AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-27, 18:45   Link #41
marvelB

Ah, so that earlier summary was only half-true, after all (glad that the part with the Buggy interview was real, though! ). So I guess this means that Squado probably isn't a spy, but a silver medalist after all. Well, we should find out for sure when the next chapter comes out.....

Also glad to hear that my man Moria is back on his feet! So he's taking on a commander now, is he? I can't wait to see how well he fares against this guy. I'm not surprised to learn that Kizaru's after Luffy, since he asked Sengoku permission to execute him a few chapters ago, anyway. However, if Aokiji were the one to stand in Luffy's way, I'd imagine that he would've let him pass not only because he's softer than most marines on the force, but because of that "favor" that he owed Garp.......

Anyways, chapter sounds awesome, as usual! Can't wait for the pics to come out.
Old 2009-10-27, 19:12   Link #42
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I'm usually a Marine fan, but the PX army attacking the Shichibukai has got to be one of the dumbest things they could do. After this display of incompetence, they deserve to lose.

Sengoku is an idiot, he should just execute Ace and move on, but no he has to be dramatic. Not to mention if the PX is his answer then he is beyond an idiot.
Old 2009-10-27, 19:15   Link #43
deltaxxmintpie
Cake lover Cookie ninja

Highly doubtful that white beard will die just from that, he was the guy who fought on par with the pirate king so at least he'll go down in a glorious manner, not from a single stab.

lol at Buggy getting all the attentions

My prediction came through, the revolution army did show up - now only if dragon would make his appearance

I wonder how much longer the shichibukis are gonna side with the world government. At least Mihawk, DoFlamingos are smart enough to know that WG will no longer have a use for them when this is all over and if marines are victorious. Blackbeard might probably be planning a scheme of his own as well.
Old 2009-10-27, 20:35   Link #44
Emolisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I'm usually a Marine fan, but the PX army attacking the Shichibukai has got to be one of the dumbest things they could do. After this display of incompetence, they deserve to lose.

Sengoku is an idiot, he should just execute Ace and move on, but no he has to be dramatic. Not to mention if the PX is his answer then he is beyond an idiot.
I thk Sengoku is using Ace as a bait to lure everyone there and kill all of them once and for all including the Shichibukai
Old 2009-10-27, 21:04   Link #45
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaxxmintpie View Post
My prediction came through, the revolution army did show up - now only if dragon would make his appearance
Actually, that turned out to be false (so far at least). It is the former Impel Down prisoners that seized one of the cameras, not the revolutionaries.
Old 2009-10-27, 21:17   Link #46
marvelB

^That reminds me, I ought to go edit the summary so there's no more confusion about the spoilers. Lemme get right on it.....

Edit: Annnd.... we're done!

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-10-27 at 21:34.
Old 2009-10-27, 22:41   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also glad to hear that my man Moria is back on his feet! So he's taking on a commander now, is he? I can't wait to see how well he fares against this guy.
This ought to shut the people up who were so adamant that Moria was OHKO'd (I'm not referring to anyone here, but on other forums I've visited). No more of that BS, for they must be eating their words right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaxxmintpie View Post
I wonder how much longer the shichibukis are gonna side with the world government. At least Mihawk, DoFlamingos are smart enough to know that WG will no longer have a use for them when this is all over and if marines are victorious.
The only warlord they wouldn't try to exterminate would be Kuma. Now that he's been completely automated to obey their every command, he'll be of really good use to them. It's very difficult and early to say what the fates of the remaining warlords will be after this war is over.
Old 2009-10-27, 23:32   Link #48
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Alright I have to say Buggy was pretty funny in this chapter.

Wow. If Whitebeard dies because of that stab......then he FAILS.

The PX army is attacking Schibukai too? Well most top Marines so far have shown a disgust with them. They're all pirates at heart anyways. Probably not Mihawk but yeah.
Old 2009-10-28, 00:00   Link #49
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Wow. If Whitebeard dies because of that stab......then he FAILS.

That's kind of the point, though. Even if Newgate survives the stab wound (which he most likely will), this still marks the beginning of the end for him. The wound will eventually wear him down as time passes on, and soon it'll reach the point where just about anyone can land a finishing blow on that old fossil. As powerful as Whitebeard may be, it doesn't change the fact that he's nothing but a relic of a bygone age, now. The old man's time is just about up. Now's the time for a fresh face to take up the mantle as the fourth emperor of the New World (namely, Blackbeard).........
Old 2009-10-28, 00:19   Link #50
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
That's kind of the point, though. Even if Newgate survives the stab wound (which he most likely will), this still marks the beginning of the end for him. The wound will eventually wear him down as time passes on, and soon it'll reach the point where just about anyone can land a finishing blow on that old fossil. As powerful as Whitebeard may be, it doesn't change the fact that he's nothing but a relic of a bygone age, now. The old man's time is just about up. Now's the time for a fresh face to take up the mantle as the fourth emperor of the New World (namely, Blackbeard).........
Newgate???

Err no. A lot of people could beat Blackbeard. Heck Mihawk could easily own BB. His ability to absorb the damage is his weakness. You think any of the 3 admirals would have trouble? Doubt it. Ace almost beat him.
Old 2009-10-28, 00:53   Link #51
andy

Quote:
Newgate???

Err no. A lot of people could beat Blackbeard. Heck Mihawk could easily own BB. His ability to absorb the damage is his weakness. You think any of the 3 admirals would have trouble? Doubt it. Ace almost beat him.
Admirals would have hard time beating BB , it reason he get his DF in first place.
While the admirals are strong we don't know how they would be in a physical fight. Plus when is last time one of them took a few hits. Also he can suck in all of there attacks. When fighting BB your going to get into a fist fight no matter what.
Old 2009-10-28, 02:45   Link #52
tsunade666

BB which remind me is he even serious against megellan or just plain surprised by him.
I mean magellan is logia type and BB ability is the best way to deal with their invincible body.
I mean their aren't that many who could use haki on the caliber to even hit them. And I think BB himself is haki user. I mean in c 544 he said that luffy's haki have become stronger. Means he also know it. But I just can't figure that guy out.
Old 2009-10-28, 04:02   Link #53
PrototypeX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I mean magellan is logia type and BB ability is the best way to deal with their invincible body.
Just a correction :
Magellan was an exception whose wearing the poison power on himself.He was a paramecia.I think if BB ever tries to drain him out, he may draw some poison drops on himself before Magellan's body and ended up in getting poisoned once again.So may be kind of risky for Blackbeard to face Magellan.

Quote:
Also glad to hear that my man Moria is back on his feet! So he's taking on a commander now, is he? I can't wait to see how well he fares against this guy
Remembering his former successes, I woulndt be surprised if he just ends up getting killed by a slap from the commander.Looks like getting owned by everyone in battlefield is his destiny.

And Ill stick with a brand new yet ridiculous plot twist :
Squado is.........Bon Clay!
Old 2009-10-28, 09:54   Link #54
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Newgate???

I'm a big a fan of Ace as anyone out there, bt Ace got beat easily. BB was clearly holding back during that fight. Ace gave it a good go, but his power was never going to hurt BB
Old 2009-10-28, 15:08   Link #55
marvelB

So... anyone's seen the other pics yet? Sentoumaru notes that the plan to corner the pirates has backfired since Whitebeard had ordered for all the crews to spread out all over the place. It also seems that the PX army is attacking indiscriminately, since Whitebeard says that they're willing to take casualties. But I think my favorite line is Moria telling the 10th division commander that he doesn't care which side wins as long as Whitebeard dies. I guess this means he's planning to abandon the Shichibukai, as well.....?

By the way, the Buggy interview is as awesome as ever.

Quote:

Blackbeard's strongest weapon isn't his DF power, but "fate". No matter what happens to him, fate will always make sure that he succeeds in the end..... at least, until his final confrontation with Luffy, anyway. That's why he's able to survive trials like being poisoned at Impel Down.....

However, having said that, I still think that Blackbeard was never in any danger of losing to Ace, fate or not. Remember, Teach has several years' worth of experience over him, even before he ate the darkness DF. Plus, both Ace and Whitebeard were already warned about how dangerous a character Blackbeard was from the get-go. Also, when you factor in all the build-up the guy's had since way back during the Drum arc, I don't see how Teach wouldn't end up becoming one of the most dangerous pirates in the sea......
Old 2009-10-28, 15:15   Link #56
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Marines are tryin to prevent the Pirates from entering the Plaza. If the Pirates make their way there, It'll make it very hard usin the Pacifistas without causing significant Marine casulties.

Also, Buggy interview = awesome. They were doin make-up and everythin. I bet if Rayleigh is watchin..he's laughing or face-palming.
Old 2009-10-28, 15:21   Link #57
noktown

Maybe the Squado guy was being controlled by someone like w/e his name who killed the giant or cut off his feet to be more correct.
Old 2009-10-28, 15:25   Link #58
james0246

Fate...well as a plot contrivance/armor, yes you are correct, bu that really isn't the in-universe answer for his "greatness". Rather, his actual strongest ability is his stamina and physical prowess mixed with his great 'ambition' and vast experience (he was, seemingly, considered before Ace for the position of commander).

That being said, Buggy's interview was great . While he doesn't seem to take any specific credit for anything in particular, it is still great how he endlessly hypes himself. Yes it is Mr. Satan to the extreme, but the homage is far more interesting (and funnier) than Toriyama's creation ever was.

And yes, Moria is very interestign in his brief appearance (though the Hancock appearance was pointless, and I couldn't quite make out what Smoker and Tashigi were saying...).

But Sukuado's betrayal was still one of the most interesting parts of this chapter. Can't wait till next week to see what his rational is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Maybe the Squado guy was being controlled by someone like w/e his name who killed the giant or cut off his feet to be more correct.
No, Sukuado had a conversation with Whitebeard, so he couldn't be under DoFlamingo's control (though that doesn't mean that another character couldn't also have soem sort of manipulation ability).
Old 2009-10-28, 16:27   Link #59
andy

Seem like smoker was saying the need to get the hell out of there .
The marines want the den den off so they can kill all the pirates even if means killing some of there own men and they want to kill ace early , but with the den den on it would make them look weak if they did it early with the world watching.

kizura about to get rush by luffy , jinbei and 5 other commanders .
WB gets stab but i won't say much about that cause we going to find out more about it next week.
Old 2009-10-28, 17:30   Link #60
marvelB

So I've been thinking...... maybe Squado was sent by Kaidou? I mean, we know that he tried to take a potshot at Whitebeard before Shanks came along and stopped him, so maybe he sent Squado to do the dirty deed for him? I think that's a possibility.....

By the way, I think I see the NW captain Doma in one of those cam pics. I'm not 100% certain since the pics are blurry, but at least the hair looks the same. Now we just need Makugai to make his appearance. A guy with a mustache that crazy can't not be awesome (heck, just look at Vista)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Fate...well as a plot contrivance/armor, yes you are correct, bu that really isn't the in-universe answer for his "greatness". Rather, his actual strongest ability is his stamina and physical prowess mixed with his great 'ambition' and vast experience (he was, seemingly, considered before Ace for the position of commander).

Of course I didn't forget to take Blackbeard's strength, physical endurance and ambition into account as well, but I still think that fate counts as a "weapon" of his, as well.

Actually, I'm glad this was brought up, because there was something I've been meaning to point out for a while, now: I find Blackbeard's choice of Devil Fruit to be very fitting for him. For a strong believer of fate and destiny such as himself, what better power to have than a gravity-based one? After all, Teach, like Luffy, has a kind of gravitation about him, a kind of charisma that attracts unique individuals towards him and makes them want to follow his lead (for instance, notice that two of his crewmembers are former law enforcers). I think it's quite likely that Blackbeard, like Luffy, also possesses the "king's disposition", though the obvious difference is that Teach has a darker ambition (and is an overall more sinister character) than the young rookie. It'll truly make for an epic match-up when the two of them have their final encounter later in the series.......
Closed Thread