AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-12-31, 06:17   Link #61
qwerty4

^^ i love those songs. there so catchy
qwerty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 13:30   Link #62
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Does anyone know when the OST going to be release?
Or they are just going for the game ost, and not rerelease the ost at all?

if someone can please help me out, thanks
EnseiSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 14:42   Link #63
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnseiSong View Post
Does anyone know when the OST going to be release?
Or they are just going for the game ost, and not rerelease the ost at all?

if someone can please help me out, thanks
I can safely say an anime OST will never be released (the OP/ED single is a special one since they added the so-called 2006 memorial mix), most of the BGMs used are straight from the game's OST, plus some others from various remix albums. You should just get the game's one.
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 15:32   Link #64
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
I can safely say an anime OST will never be released (the OP/ED single is a special one since they added the so-called 2006 memorial mix), most of the BGMs used are straight from the game's OST, plus some others from various remix albums. You should just get the game's one.
Am currently the proud owner of the game OST. It was a "great" BGM soundtrack for a visual novel. It's a pity there are only 24 tracks and ended too quickly.

A curious question about the last track: it's titled "Kaze no Tadoritsuku Basho (Short ver)" (the ED song) yet the track itself is 7 minutes long. After the song itself finishes, it goes into silence for a minute or so, and then a variation of Nayuki's theme plays out for the rest of this track. Is this supposed to be a hidden track?

Also, does anyone have any idea how many Kanon music albums are there? (Including character singles, remix, etc. )
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 15:43   Link #65
EnseiSong
Clous Dolch

Ahh ok thank you guuchan for the answer, although I do hope they rerelease the music, putting the tracks that are in the anime on there only. If not I have to get all of the cds to get the few songs I like.....

As for Kinny Riddle, if you have the game ost. What's the name of the BGM that's always playing when Mai is around, like the part that Mai when berserk in ep 14. Also the song was playing when Makoto finally remembered Yuuichi's name in ep 10??

And if anyone know those two track, please help out thanks lots =)
EnseiSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 16:31   Link #66
New/Old
Old to the New

Enseisong.

Well. If you're looking for songs, I can help at least a little. The song for when Makoto remembered Yuuichi's name in Ep. 10 was "When I Wait for the Wind". At least, that is how I have come to know it by. Heh heh.

On the other song.... I will have to wait on that 'til. I actually get the sub.... I must say that I did away with the raw some time ago in preparation for the sub.... But if someone would like to answer that, then they are free to do so. Heh heh.
Old 2007-01-05, 16:38   Link #67
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
A curious question about the last track: it's titled "Kaze no Tadoritsuku Basho (Short ver)" (the ED song) yet the track itself is 7 minutes long. After the song itself finishes, it goes into silence for a minute or so, and then a variation of Nayuki's theme plays out for the rest of this track. Is this supposed to be a hidden track?

Also, does anyone have any idea how many Kanon music albums are there? (Including character singles, remix, etc. )
More like a "bonus" track, you can say. It's a rearranged version of Yuki no Shoujo, which is included in another album (anemoscope, the one that came with the PC game's limited edition).

As for Kanon-related albums, I don't have a complete list. For those produced by Key Sounds Label, you can look them up here. OST, remixes, and rearragements should be all there. Other than the OST, I mostly recommend the Kanon AIR Piano Arrange Album "Re-feel", if you like piano music that is. I know there're various drama CDs (including one that's not for sale IIRC. I forgot the title 'cause I lost that album ), and of course, the OP/ED single of TOEI's anime version. Even though I love Last regrets, I also love florescence for its suppressed feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnseiSong View Post
Ahh ok thank you guuchan for the answer, although I do hope they rerelease the music, putting the tracks that are in the anime on there only. If not I have to get all of the cds to get the few songs I like.....

As for Kinny Riddle, if you have the game ost. What's the name of the BGM that's always playing when Mai is around, like the part that Mai when berserk in ep 14. Also the song was playing when Makoto finally remembered Yuuichi's name in ep 10??

And if anyone know those two track, please help out thanks lots =)
You're welcome.

Mai's theme = Shoujo no Ori ("少女の檻", track 13)
Ep10's = Kaze wo Matta Hi ("風を待った日", track 19)
Old 2007-01-05, 16:59   Link #68
New/Old
Old to the New

Heh heh. Correct on both parts, guuchan.
Old 2007-01-06, 06:55   Link #69
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Like guuchan said, all official albums/remix albums were released by Key Sounds Label, and are listed in their discography page.

I don't think there are any character singles, although there are character specific anthology/drama CDs. Amazon.co.jp has some of them listed:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/b/ref=dp_brl...F8&node=569308
One title worth mentioning is the "Minase-san-chi" (水瀬さんち) series. Which was a radio drama program back in 2002 that ran while the Toei series was airing. The anime itself was alright, but the fans loved the radio series.

When it was announced that there was going to be a remake by Kyoani, many people hoped for a return of "Minase-san-chi". Unfortunately, nothing so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3cT View Post
How does Clannad the game do, compared to the past Key games? Is it as epic as AIR? I just started to play the AIR game with that incomplete English patch and it sure flexes the story a lot more than the anime.
CLANNAD is the longest game Key has ever made, partly because it's the first game where Maeda-san was given complete freedom to write whatever he wanted to write.

In terms of scenario volume, I would go out on a limb and say CLANNAD is probably at least twice as long as AIR (it wasn't restricted to a "winter tale" or "summer tale" either, CLANNAD's story spanned across years).

I managed to finish AIR in 40~50 hours, but it took me well over 100 hours to finish CLANNAD. So yeah, I'd say it's pretty epic.

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2007-01-06 at 14:37.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 09:25   Link #70
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
I managed to finish AIR in 40~50 hours, but it took me well over 100 hours to finish CLANNAD. So yeah, I'd say it's pretty epic.
Heh, i've heard that being said before.

I've never sat down and played CLANNAD like i have with Air or Kanon, though its something i plan to get around to doing this year.
Old 2007-01-06, 19:31   Link #71
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Does anyone know the name of the piano song in kanon?

The one I'm tlaking about is the one that plays while
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-06, 23:08   Link #72
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post

Spoiler:
guuchan already mentioned it above, it's Mai's theme song "少女の檻". Track 13 in the game original soundtrack.

Oh, and it's a violin/viola track, not piano.
Old 2007-01-06, 23:31   Link #73
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
guuchan already mentioned it above, it's Mai's theme song "少女の檻". Track 13 in the game original soundtrack.

They played a piano version during the scene where Mai drove off Sayuri from the sword-practice.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-07, 01:45   Link #74
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post

Spoiler:
Quote:

PS
1)The one played in ballroom is original, from OST.
2)The one played in hospital is arranged (track 5 of Kanon arrange best album "recollections").
3)The one played after the sword fight is piano version (track 2 of Kanon AIR Piano Arrange Album "Re-feel").

Even though I have already mentioned above, I really recommend the piano album. If you would like to listen to something quiet and soothing (or if you simply want to listen to something so you can go to sleep ), then that's the one.
Old 2007-01-07, 04:23   Link #75
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
PS
1)The one played in ballroom is original, from OST.
2)The one played in hospital is arranged (track 5 of Kanon arrange best album "recollections").
3)The one played after the sword fight is piano version (track 2 of Kanon AIR Piano Arrange Album "Re-feel").

Even though I have already mentioned above, I really recommend the piano album. If you would like to listen to something quiet and soothing (or if you simply want to listen to something so you can go to sleep ), then that's the one.
Ahh, I forgot about those arranges. So, yeah, what you said.

In terms of piano tracks, AIR's Natsukage still wins over everything else for me. My second favorites come from CLANNAD/Tomoyo After albums though. "Piano no Mori" would probably be my favorite Key piano album.
Then again, Re-feel is just as good, depending on where your favorite tracks are. The answer? Fork all your money over to Key. ^^;
Old 2007-01-07, 10:05   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
In terms of piano tracks, AIR's Natsukage still wins over everything else for me.
For piano tracks, Natsukage may be the best one - though for me nothing beats my fav' track Sousei. Then again, i can't miss out Yasou.

As for Kanon, from the original soundtrack it would have to be Fuyu no Hanabi. They've been using it for the anime a number of times now, so that makes me a happy Key fanboy. & i can't be leaving out pure snows from the recollections soundtrack.
Old 2007-01-07, 10:21   Link #77
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
It seems to me that the one played in the hospital is actually a combination of the Recollection version (upto Mai goes berserk and starts destroying things) and the Normal version. If that is the case, my respect for KyoAni has notched up again. They certainly did their work to make the music fit the atmosphere.

Quote:
Then again, Re-feel is just as good, depending on where your favorite tracks are. The answer? Fork all your money over to Key. ^^;
IMO, some of the doujin works are quite good as well. My recommendations are:
  • piano de kanon by Mag2 Software
  • Key Classics Kanon version by TAMUSIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
For piano tracks, Natsukage may be the best one - though for me nothing beats my fav' track Sousei. Then again, i can't miss out Yasou.
For me, my vote will go to AIR's Futari (every time, it brings back the memories a few years ago when I played AIR) then follow closely by Natsukage.
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 10:34   Link #78
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Any Key Audio Tracks you guys will recommend for me to make a custom tracks to Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories ?

I know I sound twisted, but you are talking to a guy who gets a kick out of playing Hare Bare Yukai when speeding and running down people in the game.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 10:38   Link #79
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani View Post
  • Key Classics Kanon version by TAMUSIC
Wasn't that jus released at Comiket71? I've had a chance to listen to it - and its not that bad, something i know i'll be listening to more.
Old 2007-01-07, 11:26   Link #80
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wasn't that jus released at Comiket71? I've had a chance to listen to it - and its not that bad, something i know i'll be listening to more.
It was released earlier. I bought my copy when I visited Sapporo back in Nov .

Speaking of C71 goodies, I will recommend Key Remix and Arrange - Clarie by XL Project. My favorite is the voiced version of the "日溜まりの街".
nani is offline   Reply With Quote