AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-03-21, 13:38   Link #1581
LG-MAX 2.o

A new “Goblin Slayer” episode, titled Goblin’s Crown, will be screened in Japanese theaters.

LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 17:04   Link #1582
Questman

^
Interesting. I hope with it beeing a movie, they can fledge it out with more details than in the anime.
Exspecially the second half suffered a lot under the time constraints.
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 17:09   Link #1583
LG-MAX 2.o

Personally I found the first part of the season with a constant quality, I mean they only maintained the quality, but in the second part, although there was fluctuation, there were also the best scenes, such as the fight between adventurers and the Goblins Champions in the last episode .
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-22, 16:50   Link #1584
Questman

I think leaving out the beholder battle was a huge loss, among other details like HEA messing with the water town adventurerers.

The highlights were there, but overall it was an up and down because the time constraints force the episodes to be too short. They don't work that well without a similar build up like the novels or manga.

I dare to say if I did not read the novel, more often than not I would have no idea what is happening or why it is happening in the anime. That is a serious flaw.
Old 2019-03-23, 08:57   Link #1585
Silvertail

I wonder if "Goblin Crown" is going to be based off of Volume 5 since that was the title of chapter 6 from that volume. Plus, the party are clearly at a snowy mountain, where that volume took place.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-23, 17:22   Link #1586
mastermind3342
LONER TACTICIAN

Hero girl being steel adventure?
Did he getting tired being heroine or is she already retired?
mastermind3342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-31, 07:43   Link #1587
Top Sergeant

Looking forward to that movie, and the next English translated novel (Volume 7) although I don't know its release date.
Old 2019-03-31, 15:12   Link #1588
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
Looking forward to that movie, and the next English translated novel (Volume 7) although I don't know its release date.

The release date for volume 7 is May 21st this year, so in less than 2 months.
You can preorder it already.
Old 2019-04-02, 20:42   Link #1589
Questman

^
And speaking of preordering, Volume 8 can be preordered now on amazon. Now you can reserve a copy for yourself.

Volume 8 comes out in September 24th.
Old 2019-04-08, 16:49   Link #1590
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questman View Post
The release date for volume 7 is May 21st this year, so in less than 2 months.
You can preorder it already.
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 2019-04-19, 11:13   Link #1591
bakato

New chapter of Year One. Definitely MTG.
Old 2019-04-20, 11:56   Link #1592
Questman

It looks like there was an autograph session in Switzerland with the author Kagyu Kumo and the artist Kurose Kousuke. One visitor posted his experience on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GoblinSlaye..._author_kagyu/

His story is nice to read and even better, while there the artist did some request drawing, the fokus is High Elf Archer and our visitor was brave enough to ask the artist if he could draw a romantic scene with HEA and GS.

And I have to say, best girl or not, the drawing is awesome and not a cheap kiss scene or something, the artist really hit their characteristics spot on.

In short, you should check out this reddit entry and, more importantly, the art requests.
Old 2019-04-20, 14:00   Link #1593
Tenzen12

Kiss scene or something like that would be lame, but it wouldn't hurt if that picture had more mood given it was supposed be romantic scene. Because let's be honest, HEA has best blushes (well maybe except Lizard Priest, but I truly hope SP x GS will never be thing).

And Fate-San is thing of culture as well.
Old 2019-04-20, 16:43   Link #1594
Questman

Not sure about this, I mean they could sit on a bench and eat ice cream or do the lap pillow thing GS and Cow Girl did, but does it really fit?

It would certainly fulfill the fanboy desire, but it does not fit the characters. GS is not romantic and HEA is too stubborn/ too much of a tomboy to be romantic. A lot of possible depictions would feel out of place like them kissing each other, because they don't act that way.

The artist interpretation is therefore great, because it can happen like this in the main story. GS saves HEA without thinking about it and HEA is split between flustered and charmed. Flustered because she has to be saved and carried like that by GS, which as a tomboy annoys her when treated like a princess, exspecially when Orcbolg (!) is doing it. And charmed because she is a woman who, deep in her heart, likes it beeing carried and protected that way, exspecially when Orcbolg (!) is doing it. ^^

So it fits their personalities, more so HEA beeing angry and happy at the same time and how she expresses it. And bonus points for the dwarf beeing in the background and grinning at her, that detail alone makes that picture more awesome and alive.
Old 2019-04-20, 17:53   Link #1595
Tenzen12

What about them simply going on adventure, Orgbolg carrying HEA after she got wasted, or making her slightly less annoyed and slightly more charmed, but I digress, this is fine too.
Old 2019-04-21, 11:30   Link #1596
Questman

That is actually a good depiction, too.

Which depiction is better would be a matter of preferences from this point on. Your idea and the artist's idea both work, the question is if you prefer HEA beeing stubborn or not.
It is not unimportant, since HEA beeing singleminded and stubborn is part of her charm, so the artist wantet to incorporate it.
The thing with wasted is, she would be kind of unresponsive. We already had a scene where GS carried a drunk HEA into her room and she was kind of knocked out. The scene works better when she is aware and responsive.

And I think she looks charmed enough, her expression is just lovely.

Oh, and keep in mind the artist kind of rushed the drawing so people don't have to wait for hours during the event, so of course the faces are a little unpolished. HEA would look better (more refined) if the artist did it at home, where he has more time to work on the details. Her expression is superangry, but the drawing had to be rushed, so thats why.

Personally, I like that, since it exaggerates it in a humurous way and stubborn HEA is just lovely.
(am I a confirmed fanboy? )
Old 2019-05-07, 15:48   Link #1597
Questman

Heads up everybody, Goblin Slayer Volume 9 has been confirmed to be released on January 21st 2020.

Yen Press statet it.

It is a matter of time until it can be preordered.
Old 2019-05-13, 19:51   Link #1598
Razielgx

On this page is the summary of volume 10 of goblin slayer, if someone did the favor of translating it, since it is in Japanese.

LinK: https://dokusyo-netabare-kansouki.com/goblinslayer-10/
Razielgx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-25, 15:47   Link #1599
bakato

Can anyone direct me to the post theorizing that HEA caught the crown in the wedding?
Old 2019-05-25, 19:39   Link #1600
tuckersister

Did the Heroine ever cross paths with Goblin Slayer?
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
d&d, fantasy, harem?