AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

View Poll Results: Penguin Drum - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 24 36.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 43.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 15.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-15, 04:53   Link #61
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Every single episode I just keep saying it can't get any more bizarre than this and every single episode I'm proven wrong...
Old 2011-10-15, 05:07   Link #62
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Also the way that Masako keeps trying to keep Kanba from getting involve with those men in black is interesting, it sounds like this is somehow hurting Mario but I can't figure out how, is there not enough medicine and she wants it to go to Mario, not Himari? She seems to trust Sanetoshi so I don't think that's it but I'm curious just what she meant there.
Sanetoshi states that other kids than Himari need the medicine, hence the price is rising. By stopping Kanba's transaction, she wants to make sure he doesn't have the money to pay for the elixir. Which is perfect for her : more elixir for Mario ; Himari's death would hopefully free Kanba from his obsession and make him available for her (or so she hopes) ; Kanba would stop his shady work for the Kiga group (she tries to protect him).
She has at least 3 good reasons to stop Kanba from dealing with those men, but even if she does her maximum, I doubt she manages to save him. That guy is literally ready to die for Himari .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Seriously, after several long years, the spiritual successor to a certain (in)famous yuri couple has been found!
Except Yuri isn't in love with Ringo, but her dead sister. She is merely using her (in the worst way possible at that) as a substitute.
Someone gives me some YuMoka!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Besides NanoFate and NodoSaki > all anyways.
(m__)m
Old 2011-10-15, 08:10   Link #63
Ichiban Hayai

If Yuri is really a he... then Tabuki is surely liberal in sex to be married to a woman with a cuccumber between her legs O_O

I liked the Sho-Ringo part. It was preety clishe way to push on their relationship, but I still liked it.
Overal it was a good episode with several unexpected twists.
Old 2011-10-15, 08:22   Link #64
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

You know who I really feel for? The doujinshi artists who must have realized by now that their services will not be required for this show.

I didn't notice until now, but Sanatoshi's oompa loompas have ribbons that mimic rabbit ears in shape.

Himari's falling out with Double H still hasn't been fully explored, but I imagine that her family's reputation could have something to do with it. If that's the case, I can see why she'd be conflicted about whether or not to make contact with them again.
Old 2011-10-15, 08:36   Link #65
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Except Yuri isn't in love with Ringo, but her dead sister. She is merely using her (in the worst way possible at that) as a substitute.
Well, what if Ringo really is Momoka reincarnated? I wouldn't put anything past this anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiban Hayai View Post
If Yuri is really a he... then Tabuki is surely liberal in sex to be married to a woman with a cuccumber between her legs O_O
They might not be having sex.

As Yuri herself suggested, the marriage might just be for show.

In my mind, I can picture Yuri, Momoka, and Tabuki as childhood friends. Yuri feels very badly and self-conscious about being a hermaphrodite, and so Momoka and Tabuki try to help her out with it. Momoka says that Yuri is "beautiful" in part so that Yuri will feel better about herself, and Momoka and Tabuki both help Yuri to hide the fact that she's a hermaphrodite.

Tabuki marries Yuri in order to help Yuri continue to hide her secret. The Paparazzi and similar groups may find it very odd for a popular star like Yuri to have no spouse, no lovers, no boyfriends/girlfriends, and few tales of sexual encounters surrounding her. That might prompt them to dig into what could explain this, and then Yuri's secret could be compromised...

Tabuki being married to Yuri prevents this from becoming an issue.

Yeah, after thinking about it, Yuri being a hermaphrodite really would perfectly fit all the clues/hints given out in Episode 14.
Old 2011-10-15, 09:33   Link #66
EroKing

Quote:
Tabuki marries Yuri in order to help Yuri continue to hide her secret.
I had the exact thought too. There doesn't seem to be any kind of real love between Tabuki and Yuri. Momoka on the other hand was a real player to have so many people falling for her >_>
Old 2011-10-15, 09:42   Link #67
VictorVV

Do we know who Momoka's diary talk about (Yuri or Tabuki) ?
Old 2011-10-15, 09:57   Link #68
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Momoka on the other hand was a real player to have so many people falling for her >_>

As an elementary student no less

But I think Tabuki's love for Yuri seemed genuine. At least I never doubted it. But now I question does he know about Yuri? If he doesn't know that might mean it is a marriage of convenience after all.
Old 2011-10-15, 09:57   Link #69
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Momoka on the other hand was a real player to have so many people falling for her >_>
The more I think about it, the more I'm amazed at what Momoka must have been like as a grade school girl. She must have been one of the most mature grade school girls of all-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
But I think Tabuki's love for Yuri seemed genuine. At least I never doubted it. But now I question does he know about Yuri? If he doesn't know that might mean it is a marriage of convenience after all.
I think he sincerely cares about her, and loves her in some sense at least.

But here's the thing - If Tabuki and Yuri were happy lovers having sex, why would Yuri seem so discontent and sexually frustrated in this episode?

My sense is that Tabuki's position might be this:

"I care about you, Yuri, but I'm just not interested in you that way, because of you-know-what. However, to help you out, I'm willing to marry you so that you can maintain your secret."

If this is the case, this is actually quite a personal sacrifice on Tabuki's part.
Old 2011-10-15, 10:20   Link #70
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
The more I think about it, the more I'm amazed at what Momoka must have been like as a grade school girl. She must have been one of the most mature grade school girls of all-time.
Taking into account she entered the Library after her death, it makes sense she wasn't an ordinary girl from start. If she is the one who received the apple in the ChildBoiler (before she was born), it may have granted her some special powers. So far I see two : charm people and predict the future (hence she was able to write her own mirai nikki).

Quote:
If this is the case, this is actually quite a personal sacrifice on Tabuki's part.
See how after their engagement he trade his miserable apartment for a sumptuous loft? He could also be in it for the money since I'm sure Yuri doesn't mind if he sees other women aside of her. This marriage is only a cover for her, she says it herself.
Old 2011-10-15, 10:25   Link #71
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

I think this show is on drugs. . . in a good way I guess.
Old 2011-10-15, 11:41   Link #72
gsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Becoming Momoka is bad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
All i can say is (◕‿‿◕)

Quote:
I give to you... YuRingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Every single episode I just keep saying it can't get any more bizarre than this and every single episode I'm proven wrong...
We're only half-way through...

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I'm simultaneously deeply disturbed and laughing my ass off?
Old 2011-10-15, 12:22   Link #73
Jarmel

Words cannot express my reaction.
Old 2011-10-15, 13:50   Link #74
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
This is getting pretty hot. I know it won't happen, but I'd love for Ringo to not be saved, would make things a lot more interesting.
Old 2011-10-15, 14:07   Link #75
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soconfused View Post
This is getting pretty hot. I know it won't happen, but I'd love for Ringo to not be saved, would make things a lot more interesting.
I wouldn't be too surprised if she isn't saved and wakes up the next morning having no idea what happened.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2011-10-15, 14:32   Link #76
Nosauz

PengiunDrum shoudl be renamed ringaroundtheNTR, because holy mother loving god, everybody is trying to rape everybody, not saying I didn't enjoy the hell out of 14, I just mean wow, but then again there was Utena and Stardriver before this so I shouldn't be too shocked.

Amazing that the best animation in the episode was Ringo's drink being spilled, I do have to say that my anticipation for next episode is at max, and I assume Momoka's diary predicted this event (shouma/ringo's) falling out.
Old 2011-10-15, 16:03   Link #77
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I'm actually calling it Mawawaru Penguinrape atm... >_>

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-10-15, 16:08   Link #78
Kirarakim

I'll say it again...please let Ringo be saved! It happened on a cliffhanger so I feel pretty confident she will be but I will still be worried until next week. And rape is never hot.

But anyways I think Ringo would notice since Yuri implies not just that she is trying to rape Ringo but that she wants to physically deform her. I am assuming from this line:

"So I want to mess you up, I'll give you a body that can't survive without me"
Old 2011-10-15, 16:11   Link #79
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
As an elementary student no less

With the things we've learned of every other character in this show, how can you think what little we've seen of Tabuki is the real him? If anyone believes he doesn't have his hidden side like everyone else......

Can't wait for Tabuki's episode where we further go, WTF???!!!

Quote:

"So I want to mess you up, I'll give you a body that can't survive without me"
Or, Yuri has laced that tea with a highly addictive drug, and is now going to reinforce that addiction with hot sexual pleasure!
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-15, 16:15   Link #80
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
With the things we've learned of every other character in this show, how can you think what little we've seen of Tabuki is the real him? If anyone believes he doesn't have his hidden side like everyone else......

Can't wait for Tabuki's episode where we further go, WTF???!!!
Well okay you are probably right but I was thinking maybe one character is normal on the show.

But I guess a messed up Tabuki would be more interesting in the long run!