AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Penguin Drum

Notices

View Poll Results: Penguin Drum - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 24 36.36%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 43.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 15.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.52%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-17, 15:24   Link #121
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
I doubt she was that harsh when she was alive, rather she is bitter at Ringo for chewing her when she was a baby :
I can't believe that other forums haven't obsess over that cute pix of Ringo

Momoka seem like a tsundere, because Tabuki complained how late he was to meet her and she would scold him for it.
Old 2011-10-17, 21:30   Link #122
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Is the ED really just Himari wishful thinking afterall?
Tried to put the ending together to understand it a bit more clearly :
Spoiler for ED03 Looo----ng pic:

Himari is the only one falling and trying to reach for a star when Hikari and Hibari are stable on theirs, harboring a confidant face and posture.
It's pretty easy to see it as Himari representation of her own situation : fame/success (the star) is escaping her when Hikari and Hibari are carried away from her by their growing popularity.

But I agree with you risingstar that the ending sequence shows also what Himari wishes for. Since her (former?) friends wear the scarfs she made for them, it's most likely she hasn't gave up on seeing them again and why not join them? Or at least so she wishes...

The second Himari, on top on everyone else, dress like the PoC and cheerful contrasts completely with the one at the bottom who looks somehow surprised/chocked... While bottom Himari is falling, the top one is happily following the thread of destiny. But who is she? PoC? Momoka? The Himari whose actual bottom Himari aims/wishes to become?

Finally those hands, look like they try to reach desperately for someone : either Himari or each other? They seem to be a reminder of the Op sequence where the brothers hands pass by each others and then Kanba's shadow falls.

Quite a depressing ED sequence if watches through Himari's eyes, whose dreams were crushed so young ._.

Last edited by Nina.Wolken; 2011-10-17 at 22:38. Reason: hands part fixed
Old 2011-10-17, 21:51   Link #123
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
They seem to be a reminder of the Op sequence where Kanba tries to catch the falling Shouma.
The one falling in the opening seems to be Kanba, not Shouma IMO.
Old 2011-10-17, 22:33   Link #124
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The one falling in the opening seems to be Kanba, not Shouma IMO.
You're right, the last silhouette falling looks a bit more like Kanba than Shouma. And both hands are actually trying to reach for each other right before.
Old 2011-10-17, 23:35   Link #125
YayPepsi

Maybe Penguindrum will have a Twilight Zone-like reveal... where Yuri is considered strange for being the only girl without a penis.

...No? Just me then? Well, if that turns out to be what happens...I totally called it.
Old 2011-10-18, 12:27   Link #126
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

This just got weirder and more interesting. I have no sympathy for Ringo she tried to pull that s**t, and what goes around comes around.
Old 2011-10-21, 20:47   Link #127
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Just heard about the theory about Kanba being a child prostitute--mind blown. Wow. Let's see if that's what's up.
Old 2011-10-21, 22:47   Link #128
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
Just heard about the theory about Kanba being a child prostitute--mind blown. Wow. Let's see if that's what's up.
Well there is nothing that explicitly points to that but at the same time it's definitely a possibility. I guess it would somewhat line up with his playboy image.

Of course I always felt the way Kanba was so good at tracking Ringo in episode 2 & 3 was a clue to what he did to get money from those men in black & I don't think prostitution would lead to those skills.
Old 2011-10-22, 05:41   Link #129
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
First time I saw him deal with that shady man in the metro, that's what immediately came to my mind .
As disturbing or disgusting the thought might be, those days for a good looking teen, girl or guy, prostitution is one of the fastest way to make money. Kanba is depicted as very attractive and ready to do anything to save Himari.
Also, why were they several men in episode 13? If they were all from the same organization, one emissary would have been enough. But since they had to come in person, it felt more like "clients" ifyouknowwhatImean .

There is still a chance he is hired for other purposes but I wouldn't count too much on it.
Old 2011-11-09, 08:29   Link #130
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I love yuri, for god's sake, but I didn't want this! I seriously didn't want this! And just when I started to like Ringo, too..
Closed Thread