AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-13, 04:01   Link #7641
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The only direction we can go with SEED now is an ASTRAY anime series (which would be freaking great)
Thats really the only way i can see a sequel or more CE happening is in Astray form.

now that i look at the promo picture the Gundam holding Freedom look alike http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6R8b4kD25r...1600/1gg2z.jpg

Looks a lot like the Dreadnought Gundam
http://wakpaper.com/large/Gundam+See...papers_216.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/gundam/image...h25m57s131.png

so if this is Astray related than i'm all for it. cause Astray has been getting lots of love lately with new manga's and models so timing works too. HD remaster could also be there to remind us of the CE after all its been about 10 years since the CE was around in anime form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
With that kind of attitude, Gundam would never had gone past MSG.

Making up new characters, especially antagonists, are a staple of every sequel. And the world of CE is more divided than the world of UC, which increases the likelihood of future conflicts.
really dude? the villain/story extensions made sense in UC, there were large time gaps between each series to make sense in the evil growing and changing names. also the evil was always there in UC. and there really aren't any other series that are as large as the UC to make sequels like the UC, only CE has that potential, and with the Curb stomping end that Destiny was what organization could even come close to even putting up a fight in a sequel and that isn't dead or still relevant? anyone can make up a new group but that makes sense in story is another matter. look at Frozen Teardrop.

Quote:
And the world CE is more divided than the world of UC,
Hardly, the anime didn't have any divided worlds it was ZAFT vs Earth Feds with Orb like nations. now if you Add astray lore (with all organization not mentioned in Seed/destiny anime) then yeah, the world of CE is a bit more divided but more than UC still no not at all. UC been around for ever and its evolved a lot CE 10 years give or take. so no UC is much more divided.

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-06-13 at 04:32.
The American Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 20:56   Link #7642
Skye629

Well here's a larger one from GG

Of all the 130+ comments I read it seems the majority thinks its going to have something to do with GPB, which I dont mind at all

The lower half is definitely Strike, Upper wings are Freedoms, and lower wings are either Freedoms or SFs

Im really curious what they are planning to do with this
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:14   Link #7643
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Being Gunpla Builder related, or SEED related makes the most sense. The Gundam itself lends credibility to both theories.

On one hand, the heavy SEED themed design could lend credit that this is another CE series.

On the other, the mix and match look of the Gundam looks like it was kit bashed. using parts from other SEED Gundams.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 21:17   Link #7644
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The kitbash theory feels even more plausible, given the 1/144 thing mentioned on the poster.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:22   Link #7645
The American Average
2LMES

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

first real robot fight yay Shinn SEED mode too nest episode Freedom also new Ending animations

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-06-13 at 22:47.
Old 2013-06-13, 22:49   Link #7646
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I really wish Bandai would make those videos available for mobile phones. I love the Zamzahza.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 22:56   Link #7647
Aquaman OS

New ending, using the special edition 1 ending theme. Hilariously Kira and Lacus and SF (and to a lesser extent Athrun and Cagalli) are hogging it, which I guess is appropriate seeing as Kira becomes the real hero of the show next ep.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 23:06   Link #7648
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
New ending, using the special edition 1 ending theme. Hilariously Kira and Lacus and SF (and to a lesser extent Athrun and Cagalli) are hogging it, which I guess is appropriate seeing as Kira becomes the real hero of the show next ep.
True i'm kinda hoping each episode is a new set of characters at the end of each episodes Make the Next episode Cagalli and Athrun Infinite Justice. Then Shinn Luna or Stella with the Destiny.

Spoiler for picture:

Strike Freedom paint job looks really cool

Last edited by The American Average; 2013-06-14 at 04:35.
Old 2013-06-13, 23:08   Link #7649
Aquaman OS

I think this is a one episode special ending, since they have to start doing Life Goes On, although maybe next ep will have another variation since LGO doesn't start until 14.

Hilariously the Destiny Gundam isn't even shown in it at all. Kira gets SF Athrun gets IJ while Shinn only gets Impulse.
Old 2013-06-13, 23:25   Link #7650
The American Average
2LMES

this would be a very random, special episode ending on an episode like this and for One episode too? this was kinda Shinn's episode isn't it he turns Seed and fights off a huge fleet of Earth Fed that Have a MA. Shinn should have been the focus of the ending.

now if they did this ending in the next episode with the Freedom launching then it make more sense. since this is ep 12 Strike Freedom, ep 13 Infinite Justice Ep 14 Destiny. would be really cool. seeing this ending makes me wonder what other noticeable changes will happen
Old 2013-06-13, 23:35   Link #7651
Aquaman OS

Well Special Edition 1 ended with Savior launching and this episode ended with Savior launching (the Lacus assassination and Freedom's reactivation was moved to before Savior launched in the Special) so that could be why.
Old 2013-06-14, 00:23   Link #7652
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
really dude? the villain/story extensions made sense in UC, there were large time gaps between each series to make sense in the evil growing and changing names.
First of all, most of the stories in UC are set within a 20-year frame until you get to F91, which is the first actual large time gap.

Secondly, the universe is big enough that multiple events could develop at the same time. A show focuses on specific events, but that doesn't mean nothing else happened in the universe outside of those events. That's why you can also have side stories.
Quote:
not that large also the evil was always there in UC.
Evil are always there in every universe.
Quote:
and there really aren't any other series that are as large as the UC to make sequels like the UC
UC didn't start out big. Things have to start somewhere.
Quote:
the Curb stomping end that Destiny was what organization could even come close to even putting up a fight in a sequel and that isn't dead or still relevant? anyone can make up a new group but that makes sense in story is another matter. look at Frozen Teardrop.
What about Frozen Teardrop?
Quote:
Hardly, the anime didn't have any divided worlds it was ZAFT vs Earth Feds with Orb like nations. now if you Add astray lore (with all organization not mentioned in Seed/destiny anime) then yeah, the world of CE is a bit more divided but more than UC still no not at all. UC been around for ever and its evolved a lot CE 10 years give or take. so no UC is much more divided.
The Earth Federation in CE is not as united as in UC. Both in SEED and in Destiny, we see tension amongst the Federation countries.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 00:39   Link #7653
Destined_Fate

Well, Destiny did push Kira hard at the worse times when they should have been pushing Shinn. Shinn's handling later in Destiny was simply put a train wreck that the game industry has been fixing for years in more than just Super Robot Wars.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 00:55   Link #7654
The American Average
2LMES

here we go...

Quote:
First of all, most of the stories in UC are set within a 20-year frame until you get to F91, which is the first actual large time gap.
the time gap between MSG and Zeta is a Seven year time gap Zeta to Double Zeta is like a week afterwards. CCA is 6 years after ZZ. Unicorn is 3 years after CCA. to Unicorn from MSG thats 17 years. lots of time past between each series compared to CE, Seed to Destiny just 2 years.

Quote:
Secondly, the universe is big enough that multiple events could develop at the same time. A show focuses on specific events, but that doesn't mean nothing else happened in the universe outside of those events. That's why you can also have side stories.
Then all Gundam series could have more because of something that may have happened on the side. CE isn't the only series that has this.

Quote:
Evil are always there in every universe.
yup if there's no evil whats the point of the show

Quote:
UC didn't start out big. Things have to start somewhere.
MSG was always big.

Quote:
What about Frozen Teardrop?
I'm going to assume you know what Gundam Wing is and How it ended. Frozen Teardrop piratically kills itself with the horrible plot and how everything hit the fan again to start a new conflict. If you don't know what Frozen Teardrop is look it up its kinda sad what happens to all the characters. my point was with the ending Destiny had how could you make a real sequel without doing something completely BS like Frozen Teardrop or pull a big Villain group out of your ass.

there aren't any groups in CE that could stand up to Kira Co. on equal grounds. they're dead or friends of Kira. so how can there be a evil group for a sequel without making up something that makes sense? they would A. have a large time jump 10 years at least B. pull something out of their ass, a Evil group that was always there just in the shadows till now. or some how Blue Cosmos rebuilds their army and fights again.

Quote:
The Earth Federation in CE is not as united as in UC. Both in SEED and in Destiny, we see tension amongst the Federation countries.
Earth Feds in UC more united than CE? ever heard of AEUG, Titans. Earth Feds we're pretty much buddy buddy through the whole show, in Seed only the AA didn't stand for it. there was no tension at all within the Earth forces, there was tension between ZAFT and Earth Feds but between earth feds themselves nope. Was there ever a time where Earth Feds hated Phantom Pain? no
Old 2013-06-14, 03:05   Link #7655
monster

Quote:
the time gap between MSG and Zeta is a Seven year time gap Zeta to Double Zeta is like a week afterwards. CCA is 6 years after ZZ. Unicorn is 3 years after CCA. to Unicorn from MSG thats 17 years. lots of time past between each series compared to CE, Seed to Destiny just 2 years.
So? Who says the next series has to be only two years after Destiny?

Beside, 1 week, 3 years, 6 years, and even 7 years are not that big a gap compared to 2 years. Like I said, the jump from Unicorn to F91 is the first large gap in time for UC.
Quote:
Then all Gundam series could have more because of something that may have happened on the side. CE isn't the only series that has this.
Indeed they can.
Quote:
yup if there's no evil whats the point of the show
Exactly, evil is not a shortage.
Quote:
MSG was always big.
MSG was cancelled in its original run.
Quote:
I'm going to assume you know what Gundam Wing is and How it ended. Frozen Teardrop piratically kills itself with the horrible plot and how everything hit the fan again to start a new conflict. If you don't know what Frozen Teardrop is look it up its kinda sad what happens to all the characters. my point was with the ending Destiny had how could you make a real sequel without doing something completely BS like Frozen Teardrop or pull a big Villain group out of your ass.
I still don't know what specifically about FT you're complaining about and I'm not interested enough in it to look it up myself.

And like I said, villains exist everywhere. Destiny did not end in a utopian scenario, just an end to a particular war.
Quote:
there aren't any groups in CE that could stand up to Kira Co. on equal grounds. they're dead or friends of Kira. so how can there be a evil group for a sequel without making up something that makes sense? they would A. have a large time jump 10 years at least B. pull something out of their ass, a Evil group that was always there just in the shadows till now. or some how Blue Cosmos rebuilds their army and fights again.
That first sentence is a nonsensical statement. For example, on an individual level, look at Shinn. He was just an ordinary citizen in SEED, and two years later, he nearly killed Kira. So you can't say that no one could stand up to Kira and co. on equal grounds.
Quote:
Earth Feds in UC more united than CE?
Yes, the Earth Federation in UC is led by a unified world government.

By contrast, the Earth Alliance in CE is comprised of multiple sovereign nations, such as the Atlantic Federation, the Eurasian Federation, the Republic of East Asia, etc., even the Orb Union in Destiny.
Old 2013-06-14, 03:18   Link #7656
Skye629

Quote:
-So? Who says the next series has to be only two years after Destiny?

-MSG was cancelled in its original run.

-I still don't know what specifically about FT you're complaining about and I'm not interested enough in it to look it up myself.

-Yes, the Earth Federation in UC is led by a unified world government. By contrast, the Earth Alliance in CE is comprised of multiple sovereign nations, such as the Atlantic Federation, the Eurasian Federation, the Republic of East Asia, etc., even the Orb Union in Destiny.
-I wouldn't mind a movie set some x amount of decades in the future, then we could just start off all (mostly) fresh

-Yes it was cancelled INITIALLY, it became big after Zeta made things popular

-Basically at the end of Endless Waltz we had the perfect ending with everyone going their own ways, and "the gundams were never seen again". FT took a dump on all of that

-And yet the CE AF holds themselves together better than the EF in UC, even despite their more split nationality. We have not seen any forms of infighting whatsoever due to the influence of LOGOS/BLUE COSMOS in the top brass holding things together. The only exception we saw was the AA, but thats a special side case due to the plot. In UC we had the Titans (even in here we saw splits, as with Paptimus Scirocco), defectors during Sentinel (forgot what they called themselves), various sub-factions within the EF throughout all of the series (such as the Vist Foundation in particular, who more or less forced their way in by hanging Laplace's Box over the EF)
Old 2013-06-14, 03:28   Link #7657
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
So? Who says the next series has to be only two years after Destiny?
yup, then whats your point then? we don't know when/if the sequel is taking place so all this part of discussion is pointless

Quote:
Beside, 1 week, 3 years, 6 years, and even 7 years are not that big a gap compared to 2 years. Like I said, the jump from Unicorn to F91 is the first large gap in time for UC.
you think 7 years isn't a big gap in time?

Quote:
And like I said, villains exist everywhere. Destiny did not end in a utopian scenario, just an end to a particular war.
Alright i'll bite, what villains are there left in the Seed/Destiny Universe? don't use Astray villains guys/groups. only groups that were only in the Anime of seed/destiny.

Quote:
That first sentence is a nonsensical statement. For example, on an individual level, look at Shinn. He was just an ordinary citizen in SEED, and two years later, he nearly killed Kira. So you can't say that no one could stand up to Kira and co. on equal grounds.
Yes i am saying that no one can stand up to Kira Co. the Shinn vs Kira fight is a terrible defense point. so you think the CE can have a group of people magically show up that have/be at the same skill as Kira, Athrun, Shinn, Luna, Yzak, Dearka, and all those other guys in AA/TSA and fight them on equal terms? after all with Destiny's ending everybody made nice nice, so Shinn would be working with Kira and Athrun. So some group can just waltz on up and fight that team and come out even....yeah
Old 2013-06-14, 03:42   Link #7658
Skye629

Quote:
Yes i am saying that no one can stand up to Kira Co. the Shinn vs Kira fight is a terrible defense point. so you think the CE can have a group of people magically show up that have/be at the same skill as Kira, Athrun, Shinn, Luna, Yzak, Dearka, and all those other guys in AA/TSA and fight them on equal terms? after all with Destiny's ending everybody made nice nice, so Shinn would be working with Kira and Athrun. So some group can just waltz on up and fight that team and come out even....yeah
Space Whales are OP, dont underestimate them when they invade our solar system
Old 2013-06-14, 03:49   Link #7659
The American Average
2LMES

Quote:
Space Whales are OP, dont underestimate them when they invade our solar system
Man you're right how did i forget about the space whales.

but seriously i wish that plot point was explored more, that could have turned into something really interesting.
Old 2013-06-14, 03:56   Link #7660
monster

Quote:
-I wouldn't mind a movie set some x amount of decades in the future, then we could just start off all (mostly) fresh
Decades would just be too long for my liking.

Actually, I would prefer it if they kept the same pace as our time. SEED and Destiny began two years apart just like 2002 and 2004 were two years apart. So if they had a sequel in, say, 2014, they should set it in C.E. 83, 10 years after the start of Destiny.
Quote:
-Yes it was cancelled INITIALLY, it became big after Zeta made things popular
It actually became big after the movie compilations, and then they made Zeta.
Quote:
-Basically at the end of Endless Waltz we had the perfect ending with everyone going their own ways, and "the gundams were never seen again". FT took a dump on all of that
Well, that won't be a problem for a Destiny sequel because none of the problems that incited the wars in SEED and Destiny were resolved by the end of Destiny. LOGOS leaders even said at their first meeting in the series that there would be someone to take their place in the world. And Kira and Durandal's conversation at the end reaffirmed that the status quo has not truly changed.
Quote:
-And yet the CE AF holds themselves together better than the EF in UC, even despite their more split nationality. We have not seen any forms of infighting whatsoever due to the influence of LOGOS/BLUE COSMOS in the top brass holding things together. The only exception we saw was the AA, but thats a special side case due to the plot.
Indeed, full credit goes to those organizations that held things together behind the scenes against a common enemy, the PLANTs.

But still, In SEED, you had the Atlantic Federation keeping development of the Gundam technology a secret from the rest of the Alliance members and the whole Alaska fiasco where most of the forces sacrificed were from the Eurasian Federation.

In Destiny, Phantom Pain was actually sent rampaging across parts of Eurasia, not just against ZAFT, but destroying whole cities. Later on, we had Alliance forces joining ZAFT in battling LOGOS-loyalists.
Quote:
In UC we had the Titans (even in here we saw splits, as with Paptimus Scirocco), defectors during Sentinel (forgot what they called themselves), various sub-factions within the EF throughout all of the series (such as the Vist Foundation in particular, who more or less forced their way in by hanging Laplace's Box over the EF)
None of that changes the fact that there is still one legitimate, although perhaps incompetent, Earth government in UC, at least, early on.

Last edited by monster; 2013-06-14 at 04:13.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep