Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-11-07, 05:26   Link #21
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Interestingly, I thought the bait was "my sister is cute and I'm a pervert who wants incest." So after thinking that, any other direction would be considered a big improvement, which may explain why I like the show.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 11:52   Link #22
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Interestingly, I thought the bait was "my sister is cute and I'm a pervert who wants incest." So after thinking that, any other direction would be considered a big improvement, which may explain why I like the show.
Well, technically the bait was "whatever you thought the show was about before you got a few episodes in", so not everyone is going to have perceived the bait the same way. I seem to remember there was a reason I didn't think the show was actually going to be about incest, but I'm coming up blank as to what it was.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 15:00   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, apparently I was in the minority in thinking that it was simply about a brother who evolves to support his sister from thinking she's just annoying. Silly me

Otherwise, basically this word-for-word:
Quote:
I thought they were going to take the "my sister is an otaku" gag and run it into the ground, but instead they went a much more serious route. In this case, I found the switch much more interesting than the bait... I was pretty "meh" on the whole show until episode 3, but I've been liking it more every episode, especially since the introduction of Ayase. Still not quite enough to unseat Otome Youkai Zakuro as my season favourite though.
Old 2010-11-09, 03:48   Link #24
MkMiku

Only seen a few series so far :To Love Ru, MM!, Panty & Stocking. But I'm pleased with all 3 at the moment.
Old 2010-11-14, 00:35   Link #25
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Fortune Arterial
Episodes Watched: 5
Rating: 5/10 (C-)

I really have no idea what this show wishes to do. It keeps itself afloat with cute characters and a fairly decent male lead who reacts pretty realistically to the events around him. But even with half the series over, this story is still sitting around; I hope they don't rush it. Currently a mediocre show that aims to be mediocre and declining production values don't help. Not bad, but it's losing me fast.

Ore no Imouto
Episodes Watched: 6
Rating: 6.5/10 (B-)

It's the only show that has me watching and is far better than anticipated. It has some fairly good character interaction and pushes a few hot button issues in a surprisingly mature way despite the overuse of slapstick and random anime reference. For the most part the anime strives to remain balance and avoids simplifying matters, but time will tell if it just flirts with being something greater and ultimately remains as fluff, or try to stand out and be memorable. The potential is there, but it has yet to live up to it.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 14:41   Link #26
hinakatbklyn

To Aru Majutsu no Index (6 Episodes - might continue) Very entertaining, whether it's the action at one point, or the action, comedy and fanservice in another scenario. Enjoying the Mikoto moments even if she isn't in every scene. between 9 and 10 out of 10.
Interesting storyline for the Railgun OVA (kind of similar to the original railgun series) but with the right mix of slice of life, comedy and a few action moments, it still works for me. 10/10

Shinryaku ika musume (3 episodes - might continue) Unable to take over the world, so many misunderstandings, the pattern sounds similar but I still enjoy the series anyway (especially for the comedic moments). 8.5/10

Motto To Love Ru (5 episodes - will continue) I may have already read the chapters, having the chapters animated makes it much better. (With or without the steam or extra lights) 9/10

MM! (6 episodes - will continue) Not exactly sure of the main storyline (the methods used to help the main character) but still entertaining. The other characters also have their own personalities and their own issues which makes things both comedic and dramatic (add in cute for some of the characters). 9/10

Yosuga no Sora (1 episode - pending)
Old 2010-11-16, 18:20   Link #27
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

• Tegami Bachi Reverse
    Episodes watched: 5; currently watching
    Rating: 8/10 (Very good)
    Comments: An obviously biased score since I recently watched and adored the first season, I'm excited to see the developments of Gauche and Reverse. I was quite excited to see Roda's new form, and hope to see some growth in the character of Niche. The art is well done as usual. Plot started off immediately after the end of the first season.
  • Hakuouki 2
    Episodes watched: 1; will continue when all episodes are out
    Rating: Too early to seriously rate, but 6/10 (fair)
    Comments: Again, this show picks up pretty much right where the 1st season ended, a season that didn't really have much of an end. Though the plot doesn't center on the reverse harem, I still quite enjoy all the pretty men I look forward to seeing more interaction between Chizuru and the oni. I just hope there's more action and less talky talky like the 1st season.
  • Bakuman
    Episodes watched: 2; will continue when all episodes are out
    Rating: too early again, but 7/10 (good)
    Comments: I'm very intrigued with the premise of this anime: a pair of mangaka to be + a future VA love interest? Fun stuff. I find the art style just so-so.
  • Ore no Imouto
    Episodes watched: 6; currently watching
    Rating: 7/10
    Comments: I find this show fun, though am not in such awe of it as others seem to be. While I understand Kirino's plight and disability to merge or balance her two sides, it also very much irritates me. While I originally liked her friend Ayase, I now find her hypocritical and plain annoying. I hope to see some growth again on both their characters. What's holding my interest so far is Kyousuke, Kuro-neko, and Saori.
  • Yumeiro Patissiere Professional
    Rating: 8/10
    Comments: Hell yeah! I simply loved the 1st season--I love any show focusing on either music, art, or food. Seeing Ichigo as a high schooler is pretty cool; the characters are all leggy now, and with various degrees of either shorter or longer hair. I definitely can't wait to see more competitions and am crossing my fingers for the success of Group A's shop.
  • Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
    Rating: 6/10 (average)
    Comments: Though this is the lowest score I've given here so far, that will by no means stop me from enjoying and continuing this season. It's a pretty simple approach, so far, to the whole paranormal/solving/putting to rest story, but I find paranormal shows intriguing in their presentation and approach.
  • Shinryaku! Ika Musume
    Episodes watched: 6; currently watching
    Rating: 9/10 (excellent)
    Comments: Like many others, I was pleasantly surprised by the wonderfulness of this show, as simple and ridiculous as it is. Ika musume's complete ineffectiveness as an invader is hilarous due to her seriousness. I'm also enjoying the episodes within episodes, the short segments. It doesn't feel like they've overlapped any of them so far, but instead present a new way to laugh for each segment.
  • Otome Yokai Zakuro
    Episodes watched: 1; on-hold until all episodes are out
    Rating: tentative 7/10; will re-rate when I watch series
    Comments: I quite like the shoujo aspects of this show, and again I have another story type that strikes my fancy: the twist on ayakashi. The drawing style is soft, smooth, and very very pretty
  • The World God Only Knows
    Episodes watched: 3; on-hold until all episodes are out
    Rating: 7/10; will re-rate
    Comments: Like Shinryaku!, I was very surprised after watching the first episode. I originally planned on ignoring this show since the description gave me the impression of some stupid harem that cycles each girl past our male main character. This notion turned out to be correct, but it was their approach that surprised and interested me. I'm glad I took note of the various comments by other posters on this forum praising and describing this show.
  • Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
    Episodes watched: 1; on-hold, will try and consider continuing
    Rating: 6/10
    Comments: yeah...I'm not sure about this one. Again a show I didn't plan to watch, I picked it up after reading some comments about it. Despite their praises, I didn't find the first episode very intriguing, but I'll give it a chance to grow on me.
  • To aru majutsu no Index 2
    Episodes watched: 1; on-hold, will finish
    Rating: 7/10; too early to seriously rate
    Comments: I actually prefer the parallel Railgun show to Index, but I hope this second season will be more unified and less scattered than the 1st season. I like the individual characters, but the little plot arcs annoyed me, especially since the 1st season wasn't so long for me to find it effective.
  • Katanagatari OVA (continuation)
    Episodes watched: 10
    Rating: 9/10
    Comments: Still loving on this show. Sweet art, quirky music, sympathetic characters, all win.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, fall, opinion, rating, review