Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-29, 01:48   Link #1561
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Epic Finale Picture

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-29, 02:29   Link #1562
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 04:26   Link #1563
~kurayami~

I will honestly admit that Campione! would happen to be one of the worst animes I watched. They reel you in with convincing characters and somewhat of a good story, let alone if you make it pass the kissing; knowledge and magic is passed through this method only for Campione's, those who managed to kill a god and feared by them.

I honestly believe the light novel will have some redeeming qualities and aim further down the road compared to where the anime has stopped at. There's too much left unspoken and the last few episodes (possibly 4) degraded the series to such a degree I wouldn't want anyone to waste their time watching it. Eventually came to the point of pulling something so bad out of their ass near the end with other degrading things to kill it for me.

2/10
~kurayami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 04:58   Link #1564
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Personally, I'd much rather wait for the original work to finish first and then get a full, good anime adaptation out of it rather than have it rushed out long before the work is finished and lead to "meh" or worse standards by forcing in anime-original stuff, rushing events, lacking development, cramming in fillers in some cases *looks at Naruto, Bleach, and others*, etc.

Inuyasha, for example. Several YEARS before we finally got the last chunk of the story out in manga form and then longer before the anime adaptation, but I felt the wait was more than worth it because it really captured the feeling from the manga. If they had gone and simply ended it where it left off before, I would've been pissed off and completely unsatisfied.

On the other hand, we had things like Claymore, Elfen Lied, etc, which left me feeling in such a way with their anime adaptations (follows the work and then just gets an abrupt anime original ending) while the manga versions that kept going still had/have me hooked.
The original work was way past the part where the anime ended. Some retard just decided that they should have an original ending--even though there's no need to.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 05:24   Link #1565
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kurayami~ View Post
I will honestly admit that Campione! would happen to be one of the worst animes I watched. They reel you in with convincing characters and somewhat of a good story, let alone if you make it pass the kissing; knowledge and magic is passed through this method only for Campione's, those who managed to kill a god and feared by them.

I honestly believe the light novel will have some redeeming qualities and aim further down the road compared to where the anime has stopped at. There's too much left unspoken and the last few episodes (possibly 4) degraded the series to such a degree I wouldn't want anyone to waste their time watching it. Eventually came to the point of pulling something so bad out of their ass near the end with other degrading things to kill it for me.

2/10
i mostly agree with u it wasn't 2 out of 10 but it wasn't great the story was good but the way they did it was lame. Ironic that people consider it a harem end but really i don't think its a harem end. Its more like inconclusive. and HANDS DOWN Tenchi was the harem king. Ise is 2nd and Godou isnt a King in the harem aspect at all he's more like the village Fool
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 05:25   Link #1566
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I lol'ed at that black loli... thingy.

It was a decent anime though, and I don't mind a season 2. Hopefully adult Athena comes back.
Old 2012-09-29, 05:35   Link #1567
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
The original work was way past the part where the anime ended. Some retard just decided that they should have an original ending--even though there's no need to.
Agree. If they have time to do that shit named original ending, it's better to focus their efforts on plots and character developments on previous episodes. Heck, Ena's got no character developments at all. She just pop out of nowhere, attacking MC out of nowhere, and resolve so abruptly in merely 2 episodes, ONLY 2 EPISODES! what the hell was that!? She's supposed to be one of four main heroines in the LN yet executions in the anime adaptation killed her character so badly! Original ending!? That's just a shit to cover their totally failure executions!
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 06:13   Link #1568
ImperialFlameGod8190

forget Ena Liliana was also brutally destroyed and Yuri who seemed interesting from the LN is almost impossible to deal with erica's the only one who got proper development
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 06:17   Link #1569
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I must agree that this kind of original ending is kind of lame....
but since it's already happen, I'll support this one... who expect a man to get kissed by 5 girls in a day??? so Mariya provide knowledge to awake UBW, Ena kissed him to reclaim sword, Lili kissed him to raise sword's power, Athena kissed him to use that huge golden sickle, and Erica claim the best kiss to claim Godou's love...
want to give a bad score to this final episode... but Athena's moeness saved it.... lol
Tension already built well in episode 11... then after defeating Ena, suddenly a final boss appear... it's kind of lame and I agree that Ena deserved more stories
I've read somewhere that Erica never approve Ena as one of Godou's harem... but from anime it seems nothing really happen... (expecting some cat fight between them)

people might disagree but I'll put 7/10.... Campione! is quite enjoyable as a harem-supernatural anime.. and it deserved a second season
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 06:45   Link #1570
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
forget Ena Liliana was also brutally destroyed and Yuri who seemed interesting from the LN is almost impossible to deal with erica's the only one who got proper development
Almost none! Character developments of each heroine in animes was almost none (sans Liliana, since her arc was made in too exaggerated ways). Reading LN feels very epic with good fights and good conclusions on each arc. But after watching anime.......feels like watching "super man" or "batman" series: villains show up, beat them, done (+ get new harem), move to the next episode. Even worse, when the position of fourth main heroine, Ena, need to be established in the story, they instead settle her arc in purely original episode that literally killing Ena's character mercilessly.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 06:47   Link #1571
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well give watching all of it fine series of sorts give leave door open for s2 if happen.

overall sure give if get dub why i go feeling yea dub make more hmm to see.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 07:20   Link #1572
Awrya
U mad?

If I didn't read the LN, I'd give the whole Athena/Metis thing 7/10, but since I read the LN, it is 3/10.

It's been a while since I wanted to facepalm the whole time while watching an episode, the staff really outdid themselves.
I was wondering if I was watching some kind of parody, like the movie within the movie from Gundam 00.
I kind of expected them to finish off with Raiser Sword, after they all went Trans-Am.
Seems like most of the budget went into the last [Sword] scene.

At the ending scene, Erica, Yui and Lilliana want to be by his side, while Ena wants more rice
Old 2012-09-29, 10:03   Link #1573
Miraluka
Banned

As adaptation I would give it a 4/10 but since I knew from the very beginning that the writers will cramp in 5 novels in 12 episodes I'm judging it as as original series so 7/10.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 10:48   Link #1574
Bombo
TSF Fans

I just finished last episode ....No one miss with loli kiss power :P
As LN reader i will give this series 4/10 ,,,Why!?
1- Story ruined .
2- Cut scenes .
3- A Lot character didn't show up .
But animation and VA they done well and fit character .!

In the end it's seem there's second season because "that" man is show up .

Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 11:08   Link #1575
II Maestro

Well it's not a bad original anime ending but if you read the LN you'll be a little heartbroken by the anime ending, Though I said that I wish for a season 2 of this series since we saw JPS appear along with Voban & Doni.

Seishuin Ena you RICE~! I mean ROCK~!(LoL)
Old 2012-09-29, 11:15   Link #1576
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I personally didn't think this Metis arc was any worse than the rest. It was more or less on the same level, really, which is very average. Campione was one of these shows I forget as soon as they're over. There was absolutely nothing special or memorable about it (except maybe that kissing scene in the previous episode). The premise was interesting but the execution was plain horrible.
Old 2012-09-29, 11:20   Link #1577
~kurayami~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I personally didn't think this Metis arc was any worse than the rest. It was more or less on the same level, really, which is very average. Campione was one of these shows I forget as soon as they're over. There was absolutely nothing special or memorable about it (except maybe that kissing scene in the previous episode). The premise was interesting but the execution was plain horrible.
The anime never existed in my book. Erased it all off of my HD like I did with SAO.
I like your summary since it's a lot easier to understand compared to what I said in my former post.
~kurayami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 12:34   Link #1578
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

It sucks at times to be a Manga/LN reader, cause you come in expecting to see the story you enjoyed in book form, and see it as completely different. So in a sense, I can see why you'd have harsher opinions for an anime series.

Luckily, I'm able to judge it just on what I see in front if me, but even then, I have no issue with changes in story as long as it still entertains. People have to remember its called an Adaptation for a reason. While a super faithful adaptation is usually appreciated, its never been and never will be required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190
Ise is 2nd and Godou isnt a King in the harem aspect at all he's more like the village Fool
Disagree, I definitely consider Godou a better Harem MC than Issei when it comes to the harem aspect. Issei started off as wanting a harem, but has shown too much romantic appreciation to Rias. You get a pretty good sign that Asia and Akeno pretty much have no chance. Here though, Erica just had sexual kissing relations with him, and he's STILL kissing his other girls.
Old 2012-09-29, 12:44   Link #1579
HandofFate

What was the LN ending?

As a non-LN watcher of this series. I thought this episode was great. Flashy power spam one right after the other in the final fight was great. Everyone took part and had their screentime epic pose and such. It was like a SRW taisen game

A few questions though. Ena is also a miko? She helped Yuri bind Metis for a bit there at the shrine.

And at the end, when Godou thought he wouldn't make it, Athena used that authority to teleport to Godou instantly?

I don't remember the last time I seen a true harem end in an anime where every girl is okay with sharing the guy.
Old 2012-09-29, 12:51   Link #1580
kujoe
from head to heel

My other main gripe is the overall design and art direction. With all the happenings about gods, magic and what not, it just seems so... plain. For a small example, Liliana's sword seems like a big deal but it just looks like a plain old sabre. It just feels lacking. I suppose this piece of criticism also applies to the light novels themselves since the anime is just following the concepts from that.

It's not like I'm expecting something overdone and needlessly elaborate for the look and feel of the entire work, but I feel like there's this gap between the rich lore and the actual atmosphere of the story. Maybe it's too... cartoony? Or utterly generic? I don't know. I can't think of the proper word right now. It just seems a lot more thought would've been great to visually elevate the story even more.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen