AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-06-03, 15:06   Link #201
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Nawh, battle howls would be pretty good too ^^

For example, Archer`s chants whil doing his Noble Phantasms and "Unlimited Blade Works!' when doing (what a suprise!) Unlimited Blade Works...
Old 2006-06-03, 16:42   Link #202
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Fatal fake has even an addicting demo! Saber is a complete combo whore. I can get up to somewhere in the mid teens with her but the computer pulled off a 27-hitter air combo worth like 6000+ damage! Holy crappa! Though from what I've seen in videos, Enuma Alish nails for twice that!
Old 2006-06-03, 17:15   Link #203
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Damn, I gotta problem... I can`t patch the game! I run patch installer, it checks trough files, but in the end says something (like
Spoiler:
) and then stops...

Can someone help me?
Old 2006-06-03, 17:33   Link #204
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Don't know what version of Windows you're using, but if it's XP, try doing this:

Control Pannel -> Regional and language settings -> Advanced -> Set locale for non-Unicode programs to Japanese

Reboot and reinstall it all. You can change that setting back to your language after you patch the game.

You should do this for all Japanese games you may want to install in the future.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 18:19   Link #205
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Still nothing....

~EDIT: LoL, I managed to get rid of the problem myself ^^

Few changes by regedit did lol.
Old 2006-06-03, 18:50   Link #206
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Mind if I use your format aldeayeah?

Spoiler for Saber's moves in Fatal Fake v1.11:
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 19:32   Link #207
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Gah.... Why r those moves so complicated?! I`m a RPer, I dun have four hands and six eyes and fly`s reflex omg... I WAN BINDS >_<

[That last was a joke ofc. But rest is true.... I can only do some attacks by pressing all buttons randomly O_o]
Old 2006-06-03, 20:38   Link #208
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Problem!
I opened the patch, and I followed the instructions to click the middle button on the first screen, then yes on the second screen.
Then, A screen with two percentage bars popped up and the bars are not moving at all. I think that's for downloading the files of the patch
Is there anyway I can update the game without an internet connection? (e.g. download the patch but then update with internet cable unplugged)
Old 2006-06-03, 21:21   Link #209
Demongod86

Berserker is fucking rigged out the ass . Can't beat him, not even with Saber!
Old 2006-06-03, 21:55   Link #210
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Berserker is fucking rigged out the ass . Can't beat him, not even with Saber!
Easy. Hit down twice to run and dodge at the same time. (ya but I agree beserker is really tough. Damn he just won't fall down!)
If you want to talk about rigged, it's lancer. All you need to do is keep meshing B and C and run forward every now and then. I managed perfect K.O. everyone with lancer! (go my lancer)

Last edited by iamandragon; 2006-06-03 at 22:26.
Old 2006-06-03, 22:21   Link #211
Naelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Problem!
I opened the patch, and I followed the instructions to click the middle button on the first screen, then yes on the second screen.
Then, A screen with two percentage bars popped up and the bars are not moving at all. I think that's for downloading the files of the patch
Is there anyway I can update the game without an internet connection? (e.g. download the patch but then update with internet cable unplugged)
Did you try this patch http://mirror.studio-ramble.com/inde...u=list&cid=284

That worked for me.

Caster was harder the beserker for me >_<

Plus, does anyone know if there's any other character unlockables other then Gil?
Naelstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 22:23   Link #212
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
omg its a hard game...well not hard but button bashing its all that needed...btw how to use special skillz???

edit: nvm saw the post before but does the trail game allow you to unlock new players? or no?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-03, 22:55   Link #213
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Thanks! I can now play patch 1.11 now!

Yes there is. Hassan.
The trail won't allow you to unlock new players, no.

I'm now reading up on tutorials about Fatal/Fake on another forum...it's helping me quite a lot.
Old 2006-06-03, 23:59   Link #214
Demongod86

Actally I managed to beat berserker with Saber...but with Rider...waah, Rider=SUCKS! Her hits just bounce off almost anyone!

And how in the HELL does the computer do that 27 hitter with Saber? That has GOT to be the most ridiculous combo in the game, especially if you add a combo move on the follow up (her aerial back down back strong I believe)

Also...WTF DOES AVALON EVEN DO?! It doesn't seem to do shit for being worth 6 super meters! I'd rather just spam excalibur or cutting winds!
Old 2006-06-04, 05:25   Link #215
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
Also...WTF DOES AVALON EVEN DO?! It doesn't seem to do shit for being worth 6 super meters! I'd rather just spam excalibur or cutting winds!
If you`re hit when Avalon is summoned, Saber will counter with powerful slash which takes like 70% (with 100 vitality) HP....

BTW: I discovered that it is ridicolously easy to beat the game with Saber by just doing down-back + B combo continuously......
Old 2006-06-04, 05:28   Link #216
aldeayeah
Isn't it sad Lancer-chan?

Rider is the most difficult character to use, indeed. You should focus on push-up combos, and abuse her mystic eyes as much as possible.

If the foe hits you while you deploy Avalon, apart from dealing no damage to you, you hit him back for MASSIVE unblockable damage (about 12000 damage if I remember well - enough to kill Assassin with a single blow, and leave other Servants badly crippled). Of course, in training mode you won't notice.

The game is extremely easy in the default difficulty level, but if you increase the difficulty level, button mashing strategies stop working. I was only able to finish the game with no continues in "FATAL" level with Archer, although I'm no gamer.

And there are many insane combos. In "FATAL" level, everytime Archer juggles you up in the air, if he has enough combo gauge, he can hit you with all of the following: summon UBW, then Caladbolg you three times in the air, then Excalibur you into oblivion, all in a single combo.

And most Servants have similar combos involving their Noble Phantasms.
aldeayeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-04, 05:39   Link #217
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Actally I managed to beat berserker with Saber...but with Rider...waah, Rider=SUCKS! Her hits just bounce off almost anyone!

And how in the HELL does the computer do that 27 hitter with Saber? That has GOT to be the most ridiculous combo in the game, especially if you add a combo move on the follow up (her aerial back down back strong I believe)

I've seen someone do 184 combo hits with Saber...

Avalon is a counter attack move. If you're hit while avalon is active, it takes 50thousand of your opponent's hp away.(I know the exact figure because it just killed assassin in 1 hit...and Assassin only have 50k hp.

Last edited by iamandragon; 2006-06-05 at 07:00.
Old 2006-06-04, 09:42   Link #218
Demongod86

I doubt it's possible to pull all of this crap off using only the laptop keyboard ...184 hit combo?! HOLY CRAP!!!!! I can't even get past 17 on a good day! I wonder, do you need a special game controller or something to get all of these combos going? And is there a way to play online vs. friends? I can't even get Saber's excalibur to even work during a combo...it seems I need to be standing perfectly still when I pull it off Or is that just the limits of my laptop keyboard?
Old 2006-06-04, 09:50   Link #219
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
I doubt it's possible to pull all of this crap off using only the laptop keyboard ...184 hit combo?! HOLY CRAP!!!!! I can't even get past 17 on a good day! I wonder, do you need a special game controller or something to get all of these combos going? And is there a way to play online vs. friends? I can't even get Saber's excalibur to even work during a combo...it seems I need to be standing perfectly still when I pull it off Or is that just the limits of my laptop keyboard?
Well, I use game controllers, and they work with USB. Also, if you have only 256MB of RAM or less, the game would work sluggishly. I only get around 32 FPS with Fatal/Fake thanks to my stinking 256MB RAM, lukily I'm upgrading to a 512MB one soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldeyeah
I'd love to see Fate/stay night charas in Melty Blood, in all their lovely 2D superdeformed glory.
Well, it's not SD, but there's Fate/Sword Dance, a 2D fighter which plays kinda like Guilty Gear but has Fate characters. Saber there is OBSCENELY overpowered, however.
Old 2006-06-04, 10:08   Link #220
Demongod86

Hmm, in FF, I don't even have a screen that sets the computer's difficulty. In options, it just allows me to adjust sfx and bgm volume and player controls. Nothing about difficulty so I can't unlock gligamesh or true assassin or (dark saber?)

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel