3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.72%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-17, 23:24   Link #101
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

All Gundam Meisters are chosen by the supercomputer Veda, so there must be some reasons
Old 2007-11-17, 23:25   Link #102
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
All Gundam Meisters are chosen by the supercomputer Veda, so there must be some reasons
yeah, that reminds me, where exactly did they get that supercomputer from?
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 23:26   Link #103
lubczyk

Quote:
So what if Veda goes "Destroy all humans!!!" Will we have a massive object plummeting towards Earth or something.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 23:29   Link #104
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Sorry if that came off as an insult. I just wanted to provide a counterargument. Both of our arguments might just as well be equally valid. I just got a little bit too emotional, that's all. I don't always think the director's viewpoint on a subject is the correct one.
Correct or not, it depends on other people view. We don't have the right to decide which one is correct. It's the majority who decide what is right, and what is wrong.
Well, it's not like I want you to pity Setsuna or something.

@Ninjacat: We still have time, and they will reveal the truth behind their choice of Meister. I really want to know why they choose Setsuna.

Quote:
So what if Veda goes "Destroy all humans!!!" Will we have a massive object plummeting towards Earth or something.
If it's that stupid enough, then maybe yes.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 23:30   Link #105
Wen
Chocolate Filled

Quote:
I don't know, Hitler never got the German people to kill their own relatives, except when he tried euthanizing the sick and handicapped. Even then, he had to stop since the German people started getting suspicious.
The Jihad crap that Ali used on Setsuna and his friends was just pure manipulation. Childrens are easy victim. How is joining God's ARMY (wtf) not manipulation?!?!

I think Setsuna the way he is now is not just because he killed his parent. It's because he witnessed betrayal himself. I'm relating this back to episode 1 when he was stating 'there's no God.' Seeing his friends died one by one probably made him realized that he was being used all along and that there was no God to save them. Since there is no God to help him, he pilot Gundam so that he can be void to things that caused him pain (wars, enemies, etc..).

Setsuna just wants to protect himself. He is a survivor and he plans to live (why? I don't know). That can be relate to his comment about Exia being his existence.
Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 23:30   Link #106
winter45

Hey just to clear things up a bit more.. Terrorists are not soley targetting civilian targets.. Unfortunatly media and movies has sterotyped terrorists as to atacking only civilian targets.

Two most common are:

1 Terrorists also acts of murder and destruction deliberately directed against civilians or military in non-military situations.

2 Terrorists use the unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence against people or property to coerce or intimidate governments or societies.

But at point 1, this is a point that most people are unaware of. For some reason people have the misconception that terrorists only attacks only civilian targets.. if you remember correctly 9/11/01 The US government stated that the 3rd plane crashed into the Pentagon (military target).

These are the most basic uses of terrorism in todays world but there are are more specific ones. Dont want to get into depth (way too tired) but like to explain that terrorists just dont go for civilian targets.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 23:32   Link #107
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay
yeah, that reminds me, where exactly did they get that supercomputer from?
Maybe Veda is actually powered up by Aelio Schenberg's still functioning brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk
Don't worry, I think we will have one incident involving one solar elevator collapsing. It could be the highlight of the first season
Old 2007-11-17, 23:32   Link #108
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
what, it's Char's head in a jar now?

well, if that happens, all the Gundam pilots will have some soul searching and then probably end up with Lockon and Allelujah having to kill Tieria, and maybe Setsuna too. -_-

Quote:
Don't worry, I think we will have one incident involving one solar elevator collapsing. It could be the highlight of the first season
having a total "wait...what the heck?!" ending like this week isn't a bad way to end a series' halfway point.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 23:34   Link #109
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I hate Celestial Being.
At this point there nothing more than mere terrorists. They are totally unpredictable, and can't be reasoned with. They shoot first, and never ask questions...

While others fight to protect their ideals, their futures, their economies, their ways of life, CB fights to impose their ideal on the world. They come off incredibly hypocritical because up until they showed up there were no major conflicts going on, and it seemed the power blocs are all in a state of lesser cold war. None of the countries seemed to be governed by maniacs bent on total warfare and genocide. Well, that's except CB who have claimed a lot of innocent lives so far in 7 episodes, plus millions if not more in material losses.

Another thing that bothered me was CB's chain of command, what a pathetic bunch. Those girls have no feelings whatsoever, they can go shopping AND even sleep after having planned an operation that would claim hundreds of lives... Sumeragi is a terrible commander, and a coward. Only those that are willing to put their lives on the line should lead, not the cowards that hide in their basements and launch terrorist attacks against sovereign nations.

Anyways, enough of my rant. I just hope Sergei/Soma, Graham and Ali wreck Celestial Being and break their back.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 23:40   Link #110
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I hate Celestial Being.
At this point there nothing more than mere terrorists. They are totally unpredictable, and can't be reasoned with. They shoot first, and never ask questions...

While others fight to protect their ideals, their futures, their economies, their ways of life, CB fights to impose their ideal on the world. They come off incredibly hypocritical because up until they showed up there were no major conflicts going on, and it seemed the power blocs are all in a state of lesser cold war. None of the countries seemed to be governed by maniacs bent on total warfare and genocide. Well, that's except CB who have claimed a lot of innocent lives so far in 7 episodes, plus millions if not more in material losses.

Another thing that bothered me was CB's chain of command, what a pathetic bunch. Those girls have no feelings whatsoever, they can go shopping AND even sleep after having planned an operation that would claim hundreds of lives... Sumeragi is a terrible commander, and a coward. Only those that are willing to put their lives on the line should lead, not the cowards that hide in their basements and launch terrorist attacks against sovereign nations.

Anyways, enough of my rant. I just hope Sergei/Soma, Graham and Ali wreck Celestial Being and break their back.
Another one who has absolutely no idea whatsoever how things work in a military...
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 23:56   Link #111
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Another one who has absolutely no idea whatsoever how things work in a military...
Do you mean Revolutionist or the characters in the show when you say that? I ask because I was going to say that not everybody lives in a country where a tour of duty in the military service is a mandatory requirement for citizenship. You can't really fault somebody if they aren't socially or legally obligated to familiarize themselves with military conventions. If you mean the show then yes, the CB are a Private Army and don't have to play by any rules of engagement but their own. For all we know things like the Geneva Convention may no longer apply in Gundam 00's time.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-17, 23:58   Link #112
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

lubczyk, you clearly have no idea of how gundam works do you...

The cute mission commander girl on the spaceship or anybody else that stays on the spaceship doesn't die. Ever.

And I highly doubt we'll be seeing any captured gundams soon as worst to worst Tieria just exterminates with extreme prejudice. Oh, and if Allelujah goes batshit, you can be sure a lot of things will start dropping.

Oh, and another thing, lubczyk, treize was the exception, not the rule. You'd have to be a moron these days to give orders from the front line, because one shot=you're dead.
Old 2007-11-18, 00:01   Link #113
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post

The cute mission commander girl on the spaceship or anybody else that stays on the spaceship doesn't die. Ever.

And I highly doubt we'll be seeing any captured gundams soon as worst to worst Tieria just exterminates with extreme prejudice. Oh, and if Allelujah goes batshit, you can be sure a lot of things will start dropping.

Oh, and another thing, lubczyk, treize was the exception, not the rule. You'd have to be a moron these days to give orders from the front line, because one shot=you're dead.
Yeah I too remember when:

Spoiler for People That Apparently Didn't Die:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 00:03   Link #114
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post

I remember White Base being destroyed in the original Gundam and everyone dying. Not sure, though, it was a long time ago I saw that series.
Old 2007-11-18, 00:06   Link #115
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

And that was 30 years ago. Didn't happen in G, didn't happen in Wing, didn't happen in SEED.

Won't happen here.

At least not until we see a Sumeragi/Christina angel bath!
Old 2007-11-18, 00:10   Link #116
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Have you served in the military by any chance?
Old 2007-11-18, 00:12   Link #117
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I remember White Base being destroyed in the original Gundam and everyone dying. Not sure, though, it was a long time ago I saw that series.
Spoiler for MSG:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 00:22   Link #118
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Putting their lives on the line, one issue or another...

A commander's place is behind the lines.

Besides, in CB's hierarchy, it does seem like Veda > all.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 00:54   Link #119
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

I won't be surprised if Schenberg's brain is actually part of Veda.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 00:57   Link #120
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Tieria made is clear he doesn't give a s**t about the innocent victims from the terrorist bombs. It's not clear what Setsuna thinks, but he did propose taking down the terrorists as the right course of action for CB. I kinda get the feeling that while Setsuna doesn't necessarily care about individual people, he would like a more peaceful world (even if only for his benefit).

For the fountain scene, I think if the writers truly wished to indicate that it meant Setsuna doesn't care at all then they would have shown him eating the hotdog while the scenes of destruction were still going on around him. Instead, he's not even holding it. I don't think that's an animation error. It seems to me more like that Setsuna is so mentally scared that his emotions in general are quite numb - they are there, lurking (as this ep shows when he recalls shooting his mother), but it's mostly a case of "still waters run deep", I'd say. Tieria is more like "void" (as in devoid of empathy).
I take that fountain scene as something similar to Raistlin's Curse of Hourglass Eyes, as everything he sees, he only sees death and decay. I think what Setsuna has undergone during his childhood has made him unable to see peace and happiness. Whatever he sees, his mind makes him see them wither and die. That could explain his constant emo state, that whenever he sees peace and happiness, his mental trauma makes him think of war and death, and how easily lives can be destroyed. And Gundam may be the only thing that Setsuna sees that doesn't wither and die, but instead a messianic figure, due to his childhood encounter with the phoenix Gundam

That's, of course, all just my wild thoughts
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote