AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-11-13, 07:44   Link #3781
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
i too, like the gungi match better than the fight (not until royal guards fight though...)

gungi.... better than hikaru no go
hope that this board game will really released in real world, seems interesting, i like chess so much and this game is more complex than chess o_o
I do like Gungi from what I have seen so far, but I think Hikaru no Go is still better because we at least get to know the rules

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-11-13 at 15:35.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 10:24   Link #3782
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 104-
Spoiler for part 1:

----------
Spoiler for part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:00   Link #3783
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Morel controlled the battle from start to finish. That was an impressive display of patience, cautiousness and levelheadedness. A less experienced nen user might have been done in by Cheetu's ability despite how ill-suited it was to him. It's a shame we'll never find out what happens when the countdown ends, but given how strict the condition Cheetu had set was, it probably meant an instant win for him.

Leol's ability seems like a weaker version of Chrollo's. He can learn nen abilities more easily but he can only borrow them for one hour instead of stealing them permanently. His "victims" need to be kept alive as well whereas I believe Chrollo can kill them. It's definitely a useful ability, but I think Chrollo's is better in the long run.
Old 2013-11-13, 11:01   Link #3784
kakakka

For Chrollo's ability, I think the victims need to be alive as well.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 11:06   Link #3785
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
For Chrollo's ability, I think the victims need to be alive as well.
I just checked and you're right. Leol's ability is about on par with Chrollo's then.
Old 2013-11-13, 11:40   Link #3786
Clarste
Human

Chrollo's version is permanent though. He can use whatever ability he likes whenever he wants. Leol needs a debt for each hour. Which means he needs to go out of his way to help people for every hour he plans on doing anything. Plus they need to actively acknowledge the debt. Sounds troublesome.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 12:12   Link #3787
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Chrollo's version is permanent though. He can use whatever ability he likes whenever he wants. Leol needs a debt for each hour. Which means he needs to go out of his way to help people for every hour he plans on doing anything. Plus they need to actively acknowledge the debt. Sounds troublesome.
They have differents advantages.

Leol's advantage is he doesn't need to beat up everyone he gets a favor from, and they don't need to know what the favor is, either. Odds are he can uses his ability under the radar and slowly gets better and better abilities.

OTOH, Chrollo pretty much needs to beat the person, which means that getting an ability that is superior to his own base skill is hard, AND the person he steals the ability from can't use it at all, which means that it's hard as fuck for him to use his ability in secret.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 12:21   Link #3788
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
They have differents advantages.

Leol's advantage is he doesn't need to beat up everyone he gets a favor from, and they don't need to know what the favor is, either. Odds are he can uses his ability under the radar and slowly gets better and better abilities.

OTOH, Chrollo pretty much needs to beat the person, which means that getting an ability that is superior to his own base skill is hard, AND the person he steals the ability from can't use it at all, which means that it's hard as fuck for him to use his ability in secret.
Well might be tough for Leol to casually gain abilities since he needs to know what the person's ability is. Seems like an ability really that is easy to use when you have allies. Those people you will know and understand their abilities. Strangers are tougher since they won't casually discuss their nen ability.

Which makes Flutter such a huge ally, can find out a lot about someone's nen ability and thus get a step closer to adding their ability.
Old 2013-11-13, 13:34   Link #3789
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well might be tough for Leol to casually gain abilities since he needs to know what the person's ability is.
He just needs to see it (or know its name). Chrollo, OTOH, needs to see it and to have it explained in detail. It's much more troublesome. I mean, who the hell explains their ability, except very naive people or those who put it as a condition like Bomber?

Leol can get debts on the sly a lot more easily.

One big advantage Chollo has is that he can practice.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 13:47   Link #3790
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Also, Chrollo seals the subject's nen ability as soon as he registers the ability. Leol's ability only seals the ability while Leol himself is using it.

The former has the benefit of disabling an opponent completely. The latter has the benefit of their target being none the wiser.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 14:44   Link #3791
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The former has the benefit of disabling an opponent completely.
We don't know how completely they're disabled. If it's just the ability and not the nen itself that's sealed, the guy may well come back with a new ability.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 15:21   Link #3792
SHINOBI-03

Reading the description for Leol's ability, the borrowed abilities stay saved in his pod till the owner is dead. It didn't say it's a one use only and it'd be safe to assume Leol can use them as many times as he wants to, unless it's till he get paid back.

And yes, while Leol borrows the ability for one hour, it's still easier to use because all what he needs to activate it is ripping the ticket and that's it. Chrollo ONTH needs to keep his book opened and as we saw in his fight with the Zoldyecks it's not easy to fight a strong opponent with just one hand, unless he keeps the book open and hidden somewhere so he can use both of his hands to fight...? No matter how strong the stolen ability is, it's useless if he can't open his book.
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 16:17   Link #3793
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
Reading the description for Leol's ability, the borrowed abilities stay saved in his pod till the owner is dead. It didn't say it's a one use only and it'd be safe to assume Leol can use them as many times as he wants to, unless it's till he get paid back.

And yes, while Leol borrows the ability for one hour, it's still easier to use because all what he needs to activate it is ripping the ticket and that's it. Chrollo ONTH needs to keep his book opened and as we saw in his fight with the Zoldyecks it's not easy to fight a strong opponent with just one hand, unless he keeps the book open and hidden somewhere so he can use both of his hands to fight...? No matter how strong the stolen ability is, it's useless if he can't open his book.
It's clearly once per debt. The ticket he rips up is the IOU, indicating that the debt is being discharged. Without the IOU he lacks the condition to use the ability.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-13, 16:22   Link #3794
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post

Hard to say. I think it'd make more sense that ripping up an IOU ticket would imply that the favor is being repaid or at least there is a limitation. Otherwise Leol wouldn't have been nearly so unseasy about using that ability. Keeping it a secret matters, but would make just as much sense that calling in the favor requires renewing. Maybe at most he can use an ability several times before it's counted as repaid, but that's as far as I'd think it would go.

It's still a handy ability. Though in a fight both abilities have their weaknesses. After all Leol has to use that device, sift through the abilities, pull out a ticket and rip it up. A lot of things that his opponent is hardly going to sit back and let him do.
Old 2013-11-13, 20:50   Link #3795
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He just needs to see it (or know its name). Chrollo, OTOH, needs to see it and to have it explained in detail. It's much more troublesome.
Chrollo also needs to have the victim's hand touch the book, and fulfill all the conditions within an hour.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 01:24   Link #3796
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Having read the manga, I'm fearly sure Leol's ability only works once.

Unless the subject becomes in his debt again anyway.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 15:47   Link #3797
MCAL

The most impressive thing about HxH is that it can derive tension from just about anything. Honestly the episode felt like it ended in ten minutes. I just did not want it to end. And with that cliffhanger too.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 16:11   Link #3798
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-19, 17:44   Link #3799
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is getting more and more tense. I already know what is going to happen since I've already read the manga (I've probably forgotten a lot of things though, it was years ago) yet I was on the edge of my seat while watching this episode. They're doing a great job with this arc.
Old 2013-11-19, 17:46   Link #3800
Arkeus

They are showing off Palm's arc really well too.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen