AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-12-09, 12:32   Link #1
4F0ur

Saint Seiya - The Lost Canvas

hello everyone...i was just wondering if anyone heard about this serise
the manga was released in 2006 and its about the previous holy war to the holy war that has happened in the Original Saint Seiya.
the mangaka is the same i think,, with a co-author

and the Art is more modernized
and im sure alot of you dead hard Saint Seiya fan didnt knew about this manga
lol
coz im one of the fan and i didnt knew about it until a few days ago

so go check it out..

and if you read the manga..please feel free to tell me what you thought about it

oh...and the anime of this manga will be out soon i think

credit to necrodeath...

Last edited by 4F0ur; 2008-12-09 at 12:53.
4F0ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 00:26   Link #2
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4F0ur View Post
the mangaka is the same i think,, with a co-author
No, Lost Canvas is being done by Shiori Teshirogi. Kuramada is doing Next Dimension.

Funny enough, I like Lost Canvas better.
Old 2008-12-10, 15:05   Link #3
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I'm reading Lost Canvas scans (Chapter 113) and this manga is just awesome in my opinion.

Well ok it's just a basic shonen but it's far better than Naruto, Bleach, D.Gray-Man and others... for me.

First volumes are a bit difficult to read I think, but from volume 3 it's better and better for me (We can see Albafica, Minos).
But, I'm not sure Lost Canvas will please everyone... (I am a Saint Seiya fan btw). It's just a shonen ha ^^ and saint seiya fan could be angry against Kurumada's manga clone character....

But I recommend this manga for everyone who like shonen or saint seiya or Yuzuriha (... ).

Chara design seems basics at the begining, but it become better and better. Gold Cloth, or surplis are awesome. Characters are very beautifull like Albafica Gold Saint of pisces, Yuzuriha (love it ^^), or Kagaho Bennu. Fights are really good and cloth are nice!

I wait for the anime, I hope it will be good.

I leave some arts of Lost Canvas!

Spoiler:

Now go read lost canvas! ^^
Albafica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 16:45   Link #4
Used Can

I'm torn between Yuzuriha and Sasha.

Anyway, as for my favourite Athena: Sasha >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >> Saori
Old 2008-12-10, 16:52   Link #5
justavisitor

@4F0ur

I also noticed this manga recently. This manga is quite good. I will leave two spoilers, one good, and one bad, for ppl to check out and decide if they wanna follow the manga

Spoiler for The good thing about this manga::

Spoiler for The not so good thing about the manga:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 23:24   Link #6
solarknight123

Wow it's so awsome their are others who like the manga like I do! Well justavisitor the thing is that if you read the original saint seiya manga series you would know
Spoiler for For those who haven't read the original saint seiya manga:
Old 2008-12-11, 00:32   Link #7
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarknight123 View Post
Wow it's so awsome their are others who like the manga like I do! Well justavisitor the thing is that if you read the original saint seiya manga series you would know
Spoiler for For those who haven't read the original saint seiya manga:
I know that lol, but I was expecting more of:
Spoiler for spoiler:
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 10:56   Link #8
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I prefer Sasha more than Saori too, she's prettier, and she's doing more things . But I prefer Yuzuriha and her mini short *___*. Pandora is not bad too in last chapters, like Seraphina.

I agree with Justavisitor about these bad things of Lost Canvas like:

Spoiler:

I want to watch these OAV!!

Some good arts of Lost Canvas (with Yuzuriha on my spoiler up of course *__*).

Spoiler:

PS: Oh and chaptr 113 is really good, there is my favorite character ^^.

Edit: There is a new image about the anime: Yuzu!!! ^^

Spoiler:

Last edited by Albafica; 2008-12-11 at 11:27.
Albafica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-11, 12:45   Link #9
4F0ur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
No, Lost Canvas is being done by Shiori Teshirogi. Kuramada is doing Next Dimension.

Funny enough, I like Lost Canvas better.
oh,...
i think Shiori is the one doing the art
and Kuramada is helping with the stories
but i was wrong haha

to everyone else
well i guess u cant really compare Lost Canvas to the original Saint seiya
because the manga skills has came so far since then..
But Saint Seiya was def the best manga back then... and it was my first manga ever haha

oh btw what i really like about Lost Canvas is that the fighting seems a little more realistic
where in the original Saint seiya..they just wave their arms and call out the move's name and the some crazy stars kinda thing appears and the background and somehow it hit the opponents lol.

oh and dont hate on Saori. its the Art difference and if you watch the anime
Saori's voice cover was old fashioned too coz again it was in the 80s lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
I prefer Sasha more than Saori too, she's prettier, and she's doing more things . But I prefer Yuzuriha and her mini short *___*. Pandora is not bad too in last chapters, like Seraphina.

I agree with Justavisitor about these bad things of Lost Canvas like:

Spoiler:

I want to watch these OAV!!

Some good arts of Lost Canvas (with Yuzuriha on my spoiler up of course *__*).

Spoiler:

PS: Oh and chaptr 113 is really good, there is my favorite character ^^.

Edit: There is a new image about the anime: Yuzu!!! ^^

Spoiler:
omg i only read until chapter 50..
and i thought that was the latest lokl

credit to necrodeath...
4F0ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 13:12   Link #10
Albafica
Pisces no saint

At begining of Lost Canvas, I think that there is too much Tenma fights with: "Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken!" and "Cosmos!" (it's logic, it's his attack...),Tenma fights are a little boring.
Well he's the basic hero of a shonen like Seiya was in the original.
But after some volumes, he becomes cooler, like Sasha/Athena but he's not a very charismatic character. Hadès is a little boring too at begining, but become more class. So I want to say that fights at begining of Lost Canvas are not really good. But when Gold Saints fight against specters, it becomes more interesting, and more impressive. At begining Shiori Teshirogi respected Kurumada's work too much I think.

About the anime of Lost Canvas, I am not very happy about the chara design. Characters are so ugly if you look at Teshirogi design. Look at that Sasha on my post up! Dohko seems very old!
Teshirogi design was awesome and I am very disappointed about chara design of the anime. I'm not telling anime will sux and i hope it will rox.... We will see when all these characters will move in a trailer...
If they ruins my Yuzu, I will...

By the way, the staff of OAV:

Director: Osamu Nabeshima

Series Composition: Yoshiyuki Suga

Music: Kaoru Wada (D.Gray-Man and Inu Yasha's music, not a bad choice, but I'm not sure it will fit Saint Seiya spirit...We'll see)

Original Concept: Masami Kurumada (God! But stop do Saint Seiya... and others works...)

Original Manga: Shiori Teshirogi (Goddess!)

Character Design: Yuko Iwasa (I hate you! You killed Teshirogi's works!)

Design Work: Yasuhiro Moriki

Animation Production: TMS Entertainment (Not a bad company no?)

http://loscan.net/

PS: Look at this! She's ugly!!!

Old 2009-03-19, 08:33   Link #11
Narona
Emotionless White Face

I started to read this manga since quite some time now, and I finally catched up two days ago.

About the most recent chapters, I really thought that Manigoldo would be a jerk, but in fact, despite being a brat, he was a brave man.

The latest chapters were really good
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 12:41   Link #12
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Manigoldo was a cool dude.
Spoiler for spoiler:

The manga is still going good so far , which the final battle starting. They've all come a long way in this adventure.
chapter 124 was a tearjerker too. But that was expected
Spoiler for Saint Seiya continuity:
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 17:59   Link #13
Narona
Emotionless White Face

I follow the scans, so I didn't read your second spoiler.

I am at the chapter when Manigoldo's soul gives the Pope's helmet to another gold saint.

It was kind of sad, but I really like Manigoldo a lot now.. Also, Thanatos said that in his "weird space" not only the body will be destructed but also the soul. But I see that manigoldo's soul is still intact, and that's good
Old 2009-03-19, 18:14   Link #14
Sokar

I've never read this manga, but can someone explain to me why don't the female saints wear masks?
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 19:21   Link #15
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
I've never read this manga, but can someone explain to me why don't the female saints wear masks?
You mean the Blonde girl who is friend with the hero? Because she dislikes to wear a mask.
Old 2009-03-19, 19:34   Link #16
Sokar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
You mean the Blonde girl who is friend with the hero? Because she dislikes to wear a mask.
That's it???.... Thought there would be more of reason, since the "kill or marry him" rule drove so much of the conflict in Saint Seiya's initial saga.
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-19, 19:50   Link #17
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokar View Post
That's it???.... Thought there would be more of reason, since the "kill or marry him" rule drove so much of the conflict in Saint Seiya's initial saga.
She has quite a character (that's why she has some fans, I guess ), and her master is not really the typical guy who follows every rules, since he even refused to become the new Pope

I don't want to spoil you, you should read it, it's good (actually, it becomes better and better during the second half of the manga )
Old 2009-04-08, 08:37   Link #18
Narona
Emotionless White Face

O_o If somebody else read the chapter 77, can you tell me what is the cloth that appears on the pegasus saint? A gold pegasus cloth?
Old 2009-04-08, 08:44   Link #19
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

God cloth.
have you not read the original saint-seiya ? =/
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 08:57   Link #20
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
God cloth.
have you not read the original saint-seiya ? =/
Nope.... I only watched some episodes of the original series... and then some other episodes on internet, but not all.

Anyway, thanks

Tags
shounen