AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-11, 17:30   Link #81
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Funny, the first thought that crossed my mind when seeing those scenes was "Paris doesn't look like that". It's gray, not brown. Also, where's all the traffic?

Also, the French. It's quite good, but the way the place the stresses threw me off. I couldn't even catch everything.
Gah, can you imagine the hellish time the in-betweeners would have if they tried to to animate traffic?

As for "Paris doesn't look that", I've long noticed how local people often overlook the prettier aspects of their own country and city. The first, and possibly the last, time Singapore was used as a setting in anime was in Cowboy Bepop, and I remembered thinking, "Heh, I wished downtown Singapore looked like that." Granted, it was a post-apocalyptic setting, but it's funny to see how foreigners imagine and remember my country.

So, it'll be interesting when it comes to my turn to evaluate the good ol' US of A first hand. Ittekimasu~ I'll be back in three weeks.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 17:34   Link #82
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep
I tried watching the live-action nodame as well, but it just wasn't as good as the anime. And I really couldn't watch it with all the over acting...
Also in the anime we have Ayako Kawasumi's and Tomokazu Seki's lovely voices!
IMHO, Nodame's Live Action was just over the top, from it's acting to its special effects. It's like being jerked in many random directions at once, something (though done in a different way) that ruined EF for me. For me, at the very least, the anime is pretty smooth in that they only give you one type of visual, and the only over the top acting are the ones that are supposed to be over the top *cough*stresseman*cough*

Plus, I have always thought Ayako and Tomokazu has great chemistry with each other's voice acting, but then again I'm probably the biggest fan of their time together in Kanon.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 17:48   Link #83
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Gah, can you imagine the hellish time the in-betweeners would have if they tried to to animate traffic?
Then don't animate it. Lots of cars at a standstill is more realistic than a big empty street.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 18:50   Link #84
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Japanese always make European cities prettified. Lets not get me started on how bad was the British settings with Chocolate Underground.

They really could have done some traffic in the animation, but it's not the worst European settings I ever seen. (Mamarlade Boy New York anyone?)
Old 2008-10-11, 19:00   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm going to praise them quite a bit of the Paris setting. Just because there was no traffic doesn't mean i'm going to look down on their job.

It makes me laugh that whenever i see those types of stairs that we see in the apartment, it's always France related.
Old 2008-10-11, 19:07   Link #86
zidanej

Anyone know the title and artist of the OP and ED? Loved the ED and the OP was good but not quite up there with first seasons.
zidanej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 19:14   Link #87
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
OMG, I love it... Nodame is back, Chiaki is back.
I love Chiaki yelling to Tanya... i mean, the manga is great but those hysterical yells are priceless.
And Nodame saying to chiaki that he was like a scared puppy in the airplane... priceless to. hhehehe
Old 2008-10-11, 20:12   Link #88
Theowne
耳をすませば

Wow. I had forgotten how much I loved these characters. And this is the first "new" anime I've seen in a while, so the animation blew me away, even though it's probably average by everyone else's standards. The best part of the episode was definitely the split second shot of Chiaki on the plane being consoled by Nodame.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 22:28   Link #89
lateraldeath

the shirt Frank had on was Awesome!
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 22:30   Link #90
Hikari no Clover

although i've seen the drama version of Nodame Cantabile (paris)
but i still found it is more interesting than my expectation^^
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 22:32   Link #91
Hikari no Clover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
the shirt Frank had on was Awesome!
shakugan no shana
awesome
Hikari no Clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 22:54   Link #92
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Fuji TV always seems a bit risk-averse with its Noitamina line (lots of diversity, but rarely a significant investment in any one show. H&CII saw a significant drop in popularity from the first season, so I guess they don't want to risk too much on Nodame 2 in case the same thing happens). However, if Nodame remains really popular, I hope they greenlight a 3rd season.
Wow I really hope so too...

Can someone tell me if the manga is over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
IMHO, Nodame's Live Action was just over the top, from it's acting to its special effects. It's like being jerked in many random directions at once, something (though done in a different way) that ruined EF for me. For me, at the very least, the anime is pretty smooth in that they only give you one type of visual, and the only over the top acting are the ones that are supposed to be over the top *cough*stresseman*cough*

Plus, I have always thought Ayako and Tomokazu has great chemistry with each other's voice acting, but then again I'm probably the biggest fan of their time together in Kanon.
The main difference for me was that we could watch them play in the concert scenes. But Pari-Hen has animated them, so I'm really happy about that!

I agree with you They were in Fate/Stay night as well, right? I haven't been able to see that one yet.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 01:58   Link #93
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Nodame is back, and it's brilliant. The new French characters are interesting and are sure to provide plenty of laughs in the future. Nodame in the French restaurant was ROFL, as was the Shana cameo. The only qualm I have is that Nodame probably said GYABO a bit too much in this episode. I hope it isn't spammed too much.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 02:30   Link #94
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

I was excited to see this thread, I knew a second season was coming, but this reminded me of it ^_^ Can't wait to watch the first episode~

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 03:44   Link #95
Eric10301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Wow I really hope so too...

Can someone tell me if the manga is over?
It's still going but the author took time off to give birth to her child.
Eric10301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 08:30   Link #96
Dop
Mmmm....

Only 11 episodes? Gyabo!!

They definitely seem to have stepped the animation where in the first season we only saw a still from a distance, they'd animated the orchestra in the long shots. Much better.

Note: Do not read out random phrases from a phrasebook in public. This will only lead to unpleasant misunderstandings...!
That was hilarious.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 08:33   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Note: Do not read out random phrases from a phrasebook in public. This will only lead to unpleasant misunderstandings...!
That was hilarious.
What made that scene so funny for me was how casual Nodame was saying the line. Priceless.
Old 2008-10-12, 10:04   Link #98
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Wow. First ep and already about 5 major misunderstandings. Off to a thrifty start by Nodame Cantabile standards. More funny misunderstandings please.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 11:40   Link #99
DjJuvan

The first episode is awesome, misunderstandings are taking whole new level and i think this is even more funny series than the first one.
DjJuvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 15:05   Link #100
EfrainMan
Scourge of the Seven Seas

Gawd how I missed this series I loved Chiaki taking Tanya to task without the slightest hesitation. Only perfection will be accommodated by his fickle ears. But what really had me lol'ing surprisingly was Nodame hitting that one piano note and it coming out all out of tune, and her groaning in the same note I dunno why but it was funny as hell. I guess I was just expecting something all emotional or something and then getting "bong!"
EfrainMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina