Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-08-09, 09:22   Link #221
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Not an actual correction, but just pointing something out.

I was under the impression that AnimeSuki doesn't list torrents of files with ripped CrunchyRoll subtitles, yet upon downloading an episode of Occult Academy from Yoi Releases, it was indeed a straight CR rip with an OP/ED translation from The Freelance Translators.
The topic is treated differently then licensing, hence why we have separate CR/L tags for threads. Like the case is now in this thread (given your post), the topic is always brought up in different threads and never actually discussed in the correct one, for which we have several, all of which seem to want to talk about the same thing:I don't recall any actual official post. There are several posts from staff members of course but it is hard to distinguish which is consensus and which is just personal opinion.
Old 2010-08-09, 12:00   Link #222
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
Not an actual correction, but just pointing something out.

I was under the impression that AnimeSuki doesn't list torrents of files with ripped CrunchyRoll subtitles, yet upon downloading an episode of Occult Academy from Yoi Releases, it was indeed a straight CR rip with an OP/ED translation from The Freelance Translators.
Thanks for the heads up. After checking out their website a little closer, your concern was proven.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 14:01   Link #223
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
The topic is treated differently then licensing, hence why we have separate CR/L tags for threads. Like the case is now in this thread (given your post), the topic is always brought up in different threads and never actually discussed in the correct one, for which we have several, all of which seem to want to talk about the same thing:I don't recall any actual official post. There are several posts from staff members of course but it is hard to distinguish which is consensus and which is just personal opinion.
I don't see how this case is unclear - our Listing policy clearly states:
Quote:
AnimeSuki will only list fansubs where some effort went into the translation. So-called fansubs whose subtitles were ripped or modified from a legally-translated source (such as DVD, no matter which region) will not be listed. Fansubs for shows where legal subtitles exist must be proven as real fansubs (not subtitle rips) before they will be added to the site.
If "Yoi" releases are indeed ripped from CR, then they should be removed from the site asap (which CrowKenobi already took care off). (Staff note: that means actual deletion of all existing entries to make sure the "AutoMatch" auto-adding script won't do stupid things and re-add everything).

The policy regarding streaming-only licenses is a bit of a gray one: if a company that is known to do DVD & Blu-ray releases licenses a series for streaming (initially), we assume they'll release it on DVD and/or Blu-ray eventually and thus won't list it. If the company that licenses the series for streaming is solely doing online streaming (and no DVD/Blu-ray) then we'll still list fansubs as long as they're real fansubs (fan-created subtitles), that is: no subrips from official sources.

In other words: if CR acquires a new series, we'll still list any real fansub that exist for such series (usually few/none though). If Section23/Sentai Filmworks or Funimation (or Viz etc) licenses a series (even if they initially only stream it any don't mention DVD/Blu-ray plans yet) we'll remove it.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 17:28   Link #224
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
I don't see how this case is unclear - our Listing policy clearly states:
Sorry my bad. I was only referring to streaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
The policy regarding streaming-only licenses is a bit of a gray one: if a company that is known to do DVD & Blu-ray releases licenses a series for streaming (initially), we assume they'll release it on DVD and/or Blu-ray eventually and thus won't list it. If the company that licenses the series for streaming is solely doing online streaming (and no DVD/Blu-ray) then we'll still list fansubs as long as they're real fansubs (fan-created subtitles), that is: no subrips from official sources.

In other words: if CR acquires a new series, we'll still list any real fansub that exist for such series (usually few/none though). If Section23/Sentai Filmworks or Funimation (or Viz etc) licenses a series (even if they initially only stream it any don't mention DVD/Blu-ray plans yet) we'll remove it.
Like I said...
Quote:
like the case is now in this thread (given your post), the topic is always brought up in different threads and never actually discussed in the correct one, for which we have several
Sticky? or just add it with the rest of the policy?

ps. you need to add Kairin to http://beta.animesuki.com/ !!
Old 2010-08-13, 10:07   Link #225
namaiki

Quote:
If you want something to be listed or changed as soon as possible, it may be best to post about it in this thread (with a link back to this forum in case of a torrent submission).
Sorry, just want to get especially Jewelpet Tinkle 18 listed before the pool of seeders dies away. :<

18: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=96467
19: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=96522
namaiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 10:29   Link #226
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Done.......
Old 2010-08-17, 23:02   Link #227
Malific

Fake Sub:

08-17 . 14:12 Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin 7 SubDESU 153.1 Mb.

SubDesu posted on their site it's a fake and Nyaatorrents has already pulled it down.
Malific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 05:19   Link #228
Area88

New torrent not identified by the website:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...73#post3206073
Area88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-23, 08:19   Link #229
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Added... and thanks!

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-08-29 at 12:42.
Old 2010-08-29, 13:20   Link #230
Zalis

http://www.animesuki.com/details.php/49825.html

Listed as Nagasarete Airantou 5-6 (Blu-Ray) when it should be Macross Frontier.

http://www.centralanime.net/bboard/v...php?f=21&t=307

Aside from that, Nagasarete Airantou doesn't have Blu-Ray, and the info page lists Macross Frontier for the folder name. File names are blank though.
Zalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 13:27   Link #231
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Thanks for the catch! I forget that sometimes the auto matcher pulls different names out of thin air!

*fixed!*
Old 2010-09-05, 01:18   Link #232
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
http://animesuki.com/details.php/49902.html

Wrong series.

It's actually this show: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6721/Dark_Side_Cat

And I have no clue why episode 2 is put as an alternate torrent...
Old 2010-09-05, 03:54   Link #233
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroku View Post
http://animesuki.com/details.php/49902.html

Wrong series.

It's actually this show: http://myanimelist.net/anime/6721/Dark_Side_Cat

And I have no clue why episode 2 is put as an alternate torrent...
Fixed. Though as far as I can tell DATS themselves is to blame for the wrong series association, as they named the filename wrong (or misleading at the least).
Old 2010-09-05, 08:17   Link #234
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
It's quite possible to have two series with the same name~
Old 2010-09-05, 13:07   Link #235
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
I believe copyright makes it so that doesn't happen.
Old 2010-09-05, 13:32   Link #236
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
That typically only happens with different "editions" of the same series (ie: Doraemon, Cyborg 009, GeGeGe no Kitarou, Glass Mask).

An exact match for Dark Cat simply returns this.
Old 2010-09-07, 10:43   Link #237
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

It appears that the listing for episode five of Mouryou no Hako from the apparently now-defunct AeroSubs group has dropped off the site. There is a complete version of this show with the Aero and Aoi subs merged at that "crazyBT" site. I couldn't drum up another listing for episode five on a site that AS can list, but I didn't look very hard.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 12:03   Link #238
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
It appears that the listing for episode five of Mouryou no Hako from the apparently now-defunct AeroSubs group has dropped off the site. There is a complete version of this show with the Aero and Aoi subs merged at that "crazyBT" site. I couldn't drum up another listing for episode five on a site that AS can list, but I didn't look very hard.
Episodes 5 and earlier were hosted on DaTorrents, which is now defunct.

And although we don't normally link to unofficial torrents especially those hosted on BakaBT, I've made an exception in this case as episode 5 is not available any other way.

The addition of the new link is a "stealth" one though; it won't show up in the "Recently Added" list.
Old 2010-09-07, 14:40   Link #239
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Thanks! I take it it's okay to mention BakaBT here, then? I've always been careful about mentioning that site given Forum Rule 1.1 that bans references to licensed anime.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 14:48   Link #240
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Thanks! I take it it's okay to mention BakaBT here, then? I've always been careful about mentioning that site given Forum Rule 1.1 that bans references to licensed anime.
I suppose in this context it is fine, especially as I merely mentioned the title of the site, not the address.