AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-03-15, 08:29   Link #221
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

I've been using AFX+Lagarith for some time now, but recently, I decided to update to the latest Lagarith (v1.3.12) and my AFX doesn't anymore recognize the lagarith files. Is there something I can do for it?
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
raziel666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 08:56   Link #222
Devastator

The official website states that if you're using a 64-bit OS, you should still download the 32-bit version since some programs can't use the 64-bit version. I just downloaded the 32-bit version and it works completely fine.
Devastator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-15, 10:16   Link #223
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

I don't have a 64-bit OS or the 64-bit version. Any other idea?
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
Old 2007-03-15, 10:39   Link #224
Devastator

In all honesty, I have no idea. I've been playing around with the different settings (multithreading, null frames, a little with the colorspaces) and I've yet to be able to reproduce the problem. The only thing that I can suggest as a quick solution is the obvious, roll back to a previous version that worked. Only thing else I can think of is maybe you didn't uninstall the old version before you installed 1.3.12.
Old 2007-03-16, 03:06   Link #225
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

I have problems too with lagarith, not specifically with AAE though I can't encode with lagarith anymore on my desktop, well... i can, but the video gets those blue and green blocks. Playback is perfectly possible though. Maybe lagarith isnt that stable after all
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-16, 03:52   Link #226
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Not sure, But did you ConvertToYV12 while encoding with lagarith? Or if this is out of AAE...set colorspace to YV12?
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 06:10   Link #227
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I have a question about changing the frame rate

last video i had was encoded in avi at 23.98 fps

what exactly happens if i change the new compilation rate to 24 or 23 fps? how does AE clip the video? or does it just change the timing of each individual frame a tiny bit?
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 13:54   Link #228
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

You could have tried that yourself.. just take a look at what happens when you import 24fps footage into a 99fps compilation.. by default it will just insert extra duplicate frames..

You can also interpret footage blabla.. you can find it in the help file:
Spoiler:

So basically, it will always try to keep audio in sync with video by adding duplicate frames, unless you change the frameduration stuff yourself. Looks all very normal in AE.

There is also an option for frame blending stuff.. can come in handy with NTSC to PAL stuff (Never used it, never used the pulldown interpretation either). Again.. from the help:
Spoiler:

You won't see it in AE when pre-rendering (at least i didn't), but when rendering it to a video file you will see weird stuff when you enable pixel motion (that means it works), same goes for Frame-Mix I guess..
(you can also see how it looks by slowing the video down -that is in a comp that has the same framerate - and let timewarp do the pixel motion stuff. You can look that timewarp stuff up yourself if you want to)

Anyway.. Try searching in the help some more.. you can find a lot of information there..
Old 2007-03-31, 02:34   Link #229
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I have a raw video when i right click it under summaries it says
119 frames per second
161kbps

is this video really 119fps? and doesnt that make the file unneccesarily huge?
so when i re-encode it I should change the new composition FPS to 29.97? or enter 119?
Old 2007-03-31, 06:12   Link #230
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

AE can't do any more than 99 fps (would be nice if they changed that too in AE CS3, but i guess they've got better things to do than listen to our weird, in their eyes unreasonable, requests), so importing it won't make it 100% compatible..

If you read the vfr thread here at asuki, you would know that 119fps is actually a way to combine 23.976 and 29.97 footage. So the options of what you can do with it to make it vfr or a 'normal' framerate are already described in that thread, including how to use it in AE.

And about the filesize.. most of those frames are duplicates, so it won't be that huge.

Anyway.. i suggest you read that vfr thread.. it will answer a lot of your current and future questions about how to handle this kind of footage.
Old 2007-03-31, 10:12   Link #231
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Avisynth:
Code:
selectevery(5,0)
is all you really need unless you want to go real VFR. Which you probably don't, yet. See the VFR thread for why.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-31, 10:41   Link #232
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

I have a sign that contains kanji and cannot add a nice looking subtitle without erasing it. So I take a screenshot and work *only* with the sign at photoshop (meaning the rest of the background is erased).
I import it then at AFX, put it as a layer over the video and it looks perfect. The only problem is a fade-in effect it has. During this fade-in effect, the kanji are visible on AFX. Is there any way to fix this?
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
Old 2007-03-31, 10:52   Link #233
Devastator

If you are able to somehow replicate the background or at least a look-alike, you should be able to place it on top of the video during the duration of the sign. I normally try to avoid having to replace the kanji if at all possible unless the background can be easily duplicated.

If the sign you're trying to create fades into the scene though and the scene isn't moving, that should really be easy enough to figure out. Take a screen shot prior to the sign's appearance (or after, if it fades out), place the copy frame over the video and mask the copy so it only covers the kanji.

If you mean the video has a fade, then you could try looking into Brightness/Contrast, Levels, Hue/Saturation.
Old 2007-03-31, 15:45   Link #234
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel666 View Post
I have a sign that contains kanji and cannot add a nice looking subtitle without erasing it. So I take a screenshot and work *only* with the sign at photoshop (meaning the rest of the background is erased).
I import it then at AFX, put it as a layer over the video and it looks perfect. The only problem is a fade-in effect it has. During this fade-in effect, the kanji are visible on AFX. Is there any way to fix this?
The only way to deal with that properly is to do a double overlay. Let me explain:

If the sign you want to overlay is fading in, and the thing underneath is visible during the fade in, then the only way to really fix it is to ALSO overlay the scene before the fade in, and fade it out manually at the same time you fade the new surface in.

This ends up deleting the "mixed up" frames that occur during the fade and as long as you match the fade rate to the rest of the frame, it can look flawless done right.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 06:45   Link #235
raziel666
Cogito, Ergo Sum
*Fansubber

@Devastator: Unfortunately, there is movement underneath the sign, so I cannot follow your advice.
@Quarkboy: Can you explain what you suggest in some more detail? What I have is the video, in which a sign fades in and have used photoshop to recreate the sign that fades in. What exactly do you suggest? Sorry for insisting...
Ergo Proxy
The Agent Of Death
Old 2007-04-01, 06:49   Link #236
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

If your sign (in photoshop) has a background... than you can just let that background fadein first (--> the original sign disappears) and then let another layer with your (background+)text fade-in so you see the english text..

That's what i would do anyway.. and maybe it's what quarkboy means...
Old 2007-04-01, 09:11   Link #237
chaos4ever
Retired
*Fansubber

It sounds like Quarkboy is suggesting you to completely recreate the fade-in by taking the original previous scene as the background "overlay" and then fading in the next scene with your new sign overlay, but with the changed sign.

A bit overkill for for what should be a hobby, imo, but whatever floats your boat
chaos4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-01, 10:01   Link #238
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Ok so if i want to use a VFR raw in after effects i have to re-encode it with timestamps or the afx video will be out of sync with the original raw?

im not doing any karaoke just a few signs but i dont want the file to be out of sync with the audio once I am done.
Old 2007-04-01, 10:08   Link #239
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

What to do with vfr and signs has also been explained.. it's easier to just use the vfr raw for that and make keyframes at every frame (in the worst case). And ehmm.. i doubt the audio will be out of sync.. that has nothing to do with making signs with a vfr raw or cfr raw..
Old 2007-04-11, 14:04   Link #240
Zane

Hey there, I just started using after effects and when I try to upload an avi file I get a box:

After Effects
After Effects error: retrieving fram from video stream. (3)

(53::34)

However, the video still comes under project but sometimes loads with no video or a quarter of the actual video length.

Also, I was wondering, how do you load the script on it and is it compatible for .ass?

Thankyou
~Zane
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote