AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-02, 23:15   Link #201
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Although it was interesting to see Bear's creator and learn something about their past in episode 22, I felt that GA is spending a bit too much time on one-shot side stories. They do help Mikan realize some important things about Natsume, but it doesn't really progress things. And since next episode appears to be something similar, it looks like the ending might get rushed a bit. Still, I like this cute little series, and thanks again to ADTRW for working on its welldeserved completion.
Actually, the next episode is the first episode of the final arc. And I would also like to thank ADTRW. I was beginning to think that it would never be completed.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-03, 16:05   Link #202
Maritime
Oceanic

After watching episodes one and two on Sunday I took Monday off work to watch episodes three to twenty-two in one go, the pacing of this show is superb, easily one of the best I've seen in a long time. I'll be damned if Iinchou isn't the most feminine male character I've ever seen in this sort of show, I know it's not uncommon for male characters to have female voices but everything about him screams femininity, if you take a good look you'll see that he even has girl-style eyelashes.
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-04, 05:03   Link #203
Saber Cherry
Marionette

This is so good... I watched episodes 5-10 tonight and my eyes are sore from the tears; I have not cried so much in perhaps a year. I was expecting a lot (based on the staff, and episode 1) and so far it has delivered even more. I'm just trying to pace myself so I don't forget who the characters were by the time the final episode is released

*chuu* to Naisho and ADTRW!

P.S. Also, it's interesting how Hotaru is unrecognizable as Shana or Louise. I have to keep reminding myself they're the same person...
Saber Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 09:00   Link #204
Boris Moskovitz
(-.-)

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
^^^Why would you cry? It's one of the more heart-warming series out there. :O
Boris Moskovitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 11:50   Link #205
Light.

I was never able to watch past episode 17... does anyone have any suggestions of where I could watch them?
Light. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-07, 09:55   Link #206
Trax
Rock beats scissors

They're right there on AS's torrent list for Gakuen Alice... http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/524.html
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 22:50   Link #207
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Thumbs up

Well I finally got around to checking out the first few episodes and I was so enchanted by them I wound up running through the entire 22 that are subbed.

Frankly I really wish the show was longer...4 more episodes just doesnt feel like enough. The cast of characters is so large, diverse, and mostly importantly interesting that I feel like they could easily squeeze out another 12 episode season at the least and it wouldnt lose any of the charm or pacing of what ive seen so far...

*goes off to hunt down the manga*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:11   Link #208
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

question: I read some comment on youtube about natsume laughing in episode 20 but I have no recollection of that whatsoever could someone tell me around what minute or so he does.
Old 2007-05-01, 19:01   Link #209
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
the 23rd subbed is now out....

I really really like this light comedic anime
Old 2007-05-11, 02:51   Link #210
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
Wow, this has *actually* nearly been completely subbed. A hundred thanks to Studio ADTRW for not forgetting about it. IMO, Gakuen Alice was a real gem and one of the few anime series to make me laugh, but I would have expected it to be completely forgotten as I don't think it was popular in the first place.

I may have to start from the beginning, because I forgot what's happened.
Old 2007-05-19, 06:29   Link #211
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Last 2 episodes are out! The going is slow at the moment, so will be a while before I can actually comment on them but thanks for finishing this series to Studio ADTRW!
Old 2007-05-19, 10:43   Link #212
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Thank you Studio ADTRW...

Such a nice finish. Hooooottttttttaaaaaaaaaarrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuu hee hee, loved the way it finished as it started, not really a spoiler there, you'll have to guess what I mean or watch it

I remember how GA saved my life when I woke up really sick and hung over. I had dl'd 13 episodes of it the night before thinking that it is whole series and I was so gutted that it wasn't the end, but it gave me a reason to push past the hang over. What a wunniful journey it has been.

*Edit*
I've been hunting all over the interweb, but I can't find anywhere that lists all of Hotaru's inventions. Does anyone know of one? I am tempted to go through all the episodes and cut out all of those scenes

Hotaru is such a great character, I love the way she kicks everyone's arses in such a inexpressive way, she is just too cool.

Spoiler for for Hotaru's' thoughts in epi 26:

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-05-20 at 10:26. Reason: Must have more Hotaru....
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 07:14   Link #213
Trax
Rock beats scissors

It was a nice ending, although some things weren't wrapped up as I would have liked to, and kinda expected considering the number of episodes left to do it in.

Spoiler:

I might have to rewatch the show to get a better feel for the whole thing, because of the huge gaps in subbing. But it's finally done!
Old 2007-05-29, 19:42   Link #214
SinsI

Wow!
For something that makes a joke every five seconds this thing is surprisingly dark and gloomy. I don't understand who the audience is supposed to be - despite a "kid's show" appearance the story is really deep and dark, its definitely not for children.
Big thanks to ADTRW and Naisho for subbing it.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-29, 21:07   Link #215
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I started downloading this show for my little sister (who is eleven years old), but what do you know, I enjoyed it, myself!

I really can't find much to complain about it. Being a kid's show gives it a little extra leeway in terms of "suspension of disbelief", but it never took things too far.

I actually hated to see it end so early in the story! I do think that if it had kept up as it was, it would have gotten old soon after, but to manage 26 episodes without me wanting to strangle Mikan for whining means that some real talent went into this.

I love seeing that, while it's told from a child's perspective, the world they live in isn't childish (a tad whimsical, but who cares?). The story would have been believable and compelling even if it had been told from an adult's perspective.

Kudos to the production team and the subbers. I think this show is underappreciated.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-30, 02:18   Link #216
SinsI

If it had been told from an adult's perspective it would have been a Gunslinger Girl.
Spoiler for gruesome details:

I hope your sister just doesn't understand how cruel that world is.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 19:27   Link #217
Taffychan

Hi, I know this topic is old and all...but I'm up too episode 17 (I have seen this episode) but when I got number 18 it was RAW =o. I figured since none of the rest say Naisho all the rest are unsubbed as well? Or is there some way to turn the subs or or what? If someone could help and anwser, becuase this series is getting REALLY awesome. I'd like to know what they're saying~
Taffychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 21:07   Link #218
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffychan View Post
Hi, I know this topic is old and all...but I'm up too episode 17 (I have seen this episode) but when I got number 18 it was RAW =o. I figured since none of the rest say Naisho all the rest are unsubbed as well? Or is there some way to turn the subs or or what? If someone could help and anwser, becuase this series is getting REALLY awesome. I'd like to know what they're saying~
The rest of the episodes were subbed by "ADTRW" but I have no idea where to get them now.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 02:38   Link #219
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'll rescue both of you by telling you about a great site called AnimeSuki. Yeah, we're a torrent listing site, not just a forum.

Gakuen Alice episodes 1-26 on AnimeSuki!

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-13, 22:23   Link #220
Taffychan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I'll rescue both of you by telling you about a great site called AnimeSuki. Yeah, we're a torrent listing site, not just a forum.

Gakuen Alice episodes 1-26 on AnimeSuki!
Uh yeah, thats what I was saying. I downloaded episode 18 FROM animesuki and it wasn't subbed. It was done by ADTRW, and was not subbed, and the rest after this one are done by ADTRW. So what I'm asking is, are they all unsubbed after this...
Taffychan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
child abuse, comedy, fantasy, shojo