AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Old 2007-07-28, 22:21   Link #1021
TigerII
Pilot in Training

And there are alot like him. Or at least when I was in highschool there was. I think no couple in my highschool ever lasted more than 2 weeks, and most of the time they were broken because the guys AND girls cheated.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 22:39   Link #1022
anselfir
Style Über Alles

i have no problem with cheating. you can be cool and superior when 'cheating,' but that requires one being a higher order lifeform.
Old 2007-07-28, 22:43   Link #1023
TigerII
Pilot in Training

But the point I was making was they acted just like Makato is(Early highschool, by their last years they were pros....lol). They didn't know what to do, they didn't try to make their partners happy, they just wanted to fullfill their own desires.
Old 2007-07-28, 22:44   Link #1024
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
And there are alot like him. Or at least when I was in highschool there was. I think no couple in my highschool ever lasted more than 2 weeks, and most of the time they were broken because the guys AND girls cheated.
Exactly, i'm sure everyone who's been through highschool would see alot of relationships which end because one of the them was cheating.... Personally i feel relationships developed between teenagers usually never last or develop further, such as marriage. That is because teenagers are at a age where they are exploring relationships and commitment and they are just that experiments.

I find it funny that things like what makoto is doing, happens throughout most highschools and yet i'm sure there isn't alot of you who would go up to the perpetraitor and call them an ass. It's only when people decide to represent these actions on tv that people actually care, when in fact situations like school days are appearing at a regular basis throughout the world.

Bow down to the power of media, that which can turn apathy into sympathy.
Old 2007-07-28, 22:53   Link #1025
Chewy

I've tried to pull Makoto's kind of crap in highschool before too, so I can understand where he's coming from. At that age, sex is new, and there's pressure to do it for no other reason than to have done it. But the girls in my situation were friends and didn't let me get away with it, so I ended up with nothing. This is why I can understand Makoto's actions at that age, but I'm annoyed with how much Sekai and Kotonoha are willing to let Makoto get away with... maybe it's because they aren't that close to begin with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post

I find it funny that things like what makoto is doing, happens throughout most highschools and yet i'm sure there isn't alot of you who would go up to the perpetraitor and call them an ass. It's only when people decide to represent these actions on tv that people actually care, when in fact situations like school days are appearing at a regular basis throughout the world.

Bow down to the power of media, that which can turn apathy into sympathy.
Well... I think if my friends were involved I would step in and say something.... but if it was just some guy or girl, I'm not going to step in just because they're from the same school. I wouldn't say it's exactly apathy, but more "I don't really know the situation, I don't want to stick my nose where it doesn't belong"... If they asked, then I would certainly help...
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 01:32   Link #1026
DanielSong39

This show is a surprisingly insightful and cautionary look at high school romance, if you ask me - albeit a bit exaggerated. It has already gone beyond the "typical high school romance" show and set itself apart from other shows in the genre.

In my mind this show provides a perfect example of a high school romance gone wrong... as much as To Heart is an example of a high school romance done right. Let's see how how far the show degenerates; it could prove to be a tragedy of Wagnerian proportions.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 02:02   Link #1027
Zarn
ナギさま~!

Lol whats with all those unknown groups releasing episodes? xD
Zarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 03:25   Link #1028
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Conclave is doing a pretty good job. Although what in the world is "Devil's Lair"? They just 'supposedly' released episode 4, and have no irc or website... seems like a fake / trap.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 04:12   Link #1029
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
i have no problem with cheating. you can be cool and superior when 'cheating,' but that requires one being a higher order lifeform.
you make it sound like cheating on your partner is an acceptable thing when you are older...

makato may be acting like what teenage boys his age would do but i generally call those types of people "scum" anyway...well as long as i myself isnt like that i guess i have no right in pokeing my nose into other people's "unprivate" lives

~~ in any case what makoto doing is wrong and shouldnt be looked at as an example on how to start your own relationship (however tempting it maye be to grap your partner's chest on the 3rd day of going out)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 04:22   Link #1030
ipernorris

I want to train too!
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 04:24   Link #1031
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
lol deathkillz has a point, you make it sound like there are two types of cheating, good cheating and bad cheating, while classifying makoto as a bad cheater?

As for makoto, i feel we shouldn't judge his character just yet.. I'm giving him a few more eps.... From the looks of things so far he hasn't done anything too despicable, apart from being a teenager.

Also from the looks of ep 4..

Spoiler for ep4:
Old 2007-07-29, 07:18   Link #1032
gumbaloom
Live-eviL Staffer

Send a message via AIM to gumbaloom Send a message via Yahoo to gumbaloom
You forget that this anime airs at like 2.30am in the morning. It's not like kids are watching it so they can get away with a lot of things I think.

The thing I'd like to know is what the Japanese censor laws are like. Like for example in the UK the present laws are anything goes after 9pm except full on detailed shots of any activity at the "business end" of things.

I know in Japan they have the obvious rule about pixellating the business end of things and H-Games are not allowed to be sold for consoles. So where does School Days stand in that respect? How far will they go?

Another thought is if they DO go that far would it be appropriate considering we get 13/14 year olds downloading stuff from AnimeSuki to put a warning on Schooldays to avoid any issues?

-gumbaloom
gumbaloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 07:43   Link #1033
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
I don't think cheating is the right thing to do, you should probably break off with your current girlfriend or wife and then go for the other girl
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 08:20   Link #1034
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
I don't think cheating is the right thing to do, you should probably break off with your current girlfriend or wife and then go for the other girl
I think the right thing to do is taking as many girls as possible!
Old 2007-07-29, 08:41   Link #1035
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
That sounds good in the beginning as long you dont get spoiled by the other girls but if they ever find out you cheated on them, some will dumped you and some will try to kill you.
Old 2007-07-29, 08:44   Link #1036
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeplesCuttino View Post
That sounds good in the beginning as long you dont get spoiled by the other girls but if they ever find out you cheated on them, some will dumped you and some will try to kill you.
Well to have plenty of girls you have to be smart, otherwise you're done for, of course. Having three-four girls is possible, more is quite a problem!
Old 2007-07-29, 10:48   Link #1037
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I knew a guy who had five girlfriends. He got five .357 rounds in his back. He is a
paraplegic now.
Old 2007-07-29, 10:50   Link #1038
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I knew a guy who had five girlfriends. He got five .357 rounds in his back. He is a
paraplegic now.
I'm sorry for him but who shot?
Old 2007-07-29, 11:00   Link #1039
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Quote:
Well to have plenty of girls you have to be smart, otherwise you're done for, of course. Having three-four girls is possible, more is quite a problem!
seriously stupid way of thinking so i hope you arent being serious girls arent objects you know...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-29, 11:03   Link #1040
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Death...let me let you in on a little secret. Alot of guys are pigs who want as many as they can. As you have seen, several have shown they have no problem with cheating.

ipernorris

One of his girlfriends. He couldn't have chosen a more psychotic woman to cheat on. She is in prison for twelve more years at the moment.

Last edited by TigerII; 2007-07-29 at 11:30.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, ecchi, harem, romance, tnk, yandere