AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-08, 20:15   Link #181
Shift_

Must get the manga...
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 00:49   Link #182
Anime+
Banned

The ending was fairly decent. I really liked how they did not run out of creativity in terms of the animation. I thought it was a pretty good 1st season. Not a bad watch with only 9 half episodes.
Anime+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 02:01   Link #183
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

What ever happened to his girl that stood him up? She's in eps 1-2 and in the OP.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 04:30   Link #184
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

NOOOOOoooo! Aka didn't get banged in the end! >_< terrible terrible~!
Old 2006-04-09, 05:24   Link #185
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmandan
I do hope you are not watching just to see Aka to get banged

I liked the ending. Things was wrapped up and concluded.

Overall this series gets 8.5/10 from me. The mood is nice and story was good. Hopefully there will a second season.
Old 2006-04-09, 13:30   Link #186
riznar
Save the Lesbians!

...anyone who thinks that a 20-something couple doesn't get it on regularly is living in AMG land. Not that they would show it on camera...
riznar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 16:07   Link #187
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Manga ordered ... enroute.

As for any frolicking... you'll just have to use your imagination, it probably would enjoy the exercise anyway
Old 2006-04-09, 16:22   Link #188
jfs
Aegisub dev

Spoiler for the manga where ep 9 left off:

If you like ecchi, the manga is a much better bet than the anime, btw.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 16:22   Link #189
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmandan
Are you forgetting that they slept with each other in the first episode?
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 18:08   Link #190
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Honestly, in 90 minutes this series accomplishes more in-depth character and relational development than the majority of shows out there that span 400-500 minutes. Cute show, nice story, too bad they made it so bloody short.

Any body have the lowdown on the unusual choice of length, series and episode wise, for REC? I'm very curious.

Part of me wishes the series was longer but most of me is happy with how well the series ended and how good a majority of the series was.

I remember being apprehensive about a second season of Kaleido Star and so far the first 2 volumes of it have been mostly crap. But that's another story.
dojikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 18:38   Link #191
Amuse
BECK

What? So Episode 9 is the last episode of this series?
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 21:02   Link #192
musicgal

Hey guys, dropping by to say hi

i come to realise the more ecchi it is, the more interesting the story line is, eg: love hina , mahou sensei negima and ichigo 100% , looks like rec is going to be in my list for downloading.. i need some laughs man haha

oh yea besides these wonderful animations are there more ecchi animations you all can reccomend me? ecchi and love romance + comedy? cos i'm quite new to animations so hope you pros can give me advices, ty !!
musicgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 21:19   Link #193
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You might enjoy "Futari Ecchi" (Step Up Love) .... don't know where to get it though. Its about a late-marrying-by-matchmaking couple --- fairly comedic but actually pretty honest in how it treats the subject. There are 4 eps I know about (2 DVDs).
Its "fairly explicit"...

Be wary in general ... a lot of explicit series really have lousy plot lines. Most of the other "romance" shows I can think of are far too serious. You might try "Tsukuyomi Moon Phase" .... it manages to mix some serious tragedy in with pretty wacky humor. Nothing really explicit in that show, outside of some massive cuteness overload.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-04-09 at 21:42.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 21:46   Link #194
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

What? Vexx didn't recommend Shuffle? Each girl except for Primula gets a decent romance relationship.

And Negima isn't ecchi. Heck it's barely PG-13.

And thanks jfs, I thought that girl was going to be important later.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 22:03   Link #195
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well.. she was looking for "da funny" ....

Shuffle! has a mix of drama and comedy .... I have an opinion about the ending quality of writing but you should watch it without prejudice (in other words, don't read any posts first).

and yeah.. I'd hardly call Negima "ecchi" ... just a lot of fanservice. Even REC is only implicitly ecchi, just the first ep.
Love Hina is also just a lot of fanservice. Everyone has their own line of "ecchi vs fanservice" .... for me, the line is "are we seeing active sex or is it implied undercover? is the pose blatant?" ... simple nudity is just fanservice. If its in context (comtemplative bath or hotsprings conversation) -- then I'd argue it almost doesn't even qualify as fan service because it is a situation where people are normally unclothed.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-04-09 at 22:47.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 22:54   Link #196
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
and yeah.. I'd hardly call Negima "ecchi" ... just a lot of fanservice. Even REC is only implicitly ecchi, just the first ep.
Love Hina is also just a lot of fanservice. Everyone has their own line of "ecchi vs fanservice" .... for me, the line is "are we seeing active sex or is it implied undercover? is the pose blatant?" ... simple nudity is just fanservice.
Ecchi is usually only intended to mean naughty (yes, I'm aware that when you use it as a verb it means sex). Fanservice is something that is included for fans, but has no direct plot relevance. In Pani Poni Dash, one of the next episode bits is Rebecca doing a vampire bit (Rebecca's seiyuu was the seiyuu for the vampire girl in Tsukuyomi Moon Phase), that would be fanservice. Stan Lee cameos in all of the Marvel superhero movies, that's fanservice.
Panty shots, cleavage shots, etc are ecchi; they are also fanservice if they do not have a plot reason for existing. I'm only pointing this out to again get on my soap box that not all fanservice is ecchi in nature.
With that out of the way, the series you might be looking for is Magikano. Plenty of the ecchi kind of fanservice (including a whole episode about talking cat panties), and very funny. Girls Bravo, Please Twins, Please Teacher, Mahoromatic, and Maburaho are other examples (though, amusingly, they're all licensed).
I have to agree with Vexx, Shuffle is very ecchi, very fanservice-y (the inclusion of Tsubomi would be fanservice. ), and occasionally funny, but frequently it's not funny as well. Tsukuyomi is loaded with fanservice (nekomimi mode!) and also very funny (well, sometimes), but I don't really remember any ecchi-ness about it at all.
Old 2006-04-09, 23:33   Link #197
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah, I have to balance the japanese meaning against how it gets tossed about by anime fans....

ah I forgot about Magikano... great fun just don't take it seriously
Old 2006-04-10, 01:45   Link #198
musicgal

aha yea! magikano is funny!

u know the animation green green? i know we are quite off topic about rec, well th reason why i read the forum is to understand what is the animation about.. and of course with pros like you all reccomend, i would love to check them out... pardon this noob here... bt nevertheless, yup yup i downloading shuffle! soon.. i currently downloadint fruits basket and kanon.. took up alot of my space and i'm so lazy to burn them . so i'm sadly deleting my naruto and bleach fillers

wow you all know alot of stuffs ya? yea i am looking for some "cheeky +naughty" expressions and scenes, it'll tickle my funnybone =)

ty once again, will take note on the animations you all have watched so far

=)
Old 2006-04-10, 01:57   Link #199
Amuse
BECK

Just finished watching all 9 episodes today.. Pretty good anime!
Amuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-10, 03:18   Link #200
musicgal

hey heyy i getting hand itchy already dont tempt me! *roar*

okay! since the animation is so short, i shall download the animation tonight! muahahahahha *sadislaughter* - i'm just bored at work sigh...

Tags
romance, seinen