AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 08:22   Link #21
mrShady

Huh... you're right why not the eternal version? Does he want to keep it a secret? Or has it something to do with chakra consumption?
Didn't even know they could switch between the two, always thought it was a permanent change. Or it is and Kishi screwed up.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 08:26   Link #22
kakakka

A Q&A with Kishimoto, I mean the Hokages.

Very interesting, yet felt like it was shoehorned.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 08:36   Link #23
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Huh... you're right why not the eternal version? Does he want to keep it a secret? Or has it something to do with chakra consumption?
Didn't even know they could switch between the two, always thought it was a permanent change. Or it is and Kishi screwed up.
Well, Obito and Kakashi have both shown that it's possible to have the Mangekyo and still use the standard Sharingan, so why not let them use whatever level they like?

My god, it really is Uchiha Super Saiyan.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 08:37   Link #24
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Did Kishimoto get married to his mailman or something? Because I am finding it hard to believe (this translation at least) that the Uchiha are evil because of love.

Then again, I guess Kishimoto needed to justify Sasuke's really irrational (and dare I say, crazy) behavior. And since I liked he humor in this chapter, courtesy of Hashirama, I guess Naruto is to be the Dante to Sasuke's Trish so he can "fill his dark soul with LIIIIIIIIGHHHHHt" .
Old 2013-02-05, 09:29   Link #25
KnightOfTwo

As much as the whole love thing was silly and rather annoying, on the whole this chapter wasn't half bad.

The interactions between the hokage was nice to see. Hashirama was great and seeing how Tobirama treats him gave me a few good laughs. Hashi finding out Tsunade was hokage was priceless.

As previously said the love stuff was goofy but Tobirama's explanations for things made a lot more sense than the Uchiha explanations (minus the whole it actually alters their brain stuff). Quite interesting finding out about the founding of the police force as well. Very much looking forward to what Hashirama is going to say about the founding of the village if only to hear his take on events. Also looking forward to what Minato is going to say/do.
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 09:32   Link #26
rd1979

I think it was a bad choice of words to use 'love'. It comes across as it should be 'emotion'. I wonder if this is a mistranslation, but somehow I doubt it.
rd1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 09:44   Link #27
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol somehow I felt that the 1st should have been godlier model than that... but how would Tsunade not like gambling.

Yeah I like the first more than the second now...
Old 2013-02-05, 10:02   Link #28
james0246

Honestly, the Sharingan itself is kinda of crazy evil when you think about it. It is is, more or less, a eidetic memory machine that only activates/evolves during your worst experiences. Consequently, truly traumatic images would always be burned into your mind and be extremely hard to banish creating great mental strife for your entire life. Obito is so messed up because he has the image of Rin's death always tormenting him. Sasuke is so messed up since his first experience with the Sharingan was recording his parents and clans deaths by his brother. I can't even imagine the mental strife resulted from switching eyes. These images will always live with you, but because of the Sharingan, the images will always be perfect and never dulled.

So, this whole love/emotion thing works quite well to explain just why the Uchiha are a cursed clan. Still, beyond pity I have no real sympathy for the clan's destruction or death. They were a clan doomed to fail from the onset. Whether from outside or inside, the clan would always end in death and destruction. Sadly, there power is so great that they can drag down everyone else with them.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 10:21   Link #29
ChronoReverse

Read another translation and it somehow sounds a less corny when the trigger is described as the traumatic feeling of loss while the feelings are rendered as "love and friendship".

Also the 1st is the best Hokage.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 10:59   Link #30
Xagzan

So...the Uchiha are Sith?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 11:03   Link #31
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeMask View Post
It seems Kishimoto confirmed that Uchiha are naturally more sensitive and they get a special chakra in their brain which activates their MS. I finished my review for this chapter already.

I think some people may dislike that the Uchiha been given a slight excuse to act emotional but it was predictable, I'm waiting to see another translation for this.

This would fully confirm that mangekyou sharingan can be gained without killing someone like how Obito got MS.
I figured it had to do with emotion and loss when they said itachi killed his best friend and got the next level.
Old 2013-02-05, 11:19   Link #32
unameit

A bit cheeky for sasuke to say he 'KILLED' itachi.. I think only against sasuke, itachi actually got damaged but it's on purpose and also the mysterious and sudden illness he had..

ok, now rinne tensei no jutsu remains priority for sasuke.. that should be his only purpose..

I think it's way too cheap to enable 'revival' jutsu in the series..
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 12:10   Link #33
joemanga

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
A Q&A with Kishimoto, I mean the Hokages.

Very interesting, yet felt like it was shoehorned.
I want to say one thing I personally don't have any pity for the Uchicha Clan because everybody is crying tears for Sasuke but I am not because he made his choice so now he has to accept the consequences, and I am not forgiving him for what she did to Karin because the girl was trying to help him but he tried to kill her off, and personally I hate him, and if he can't turn back to the way he was then it's better for him to die like a dog.
joemanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 12:15   Link #34
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
The information dump actually makes sense and fits perfectly with everything. More epic information dump next chapter I guess. This is a lot better than the fight that been stalling on.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:15   Link #35
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

wtf i thought the third hokage was the god of shinobi?
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 12:21   Link #36
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
A bit cheeky for sasuke to say he 'KILLED' itachi.. I think only against sasuke, itachi actually got damaged but it's on purpose and also the mysterious and sudden illness he had..

ok, now rinne tensei no jutsu remains priority for sasuke.. that should be his only purpose..

I think it's way too cheap to enable 'revival' jutsu in the series..
Indeed. Itachi threw the fight. He didn't even die from injuries sustained by Sasuke. He had some kind of illness (probably self-inflicted) and died after his stamina was depleted causing him to succumb to the illness. Sasuke dedicated much of his young life to killing Itachi. He was the last man standing so I guess he gives himself credit for the outcome even though he knows the truth of the situation.

Some how the ability to revive the Uchiha clan after they have been dead for so many years doesn't sit well with me. I know Kakashi and many other Leaf Ninja were brought back by Nagato but they were right there on the battle field dying an untimely death where as Sasuke's parents and the rest of his clan have been dead for awhile and them being dead is part of the story. It's weird to just bring people back from the dead like that and kind of cheapens their loss. Sasuke should find another way to let go of his hatred. Human beings have to deal with loss and death is a major part of the Ninja world in Naruto.
Old 2013-02-05, 12:29   Link #37
Monster0

I hope they get to the action again soon. All i care about is Naruto whipping their butts,he surpassed them all.

I guess the battle stuff is boring to alot of people,for me this talking is lame.I want to seen more giant monsters and ninjas fighting,not talking.What a waste if they don't make the hokage fight.I don't care if they break edo,or follow Orochi's orders just kill Sasuke and go fight.

Last edited by Hunter; 2013-02-05 at 14:23.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 12:47   Link #38
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
So...the Uchiha are Sith?
More like they are Jedi that can fall ridiculously easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post

He was kind of just point blank explained that the Uchiha are doomed from the onset, so I doubt he is thinking of reviving his crazy ass clan. If anything, he is probably thinking of becoming a eunuch...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 12:56   Link #39
Casshern

Oro doesn't really care about much. He just likes interesting things

Last edited by Casshern; 2013-02-05 at 19:06.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-05, 13:14   Link #40
Neji112

I think the question Sasuke really needs to ask is....

Where is the rest of the Senju clan? At this point they are clan of 2 dead brothers and a grand daughter(who must of come from the Stork).
Neji112 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion