AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-06, 10:52   Link #40681
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You do know draining the core directly implies that itbs the same circumstance as Yukihira right? And good design.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 10:53   Link #40682
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yay, elite mauve shirt unit

Technically, all energy weapon draw the energy from the I.S., some just drain faster than the core can replenish it.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:58   Link #40683
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But he stated that it limits the number of shots. This implies the drain significant. Much like Yukihira. However, whether it drains the shields or directly kills the systems once the core is spent is his to work out.

Does experience in brawling have any advantage against pure military CQC training?
Old 2013-03-06, 11:09   Link #40684
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

the advantage is being unpredictable

too bad, an excellent military CQC included subduing a brawler as part of the training.

Basically amateur fighter < Street brawler < professional fighter
Old 2013-03-06, 11:14   Link #40685
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Mmm...any examples of techniques used by the military for subduing brawlers?
Old 2013-03-06, 11:30   Link #40686
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Mostly a perfect application of practical martial arts. There's very few specific CQC 'style' in this world, one of the most well known example being Krav Maga

As noted, the technique itself are derived from street brawling, but not about the randomness, but more 'field approach' aspect. It's real basis are mishmash of various fighting style, with the flashy aspect discarded.

For example, some poor dude tried to punch a soldier, the reaction is a fast hit to vital places before the punch even connect.
Old 2013-03-06, 19:37   Link #40687
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I have this feeling that a brawler can't win in outright show of power given these information @_@
Old 2013-03-06, 20:15   Link #40688
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Coupled with Izuru's (proven, if inconsistent) that one by one, a cadet rep will win against a member of well trained spec ops. they might be inferior in technique and/or real battle experience, but near-constant usage of I.S. accelerate their physical and mental growth as soldier. In this case, the cadet rep are somewhere between a brawler and a pro fighter, but they simply overpower and outpace the true pro fighter, like that aforementioned spec ops member.

(of course, when a cadet rep fought against a cohesive, hardass spec ops UNIT, poor sap will be their bitch)
Old 2013-03-06, 22:06   Link #40689
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
You do know draining the core directly implies that itbs the same circumstance as Yukihira right? And good design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Yay, elite mauve shirt unit

Technically, all energy weapon draw the energy from the I.S., some just drain faster than the core can replenish it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
But he stated that it limits the number of shots. This implies the drain significant. Much like Yukihira. However, whether it drains the shields or directly kills the systems once the core is spent is his to work out.

Does experience in brawling have any advantage against pure military CQC training?
It's going to be an in-story unit so there might be changes. Basically the Sentinel Flag is the IS equivalent of the Unicorn's Beam Magnum, it's -that- powerful. I might change it into a magazine-fed weapon.
Old 2013-03-06, 23:24   Link #40690
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, I just wonder about something

Folding barrel would be too complex isn't it? the system intended for moar velocity and accuracy, but bulky and require both hands. In folded form, the weapon is basically an one handed carbine.
Old 2013-03-06, 23:28   Link #40691
agetreme
Just another Idiot

A leader with a power gun reminds me of Super Robot War Z's Glory Star Or may be gundam 00's throne Ein.
Old 2013-03-07, 00:02   Link #40692
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hmm, I just wonder about something

Folding barrel would be too complex isn't it? the system intended for moar velocity and accuracy, but bulky and require both hands. In folded form, the weapon is basically an one handed carbine.
It seemed simple enough for Cherudim Gundam to use. The GN Sniper Rifle II works the same way as you described.
Old 2013-03-07, 00:09   Link #40693
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well cherudim was making use of accelerated paricles. In theory the barrel only works as a prolonged focal point so the particles cluster into a cohesive beam. When the barrel is folded, the particle accelerator at the base of the rifle fires small bursts of half formed particle clusters...

EDIT: I'm pretty sure Laura was never fielded, but she acts like a hardass. Does she really have live combat experience?
Old 2013-03-07, 01:24   Link #40694
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Its a coilgun, only with handwavium field support rather than pure electromagnet, using unobtanium alloy as projectile material with much higher abrasion resistance and saturation value than conventional coilgun slug (steel core + tungsten jacket). It's still follow consistent equation however, and to attain maximum velocity, extra barrel extension had to be put manually, thus there are three modes.

> Carbine (barrel folded, no extension, single hand)
> Marksman (barrel unfolded, no extension, two hands)
> Siege (barrel unfolded, with extension, two hands)

@ demi
Put it short yes, she's also supersoldier, hence CQC curbstomp on everyone (unless we count a certain sue)
Old 2013-03-07, 01:31   Link #40695
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I would think tate has live experience so at the very least they're on equal footing... if we ignore Izuru's words that is.
Old 2013-03-07, 01:41   Link #40696
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

And there's this

Bullet that accelerate as it goes, boy howdy.

Too many sniper made me get headache for diversification.
Old 2013-03-07, 01:58   Link #40697
demino_hellsin
That one guy

after I finish with what I'm doing. I'm definitely reviving my IsxFourze idea -_-"

In this setting Tabane would know about Cosmic energy but doesn't see its uses as little else than an entropy engine. The bad guy knows about the true potential of cosmic energy and starts sending it out all over the place. The phenomenon that brings Gentarou to IS-verse if from the bad guy creating dimensional holes that transfer a steady stream of cosmic energy from other words to the IS world.
Old 2013-03-07, 02:16   Link #40698
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What is this fulmetal alchemist?????

on the second though, please don't explain, my brain will asplode form the sheer weight of the truth.

ITS PLOT TIME!
Old 2013-03-07, 02:18   Link #40699
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Let's just say that it's made of half science and half super robot physics. Tabane only believed in the science side 'Entropy engine'. The bad guy believes in the super robot physics too.
Old 2013-03-07, 03:01   Link #40700
agetreme
Just another Idiot

I know it sound kind of crazy but I am thinking about a normal slice of life story with little to no IS involvement.

A story about school life....mostly.

Reason to why:
Who the hell do you think they are? Rep Candidate?

I think the girls' personality is good enough for a slice of life.

==
Working that as a separate story from Vantier's project.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest