AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-28, 20:41   Link #41
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

Yes, those were all manga acquisitions.

Princess Tutu has been licensed I believe a long time ago, (along with Scrapped Princess) but so far no one has come forward to state exactly who has it, so until then, it's still remains unlicensed in most people's views.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:46   Link #42
wao
OK.

I don't know what's wrong with whoever who acquired it announcing it straight off... It's a very subbable anime and it also is really really great... a lot of the culture is not Japanese but German and such, it's easier to do in English.

GAH. Well, even if they license it the DVDs aren't coming here for a loooong, looooooooooooooooong time.

Thanks anyway, DrWho2002.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 20:50   Link #43
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
I don't know what's wrong with whoever who acquired it announcing it straight off... It's a very subbable anime and it also is really really great... a lot of the culture is not Japanese but German and such, it's easier to do in English.

GAH. Well, even if they license it the DVDs aren't coming here for a loooong, looooooooooooooooong time.

Thanks anyway, DrWho2002.
If they announce it straight off they might add too much backlog and people keep complaining to make to release fast.
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-25, 22:00   Link #44
donna8157

Princess Tutu

Hi. I just finished watching this series and was really impressed with how much depth it had. The title didn't catch me when I first heard about it and thought it was some sort of regular type of magic girl show, but I was pleasantly surprised. Anyway, I tried to find some discussion on this show on this forum, but couldn't find any.

What did you think of the ending?

Spoiler:
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 01:57   Link #45
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Princess Tutu is one of the best shows that I have ever seen. I'm glad that you enjoyed it as I have.

About the ending:
Spoiler for the end:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 10:33   Link #46
wao
OK.

Yay! Another bunch of Princess Tutu fans :x I'm also a big plugger of the series...

To tell you the truth thuogh, I did not like the series until I came to the end of the 1st season... It seemed incredibly mushy and repetetive to me, but after rewatching it twice, I think I grew to like it. There were so many little hidden things (For example, the hint about the nature of the town when Paulemona and troupe were wondering "Was our troupe leader always like this? (an eel.)" And then they show one of the town gates...
I always love seeing the episodes in the 1st season starting from when
Spoiler:

The ending for this anime is one of the best, IMO

Spoiler:
Old 2004-05-26, 11:08   Link #47
jennwenn

Agreed! I love this series so much. I have never gone from hating to loving characters so drastically in any anime series. (Except perhaps X TV, which has similar turnarounds, but even that was not as good.)

Spoiler:

I'd love to see a high-budget movie or OVA. (Maybe by the time the DVDs all come out, they'll announce one!)
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 18:41   Link #48
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is great that this show can create so much thoughful insight. Here is a bit that only spoils the first half of this show. (up through episode 13)

Spoiler for first 13 episodes. Fakir's development in The Chapter of Egg.:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-26, 19:14   Link #49
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Princess Tutu is one of the deepest show I have seen in recent years, it's up there with Kino no Tabi IMO. the first half looks like standard fairy tale show but then it suddenly turns into something much more. Very unorthodoxical series.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 05:29   Link #50
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
Agreed! I love this series so much. I have never gone from hating to loving characters so drastically in any anime series. (Except perhaps X TV, which has similar turnarounds, but even that was not as good.)

Spoiler:

I'd love to see a high-budget movie or OVA. (Maybe by the time the DVDs all come out, they'll announce one!)
Unfortunately, all the DVDs have loooooooooooooooong since come out and yet there's no sequel sort of thing. DAMN do I want one!

Did you know, btw, the person behind the concept of this anime (I believe she thought out the whole story and all - she directed Mahou Tsukai Tai if I'm not wrong), she actually went to places in Austria and Germany... and while she was there she studied and took photos and detailed observations of various places there, and used them as a base for all the various places in Kinkan-chou... She designed and laid out the whole of Kinkan-chou; I think this is somewhere on the Japanese website.
Old 2004-05-28, 09:37   Link #51
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, no doubt. They really need to create a sequel to this one. I wanna see that little duck again.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 11:27   Link #52
donna8157

Yes, I do believe a sequel should be in order. =D Sigh .. I think this is one of the only series (other than Rurouni Kenshin) in which I want to see some more of the characters. I do have a question about the ending though.

If reality and fantasy are now separate again in their world, then wouldn't Fakir lose the ability to create reality with what he wrote? Would he not be able to turn Ahiru to a person again?

Well, it'd be awesome if they do have a sequel. I am completely smitten with this series. =)
Old 2004-05-28, 15:14   Link #53
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

I've really wanted to see this, since Sannin reccomends it so highly, but I can't find any info on the DVDs anywhere, and there are no subs otherwise... Any idea where I can find it? Is it really licensed?
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 15:45   Link #54
TronDD
Team the box!

It was just announced as licenced last month. Gonna be awhile for DVDs to come out.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 20:01   Link #55
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
It was just announced as licenced last month. Gonna be awhile
for DVDs to come out.

Sorry just wanted to chain emoticon Who is it licensed by?
ZeppelinJ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-28, 21:58   Link #56
TronDD
Team the box!

It was licensed by ADV.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 01:21   Link #57
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
If reality and fantasy are now separate again in their world, then wouldn't Fakir lose the ability to create reality with what he wrote? Would he not be able to turn Ahiru to a person again?
But then, if that were true, you'd have to wonder how reality and fantasy got mixed in the first place... we're led to believe that Drosselmeyer had the ability in his life, but when he died, everything went all screwy.

Of course, we don't know for sure if he had the power or not, so we don't know if Fakir would keep it after cleaning Kinkan-chou up. Or, did reality and fantasy mix before Drosselmeyer or Fakir got their writing ability? Or is it that the fantasy world is real and the "reality" is a fake ideal? Or... *brain explodes*
Old 2004-05-29, 01:36   Link #58
LK_LoA

No sequel(s) please. It ended well so please let it be.
*Plays the ED credits*
That is all.
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 01:05   Link #59
donna8157

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK_LoA
No sequel(s) please. It ended well so please let it be.
*Plays the ED credits*
That is all.

Yeah, I know that it ended well enough .. but I just liked the characters so much that I would like it if they continued on. (sigh) .. I guess that's how it is.
Old 2004-05-30, 01:19   Link #60
wao
OK.

Aw dammit, now I'm not the only person with a Princess Tutu avatar But I'm the only one with a Fakia avatar...

Has anyone seen the seiyuu interviews on the Japanese webpage? They're quite interesting... Fakia's seiyuu and Fakia himself are rather different sorts of characters O_O

Speaking of which, I really wonder if whoever ADV is getting to dub Princess Tutu can do the duck-sounding voice that Ahiru's seiyuu has... Nanae Katou (yeah, that's Ahiru's seiyuu) has only been in Asagiri no Miko (Chika Yurikasa), Croquette! (Croquette), Godanner (Hayashi), Magic User's Club (Madoka Masuko), Mahou Yuugi 3D (Mustard), Peace Maker Kurogane (Hana) and that's it! That's counting all her minor roles as well.

Mythos' seiyuu is even more hidden, though - only been in Azumanga Daioh (as Male Student 1 from Episode 1 o_o), and Galaxy Railways (as... Yuuki Manabu, whoever that is).

But Fakia's seiyuu has done a loooooot more... including Ukiya from Gatekeepers (:O!!), Yuri in Kyou kara Maou, Suzumu in PMK, Sasame in Pretear, and even Arihiko in Shingetsutan Tsukihime... though Rue's seiyuu Nana Suzuki has done more well known roles (I've siad this before: Kururu from BF (sang one of the ED too), Minazuki from Happy Lesson, Taeko from PA, Hinata from Naruto, Nana from Shichinin no Nana (coincidentially she sang the ED...), blah blah)