I'm kind of worried how they'll handle this one.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 02:46   Link #88
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Not cancelled, more like "lost in development hell"...until someone kicked it back to life, most likely because of the Jurassic Park anniversary coming right around the corner.
Old 2013-04-08, 03:27   Link #89
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
However, there were two things from the second novel that could've been picked up by either Johnston or Spielberg:
- Lewis Dodgson (the guy who corrupted Nedry in the first book/novel) making another bid for the dinos, but this time he doesn't want embryos/DNA, he wants live eggs, prompting him to take a hike up to Isla Sorna and finish the job Nedry couldn't. This was somewhat tweaked in the second movie: it's not BioSyn executives who are travelling to Isla Sorna, it's the remnants of InGen themselves. Dodgson never reappeared in the movies, but his storyline was completed in the TLW novel.
Even though Dodgson would’ve been a nice addition, but I also like Roland Tembo character in the movie. Ironically, the one involving Roland’s introduction got scrapped since Spielberg deemed it unnecessary. What a mistake it was. That scene really deserves in the movie because Roland was so badass in it, and I have no doubt it will make it easier for the audience to root for him instead of the “sudden appearance” we got in the final cut of JP2. I really want a JP2: Extended Edition someday with all the deleted scenes put back into the film (there’s only two of them and those are pretty nice and pretty important to the story imo).
Old 2013-04-09, 01:04   Link #90
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
By "some designs", do you mean the Dino-human hybrids they had some time ago? And yeah, I would like to see them if it's something new .
So you've seen the dino-human hybrids? Thank goodness someone else has It seems like they're too ridiculous for most people to imagine. Even when I saw the images splashed across several reputable film sites I expected to be told that they were just a joke. At least Monahan and Sayles' script didn't actually have them toting guns. That would have been even worse!

Oh, and so sorry for the delayed response. I was away from the forums for a little bit thanks to real life
Old 2013-04-30, 20:55   Link #91
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Un-feathered dinos in JP4 cause controversy

Have anyone read/heard about this?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurassicparkiv.org
Escape Studios have just posted an article in which they spoke to director Colin Trevorrow about his choice to not have feathered dinosaurs in Jurassic Park 4.

“Well, the Jurassic Park films have often been caught out by advances in paleontological understanding, and I’m sure our grasp on dinosaur biology and behaviour will only continue to evolve. I think it makes sense to just stick with the initially created rules rather than trying to keep pace with or second-guess reality”
Quote:
Originally Posted by telegraph.co.uk
But the upcoming Jurassic Park 4 has already caused controversy among palaeontologists, who are annoyed that the dinosaurs will not have feathers. Evidence has been growing since Steven Spielberg made the first Jurassic film that many dinosaurs were in fact feathered.

Colin Trevorrow (who worked on the film Safety Not Guaranteed) is directing the fourth installment and has already tweeted: "No feathers. #JP4". Spielberg is still on board as an executive producer.

Dinosaurs have long been depicted as leathery-skinned lizards (including in the Jurassic sequels of 1997 and 2001) but many, including Velociraptors and some Tyrannosaurs, had feathers. Palaeontologist Darren Naish, from the University of Southampton, called the film's decision not to have feathers "a disregard for knowledge," adding, "It helps perpetuate the notion that dinosaurs were all scaly dragons, alien and unlike modern animals".

Bumps on the forearm bone of Velociraptor fossils suggest the predators were adorned with fluffy feathers and the dinosaurs, portrayed as horse-size in Jurassic Park, were actually not much bigger than a modern-day turkey. Feathers are problematic to render in CGI, but the past few years have seen progress. Pixar's Up featured a bird with iridescent feathers, and the armies of CGI owls in the 2010 film Legend of the Guardians had bright feathers.
Link

So, which do you prefer, feathered dinos or scaly dinos?
Old 2013-04-30, 21:00   Link #92
Xagzan

Not a documentary.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 13:35   Link #93
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Trouble in Shangri-La?

Quote:
Strange things are happening at Jurassic Park, and it has nothing to do with velociraptors.

Movie fan sites were buzzing with speculation about the upcoming fourth installment in the "Jurassic Park" franchise Monday when two figures involved in the film posted messages on Twitter suggesting production has been suspended.

Dean Sherriff, a concept artist on the picture, tweeted, "Jp4 on hold." And more dramatically, Todd Smoyer, the film's digital asset manager, tweeted, "Hollywood makes and crushes dreams. Goodbye JP4." Both tweets have since been deleted.
Source.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal Pictures official statement
In coordination with filmmakers, Universal has decided to release Jurassic Park 4 at a later date giving the studio and filmmakers adequate time to bring audiences the best possible version of the fourth installment in Universal's beloved franchise. We could not be more excited about the vision that Colin Trevorrow has created for this film, and we look forward to watching as he and the producers create another great chapter in this franchise's storied history.
Source.
Old 2013-05-08, 14:09   Link #94
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ I'm all for giving them time to create a better movie, but this sounds a bit fishy. Is there a conflict between the movie makers and execs?
Old 2013-05-08, 15:56   Link #95
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

^ From what I hear through the grapevine (that fan site linked to in the Yahoo! news article), most of the art team attached to JP4 was laid off, so I guess UP and JP4 staff members had a significant disagreement, which ultimately led to a "restructuring of the guard", as someone put it.
Old 2013-05-08, 16:21   Link #96
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Well, if there’s a conflict at all, it’s better to dealt with early on during pre-production like this. Alien 3 already give us a perfect example of how disastrous conflict during production can be.
Old 2013-05-08, 22:43   Link #97
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Somehow it being most likely a herbivore doesn't make it any less scary.

I'll tell you what is a damn herbivore, rhinos.
That reminds me.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 07:00   Link #98
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ They only attack if you threaten them. Which is pretty easy if you're NOT A ANIMAL EXPERT! XP
Old 2013-06-21, 20:38   Link #99
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Some "leaked" plot from JoBlo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBlo

JURASSIC PARK 4, set in present day Isla Nublar, is now an actual theme park, as originally intended by John Hammond in the first film. It garners 10 million visitors per year and is completely safe - until it's not. The park itself is described as very Sea World-esque and includes an area called the Isla Nublar Lagoon. That means underwater dino's for the first time. No indication of what kind, but there's concept art showing one of the aquatic dino's, as part of a show, jumping out of the lagoon and eating a strung up great white shark like it was a fish for a dolphin at sea world.

As part of a show, you ask? That's right, folks, this will feature "tamed" dino's. In fact, our source indicated that the usually menacing Velociraptors (which will finally be muzzled, along with the T-Rex - until they're not) will actually be used to help fight the threat, which begins in the form of a new dinosaur, not seen in any of the previous films (and not disclosed to us) shows to be much smarter than originally thought and is the main cause of havoc breaking out at the park.

So, to sum it all up, JURASSIC PARK 4 will take place back on Isla Nublar with a fully operational dinosaur theme park (I'm sure no expense was spared) that's both prosperous and safe, until a new dinosaur figures out a way to wreak havoc, causing the use of the now tamed Velociraptors (and T-Rex? Unclear) as a means to fighting the threat.
Source
Old 2013-06-21, 21:57   Link #100
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Some "leaked" plot from JoBlo:

Source
Ah yes, what could possibly go wrong?

Endless "Murphy's Law" Soul