AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-06-18, 23:23   Link #1921
flack

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
because of the treaty and the place where yellow legion originally is. Yellow king just cross borders on his territory onto other territory. Though when you enter unlimited burst. You should expect battles between each other but thanks to the treaty between kings. The only way to earn points when your a middle and high level is to go attack other BB players in other region. But if you go to other region. It means only your going against its king and it means war against them. And such when they enter Ikebukoro. They didn't expect Yellow king at all.
You definitely have to expect other Kings to be tracking you when you declared war on the whole world...The potential of that is pretty damn high. Moreover, there is the possibility of some of the other kings teaming up, they did all set up the treaty... They should have at least been aware that they might meet up with a king or two that will try and ambush them. At the end they seemed like they were unexpected of the ambush and seemed to be in a state of complete shock like that possibility would never happen. O well we will see in the next episode, I might be wrong, they might have prepared something.

I was also surprised that all 3 of them went on to hang on 1 guy and fly in the open in the sky like that where just about anybody can see them. Obviously your going to be shot down.
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:31   Link #1922
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
When you declared war on the entire world, how do you not expect to be targeted by unexpected enemies?
Because their assumption was that this was an internal Red Legion matter, and so they weren't expecting the Yellow King to crash the party.

From Niko's perspective, the current Chrome Disaster that's affecting Cherry Rook is internal Red Legion business; she has to clean up her own mess herself, before Cherry Rook breaks the non-aggression pact by killing too many members of other legions. She calls in Black Lotus and crew, and is operating on the assumption that since Black Legion has declared war on everyone else, nobody will be expecting her to bring them in to help her, and anyway it's an internal Red Legion matter so nobody from the outside legions should get involved.

Which, if the Chrome Disaster was a spontaneous manifestation, would be a reasonable assumption.

The problem is that the Yellow King deliberately caused the Chrome Disaster to happen, and it seems he intended to take down Niko after Cherry Rook had worn her down. Being in a position to go after Black Lotus and her crew is icing on the cake.

Again, they were expecting to be dealing with the Chrome Disaster quietly and alone; they didn't expect it to be a trap laid by the Yellow Legion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
You definitely have to expect other Kings to be tracking you when you declared war on the whole world...The potential of that is pretty damn high. Moreover, there is the possibility of some of the other kings teaming up, they did all set up the treaty... They should have at least been aware that they might meet up with a king or two that will try and ambush them. At the end they seemed like they were unexpected of the ambush and seemed to be in a state of complete shock like that possibility would never happen. O well we will see in the next episode, I might be wrong, they might have prepared something.

I was also surprised that all 3 of them went on to hang on 1 guy and fly in the open in the sky like that where just about anybody can see them. Obviously your going to be shot down.
flack, their entire paradigm was based on fighting Cherry Rook alone. They didn't think that it was a trap laid by another legion, because the last four manifestations of Chrome Disaster were more or less spontaneous. Was it bad planning? Not with what they knew at the time. Was there a lack of paranoia? Perhaps, but remember: These are kids. They're, what, sixteen at the most? They weren't expecting an ambush because prior to this time, it was not known that a Chrome Disaster could be created. Had they known that, they would probably have prepared.

Wasn't the best of plans, but it was the best they came up with with the information they knew at the time.

Also, while there's a time and place for crazy prepared planning, one also needs to be able to balance that out with thinking on the feet. That's how the Germans ran circles around the French in WW2 - the French relied on lots of elegant drills and prepared a great many plans, while the Germans treated war as organised chaos and reacted accordingly.

Edit: As an addendum: If Black Lotus and her crew were making an attack of their own, yes, they ought to be prepared for anybody to attack them. But this sitiuation with Niko was so out of the ordinary. It'd be like a team of Navy SEALs working alongside Osama bin Laden.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 23:53   Link #1923
GundamZZ
残念美人

My current impression about each color legion:

Black legion: Rogue team
White legion: Casual gamers; lack the online presence
Blue legion: Bounty gamers; eager to level up
Yellow legion: Cheaters and hackers
Red legion: Independent and self centered gamers; lacking team spirit
Green legion: Errand and paladins; self proclaimed non-profit moderators
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 02:22   Link #1924
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post

My current impression of the legions

Black legion: is indeed a rogue team. They are free to enter other legion because they are in war with them and the same can be said for other legion entering the black region to hunt but its suicide to attack the kings.
White legion: Unknown. They are RARE and don't appear
Blue legion: They are justice types. They are nobles that will attack from the front and like a knight they will punish the evil doers but a noble at heart they won't cheat or back stab you.
Yellow legion: bad legions. You don't want to be with them. Schemers and indeed hackers and cheaters.
Green legion: Just like blue they are good guys and much nicer ones. They tank for the lower levels to help them level up. Nice support legion.
Red legion: explosive types they play the game their own way. And since the first generation king is dead. The 2nd generation king was brought by killing each other. They aren't the legion with actual team play or support on each other. Power is their key to ruling or respect to the strong ones.
Old 2012-06-19, 03:20   Link #1925
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I just want to say that it sure seems like a bunch of recent posts here have way more information than what was covered in the anime so far and can deduced with certainty from what was shown. If anyone's posting information/insight from the novels, I assume you guys will clean all that up completely (as in make it all gone) before I have to.... >_>
Old 2012-06-19, 08:46   Link #1926
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post

Quote:

Black legion: is indeed a rogue team. They are free to enter other legion because they are in war with them and the same can be said for other legion entering the black region to hunt but its suicide to attack the kings.
Blue legion: They are justice types. They are nobles that will attack from the front and like a knight they will punish the evil doers but a noble at heart they won't cheat or back stab you.
Yellow legion: bad legions. You don't want to be with them. Schemers and indeed hackers and cheaters.
Green legion: Just like blue they are good guys and much nicer ones. They tank for the lower levels to help them level up. Nice support legion.
Red legion: explosive types they play the game their own way. And since the first generation king is dead. The 2nd generation king was brought by killing each other. They aren't the legion with actual team play or support on each other. Power is their key to ruling or respect to the strong ones.
Umm, yall forgot one legion and probably the most dangerous ones to boot.

Quote:
I just want to say that it sure seems like a bunch of recent posts here have way more information than what was covered in the anime so far and can deduced with certainty from what was shown. If anyone's posting information/insight from the novels, I assume you guys will clean all that up completely (as in make it all gone) before I have to.... >_>
My friend, its going to get alot worst before it gets better (think Index in that fact).
Old 2012-06-19, 08:57   Link #1927
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Red legion: explosive types they play the game their own way. And since the first generation king is dead. The 2nd generation king was brought by killing each other. They aren't the legion with actual team play or support on each other. Power is their key to ruling or whatever the loli queen says
fixed....

And it's true....
Old 2012-06-19, 09:01   Link #1928
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well it's not all these deductions are from the anime. We only saw clips of blue. Red via Niko and not that much. None of yellow until last episode. Nothing about white. One clip for green. To make generalizations based on one clip is a bit much imo unless info from elsewhere comes into play.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:01   Link #1929
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

That being said...which Legion would you join?

Personally I'd be more of a Red Legion kind of guy...mostly because I don't play well with others -.-
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 09:03   Link #1930
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Personally I'd be more of a Red Legion kind of guy...mostly because I don't play well with others -.-
Neither. I wouldn't want some program crawling around in my brain. Who knows what lasting effects uninstalling has on them.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:08   Link #1931
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Who knows what lasting effects uninstalling has on them.
If only this wasn't the anime only section...
Old 2012-06-19, 09:09   Link #1932
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Quote:

Hmm, for me I would be Blue or Purple (I want to say their true names but I am not getting into trouble)
Old 2012-06-19, 09:22   Link #1933
tsunade666

it depends on the character that will be created when you install bb program.

I personally like the metal chara and they can join different legion without much problem. Though by legion itself. I will probably pick green. The green king thank that chrome disaster while the other players are running away from it. Pretty solid defense. The world invulnerable fits him.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:32   Link #1934
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Quote:
it depends on the character that will be created when you install bb program.

I personally like the metal chara and they can join different legion without much problem. Though by legion itself. I will probably pick green. The green king thank that chrome disaster while the other players are running away from it. Pretty solid defense. The world invulnerable fits him.
hmm,

Now that is a good one, besides I dont really think that you have to be in the same legion if you have the same color as them. I dont know.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:38   Link #1935
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
hmm,

Now that is a good one, besides I dont really think that you have to be in the same legion if you have the same color as them. I dont know.
Well if Black is any example, the Legion's color is probably based on the king rather than the members colors.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:40   Link #1936
tsunade666

^that's true but look at the episode with blue king. You can see a dominant blue players on blue legion. Though having different colors in one legion balance out the legion war potential.
Old 2012-06-19, 09:43   Link #1937
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Imagine the Green Legion being all tanks. That's a whole army of walls that don't move, but won't do much to hurt you...

"Yea so we can't hurt you guys but you're attacks are shitty...now what?"
Old 2012-06-19, 10:05   Link #1938
Xaturas

Quote:
Imagine the Green Legion being all tanks. That's a whole army of walls that don't move, but won't do much to hurt you...

"Yea so we can't hurt you guys but you're attacks are shitty...now what?"
Ohh mate you didn't play many mmorpgs .
There are some games where tanks literally rape people in pvp.
If you need to fight the tank you already lost. You can't do shit to him and he will chipp away your health slowly.
Just 2 fast examples from NCsoft, Lineage 2 and Aion. Tanks there rape people no problem. Most people try to CC them and take them out last, cause they are pain in the ass. And 1on1 most of the time you CC him and run away cause it ain't worth your time trying.

As for legions, dunno I get the impression that colors are like custom paint job. You join legion and color your suit that color. Otherwise it would be kinda dumb that you are placed in one group no matter what your choice/preferences are. At least in games with factions you can choose a faction, here you are placed in one wherever you like it or not (if joining legions was connected to your attributes).
Old 2012-06-19, 10:15   Link #1939
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Neither. I wouldn't want some program crawling around in my brain. Who knows what lasting effects uninstalling has on them.
Even installing does things to your head....let alone uninstalling

If I had to pick though....Red. They seem the most relaxed and fun types.
Old 2012-06-19, 10:23   Link #1940
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
Ohh mate you didn't play many mmorpgs .
There are some games where tanks literally rape people in pvp.
If you need to fight the tank you already lost. You can't do shit to him and he will chipp away your health slowly.
Just 2 fast examples from NCsoft, Lineage 2 and Aion. Tanks there rape people no problem. Most people try to CC them and take them out last, cause they are pain in the ass. And 1on1 most of the time you CC him and run away cause it ain't worth your time trying.

As for legions, dunno I get the impression that colors are like custom paint job. You join legion and color your suit that color. Otherwise it would be kinda dumb that you are placed in one group no matter what your choice/preferences are. At least in games with factions you can choose a faction, here you are placed in one wherever you like it or not (if joining legions was connected to your attributes).
Yea, I'm not to into MMOs xD WoW was the only one I touched and even then I rarely did any PvP...then again I was mainly a mage and big balls of fire to the face usually worked on most guys.

And yes, Red Legion seems like the guys that are just there to beat the crap out of eachother and have fun while doing it rather than focusing on levels and territory and all that.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen