AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 57.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 32.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 3.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-10, 02:12   Link #21
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Also, I finally learned a bit more about Section I's function, and it is codenamed 'Himmel'.
Er... nonononono!

Himmel (German for "Heaven") is the name of the drug the waterworks bastards have been selling in the sewers ^_^

Also keep in mind that the Section I guys were actually _killed_ by Hans right at the beginning. Section I is led by Connelly, the grey-haired bespectacled choleric who loves to yell at Captain Hunks so much.
Old 2007-01-10, 06:29   Link #22
kingofthemoleppl

Finally the wait has paid off. They better stick to this story arc from now on. *wields stick*

Only thing that bugged me, although I've grown used to willing suspension of disbelief by now, is that SecIII keeps doing things that seem not too wise on the tactical side, e.g. closing in on a suspicious, to say the least, guy in body armor with a flamethrower.
Someone teach those guys something about combat! If this was Soukou no Strain I'd be scared shitless if I didn't have the feeling that in Pumpkin Scissors no one ever really dies (of the main cast, that is).

It goes without saying that, being a German myself, the German used in Pumpkin Scissors always cracks me up and is a major aspect of my amusement.
Old 2007-01-10, 07:27   Link #23
Mentar
Banned

Example of funny German in episode 14 (still nothing you'd put into a TL note):

When Mion opened the briefcase with the stacks of cash, it read "Gutschein" in German. However, a "Gutschein" translates to "coupon" or "voucher" - under no circumstances a German would use this term in reference to currency ^_^ ... it's more the kind of stuff you hand over to someone to get a discount on a lollipop.
Old 2007-01-10, 07:43   Link #24
kingofthemoleppl

I'd like it if they printed "Gutschein" on bank notes.
Kind of gives you the idea that everything you buy you get for free. Erm, well, at least until you figure out that you've been spending too much money and you're broke sometime later.
Why not call everything in the shops "freebies" and still have your customers pay for it? That might be a clever marketing ruse.

Still, nothing beats "Gespenstjäger" in the OP. :3
Old 2007-01-10, 12:40   Link #25
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
This episode was surprisingly good. Maybe with this the fillers will stop and the sweet governmentment conspiracy plot will stay around.

The first scene was pretty disturbing and especially shocking since the show has been pretty lighthearted for a while (although, that still doesn't make the filler worth it.)
Old 2007-01-10, 13:10   Link #26
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Well, expecting Oland to come up against Hans in the next episode. Should be interesting, battle of the creepy army experiments.

Cold... Cold...

vs.

Töten Sie... Töten Sie...

Place your bets! (not seriously though, as the outcome is pretty obvious)
Old 2007-01-10, 14:29   Link #27
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The funny thing is that by download numbers, Pumpkin Scissors isn't unpopular at all. In fact, it's getting more downloads than the SS-Eclipse and a.f.k versions of Kanon combined (!)

It's just that fewer people are talking about it here ^_^
You're right. There were a lot of people out there watching Pumpkin Scissors that aren't member of Animesuki no? Still, it's quite surprising that PS has more watchers than Kanon
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-01-10, 15:32   Link #28
General_Asakura
Random Lazy Dude

was there anyone else than me, who hasn't read the manga and thought: starcraft Firebat! the first time you saw Hans?
Old 2007-01-10, 16:54   Link #29
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthemoleppl View Post
I'd like it if they printed "Gutschein" on bank notes.
Kind of gives you the idea that everything you buy you get for free. Erm, well, at least until you figure out that you've been spending too much money and you're broke sometime later.
Why not call everything in the shops "freebies" and still have your customers pay for it? That might be a clever marketing ruse.

Still, nothing beats "Gespenstjäger" in the OP. :3
Why, what does it mean? Ghostbuster?
Old 2007-01-10, 17:13   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Lol, that girl in the blonde wig was doing her best to look the part wasn't she. It did look like it was filmed in the foyer of Gonzo HQ. And was that a swastika on her dagger?
i must be blind cause i cant see it @_@

...but yea she tried her best to look the part but kinda failed i guess she was trying too hard to be serious XD

and PS getting more downloads than kanon is a surprise as well O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-10, 17:21   Link #31
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Check the Q&A thread, kingofthemoleppl and me had an extensive discussion on that
Old 2007-01-10, 18:57   Link #32
kingofthemoleppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yup. Well, at least that's what it should mean. *whistle a certain tune of a song by Ray Parker jr.*

Quote:
Check the Q&A thread, kingofthemoleppl and me had an extensive discussion on that
Let's never mention it again! *throws the mantle of silence*
Old 2007-01-10, 19:23   Link #33
Kholdstare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Seen episode 14.

--> Well that was really interesting. Another soldier of Invisible 9 shows up: 908 HTT Dunno what the HTT stands for but I'm sure we'll know on the next one. I guess this type of soldier just burn everyone to death no? I guess what Machs said makes sense because dying while burning is not really humane...unless you're going to be cremated dead Are all Invisible 9 soldiers creepy looking? I mean Oland is creepy and that flamethrower guy kepy saying "Cold" is also creepy Anyway, what a good way to save that girl from being molested....by molesting her too. Oreld knows his stuff....sort of. You know, I'm guessing Hunks wants them to arrest that guy over and over again so they'll get the money from the mouse-like rich guy....or maybe not. Things really started to get interesting and I hope it continues. That makes 3 Invisible 9 units that showed up from the series. So that leaves 6 more?
Who is the third "Invisible 9" unit that you are referring too ?
Old 2007-01-10, 19:46   Link #34
crinaea
white cotton pantsu

the show has slowed down.

after a pretty strong start, it's rambling in filler episodes and dragging on the origins of the 'september' special forces units and the strange appearances of high-tech weapons in the hands of average nobles and businessmen (like the water co. president).

yes, i know it's about 'war relief' and whatnot, but it's not really grabbing my attention anymore, and the only reason the episode is a cliffhanger is because they cut the action, not because they actually had anything to hide from the audience.

still, waiting to see where it'll go.
Old 2007-01-10, 20:45   Link #35
P.G.
Rated P.G. Superstar

Send a message via MSN to P.G.
lol, This Flamethrower guy (another from invisible9?) I was amaze on how he burned up those two soldiers melting down their flesh... anyway If I would like to see Flame Vs. Doorknocker thats cool.
Old 2007-01-10, 20:51   Link #36
crinaea
white cotton pantsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Gamer View Post
lol, This Flamethrower guy (another from invisible9?) I was amaze on how he burned up those two soldiers melting down their flesh... anyway If I would like to see Flame Vs. Doorknocker thats cool.
i keep getting flashbacks to the fury from metal gear solid 3.
Old 2007-01-10, 21:08   Link #37
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare. View Post
903-CTT

Chemical Tank Trooper

1st... episode.

Cheers.

Last edited by Skane; 2007-01-10 at 23:22.
Old 2007-01-10, 22:03   Link #38
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
The funny thing is that by download numbers, Pumpkin Scissors isn't unpopular at all. In fact, it's getting more downloads than the SS-Eclipse and a.f.k versions of Kanon combined (!)

That's a surprise. You know, the only other explanation I have is that people are watching the Kanon speedsub.

Anyway, not much to comment on in this ep. It was pretty. But it hasn't quite captured my total attention yet. The interactions between the Section III members are kinda bland. I mean, they act too much like work colleagues and not really enough as comrades. There just seems to be, still, a lot of distance between some of them. And, I don't see Flamethrower dude being much more than a generic henchman or, at most, the result of some bizarre experiment.

I'd say "bring on the good stuff", but I'm not totally sure yet what the good stuff could be in this series.
Old 2007-01-10, 23:00   Link #39
v1cious

Quote:

i think most of us are holding out hope that the show will get good. it's the same thing with "Ayakashi Ayashi". this episode showed promised though.
Old 2007-01-10, 23:06   Link #40
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare. View Post
908 HTT. The flamethrower guy. He has a logo of the name of his unit on his shoulder area (in case you didn't see it). I still don't know what HTT stands for though. Still, I wonder how would Oland's "ignore pain keep moving with lifeless eyes strategy" will work on this one?

--> Let's see...I forgot the number on the first one but just like Skane said, CTT stands for Chemical Tactics Troop. That was Lt. Wolf's unit (the guy with the tank). Randel Oland's unit is 901 ATT, where ATT stands for Anti Tank Trooper which is famous for challenging a tank head on without fearing death. Well, that was just a small recap
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Closed Thread