AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-05, 02:01   Link #1361
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If you know what kind of champs you love playing as, sure. My general runeset is MS Quints, MR/lvl glyphs and dodge or HP seals. Penetration marks for magic in one page and armor in the other. Works very well for most champions, a couple weeks ago I made a full AP runepage just for kicks, and everyone thought I was trolling with a 71 AP Galio at LV1...

Anyone ever tried Karthus bombing in enemy fountain? Did it today and managed to get a kill :O
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 02:23   Link #1362
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Anyone ever tried Karthus bombing in enemy fountain? Did it today and managed to get a kill :O
Huh? I remember watching a video about a Gangplank using his ult on the fountain and killing some leavers. But I also heard they increased leaver's MR to 9999 in order to make sure there was no free kills. Wait, did you nuke them when they just got to their fountain?
Old 2011-11-05, 02:29   Link #1363
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
They'll probably do something to lessen the effect of mass surge/promote. Unless they want people to so people stop complaining about flash as the OP summoner spell (heh)
They said promote can only be used on cannon rider minions which greatly limits the abuse of it, surge though I am not sure about.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 04:53   Link #1364
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Huh? I remember watching a video about a Gangplank using his ult on the fountain and killing some leavers. But I also heard they increased leaver's MR to 9999 in order to make sure there was no free kills. Wait, did you nuke them when they just got to their fountain?
No, right on their respawn, flash+ wall in their face, with defile turned on and spamming lay waste :P Took a lot of time for the actual beam to hit me, because a matey ported on a super minion that was being hit, so that gave me 4 extra seconds to live, plus Karthus' dead time...so it was more than enough. B>Replays

EDIT:
Quote:
But I also heard they increased leaver's MR to 9999 in order to make sure there was no free kills.
Leavers get +1000 MR, effectively going up to 97%. Now I want to use feast on a leaver...

Last edited by Kafriel; 2011-11-05 at 06:23.
Old 2011-11-05, 12:50   Link #1365
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Will add you guys when I have a moment to play! Wife wants to go out too much recently :P
Old 2011-11-05, 16:51   Link #1366
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Ak3mi, are you on the EU server? If so you can't add the people in NA sadly.
Old 2011-11-05, 17:20   Link #1367
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

You should replace your t1 runes with t3 when you hit 20, not 30.

Anyway CV nerf was obvious. EVERY game at higher level had someone who used CV and usually 8+ flash. The two most used summoner spells getting nerfed isn't that surprising. Flash needed a change and the cooldown increase won't make CV different, just harder to use which is fine.

Also I'm considering buying the 7 rune pages bundle with RP since I'm not going to spend 6.3k IP on ONE page before I have everything else. Speaking of IP, after lvl20 runes are always a good investment even if you don't play someone who uses them since you want them all at some point anyway. I'm not close to that but I'm wondering what those people who actually have every champion and rune do with their IP ...

As for buying champions with RP, please just buy those who aren't in one of the large packs but that much should be obvious. I bought Anivia and Jax with IP which I /somewhat/ regret since I feel that any of the packs would have given me more for the money even if they cost real $$. Also don't buy the Gamer's Choice pack, buy the Digital Collector's Pack, same champions but much more useful extras.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 18:27   Link #1368
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Levels 1-19 = Buy as many champions as possible.
Levels 20-30 = Buy 8 pairs of runes that you think you will use. So you can easily swap runes with each new champion that's free.

Is what I think atleast
Old 2011-11-05, 18:47   Link #1369
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
So after over a year of playing my account, I have only just hit level 30 today. Should I replace my crap tier 1 runes with tier 3 now?
Don't worry, the guy who coaxed me into playing lol still hasn't hit 30 yet, and we both started at the same time during the Malzahar patch IIRC.

And my philosophy is to have a few optimally built champs, rather than having scores of champs. So yeah, IMO definitely buy some runes, but if you like to cheap out I'd go something like this...

flat armor yellows
flat mr blues
armor/magic penetration reds
gp10 quints

I mean, if people can get to platinum just with those runes, then it would do its job for the casuals as well.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 21:35   Link #1370
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

awwww what I am eu, Any eu players here who want to play ?
Old 2011-11-05, 22:41   Link #1371
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Also note there's EU west and EU east, so yeah...

Old 2011-11-06, 01:23   Link #1372
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Speaking of IP, after lvl20 runes are always a good investment even if you don't play someone who uses them since you want them all at some point anyway. I'm not close to that but I'm wondering what those people who actually have every champion and rune do with their IP ...
They then proceed to buy a runepage for every champion out there, so that's a 12600 IP quota per month, for the page and the new champ. I highly doubt there are many champions who could use an exclusive runepage though, I mean who on earth would ever use a full HP runepage...or even worse, a full mana runepage? :O
Old 2011-11-06, 01:45   Link #1373
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Imagine Ryze with a full mana rune page...
Old 2011-11-06, 02:01   Link #1374
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, gets a whooping 30 bonus damage to miss out on penetration, movespeed and survivability :P
Old 2011-11-06, 02:44   Link #1375
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Also I'm considering buying the 7 rune pages bundle with RP since I'm not going to spend 6.3k IP on ONE page before I have everything else. Speaking of IP, after lvl20 runes are always a good investment even if you don't play someone who uses them since you want them all at some point anyway. I'm not close to that but I'm wondering what those people who actually have every champion and rune do with their IP ...
I considered the 7 page too, though my RP was limited so I dropped the plan after name change news , though I did end up buying a 3rd page though from RP, but the bundle if you make of use of it is definitely best use of RP vs IP cost aside from 6300 IP champs when on RP sales maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yeah, gets a whooping 30 bonus damage to miss out on penetration, movespeed and survivability :P
you also get some bonus AP late game once you start building AA rod/s.
MAL
Old 2011-11-06, 07:44   Link #1376
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Also note there's EU west and EU east, so yeah...
God dam that's really splitting people up that's a shame.

Im east eu anyone play LoL that region ?

And is it true that evelynn is getting buffed in season 2?
Old 2011-11-06, 08:46   Link #1377
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoshuriken View Post
Imagine Ryze with a full mana rune page...
Yeah, pre-nerf Ryze starting mana crystal, with flat mana on quints + seals + glyphs (red is used for mpen) was absolutely dominating in lane. 110+ Q damage at lvl 1 on a 3.5s CD. XD

After Q ratio went down though, people are starting to use MS quints + scaling mana seals + flat or scaling glyphs, and focusing less on early beatdown to a better mid-game.

Old 2011-11-07, 10:46   Link #1378
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Also can anyone tell me how rankings work is it like in World of warcraft, that you must be max level on account to get into the rankings?
Old 2011-11-07, 15:50   Link #1379
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Also can anyone tell me how rankings work is it like in World of warcraft, that you must be max level on account to get into the rankings?
yes takes being level 30 because would be imbalanced otherwise due to runes and masteries, it also requires you to own 14 champions(including the 10 free in a given week) since all ranked games are done in the draft format.
MAL
Old 2011-11-08, 02:08   Link #1380
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
God dam that's really splitting people up that's a shame.

Im east eu anyone play LoL that region ?

And is it true that evelynn is getting buffed in season 2?
Add Bilstin or Kafxaeus, kinda playing both with a split champion roster. Also no, Evelynn isn't getting buffed but the stealth mechanic is bound to change, so she might get a complete remake as well.

Tags
league of legends, lol