AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-05, 13:41   Link #661
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyonisGod View Post
All i'm saying is that he is the epicenter or ground zero of everything that is happening
Yes, of course. Kyon, not Haruhi, is the main character.
Old 2009-09-07, 06:31   Link #662
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post
Wait... Nagato kinda did play the part of the Villian in disappearance (volume 4)...
Nah, she played the role of "Inverted Volume 1 Haruhi" in Disappearance. There's a difference, you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
He's like Krillin, but without the ridiculous Ki powers... he's the most powerful ordinary human alive, given what he has control over.
Nice to see my "Kyon is Krillin" joke caught on, I guess.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-07, 08:48   Link #663
kniteowl

^Inverted??? Please explain....
Old 2009-09-07, 10:16   Link #664
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Both disliked the world as it was. Haruhi desired to make things stranger, while Nagato went with a "normal" world. Also, both of them dragged Kyon into their new world and were ultimately thwarted by his desire to return everything to the way it was as a result.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-09-09, 23:49   Link #665
User89254
Disabled By Request

Haven't checked if this is posted already but...

Tanigawa announced he's back on writing the tenth novel.

Just so you know. There WILL be a tenth novel after all.
Old 2009-09-09, 23:54   Link #666
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Perhaps you should have checked. Otherwise I wouldn't have to do this:

slowpoke.jpg

Old 2009-09-10, 00:05   Link #667
User89254
Disabled By Request

Wow, thanks. I'm short on time and I can't scan through dozens of pages and this is what I get?
Old 2009-09-10, 11:40   Link #668
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
Wow, thanks. I'm short on time and I can't scan through dozens of pages and this is what I get?
It's already been posted, which is why you're getting what you get. And more than a few of us aren't going to be putting any stock into any 10th novel rumors/announcements until the novel itself is out into the wild and translated into our language of choice by enterprising internet pirates.
Old 2009-09-20, 08:10   Link #669
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Heatth cast revive

So, reading the speculaton tread, an idea poped in my mind. What if Kyon, for any reason, 'betrayal' Haruhi (maybe in the beta scenario). Yuki would side him, but and Itsuki? Woud he do the same? He said he would in Snow Moutain. And what their bosses would do? And Mikuru?

Has anyone a guess?
Old 2009-09-20, 08:52   Link #670
TakariCritic

Betray Haruhi? There's some speculation that may be coming in at least one of the poltlines in volume ten. After all, Yuki's in danger, and Kuyoh may be holding her well-being hostage until Kyon cooperates with Kyouko. (I say Kyouko because many people seem to forget that Sasaki has no desire to recieve Haruhi's powers, nor does she feel any kinship towards the others)

I think Kyon would never feel legitimate malice towards Haruhi, but may betray her desires and the world she's made/creating in order to save someone else (Yuki).

Itsuki and Mikuru would disagree, and Itsuki would probably try to stop him in his own "talk your ears off" way, Mikuru would do nothing, because she's to passive.
Old 2009-09-20, 08:58   Link #671
Heatth

But Itsuki alrady stated h would bee by Kyon's side. Also, Kyon did asked him to be by Yuki's, and Itsuki even said he would, because it was where Kyon would be.

So, yeah, he would side Kyon, I believe, but probably trying to convince he to not. Also, if the 'betrayal' is gie her powers to Sasaki, I don't think why Itsuki, or the Organization, for that matter would complain. They don't believe it is possible, but, if it is, it would be good for them. Itsuki say all times he don't like having to deal with the Shinjis.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:24   Link #672
TakariCritic

I think perhaps you underestimate the Organizations view of Haruhi. There are many who hold her in reverence, and even refer to her as their God. (Koizumi himself refered to her as such: "No one knows what will happen to this world now that we have lost our Diety") I do not beleive ANYONE in Koizumi's Organization wants to see their goddess stripped of her power. Koizumi is always praising her actions and creativity, and I beleive the other members also hold her in a simular regard.

True, Koizumi claimed to side with Kyon, but only if the enemy was against the SOS Brigade. The Anti-SOS Brigade is agaisnt Haruhi herself, despite Fujiwara's animosty towards Mikuru and Kuyoh's assaults on Yuki.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:31   Link #673
Tornadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
I think perhaps you underestimate the Organizations view of Haruhi. There are many who hold her in reverence, and even refer to her as their God. (Koizumi himself refered to her as such: "No one knows what will happen to this world now that we have lost our Diety") I do not beleive ANYONE in Koizumi's Organization wants to see their goddess stripped of her power. Koizumi is always praising her actions and creativity, and I beleive the other members also hold her in a simular regard.

True, Koizumi claimed to side with Kyon, but only if the enemy was against the SOS Brigade. The Anti-SOS Brigade is agaisnt Haruhi herself, despite Fujiwara's animosty towards Mikuru and Kuyoh's assaults on Yuki.
^ This really.

There is no way Koizumi would sit idle while somthing happens to Haruhi (Hell that's if Kyon lets anything happen to Haruhi which i'm pretty damn sure he won't)
Old 2009-09-20, 09:39   Link #674
Heatth

Quote:

Maybe the organization. But Itsuki clearly would preffer if he hadn't to wake up at night to fight rnadom blue gigants. He complains about it a lot.

I don't think he would like to hurt. But I also don't think Kyon would hurt her, even to protect Yuki.

I am not sure what this betrayal' would be tough. Could you call transfering the powers to Sasaki a betrayal? Haruhi don't know she have it, so we don't know if she want to have it. Also, it is the only thing that prevents her to discover about aliens(and etc). If she was powerless, Yuki and Itsuki wouldn't bother hiding it from her. Maybe transfering her powers to Sasaki would be better to Haruhi.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:50   Link #675
TakariCritic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
If she was powerless, Yuki and Itsuki wouldn't bother hiding it from her. Maybe transfering her powers to Sasaki would be better to Haruhi.
You also neglect to think of the forces they represent.

With Haruhi's powers stripped, the DITE will no longer need to observe her, thus Yuki would no longer need to be there. Likewise, with no powers, the Organization has no need to pull any strings to keep her satisfied, so there's no more need for Koizumi to be there.

Without Haruhi's powers, three of her members might have to leave to handle/observe the new goddess. I think disassembling the SOS Brigade she's come to love so much qualifies as betrayal.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:51   Link #676
Tornadium

Quote:
Maybe the organization. But Itsuki clearly would preffer if he hadn't to wake up at night to fight rnadom blue gigants. He complains about it a lot.

I don't think he would like to hurt. But I also don't think Kyon would hurt her, even to protect Yuki.

I am not sure what this betrayal' would be tough. Could you call transfering the powers to Sasaki a betrayal? Haruhi don't know she have it, so we don't know if she want to have it. Also, it is the only thing that prevents her to discover about aliens(and etc). If she was powerless, Yuki and Itsuki wouldn't bother hiding it from her. Maybe transfering her powers to Sasaki would be better to Haruhi.
Well, That depends on your outlook.

Transfering those powers means Haruhi is defenceless along with Kyon. It would be a total betrayal to leave her like that.
Old 2009-09-20, 10:06   Link #677
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
Well, That depends on your outlook.

Transfering those powers means Haruhi is defenceless along with Kyon. It would be a total betrayal to leave her like that.
Defenceless to what? It is not like she would be at any danger if she don't have her powers;

Quote:
You also neglect to think of the forces they represent.

With Haruhi's powers stripped, the DITE will no longer need to observe her, thus Yuki would no longer need to be there. Likewise, with no powers, the Organization has no need to pull any strings to keep her satisfied, so there's no more need for Koizumi to be there.

Without Haruhi's powers, three of her members might have to leave to handle/observe the new goddess. I think disassembling the SOS Brigade she's come to love so much qualifies as betrayal.
Well, it is always usefull having someone with it eyes on Haruhi, just in case. So it is not probbly the SOSDan would be disassembled so fast (what if she regain her powers?).

For their bosses. Yuki seen to don't care to they anyway. She would help Kyon if he need. And for the IDSE, it don't matter if is Sasaki or Haruhi who has the power.

Itsuki seens to preffer Haruhi without powers. A godess not doing anything probably would sound good to him to. His Organization might object, however.

We don't have a clue about what the Future want. Theyare probably aganst Sasaki, since Fujiwara is on her side (and againd Mikuru'sTime Travelers)
Old 2009-09-20, 10:14   Link #678
freakonboard

I don't know where should I post this.
But here's a timeline that included original stories from manga, games, drama CD, etc. (which may not be canon)

http://asuna888-en.blogspot.com/2009...-timeline.html

November is sure a busy month.
Old 2009-09-20, 10:15   Link #679
Tornadium

Quote:
Defenceless to what? It is not like she would be at any danger if she don't have her powers;
I think you are underestimating the lengths some people can go to. They may kill Haruhi to make sure her powers never resurface ever again.
Old 2009-09-21, 08:15   Link #680
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornadium View Post
I think you are underestimating the lengths some people can go to. They may kill Haruhi to make sure her powers never resurface ever again.
Depends. If the powers are manifest somewhere other than Haruhi, that might make Haruhi a very low value target for such an 'attack', as the powers aren't with her. The person who then has the powers would be the one that everyone would be focusing on. It all depends on the perceived likelihood of the powers being transferred back as to whether anyone cares about a powerless Haruhi (beyond the SOS Brigade itself).